• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 1,571 Views, 13 Comments

The Silent Shadow - Onyxfire408



Night Shade becomes a hero and a danger to Ponyville, his...ways can be a little scary.

  • ...
3
 13
 1,571

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Story and Plot by : ME :D

* quick note, if you find any errors, obviously it's my fault, I ain't got any editors or pre-readers.*

Night Shade a blackish blue coated and black maned unicorn stallion arrived in Ponyville ready for a new chapter in his life. He heard of a new cottage near a forest, he need a place to stay, within a small town and a relaxing scenery. He exited his train and walked around with only a a small suitcase levitating above him. He trotted around Ponyville trying to find the town hall to buy this new cottage he had heard of. He noticed that a pink puffy maned pony bouncing around town, he decided to ask her for directions. Night Shade walked up to the pink pony. "Excuse me."

The pink pony stopped and turned her head, strangely enough she twisted her head 180 degrees. She led out s loud gasp, jumped and floated in midair for about 5 seconds, after that she zoomed off leaving only a pink dust cloud with her body shape. Night Shade was confused as ever, he looked around and found a tall building with several stories, his mind was plagued with thoughts if it might be town hall. He shrugged ignoring his thoughts and just trotted towards the building. He entered inside and found a mare doing some paperwork, he trotted over with a few questions.

"Scuse me miss."

The marred turned her head. "Oh yes may I help you?"

"Yes is this Town hall?"

"Why yes it is, are you here about the new cottage we built?" the desk mare questioned

"Yep, how many bits will it cost?"

"Hmm, could you hold on for a second, I need to get the papers."

"Sure, take your times, I got all day." Night Shade happily said.

The desk mare opened her file cabinet and fooled around trying to find the correct file. After an hour or two, she had finally found the file for the cottage and place it on her desk, she looked around and found Night Shade falling asleep on a nearby chair. The desk mare rang her desk bell waking up Night Shade who shot up and walked towards the desk mare. "So how much was the cottage?"

"Well according to these files, it's about 2500 bits."

Night Shade's eyes widened, he reached into his suitcase and pulled out a large sum of bits and put it on the mare's desk. The mare accepted the bits, counted them and handed Night Shade the deed to his new home. Night Shade signed with a happy thought and it took the deed, the address, and the keys to his new home. He trotted through the streets of Ponyville, he stopped by a nearby apple stand to grab an apple for a quick snack. He walked over to the orange mare with a brown stetson.

"Hello miss, could i buy one apple please."

"Wah sure. That'll be two bits." Night shade hands over two bits from his case and received an apple in exchange. "Wah I've nevah seen you in these parts, you new to town."

"Yea, just moved in into that new cottage they built. Name's Night Shade, you?"

"Name's Applejack, where you from stranger?"

"Neighsia" Night Shade responds

"Well that's maghty far, what made you move here?" asked Applejack

"Meh, change of scenery, didn't want to work on a rice field all of life, buck that I say. Well I'm gonna head to my new home now, nice meeting you Applejack." He said as he walked away eating his apple, Applejack waved back and continued with her work. Night Shade continued to trot to his new home, he then walked along the dirt road, to the outskirts of Ponyville. As he walked along the path his train of thought was under control at the scenery of nature around him. He took in a deep breath and breathed out heavily. But his train of thought returned to him as he accidently bumped into a yellow pegasus mare with a pink mane. Night Shade panicked.

"GAH!!! Gomenasai miss, let me help you."

Night Shade wrapped her hooves around the pegasus and lifted her up, though he could have sworn he heard a small "eep" from her. Night Shade bowed his head down in apology to the yellow pegasus. "Gomenasai, I'm sorry miss, I lost my train of thought and didn't see where I was going."

"Oh...uh...It...okay..."

"Well I must be off, I just bought that new cottage." As soon as he started to gallop he stopped and asked "Eh, scuse me miss, sorry to trouble you, but do you know where the Cottage is?" asked Night Shade

"Oh...um...it's...that way" she said as she pointed her hoof in a direction. "Just um... past the first cottage."

"Okay arigato, by the way what's your name?"

"Fluttershy."

"Scuse me? I didn't quite catch that."

"Fluttershy..."

"Flutterguy?"

"Fluttershy!" she blurted out as her face turns crimson and she covered her face with her hooves.

Night Shade couldn't just stand there staring at the pony, he felt bad that she was embarrassed. He lifted her her chin with his hooves making her feel better. "Hey, look at me, it's alright to be scared, you are who you are and nothing can stop you." he said as he galloped off to his new home. "OH YEA." he yelled from a distance "NICE NAME BY THE WAY!!!" he said as he galloped off.

Night Shade couldn't help but think to himself.

Well shes kinda cute...

AHHGG SHUT THE BUCK UP!!!

Well she is kinda cute....

ARRGGHH I NEED SOME SLEEP PRONTO.

Night Shade arrived at the first cottage Fluttershy spoke of, he examined the mailbox to see who his neighbor was, and if it wasn't ironic enough, it was Fluttershy. But Night Shade could sense danger, he could here something whistling in the air he turned and immediately ducked, he got back up to see a plate stuck in a tree and a rabbit with daggers in his eyes. He looked like he was gonna throw another, Night Shade readied his right hoof with a fancy vambrace on it. The bunny threw the plate towards Night Shade. Night Shade immediately acted and a blade popped out of his brace and he sliced the plate in half leaving only two half plates and a shocked bunny. Night Shade retracted his blade and kept walking past the cottage giving the bunny a death look on his eyes.

Not far from Fluttershy's house Night Shade found the cottage, his cottage. He found the for sale sign, he walked over to it, picked it up and throw it away. The cottage was wonderful, there was a small pond nearby and a few trees surrounding it, it was perfect for his...training. He needed to test the trees to see if it was strong enough to climb. He brought out his vambrace but instead of a blade popping out, a hook appeared before his hoof, he jumped onto the tree and stuck his hook into the tree, he hanged there for a good minute, the tree was perfect. He walked inside his new home, it was as empty as a hungry pony, the only kind of furniture there was, was a small stool sitting in the corner of the living room. He luckily brought a sleeping bag with him in his suitcase and slept the night off, honestly he didn't care, he was ready for his new chapter.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the next four weeks Night Shade been living in Ponyville with complete happiness. Fluttershy became good friends with Night Shade, she even introduced her best friends, Applejack, Rarity, Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie. He had found a job working at the Tea House with his boss Tea n' Tea, a what he called "super chilled boss." He had also bought some furniture to make his home, well......homeier. He was happy, at least he wasn't alone, thanks to the pink mare he saw, also known as Pinkie Pie, she had thrown him a welcome to Ponyville party. All was good, really good, but maybe a little too good.

Author's Note:

Well this is a new story by yours truly. I'm doing my best to find any errors or anything since I aint got any pre readers or editors.

-Sayounara