• Published 16th Jan 2013
  • 456 Views, 7 Comments

Discordant Job - Dream Reader



What do you do when your boss isn't just difficult to get along with but just plain Discord.

  • ...
1
 7
 456

In which more ponies are introduced.

“Wow, this is huge” Lilly exclaimed. Dream Reader couldn't help but agree, thinking is good the castle stood out and that they were probably going to be escorted there, considering Lilly Stitch and her navigation talents were disappointingly lacking.


“Lil just calm down, remember what happened last time you got wowed by how big something was, you nearly ate that entire cake. And even though it’d be amusing I don’t think you should get lost here. Also we were told report directly to the castle, as in without delay,” Dream said jokingly, but still looking for someone that looked as out of place as she did, and then she saw two stallions, one a white Pegasus with purple hair and the other was a strange looking fellow, he had black and white markings and what in the name of Equestria had he done to his mane it looked like a Mo-hawk! She nudged Lilly and pointed her nose at the two, Lilly squeed and galloped over to them nearly scaring them.


Dream walked over and heard Lilly talking quickly, almost too quickly. Dream came up and immediately said, “Lilly Stitch, calm down you’re scaring the poor guys. Hi, I’m Dream Catcher, but everyone just calls me Dre. Are you all here for Princess Celestia’s new idea?”


The Pegasus stallion looked almost dumbfounded, his mouth hanging open, his blue eyes staring straight at hers. The odd stallion smiled at both of them and said, “Yo, how’s it going? I’m Mic.”


Lilly took that opportunity to blurt out, “What kind of pony are you? I've never seen a stallion like you before. By the way I’m Lilly Stitch.”


“LILLY!” Dream shouted, while covering her friends muzzle, “I’m so sorry, Mic, I hope she hasn't offended you.”


Mic just laughed and said, “S’ok I’m used to getting asked that, I’m what ponies call a zebra. I’m from Trotsburg, my family moved from some land even my dad doesn't remember.”


“And who are you?” Dream tried asking the other stallion, he shook his head.


“Moon Light,” he said, shyly.


“Well Moon Light, do you know of anyone else that is going to be here?” Dream asked, hoping he was just not use to the rest of them yet.


“No, I think we were the only ones arriving today. So, where’re y’all from?” Moon said while walking towards the castle.


“We’re from Donston, both Lilly and I. I run a dream catcher shop, and Lilly runs a tailor shop, she’s amazing at making dresses and things,” Dream gushed.



Celestia began to wonder if the ponies selected would be a match mentally for Discord and his tricks. She looked at the list again; Dream Reader, a unicorn with an uncanny ability to tell a pony what their dreams mean; Mic, a zebra whose skills at the microphone goes beyond just rapping; Lilly Stich, a Pegasus with talent in all thing cloth; Moon Light, another Pegasus who clears the clouds at night because of his amazing night vision; and Emerald Stripe, an earth pony who made music that could make grown stallions weep. She just hoped these ponies meshed well.


One of the guards came in to announce that 4 of the 5 have arrived and that they were just waiting for Emerald to show up. As the first 4 walked into the stain glass gallery where all the exploits of the 6 friends who possessed the Elements of Harmony and the Princess Cadence and her new husband were displayed, Dream gasped. She’d heard the windows were beautiful, but wow the windows were breath taking. Moon just kept walking, right into Dream and Lilly, who was looking in awe of the windows. Mic walked, thinking of ways to sum up this hall of colors, shapes, and stories, and snorted at the mash up of ponies, and kept walking. He knew he could make a decent story out of this yet.

Author's Note:

Here's the second chapter. I'd like to thank my friend who beta read it for me and gave Mic a better personality than he had. Thanks so much Stauto, you really helped this chapter.