• Published 2nd Jan 2013
  • 472 Views, 31 Comments

Prince of Games - Blitz Gamer



When worlds collide, who is there to fix things? When a video game world puts equestria in danger, who saves the day? I do.

  • ...
11
 31
 472

Chapter 1: Welcome to the order

Stratagem's words bought me back from my thoughts.

"I was wondering when that would show up"

I was confused. "What do you mean?"

"Your cutiemark. I was wondering when it would materialize."

"How do you know about cutiemarks?"

The dragon made a sound that could only be described as a chuckle.

"My dear unicorn, we left a scroll for you, 50 years before you were born, in a place we knew you would find it, and you are surprised that we know basic facts about your race?"

I could see his point.

"Come, it is time you began your training."
With a flick of his tail, he turned and exited the room, while I followed close behind.

"Before I tell you anything else, you must understand how the different dimensions work. There are two different kinds of dimensions. The first kind are the ones that come about from choice. You see, every time a choice is made, it creates a new dimension for each possible outcome. The second kind are the ones you will be dealing with. They are known as media dimensions. This is going to be complicated, so I will try to keep it simple. When an author writes a story, they are really bringing an entire universe into creation. This universe then continues on, following its own path. If the author that created the story adds to it, say by adding a sequel, what they write is not there own idea, but what has happened in the universe they brought about. However, stories in books are not the only forms of media that exist. There are also things like movies, comics, TV shows, and what you will be dealing with, video games. Video games are playable stories, where an outside influence is in control. While the story in a book will never change, no matter how many times you read it, the story of a video game does every time it is played. The changes may be small things, such as what clothing the characters wear, or they can be so great that they lead to a completely different series of events. The greater a video game's story is capable of changing, the more likely it is that that game's universe will leach into other universes. When this happens, the results can be catastrophic. That is where we come in. The gamelords are an order of beings dedicated to protecting worlds from the influence of video game incursions. When something from a gaming realm leeches into a realm that does not belong to a video game, it is the duty of that realm's gamelord to find and remove whatever it is that leeched in. Now then, let's get you settled in, shall we?"

While Stratagem had been telling me all of this, we had reached a large oak-wood door, covered with plus-shaped engravings.

"Excuse me, Master Stratagem?"

"There is no need to call me master little one, simply my name or Teacher will do. Now, what is it that you need?"

"It's just that, I keep seeing those plus marks everywhere, and I want to know, what exactly ARE they?"

"Ah yes, the plus mark. It represents a D-Pad, something you will learn about later. It is the symbol of the gamelords, and video games in general. Now, let's introduce you to to your fellow gamelords, shall we?"

With that, he reared up on his hind legs, and opened the great door in front of us. What lay beyond it was a large auditorium, filled to the brim with creatures of all shapes and sizes, some I recognized, some I did not. The only thing they all had in common was the D-Pad symbol that appeared on their bodies. It was obvious that they were here to see me, because as I entered the room, they all fell silent. Stratagem's voice broke the silence.

"My fellow lords of game, please join me in welcoming our newest member, hailing from the land of Equestria, the unicorn Blitz Gamer!!"

The room broke into cheers. I had no idea what to think. Being an orphan, and a blank flank, I had never felt as though I belonged. Now there was an entire room cheering for me, welcoming me into their ranks. I finally felt accepted, and it was the greatest feeling I had ever experienced.

Once the fanfare died down, some of my new colleagues came up on stage to introduce themselves. The first was Tank (no relation to Rainbow's pet tortoise), a large bipedal armadillo wielding a long spear and a rectangular shield that was taller than he was. There was also Brute, a gorilla with a wickedly sharp double headed battle axe, Archie, a bow-wielding anthromorphic falcon, and Sly, a fox with twin daggers. Finally, when all the festivities where over, Stratagem led me to my room. It was pretty spartan, with nothing but a bed, bookcase, closet, and a desk.

"Once you've settled in a bit more, you can visit the quartermaster for things to furnish your room with. Rest up young one, tomorrow is going to be a busy day."

"Stratagem?"

"Yes little one?"

"I left a friend behind, and I was wondering, will I be able to see her again?"

"I'm afraid not. At least, not for a few years."

"Years?!"

"That is how long your training will take. Now, off to bed."

"But, I need to know how she's taking my disappearance!"

"I'm sorry little one, but there is no way for us to contact her. Now then, you must sleep."
I sighed, defeated. "Yes Teacher"
I into bed, hoping that Twilight would be okay, and wondering just what tomorrow had in store.

Author's Note:

I had a LOT of trouble deciding on the wording of this chapter, so please be understanding