• Published 20th Jan 2012
  • 4,658 Views, 61 Comments

Enabling - Midnight Legend Press



All Pinkie Pie wants is for Twilight to love her...

  • ...
13
 61
 4,658

Tape 2 Side A ...Deeper Into The Darkness...

A Midnight Legends Press Production

By: Your Antagonist(VegaKS03) & Starwind Dood

Enabling

Chapter 3: ..Deeper Into The Darkness...

Tape 2: Side A

Twilight, Twilight give me your answer do.

I'm so crazy all for the love of you.

My heart aches out for your smi-le

pulled out so wide by a bridle,

but with these tears

and longing fears,

I drown in my pitiful stew.

I was in her walls now, watching her from every grating, every air vent, even behind the bookshelves; there was nowhere for my precious Twilight to run from me. I’d leave my hiding spot every now and then to leave a token of my feelings for her, and set up a few traps as well. I could tell from her infatuated screams that she was really enjoying this little ‘hard-to-get’ game I was playing, but it didn’t give me a lot of chances to actually see her.

Even though I’d catch a glimpse of her every now and then, those instances were so few and far between. One such opportunity presented itself to me while I was hiding in a space behind one of her bookshelves, and without a second thought, I took it. I was able to hear her hoof-falls nearing closer to the shelf, but they began leading away at the last moment.There was a small hole in the back of the bookshelf wall, just large enough to fit a hoof through, and without another thought I pushed my foreleg through the gap, shoving a really thick book off the shelf it rested upon. As the book teetered over the edge, I could finally see my dream mare and did she ever look delicious: her horribly out-of-sorts mane and lavender-coat were covered in white frosting and dried chocolate, and those lovely bloodshot eyes looked like cherries on a Twilight Sparkle sundae. Mmm... Twilight Sundae, I wish I could savor the flavor. Hey, I made a rhyme! Hehehe!

My thoughts were cut short as the book I pushed finally hit the ground with a loud “Whump!” I watched as Twilight jumped at the sound and backed herself into another bookshelf, shaking and jittery with her eyes darting around frantically. She looks so cute when she’s frightened, I just want to gobble her up!

I watched Twilight as she stared at the book like it was a manticore, and I noticed that she had taken to grinding her teeth now, such an adorable habit. “PINKIE PIE, SHOW YOURSELF!”

My heart stopped for moment as I listened to the cries of my beloved Twilight. She wants to see me? Madame le Flour was right! My heart fluttered as I listened for more of Twilight’s verbal longings. “Pinkie, please I just want to talk with you. Why are you doing this?” I almost became a marionette to my heartstrings as a sudden urge to jump out and squeeze her shot through my body. I wanted to reveal myself to her, to tell her why I was doing all of this, how I longed for her, how I needed her. No! Madame’s plan has gone perfectly so far. If I leave now, then everything could be wasted. I... must... resist... I had to go to her, I couldn’t bear to be apart from her for another moment. I was steadily losing all self-control, until a voice from the shadows brought me back to my senses.

“Pinkie Pie, vat are you doing?”

“Oh, Madame, I—"

“If you move too quckly, zen you vill ruin everyzeeng!”

“I’m sorry, Madame, I don’t know what came over me.”

“Eet’s all right, Pinkie, now zen, come along dear, we ‘ave more traps to lay before we can begin phase two.”

“Of course, Madame.” I followed Madame le Flour through the vents behind the bookshelf, and we headed to the second level of Twilight’s house again. We outfitted the upstairs with a few more tripwire pranks, my favorite of which was a pressure trigger on her bed that would release a bunch of balloons with my face on them. In fact, we replaced her whole mattress with one really big cake. I even left a life-sized Pinkie Pie doll as a present for her. Truth be told, I have a Twilight one back home. Sure it required a bunch of trips to Sugarcube Corner, but it would be worth it to see the look on her face.

All was going fine on the upstairs level, until I heard some rustling from behind me. Has my beloved gotten the jump on me? I whipped around quickly, searching for Twilight and my next escape route, but there was only more rustling to be heard. “Who’s there? Show yourself?”

“Who?”

“I’m the one asking the questions! Who are you?!” I squinted my eyes around, trying to find whatever was tauning me.

“Who?”

“Rrrrrggg... I said—”

“Pinkie, shut up, or you’ll give away our position!”

“Oh! I’m sorry, Madame...”

“Just do as you’re told. Now look up, vat do you zee?”

I hadn’t noticed it before, but Twilight’s owl had been watching me the whole time. “Who,” It called. It’s mocking me? Well, I’ll soon fix that. I grabbed a fallen perfume bottle from the floor and hurled it as hard as I could at Owlicious. Clonk! I caught him right in the beak and he fell slowly towards the ground.

“I’ve got plans for you, little birdy, hahaha.” Without another word, I grabbed the now unconscious Owlicious with my mouth, and pried open Twilight's bedroom door as quietly as possible—not wanting to alert her to my position—and crept into her bathroom. The tub was still full of soda from her last attempt to take a bath, so I opened the cabinet under her sink where I kept my extra instant pudding mix. Grabbing the mixture, I dumped it into the tub and watched in awe as it began to solidify. It was amusing how quickly the pudding manifested. "You won't open your beak now," I taunted as I buried the bird deep into the pudding mix. "Quite a sweet way to meet your end, don’t you think?"

"Pinkie Pie," Madame Le Flour called to me, “Quit talking to yourself and let's go. You are lingering for far too long."


“An jus where have youse two been?" Rocky reprimanded me as Madame le Flour and I dropped into Twilight's basement. "We been here the whole time waitin on yas!”

“Oh hush, Rocky; you’ve been complaining ever since we arrived here, these things take patience you know: isn’t that right, Pinkie?”

“Oh, yes Sir Lintsalot, in fact I—”

“Pinkie dear, your Madame was preparing to speak, eet’s rude to interrupt someflour when zey are speaking, wouldn’t you agree?”

“Oh, I’m sorry, Madame.”

"Eet's all right." She brushed my mane with her corners, trying to calm me down, but my heart only ached for Twilight more. How much longer? How much longer til I can be with her? I shuddered a little as I felt burlap rub against my skin. "There is still much to do. Rocky, ees everyzing ready?"

"Yeah, yeah, bag lady. I got the stuff." Rocky pulled out a bucket of caramel, pushing it towards me with a gratified smile. "Wasn't easy to get this, ya know."

"Yeah, I bet," I laughed weakly, picking it up with my mouth, but internally I was questioning how exactly a rock was able to procure a bucket of caramel. Have I really fallen this far off the deep end? Am I even holding a bucket?

"Come, Pinkie Pie. Your forbidden fruit ees vaiting for you!" Madame le Flour gestured to me as she hopped back into the air vents. I followed after her, hauling the bucket with my teeth as Mr. Turnip, Sir Lintsalot and Rocky whispered between themselves. I couldn't make out what they were saying, and it scared me.

I was able to spot her through the cracks of one of the gratings again. She was walking in circles now, whispering madly to herself. I could hear her whispering my name under her breaths. How I longed to be down there with her, burying my face in her candy-coated fur, but no. I was told by the others that this was how it was supposed to be. This was the only way I knew of to ascertain my one true desire: for Twilight to want me. Maybe then I wouldn't have to fear rejection.

"Vat are you doing!?" Madame le Flour yelled at me, snapping me from my stupor.

"I- I was just-"

"Don't delude yourself vith excuses. You vant that mare, right? Zen zis ees the way. You must make her want you. Do you understand?!"

"I... I understand." I lowered my head, pulling myself away from my heart's desire and returning to the plan. This is the only way. I kept telling myself this, over and over again, trying to find a fragment of truth in those words.

We placed the bucket in the kitchen. It's the one place she hasn't been to, and the Twilight I know was never good at fighting an empty stomach. She must be starving and exhausted. She trotted slowly into the kitchen, her little whines, groans and moans like sugar to my ears. How I wanted to soothe those pains. How I wanted to taste those pains. "Twi-"

"Shutup!" Madame le Flour yelled at me. "You cannot 'ave your forbidden fruit yet."

I nodded and turned back to Twilight, watching with hunger as she gingerly pried off each of her cabinet doors, fidgeting each time as she suspected a trap to be released on her. A little smile stretched across her face after she had nearly demolished her kitchen, levitating a nearby can of daisies close to herself. I love that smile. If only she would smile at me, one way or another. She muttered to herself some more as she reached out to her fridge, probably looking for some condiments. I pulled the string on my trap, and my precious Twilight was showered in a golden fall of caramel.

The smile on her face disappeared instantly. "THIS IS GETTING OLD, PINKIE!"

She said my name again! That must mean she wants me! I was so happy when she said my name like that a few tears fell from my face. How much longer? Just how much longer? I watched Twilight fuss with the sticky mess, flailing her legs around madly before the sticky caramel snapped her back together, face in the floor and plot wiggling in the air. She's just so adorable!


I followed Madame le Flour back into the basement. Mr. Turnip, Sir Lintsalot and Rocky were still enveloped in their quiet whispering, becoming even quieter as I trotted up close. Madame le Flour took her place among the four, and it was back to planning. Planning how we would brush Twilight in just the right way; how we would get her to call out my name. Of course, I'm never allowed to touch her, and I wanted to touch her. I wanted to touch her so much, so I dared to open my mouth, to beg them that I could now be with her. "Uh, guys, do you think that-"

"That what?!" Rocky interrupted me. "That you can have your precious Twilight now?"

"Yes. She has to want me by now, right? She's been screaming my name all night."

"But what if isn't enough!" Mr.Turnip advanced on me, making me feel small. "She might never return your feelings, you know, and then what? This just might be the best thing you get!"

"No," I cried back, "Twilight will return them! She... she..."

"She might not even like mares." Sir Lintsalot scoffed. "You havn't even told anypony you swing that way. No, you're too embarrassed. You're pathetic."

I began to cry on the floor. Why am I so mean to myself? I sniff, turning to Madame le Flour, the grand matriarch of this gang of my fragmented psyche. "Please, please let me see her."

"No." She slapped me. She slapped me so hard and I fell back on the ground. My mind registered that she slapped me. It registered the searing pain across my cheek and across my mind. The world was collapsing around me as I stared back at the four of them, once again gathering together in some hush-hush game. A game that my sanity was bound to as long as I gave them free reign.

“Now as I vas saying before I was rudely interrupted—”

“No...”

“Pinkie Pie, vat did we just talk abou—”

“No more of this, I’m not taking orders from you any longer. I want to be with Twilight!.”

“Pinkie darling, please think about what you’re saying, you need us to win Twilight over. don’t you?”

“No! I’m sick of sneaking around, I’m sick of not being able to see her, and I’m sick of taking orders from you!”

“Pinkie, if ya know what’s good for youse, then you’ll—Auuugh!” I turned around, with my hindegs raised as I bucked Rocky into pieces. I trotted up to his broken body and found his head, as I stared down at his horrified expression that had forever burned itself into my memory. Without any further hesitation, I raised a hoof and brought it down as hard as I could, chipping off a fragment of the rock. I squealed in delight as I stomped on the fallen pieces of his body, indulging myself on Rocky’s agonized screams until he was reduced to nothing but a pile of mere pebbles and dirt splayed out across the floor in a dusty mess.

“Guess you were just a big, dumb, dirt clod then, weren’t you?” I looked over and drank in the appalled faces of the others as they screamed helplessly—knowing that they were next—and if I might say myself, Rocky was the lucky one—having died first and all.

“P-P-Pinkie Pie, darling, w-what are you doing?”

I felt my lips curl into a smile so wide that I was certain Sir Lintslot could see all my teeth as I inched closer and closer to him. “So glad you asked, Sir Lintsalot.” I grabbed a lit candle off of the table and inched the flame closer to Sir Lintsalot, allowing it to touch him momentarily before quickly moving it away.

"Oh, please, Pinkie! We only had your best interests at heart!" he cried, and even begged for mercy as I held the candle a little closer each time.

"Funny, I have my best interests at heart too." I repeated this process a few more times, feasting on his magnificent screams, but I eventually grew tired of the charade, thrusting the candle into him once and for all, igniting him and spurning another chorus of anguished shrieks.

I casted my Gaze upon Mr. Turnip, his pathetic and sniveling screams growing ever louder as I approached with Sir Lintsalot still burning away on the candle. "Please don’t do this Pinkie, I... I’m sorry, it was all Madame le Flour’s idea, the rest of us just went along with it. Please, show some mercy." He was so pathetic. I guess he always was the weakest of the four, never an original thought in his turnip-shaped head.

I could feel his heart-beat growing rapid as I hoisted his head into the air, swinging him back and forth like he was nothing. "I won't let you get in the way of me and Twilight anymore." I inched him closer and closer to my face.

"Please, Pinkie!"

I bit down on Mr. Turnip with a very audible "CHOMP!" I have to admit, I never knew turnips could be so good. Of course, Mr. Turnip just screamed in pain as I gratified myself with another mouthful of his flesh. "Mmmmh... juicy."

"Bitch!" he yelled back at me. "You're nothing! Nothing! Just a crazy bitch that's going to lose her head for what? Some loser librarian!"

"Don't you dare insult her," I snapped back darkly, staring Mr. Turnip right in the eye, or at least where I think his eyes were. "You don't know her!" I yelled back, spitting bits of his half-chewed flesh back at him.

Mr. Turnip laughed back at me, even with half of his face bitten off he managed to mock me, his life in my hooves. I hated it. "But I know everything about her, Pinkie Pie! I know everything about her and I know everything about you."

Tough talk for a bucket of turnips. "Shut up." I slowly drove my teeth into Mr. Turnip again, enjoying every second of his pitiful screaming. His wails alternated between hysteric laughter and screams of pain as I dropped him back in his rusty little bucket. I turned back to Sir Lintsalot, still burning on the candle, picked him up, and dropped him in Mr Turnip’s bucket it only took a moment for him to catch fire. I was in control again, and it felt absolutely euphoric.

I turned to face Madame le Flour now, even in the face of her impending doom, she was as stout faced as ever. “Any last words, Madame?”

“Hehehe.”

I felt the smug grin I was wearing when I dealt with the other three slide right off my face into a frown. She’s... laughing... “What’s so funny, Madame, aren’t you afraid?”

“Oh, Pinkie, hehehe, what is zere to fear? I’m not even real! You’ve allowed yourself to be pushed around by ze figments of your own imagination! By your own fears! Don’t you zee? I’m laughing at you! Ahahahaha! AHAHAHAHA!”

I clenched my teeth so hard that I felt a piece of a tooth chip off. I hate being laughed at. “Stop laughing at me!” I cried out as I struck the sack of flour to the ground.

“KYAHAHAHA!”

“I said stop it!” I drove a hoof straight through Madame’s body hoping that would stop the laughter.

“GYAHAHAHAHA! YOU’LL HAVE TO DO BETTER ZAN ZAT, MON CHERI!”

“Shut up shut up shut up SHUT UP!” I reared up on both my hind legs and rained my hooves straight through her, releasing a cloud of flour into the air, and I didn’t stop pounding on her until the entire floor within four feet of me was covered in its and pieces of flour and burlap. “Not laughing anymore are you? Who’s laughing now, huh?”

“KYHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

The laughter was all around me now, emanating from every direction “W-what? How is that possible, I just killed you!”

“You haven’t killed me! You’ve merely spread me further! I can’t die Pinkie, I’m in your head!“

“We’ll see about that Madame...” I turned my attention to Mr. Turnip, who had caught ablaze quite nicely at this point, and I decided on a way to end Madame le Flour once and for all. I trotted over to the bucked and seized the handle with my fore-hooves before turning back to face the spectral form of Madame le Flour for what I suspected would be the last time. “Madame, don’t bother coming into work tomorrow, or ever again for that matter...”

“Vat are you talking about? You stupid filly I—”

“Because you’re fired!” I thrusted the bucket of burning turnips upon the remains of Madame le Flour, and watched as she slowly ignited, burlap first, then the flour itself. It’s funny how quickly laughter can become an ear splitting shriek, especially when you’re the only one who can hear it to begin with.

I had defeated them, and there in the basement I stood victorious, covered in flour and dirt, with a small fire spreading slowly behind me. I was filled with a sense of pride in my accomplishment. I had done it. I had freed myself from their control, and I was finally free to pursue my beloved Twilight unhindered, on my terms. I could feel myself fill with a new-found energy, filling me up to the point that I thought my mane would blow up and pop! I just wanted Twilight. Even with all the doubt that still lurked in my heart, all I could think about was Twilight. Twilight, just wait a little longer. I'm coming to see you. I want to be with you! Twilight!

Without bothering to look back at the remains of the Madame or her lackeys, I slunk back into the vents and crawled about until I found Twilight in her room. The pink balloons along the floor, the popped doll of my likeness, and Twilight’s cake-covered backside told me that another one of my brilliant pranks had gone off without a hitch. “PINKIE PIE! I have had it with all of this! I’m covered in cake, frosting, and chocolate syrup, and I can’t even take a bath because you’ve wrecked my plumbing! How am I supposed to get clean? HOW!?”

I don’t know what came over me, but I wasn’t afraid to tell Twilight what was on my mind, so I let loose with both barrels,“I could lick you clean, hehehe.” I watched as Twilight jumped backwards and began shuddering in corner, grinding her teeth, and searching around with her adorably bloodshot eyes. She looks like she could use some cheering up... I’ve got it! “Hey Twilight, guess what? I wrote you a song! Wanna hear it?"

"What are you going on about, Pinkie!"

"The itsy bisty Pinkie Pie is crawling all about—”

“No! Just leave me alone, Pinkie! Why are you doing this?”

“It’s like music to my ears when I hear you scream and shout—”

“Please... please just stop it, I thought we were friends...”

“From the merging of our hearts we’ll share each other’s pain—“

“I’m... I’m sorry, Pinkie... I don’t know what I did, but I’m sorry...”

“Then we’ll sew our fates together with hairs from our mane.” I watched Twilight as she began crying, clearly moved by my song. It made me so happy to see her.

Soon we’ll be together forever, my sweet. Hehehe.

Chapter 3 End

Flip to side B