• Published 31st Dec 2012
  • 1,351 Views, 33 Comments

A New Field - Battlefield3vet



Grayson, a soldier with training from special op units including the U.S. Navy SEALs is sent to Equestria due to a freak accident while hunting his father's murderer. He soon finds this land is more than just smiles and sunshine.

  • ...
4
 33
 1,351

Prolouge: Old enemies

I can't let him get away again, he needs to pay for what he's done. I think to myself as I sneak through the facility. My Black special operations uniform kept me hidden in dark corners. I also had prototype stealth optical camouflage as well. If need be, I just push a button and the camouflage activates allowing light to pass right through me, giving the illusion of vacancy in a room that is actually populated by me. I was also carrying my M1911 handgun, suppressed of course. This nickel-plated handgun was a gift from my father, I won't tell about my family right now. Just know that it isn't a happy subject for me. On my back was my ACR assault rifle, chambered in the Remington 6.8 special purpose cartridge. My rifle was equipped with a suppressor and EOTech Holographic sight. I can use ironsights just fine, but an optical attachment was always better.

"He must be close, I'll take him down and destroy his prototype EMP too"
Nikola Brevinski, a mercenary leader who specialized in stealing prototype weapons, was my main target. Not for what he planned to do with the weapons, but for... personal reasons. My past in general wasn't a particularly pleasant subject either, but sadly, Brevinski was a big part of it.

"That weapons hangar is just around here, I can feel it" I arrived at a door labeled, "Оружие ангар". "This is it..."I thought to myself. I tried the door the normal, civilian way, but of course, it was locked. Looking around the general vicinity to make sure no one was around, I proceeded to kick the door down. Any door was no match for me, a 6' 2" 200 pound man. Sights up, I walked into the room. I pointed my rifle at the corners of the room first. "All clear?" Apart from a few patrols outside, which I had no problem carefully taking out, the base was deserted. I walked to the center of the room where there was a table with weapons next to a box of ammunition. On the table there were rifles, AKs mainly, along with a few SMGs. Something caught my eye at the edge of the table. There were two weapons that I had been looking into acquiring for a little while now. On the table was a Kel-Tec KSG shotgun and a Five-seveN handgun. I slung the shotgun over my back and put the Five-seveN in a holster around my waist. I moved to the ammo box and grabbed a fair amount of ammo for each. wasting no further amount of time I went to the console and saw the countdown, I had two minutes before the weapon fired and the entire United States power grid went down and my country slipped into anarchy.

I was about to enter the override codes when I heard the unmistakable sound of a hammer being cocked, and felt the unmistakable cold of a gun barrel at the back of my head.

"Grayson Davidson." said a cold Russian voice.

With my hands at my head and my weapons dangling by their slings, I slowly turned to face...

"Brevinski" I muttered in reply. He was standing there with a few of his mercenary troops that had their AN-94s focused between my eyes.

"I had the courtesy to address you by your proper name. Why didn't you have the manners to do the same?" asked the cold-blooded Russian

"What manners and courtesy do you think you deserve?" I replied. I was staring down the barrel of his MP443 handgun, I could see the faint shimmer of the 9mm projectile eager to make acquaintance with the contents of my head.

"Have you not heard of respect for your fellow man?"

"I never had any respect for you."

"Really, what about when I was helping your father to create this weapon?"

At this I just scowled at him. I was tempted to say that he had no right to even mention my father, but sometimes the best response was silence.

He let out a small chuckle with a grin on his face and said, " This weapon will erase your oppressive government and lay the foundation for a new nation founded on better ideals."

"Notice how few communist nations are left in the world." I said, a smug look on my face.

"Notice how much better they are doing than yours." he said, turning the smug look on my face back to its usual scowl.

"Are you sure the device will work?"

"Yes, I made sure my scientists carried the 1."

All three of the mercenaries he had with him snickered at his bad joke. He turned to silence them and I made my move.

In one motion I drew the Five-seveN and grabbed Brevinski in a choke hold and shoved the gun barrel against his temple.

Now, in control of the situation I dragged him to where I could see both the mercenaries and the console next to the EMP.

"Disable the weapon or this bastard gets it!" I demanded.

One of the mercenaries walked to the console after setting down his rifle and began to enter something into the console.

"Don't accidently set off the device." Brevinski pleaded.

"Did I say you could talk?" I growled.

A minute later, the merc fiddling with the console began swearing in Russian as the ground began to shake and the weapon began to glow.

"That jackass set it off didn't he?" I shouted.

"Yes, I win even when you think you have the advantage. So unlucky you are. Must've come with your genes." mocked Brevinski.

This was my breaking point. I kicked his knee and it gave a satisfying "SNAP" as he fell to ground I took three shots with the Five-seveN, putting a 5.7x28mm sized hole through the head of each merc. Then I turned back to Brevinski.

"You may have won, but you won't live to see the results."

I drew my M1911 pistol and detached the suppressor, "This is for my father, and every other life you've managed to fuck up over the years."

I placed the white dot of my handgun's sight over Brevinski's face and pulled the trigger as the EMP went off and engulfed the facility in a white light.

I heard the sound of my handgun fire as well as the sound of a .45 ACP passing through Brevinski's head. Then it all faded. "That must have been more than an EMP" I thought to myself.

I awoke in a forest. Which was odd because the facility was far from any heavily vegetated area. "Where am I" I thought to myself.

Thankfully I still had my equipment, even my KSG and Five-seveN. I heard voices speaking in Russian and then a stacatto explosion, followed very feminine scream,"Pistol shot." I whispered to myself. I ran to the source of the sounds. I blinked and pinched myself trying to wake from what must have been a dream. I say this because I saw a squad of 4 mercs, standing around a lavender colored, unicorn? It was lying on it's side with a gunshot wound in one of the hind legs just under a mark that looked like a cluster of stars. I pinched myself once more, asked myself, "What the hell?" and moved into position. That thing was in danger and needed my help,"No innocent pe... beings will die if there is something I can do about it."