• Published 29th Jan 2013
  • 1,358 Views, 14 Comments

Spiritual Renewal - SadisticFluttershy



A unknown evil take's place in one of our own Twilight sparkle's place, and plans to take over all of Equestria.

  • ...
8
 14
 1,358

Chapter 3

****Twilight's Library the next morning****
As the morning arrived, Shining Armour was the first one to awaken. He stretched his hind legs, and headed upstairs to wake Twilight, who was still sound asleep in her bed.
"Wake up Twilight, it's morning" Shining Armor said shaking his sister, quickly noticing that she wasn't waking, he began to panic. "Twilight?", He shook her even more violently, "Twilight!! Wake up!!". The stallions eyes quickly filled with tears as he couldn't wake her from her slumber. Each attempt, there was still no response, Shining Armor looked to see if she was breathing but as he found that she wasn't.
"Help!!!" Shining shouted "I need help!!"
"What's wrong dear?" Cadence asked yawning,
"It's Twilight!" He responded, tears pouring down his cheeks, "I can't hear her breathing"
"Oh my, we need to get Twilight to the hospital, and fast!" said Fluttershy, quickly, every-pony took Twilight to the hospital together. Running through the doors of the hospital screaming for help, the nurse ponies responded with due haste as the doctors rolled her into the ER. All the ponies could do was sit and watch their friend being plugged into a machine, which provided her with air and food.
"C'mon y'all this is gettin' mighty serious" AppleJack complained,
"I agree" Rainbow responded, "I mean come one, first her physical changes, now this?!"
"I hope she's going to be okay" Fluttershy blubbered, "She looked awful when she went in there",
"I hope so too Fluttershy, but all we can do is just wait and pray for Twilight"

****Ponyville Hospital 2 hours later****
Two hours had passed and still no word on Twilight's status, the group began restless, however a nurse pony came out of the ER with coming news, breaking the tension.
"Please, I hope you 'ave some mighty good news there" Applejack said anxiously,
"Well, I don't know how I can put this" The nurse-pony said looking down at her hooves, "Would you like the good news or the bad news?"
"Oh not this game again" Rainbow complained,
"Ooo, I love guessing games!" Pinkie roared, "Is it: Potatoes?" "No..Waffles?" "Ooo I know! 73?!"
"Pinkie, shh" Rarity blurted, "Please tell us the good news first",
"Well the good news is, your friend is alive" The nurse spoke, every-pony sighed in relief, "You got here just in time, any longer and she would've died."
"And the bad news?" Fluttershy whimpered,
"Yes, yes, the bad news." The nurse continued, "Your friend is in a coma"
All of the ponies simultaneously gasped at the news,
"Twilight is in a coma?" Applejack pondered, "But how!?",
"We aren't entirely sure" the nurse replied, "But all we can say for now is that she is alive and well"
"Th-Thank you nurse" Rarity responded, "Your words are like crystal"
"I'm so sorry, I wish there was something else we could do but sadly we can't"
The nurse left the group alone in the waiting room. All of Twilight's friends could do nothing but cry their hearts out. When the group finally calmed down, they all asked if they could see Twilight. The nurse nodded and directed them to a private room number 117.
"That mighty kind of you nurse" Applejack said. Together, they all entered the room to see Twilight on the bed with her chest slowly rising and dropping, surrounding the bed Applejack was the first one to speak.
"Oh Twilight, what has happened to ya?" She said wiping a tear from her eye, "First the physical changes, and now this?"
"If only there was something we could do to help Twi" Rainbow responded,
"I'm sure we did the best we could for her" Fluttershy said holding AJ in a hug "At least she is alive, that's what matters"
"You're right Fluttershy, and Thanks" Applejack said wiping the tears from her eyes.
"What can we do Princess?" Rarity asked
"Not sure Rarity, I don't have any spells that can help awake Twilight from a coma" Cadence responded "I never knew ponies could get into comas"
"Well there has to be something we can do!" Rainbow Dash added.
"All we can do now Rainbow, is hope that Twilight awakens from this Coma" Applejack replied.
The nurse came into the room and told the group that visiting hours were over.
They all went back into the waiting room.
"Even if the nurse told us to come back into the waiting room, I'm not leaving her side until she wakes up" Applejack said in a meaningful voice.
"Me too" Fluttershy said agreeing with Applejack
"Same here" Rarity added
"All of us" Cadence said with a smile
The ponies nodded and together, they all fell asleep until morning.

**The Next Morning**
As morning came, Shining Armor woke suddenly, he pushed open the door to Twilights ward. She lay there still, unaware of her surroundings, Shining Armor walked up to her bedside and kissed her on the head,
"Twilight, I don't know if you can hear me but, I Love you and I hope that you get out of the coma soon" Shining Armor as tears began to stream down his cheeks, he sat down beside her and never left his sisters side. An hour passed and Cadence walked in to check up on the two siblings, looking up at Shining's tears,
"She's going be fine Shining Armor" Cadence said hugging Shining softly, "She will come out of this, I promise she will", returning the hug Shining replied,
"I do hope so too"
"Come on Shiny, Twilight needs her rest" Cadence said.
They both left the room for the young mare to rest rejoining the others in the waiting room,
"How's Twilight doing?" Applejack asked,
"Well, she's still in a coma" Shining huffed, "But I do hope she gets out of it soon because I can't bare it if something bad happens to her"
"As if there any-pony that can fix this kind of situation it is Zecora" Applejack informed.
"Well, let's go get her then!" Rainbow Dash shouted.
The group agreed.

****2 hours later****
"What is it you need from me?" Zecora asked, Applejack let out a sigh
"Zecora, Twilight is in horrible condition" She explained, "Her horn changed shape, her mane is a different colour and her eyes are darker than usual"
"Also, she made my hoof bleed when I touched her horn!" Pinkie Pie added,
"I am quite aware of the situation" Zecora replied,
"You are?" Applejack asked,
"Of course Applejack, I see what I see, She came to my hut just a little less then week ago" Zecora explained,
"Well to add above that Zecora, she's in a coma", Zecora looked up from her brew with a crude look on her face,
"Oh? What has happened?" Zecora questioned,
"We don't know, that's what we are trying to figure out" Applejack responded silently, "We were wondering if you had anything that can help us"
"Ah yes, a brew I can mix for her to drink and in forty-eight hours she will wake"
"Thank you Zecora, and hurry, we need to give her it as soon as possible" Applejack replied.

****1 hour later****
"Here you go, make her drink this brew" AppleJack reached for the bottle, "But beware that this will merely awaken her not cure" Zecora warned,
"Yes of course, thank you Zecora" AppleJack took the bottle from the Zebra and the group headed back through the murky forest to help their friend in need. Arriving at the Hospital, they noticed Shining Armour and Cadence at Twilights bedside,
"Good news, Zecora was able to concoct a remedy which will awaken Twilight!" Applejack explained
"Thank goodness!" Shining replied with a look of joy on his face,
"But she won't awaken for two days" Rainbow added, Shining and Cadence looked at each other and nodded, smiling,
"That is fine, we shall let her rest knowing full well that she will awaken" Cadence finished, the friends held down each of Twilights limbs, while Shining administered the remedy. He gently opened the mares mouth and poured the liquid down her gullet. Every-pony left the sleeping Twilight to rest.

'The room began to disintegrate, focusing on the comatose mares head as all faded to black'

Twilight lifted her head from between her front legs,
"Huh?" she said, unaltered, "Where am I?"
"You are in the depths of your mind" an eerie voice from the shadows replied, "My domain now"
"W-Who's there..?"
"Hahahahaaaaa, It's been quite some time hasn't it Twilight Sparkle?" the voice asked,
"Who are you? and Where am I?!" Twilight replied shouting at the voice,
"You are in your mind, or maybe I should call it MY mind!",
"Your mind?, This is my mind! No one touches it BUT ME!" the mare stamped her feet.
'The sudden shock in her neural pattern made Twilight's physical form shake slightly'
"Oh?" the mysterious noise came again, "But I am on the verge of taking over your entire body as we speak, you are in what they call a coma"
"A...C...Coma?" Twilight stammered,
"Yes, you and your hunger to learn drew me here" the shadow continued, "I climbed inside your subconscious once you exhausted that pitiful excuse for a body. Slowly altering your very DNA; your horn curvature, the change of colour in your mane, even the dilation of your eyes were my doing",
"But why?!"
"Oh, you and your precious princess may have thought you destroyed me in the crystal empire, but part of me survived. You my dear Twilight awakened it". Twilight began to ponder the meaning behind what he was saying,
"Destroyed in the crystal empire..." Twilight thought to herself, then it hit her like a ton of bricks, "King Sombra!",
"You are correct Twilight Sparkle" the King replied, he stepped out of the shadows, more healthy than ever, and began to encircle the weakening mare,
"I will not let you get away with this" Twilight said, dragging herself towards the prowling king, before collapsing.

****Ponyville Hospital the next morning****
Morning surely arrived, all were resting but AppleJack was missing. She snuck into Twilight's room, without waking a soul, to check upon on her friend, finding the mare stirring in her sleep, sweating a lot. She trotted over towards her friends bedside, and patted her forehead with a cloth,
"It's okay sugar, all those dreams you are having, I'm sure they aren't bad" Applejack said putting her hoof on Twilight's shoulder.

'The room Darkened'
"Taking over all of Equestria?" Twilight huffed, "That's not going to happen!", she fired a bolt of purple fire which dissipated before even reaching King Sombra,
"Hahaha" The king cackled, "You really think you can defeat me inside my own domain?!".

'Reality took place again'
AppleJack had stayed by Twilight's bedside for the past hour, noticing that her friend was moving violently in her sleep, she called to her,
"Twi'? What's wrong?", she realized that Twilight couldn't hear her. The mare knew something was wrong and ran out into the waiting room to get help from her friends,

'The room Darkened'
"Is that the best you got?" King Sombra said, unharmed. Completely shattered Twilight conjured every last might in her being and sent a beam of energy in the kings direction. The king countered and sent force lightning which caused Twilight major damage, the repercussions being felt outside of her mind.

'Reality took place'
All of Twilight's friends and relatives were sitting in the waiting room, when suddenly AppleJack rushes in,
"What's the hurry AppleJack?" Cadence questioned,
"Twil...Twilight...Something wrong" AppleJack panted,
"What's wrong with Twilight?" Shining Armor asked,
"I'm not entirely sure, she just seems to be sweating at an uncontrollable level" Applejack replied, the group looked at each other and followed AppleJack back to Twilight's room to find the mare in a fit, Shining Armor moved over to Twilight's side and put a hoof on her shoulder, not even on the outside could she feel any physical touch,
"Some-pony call a nurse in here!" He yelled, a nurse rushed in, and upon seeing Twilight in her current condition she froze,
"Ok, every-pony out, doctor she's going into shock!" the nurse ordered, time passed and every-pony began to worry.

'Later'
"She's going into cardiac arrest!" one of the nurses shouted, the doctor picked up the defibrillator,
"Set it to 100 cc's" he said, the nurse set the charge, "Alright, clear!", he pressed the steel plated electrodes against Twilights chest and the mares body was shocked,
"Ok now set it to 200 cc's" the nurse nodded and adjusted the charge, "Alight clear!" again the electrodes came into contact with the mares chest, bringing back her vital signs. All of Twilight's friends looked on in shock and relief to see their friend was safe.
"Oh, I do hope Zecora's potion works" Fluttershy said anxiously,
"As do I Fluttershy" AppleJack responded, "We just got to sit here and wait",
"Come on guys, We need to head into the waiting room" Cadence said. The group agreed and left the ward back out to the waiting room.
Forty-Six hours had passed since they have given Twilight the potion.
The group entered to visit Twilight once more before they were to head home because the hospital staff were worried about their individual health, they would call if anything arose.
"Twilight, I know you are in horrible condition" Shining began,
"But we were told that you will be taken care of by the doctors here and that we can go home" Cadence continued, "But I'll be with your brother at sweet apple acres",
"Also, they said that they will call us if anything happens to you" Shining Armor added,
"I hope you will be okay" Fluttershy included,
"Same here sugar" Applejack added,
"Same here as well" Rarity said,
"Even me" Pinkie Pie added,
"We all love you Twilight" Shining finished, "It isn't long until you are out of this coma, but even after that you will still need to be in the hospital for another twenty-four hours so that they can check on you". They all gave Twilight a soft hug goodbye, and they all left the room.

**2 Hours later**
The doctors entered Twilight's room to check up on her, finding that she was slowly coming to. They left the room and when the door clicked shut, Twilight's eyes sharply opened with a menacing glare while a grin protruded over her face.