• Published 24th Dec 2012
  • 2,561 Views, 31 Comments

A God's Masquerade - Minotaur



Every god is put through a test before they can claim their spot. Some tests, however, are more difficult than others. One even involves becoming an alicorn to catch a renegade god.

  • ...
2
 31
 2,561

2) Round Two (and maybe even three?)

Chauild ceased his vain effort at levitating the saddlebag. Instead, he felt determined to find the wolves he had scared off before and apologize to them. He would've used magic to find them, but seeing as how he couldn't even lift up a saddlebag, he didn't try to.

Walking off towards the general direction they had gone, Chauild encountered a patch of blue flowers. Even without using his magic, he could sense a foul aura emanating from them. After all of that time he spent working around magical substances and metals, he became attuned to the aura magic items have. The closer and stronger any particular item was, the easier to detect its aura. It was something of a sixth sense, combining sight and touch. He could feel that getting near those flowers would have consequences, and he walked a wide path around them.

Eventually, after continuing down the path, he began to hear a drumming sound, along with chanting. Chauild zeroed in on its location, eager to meet more of the locals.

A strange tree came into view, different than its peers, with a door and two windows carved out in the front. Hanging above the door was a wooden mask, shaped in the form of the head of some creature Chauild couldn't recognize. Slowly approaching the door, he found that he could understand the language of the chanter, which didn't surprise him. All gods had an innate ability to understand and speak in all dialects that they have ever heard. The chanting, Chauild realized, sang of homesickness and loneliness.

The chanting stopped, and Chauild heard hoofsteps approaching the door. Behind the now opened door stood a creature who looked much like Chauild's new form, except had no horn, wings, and was colored differently. She was gray, black and white, with several different patterns adorning her body.

The creature looked at Chauild, curiosity clearly present in her face. She spoke in a different language than she had been chanting in, but Chauild understood her perfectly.

"You are a stranger to these parts, that I know. Why don't you step into my home?"

Full of glee that this one wasn't running away from him, Chauild accepted her invitation and walked inside.

The inside of the tree was as peculiar as the outside. Many artifacts lined the walls, each unique and handmade. In the center of the room sat a bubbling cauldron filled to the brim with a green liquid, which Chauild recognized as a potion. Neatly carved from the wall was a shelf, storing many reagents and ingredients for potions, as well as the bottled final products themselves. Chauild was ecstatic that the natives also employed magic, and he wrote a mental note to himself to study the differences later.

"Silent as night you may be, but why have to come to visit me?"

Chauild turned his attention back to the figure standing beside the cauldron, who regarded him with a puzzled look. Her eyes slowly gazed over him, as if trying to decipher the answer from his body language.

Carefully picking out his words, Chauild replied, "I stumbled upon your home in the pursuit of some locals. They ran away after I offended them, and I wish to make amends."

The creature slowly nodded.

"Tell me, how did they appear? Then we can go and the misunderstand we shall clear."

"They were wolves, but with timber bodies. I returned their customary snarl, only to make them flee instead."

The creatures eyes widened in shock.

"If it is the timber wolves of whom you speak... Then you are truly unique. Ponies run from them, as they are their prey. Never before have the timber wolves fled from the fray. Who are you, visitor of mine? May I ask, are you benign?"

Chauild nodded, as things slowly made sense to him. The wolves had not been the locals he was to befriend, but instead were just some of the predators of this world. He knew of predator-prey relationships from his books, and was ashamed he hadn't realized it sooner.

"There is no need to be afraid, I mean no harm. I simply wish to become friends with you."

The creature grinned, showing off its teeth. Unlike the wolves, these teeth were not sharp. That meant that it ate plants rather than animals, Chauild noted.

"Never before has anypony requested to be my friend, you see. If that is what you wish, you are in good company."

Taking that as a sign that he had earned a friend, Chauild smiled. He was already starting to make friends, one of the conditions to passing the test.

"My name is Zecora, new friend. What about at your end?"

Right before he answered, Chauild remembered what Jehovah told him.

Do not tell them who you are or why you're there. Even stating your name could cause undue stress upon the world, for gods' names hold power.

Still, he didn't want to be rude and not reply.

"I... I don't know."

Zecora looked over Chauild once more, before finally realizing he had no cutie mark, either.

"Then, my friend, you are a mystery. Not a cutie mark nor a name, you make no sense to me. You also possess wings and a horn as well; where did you use to dwell?"

Zecora was asking all of the things which Chauild was not allowed to tell her. He began to fret, unsure of how to respond. Picking up on this, Zecora smiled.

"You do not need to respond, nameless one, if it causes you strife. We all have secrets, things we have hidden in our life."

They continued talking, Zecora telling her tale of how she came from Zebrica, and ended up living in the Everfree. She also showed Chauild the various plants and herbs in her home, all of which had some magical or medicinal value. His thirst for knowledge getting the better of him, Chauild memorized the name, effects, and location of every single plant. Some only grew under logs in the bog, while others on the edge of cliffs.

Now that he finally was on a mortal world, Chauild was determined to study and document as much of the magical flora, fauna, and other related things as much as possible. He knew of very basic spatial manipulation taught to him by his mentor, which would enable him to lengthen the amount of pages a book has without any effect on the size or weight. Sadly, his skill in that area is limited, so at most he'd only be able to double it. True masters at the craft could easily make the book endless.

Remembering the task at hand, Chauild suddenly got up. He said his goodbyes to the zebra, and left. She was slightly disappointed that he was leaving so soon, as Zecora rarely had guests. Still, she led him out with a smile, and warned him to be careful. Even if he had scared off the timber wolves, he still could get himself into trouble.

Chauild graciously accepted her advice and left. He was feeling very satisfied with himself, as he had made a friend and learned more about the world, two of Jehovah's conditions. Now, if he could find the renegade, the test would be as good as over.

Shaking his head, Chauild frowned.

"No, I still need to learn how to use my magic in this body. It's obviously different than how I used to do it. Maybe I should ask one of the locals to teach me?"

He remembered that Zecora had many magical ingredients in her home, and figured that she probably was an adept at magic. Turning around 180 degrees, he ran off towards Zecora's hut again. What he didn't realize is that staying cooped up in his home all the time left him with a poor sense of direction. Rather than going towards Zecora's hut, he was headed straight towards the center of the forest. The tangled mass of trees, vines, and shrubs steadily got thicker. Several times Chauild recognized some of the plants as dangerous and avoided them. He was getting worried, as he hadn't encountered the same plants when he left. It slowly dawned on him that he went the wrong way, and Chauild cursed himself for his carelessness.

He sat down on a patch of moss which he deemed as safe, and decided to take a small rest. Confusion ran rampant in his mind, as gods almost never tired, yet there he was, out of breath. He resolved to investigate all the other minute differences between his old and new forms.

Bringing up his new hooves to his face, he looked at them with a scrutinizing eye. Unlike the horses on Gaia, these hooves widened at the bottom rather than narrowed. They could also bend in a multitude of angles, which suggested hypermobility. Chauild attempted to pick up a twig with his hoof, and to his astonishment, succeeded. The stick gripped to his hoof, and the second he wanted to drop it, it fell off.

Shaking his head in confusion, Chauild got up from his moss seat, and started off again. He turned back around, however, when he noticed that his back felt lighter. Laying forgotten on the ground was his saddlebag, having slipped off when Chauild sat down.

He ran over to it and opened it with his suction cup-esque hooves, dumping the contents out onto the moss. To Chauild's great delight, everything seemed to be present and in mint condition. While the knife was indeed incredibly sharp, it was magically tuned to only cut when the owner wills it. As such, the amulet and book were safe even if they were in the same bag as it. Chauild wasn't even sure that the knife would be able to cut through them even if he willed it, but he wasn't about to try.

Remembering Zecora's warning about the predators in the forest, he kept the knife out and put away the other two items. Even if he was a god, he could still be harmed in his mortal body. He couldn't be killed, of course, but if his body died then he would obviously fail the test.

Chauild threw the bag over his head, and willed it to land on his back with the aid of some magic. It wasn't as perfect of a landing as he had hoped, but he still managed to steer the bag in the right direction.

Next, he tried to walk off with the knife in one hoof. His gait was awkward and clumsy, so he decided that he needed to find another way to hold the knife. He found that the easiest way to hold it was with his teeth, which was also surprisingly comfortable. Thus he walked off, knife in teeth.

Chauild didn't get very far before he heard several shrieks of terror come from nearby. His primal instincts which urged him to protect others awakened, and manifested themselves in his body. Adrenaline and oxygen rushed throughout his body as he raced towards the source of the shrieks.

He came upon a clearing, and witnessed three small foals get surrounded by the same timber wolves he had encountered earlier. Howls of victory could be heard all around as saliva dripped from their teeth. The foals shook in fear and hugged each other tightly, crying all the while. Chauild remembered what Zecora told him earlier.

...Ponies run from them, as they are their prey...

[cue music]

The wolves were about to kill and eat the fillies. Even if that was indeed how nature worked, Chauild wasn't about to let children die. Anger coursed through his mind, and he stomped down on the ground. A shock wave reverberated outwards, causing the wolves to turn around and finally notice him. They all growled as they remembered who he was: the one who intruded on their territory. They were scared away last time, but now they had reinforcements. Now, they could easily kill him. Or so they thought.

Still gripping the knife in his teeth, Chauild knew he'd have to use it here. In order to defend the foals, he'd have to kill the wolves. The knife almost glowed in response, as ready to fight as its master. Control over his magic was seemingly restored to him, and Chauild swished his horn. A single tendril of magic reached out and wrapped around the knife, before hoisting it into the air. Now, it was time to act.

The first wolf to launch itself at him was met in midair with the sharp end of Chauild's knife. Cutting through its wooden body like butter, the knife went right through it and out the other side. Shocked at the loss of their comrade, the wolves howled. They recognized what a giant threat Chauild was, and circled around him. A perfect chance to escape having presented itself to them, the foals ran while the wolves were preoccupied.

No longer were they willing to attack him one at a time, they had wised up. This time, two jumped at him. The knife shot up, stabbing into the wolf's brain. As quick as a snake, it dislodged itself and flew at the other wolf. That wolf got a more gruesome death, the knife cutting its wooden head clean off.

Lost in the moment, Chauild yelled, "You will not threaten the citizens of Equus under my watch! I am their guardian, their sword and shield! Face me, and die!"

It would have been far more effective of a threat if the wolves understood language. Sadly, all they understood was that the creature killed their brothers and then yelled. Blood boiled on both sides, each wishing for the other's death.

Several more wolves ran at Chauild, who realized he wouldn't be fast enough with the knife to kill them before they got to him. Utilizing his restored control over magic, Chauild concentrated hard on the area around him. He could feel the heat of the fire, smell the smoke, see the flames. Complying with his wishes, fire burst into existence around him. As fire is wood's greatest enemy, the wolves yelped and jumped back, some with scorched noses from getting too close. The closest one was caught on fire, but not before delivering a glancing blow to Chauild's side.

Not allowing any to escape, Chauild fed his emotions to the fire. All of his anger acted as fuel, allowing it to burn stronger. Next, he asked the wind itself for aid. Wind rushed in and spun around the fire, picking it up and nourishing it. The fire spun and spun, forming a whirl of fire. Wolves were sucked into the whirl, burning to a crisp as soon as they touched the vortex. Chauild held out as long as he could, as the tell-tale signs of magic overuse presented themselves in his mind. When he felt as if he could handle it no longer, he released the elements from his bidding. The fire whirl decayed as suddenly as it came into being, if not faster. Charred pieces of timber flew in all directions, released from their waltz with the blazing twister.

No more wolves stood to challenge Chauild, and he collapsed to the ground. His brain pounded, every little sound setting off explosions in his mind. This wasn't the first time this had happened, however, and he knew how to fix it. An old remedy was taught to him when he was much younger and was prone to headaches from the slightest amount of magic use. He attempted to channel his magic into his brain to soothe and repair the damage, but found that he couldn't. A groan escaped from his mouth as he realized that, once again, he had lost most of his control over magic.

Chauild heard something running towards him from the bushes, but he initially didn't want to get up. Ashamed that a mere headache would make him fail the test, he forced himself to stand. His knife lay on the ground a few paces away, unmarred by neither blood nor fire. He picked it up with a hoof, and stashed it between his teeth again.

Suddenly, several figures burst forth from a nearby bush. Chauild prepared himself for another fight with the wolves, only to spot the three fillies he had saved earlier. They were not alone, however, as six adults had come with them. They looked around, taking in the scene. Scorched earth sat smoking in places, the vegetation was completely burned away in others, but miraculously, Chauild had exerted enough control over the flames to keep them from setting the forest ablaze. He sat there, admiring his handiwork, before he turned his attention back to the newcomers. Merely seconds later, he collapsed back onto the ground, still tired from his fight with the wolves.

Against the others' protests, the fillies ran towards Chauild. They gasped as they saw the blood running down his side, and they called out to the others. A creamy yellow colored one ran to his side, her eyes widening as she noticed his wound. She told her friends that they had to take Chauild to the hospital, but he objected.

"There is no need. It was merely a glancing blow, no need for medical attention. The bleeding will stop soon."

Almost as if on cue, the bleeding lessened before finally stopping completely. To the audience's great amazement, the cut then proceeded to close itself. Chauild grinned, as that small act conveyed a whole lot of information to him.

"Nice to see that I retained some of my divine powers in this mortal body."

The small, yellow filly with the giant bow on her head looked at him with giant, curious eyes.

"What are you, mister?"

Yet again, his identity was being questioned. Chauild found himself wondering if Jehovah truly chose the right body for this task, but he quickly stopped. Obviously, Jehovah had his reasons.

"I... I don't know."

He had been relying on that excuse far too often, and it hurt him to say it. Even if it was a small lie, it was a lie nevertheless. Chauild really, really hated lies. The fact that he was forced to do it now threatened to rip his heart apart.

The lavender unicorn stepped forward and looked him over, suspicious. She then gasped as the saw that he had both wings and a horn.

"You're an alicorn... But there's only supposed to be three left in the whole world!"

Stretching out his forgotten wings, Chauild gazed at them in wonder. He slowly poked one with a hoof, and found it to be covered in soft feathers, much like a bird's wing would be. The fur and feathers seemed to meet at the base of his wing, which was strange to him. They appeared to be made of the same material. Chauild made a mental note to closely study the structure of his fur and feathers later.

The ponies all discussed what they should do with him, while the fillies assaulted him with questions. As long as it didn't involve him having to say that he was a god or his name, he was more than happy to answer.

The orange filly with purple hair jumped on his back, wrestling with one of his wings.

"Woah! Your wings are huuge! How'd they get this big?"

"I don't know."

She then let go of his wing, and jumped off his back. Striking a fighting pose, she imitated how Chauild had looked when he confronted the wolves, before slipping and falling over. The white filly with pink and purple hair giggled at her companion before turning back to Chauild. She also tried to imitate the ferocious look he had given the wolves, but horribly failed. More bouts of laughter came from all the fillies, who seemed to be enjoying themselves greatly.

The white one looked up with the same giant eyes and wide smile that the yellow one had given him, and said, "Where'd you learn to fight like that? You totally showed those stupid wolves not to mess with us!"

Chauild regarded them with a look of pure bewilderment, as he hadn't even fought that well. Even if he probably the most skilled his magic of all the gods around his age, many were better warriors than him. Combat magic wasn't his best area, and neither was swordplay. He had some skill with knives, as his mentor had taught him how to properly use the Leviathan-bone blade. However, in his new body, he was limited to wielding the knife with magic. Being a quadruped truly limited the amount of stances one could take.

Nevertheless, Chauild told his captivated audience of how his mentor trained him in the use of a knife, not allowing him to do anything else until he got the skill down. For days at a time, without any breaks, he'd practice. His body had to adapt to the harsh way of training by learning new skills fast.

The fillies cried in delight, while the older ponies were somewhat sickened by the spartan training method. They appeared to have reached a conclusion on what to do with him. One of them, a blue pegasus with rainbow hair, flew up and away. Chauild figured that she went off to get reinforcements or deliver a message, and started preparing himself for more conflict. Even if he didn't want to fight them, he wasn't willing to let them hinder his task. An orange pony pulled away the protesting foals, not allowing them to have any further contact with him in case he proved dangerous. And dangerous he was, but not dangerous to them.

His headache was starting to subside when he started to gather the magic inside himself. He was sucking up the magic from the environment, purifying inside his body, concentrating it, forcing it to become smaller and smaller. When he deemed it good enough, he'd store it away in his mind. Careful not to let the others detect his work, he continued this this for quite some time.

Several minutes later, the blue pegasus returned. She didn't fly back, instead, she teleported onto the scene, along with two others. The taller one had a white coat, with pink, purple, blue, and green striped mane and tail. Chauild detected magic that flowed forth from her mane and tail, giving them an ethereal look, as if the wind was constantly blowing them around. A sun was emblazoned on either of her flanks, but Chauild had no idea what that meant.

That same magic blew the other one's mane and tail as well, but these ones were blue. They were dappled with small, white flecks, reminiscent of the night sky. Her coat was a dark blue, with a patch of black surrounding a crescent moon.

Both of the newcomers wore regal jewelry and shoes, which lead Chauild to believe they were figures of importance on the world, most likely monarchs at that. He realized he had to make a good impression on them, as he would be in charge of this world soon.

Standing up, he was about to give the supposed monarchs a greeting, but they shied away at his sudden movement, covering the others with their wings. They instructed the six smaller ponies to take themselves and the fillies out of the forest, and that they would "take care of this". Complying with the alicorns' wishes, they fled the scene. Now, it was only three alicorns left in the scorched clearing.

Even if he was younger and weaker than most gods, he still felt irritated that they would speak to him in such a way. Just to show them who they're dealing with, he let out some of the stored magic in his body. It was just a tiny amount of his stored energy, but it was enough to make an impression.

The princesses took it as a sign that he wanted to attack them, and took fighting stances. Their horns glowed yellow and blue respectively, as they got ready to defend themselves. Disgusted at the act of insolence the princesses were committing, Chauild snorted.

"Your attitude is unwarranted, and your threats insufferable. Stop before you get harmed."

They taller princess whispered something to her blue companion, but Chauild only heard the word "changeling". The white alicorn then cast a shielding spell, and a yellow barrier was erected around the perimeter. Nothing could enter nor leave while the barrier still stood, and Chauild was sure it would stay standing until he beat the haughty princesses.

Next was the blue princess' turn. She charged up a bolt of magic, but was too slow. Chauild could've detected her charging this spell from a mile away, and he had more than enough time to prepare a proper defense. Dreading that the situation dissolved into a fight, but nevertheless not willing to lose, Chauild was glad he had stored some magic away. Now, it was time to release it.

The blue alicorn finally finished her spell and shot a beam of blue light at Chauild. She cried out in victory, as she was sure that Chauild wouldn't be able to do anything against it. Rather than take the blast head on, he solidified some of the magic around his hoof. After he raised his hoof up, it met the beam and withstood its barrage, sending the beam flying in all directions. The blue light dissipated on contact with the barrier, and the white princess winced.

As the magic dissolved, the princesses regarded Chauild with a look of pure shock. Neither had expected him to block the spell with such ease, and he gave them an arrogant grin.

"Do you see now that I will not fall so easily? End this pointless conflict, and remove the barrier."

Rather than bringing about peace like he hoped, the princesses only became angrier. The blue one gritted her teeth, positively glowering, while the older sister was slightly calmer.

Finally, the white one decided to speak to him.

"Why do you choose to torture us, changeling? That body won't help you blend in, as there are only three alicorns left now. You just stand out like a sore hoof."

"I did not choose this body, as you did not choose your own. Your accusations are unfounded."

His assailants gave each other a confused look, as they could tell he wasn't lying. This time, the blue one spoke up.

"Then, how are you alive? All of the other alicorns are dead. We searched for any survivors for so long... but we found none. Where were you?"

Yet again, Chauild was faced with a question he couldn't answer. He forced himself to lie, knowing that it's all for the sake of passing the test.

"I... I don't know."

He almost cringed at his overuse of those three words. By now, he had used that excuse too many times. Knives of guilt buried themselves in his heart, and the sorrow showed on his face. The princesses saw the sorrow and recognized him for what he was: lost, confused, and without friends. The barrier dissolved as they slowly approached him.

"Are you sure you mean no harm to anypony?"

A tear slid down his cheek as he nodded, before falling into the ground. Much to his surprise, they gave him a hug, wrapping their wings around him. He looked at them in shock, but quickly settled down. It felt nice, and he didn't want the feeling to end.

After some time, they let go of him. Both of the princesses themselves were tearing up, and they smiled. With a blush, the blue princess wiped away her tears, while the white one opted to leave them alone. With a nod and an accepting smile, they beckoned for him to follow them.

"Welcome home."


"Wait, please!"

Right before they left the clearing, Chauild asked for them to stop. He still had lots of magic stored in his body, and it'd be unsafe to leave it like that. It wasn't stored in a very meticulous manner, as it had been done during an emergency. The princesses stopped, and asked him why he wanted to wait, but he didn't answer.

Chauild leaned his head back, took a deep breath, and released the magic stored in his system. It poured forth from his horn like a torrent, returning to the environment from which it had been borrowed. The magic took a myriad of shapes and colors as it flew off, creating a beautiful aurora. With each passing second, Chauild felt better and better. Storing magic like that is not only dangerous, but also uncomfortable.

Around a minute later the flow started to lessen, before coming to an eventual halt. The two princesses were stunned at the sudden display of power, but also impressed.

The white princess, who had introduced herself as Celestia, was the first to speak, albeit while still shaken up.

"Why... How... Did you do that?"

Chauild chuckled, euphoria coursing through him. While combat magic took its toll on his mind, storing and releasing magic was extremely easy. His mentor had drilled it into him over and over again, until it almost became instinctual. It was no more tiring to him than blinking.

"I had some magic left over."

The blue princess, who claimed her name is Luna, shook her head.

"Some? That was some magic to you? I'd hate to see what you consider a lot. By the way, you never told us your name."

"Not again..."

"I don't have a name."

He tried to justify the lie in his mind by the fact that he wasn't technically a god anymore. He had a different body, a body which didn't have a name. Thinking about it like that made him feel better.

Celestia grinned at him, raising his spirits.

"Well then, we'll have to give you one."

"How about... Aurora?" Luna suggested. She was met with a questioning look from Celestia, so she added, "It seems fitting, after that... display."

"Luna, isn't that a bit femini-"

"I like it."

Both of the princesses turned around, surprised by his answer. He honestly liked the name, and he also wanted to not have to lie anymore. It seemed like a no-brainer to accept the name.

Celestia looked at him with concern. "Are you sure? This will be your name."

Waving off her concern, Chauild replied, "It is a fine name. I'll wear it with pride."

Luna gave Celestia a smug look, and Celestia just shook her head. She sighed, realizing she just got herself involved with someone troublesome. Her life will be getting more complicated from now on.

Determined to make it look as natural as possible, Chauild repeated his new name over and over again in his head. He wanted it to ingrain it into himself, adopt it as his new name. The princesses walked off, with Aurora following them. When they weren't looking, he burst into a broad grin, happy that he was slowly starting to fit in. Soon, he could start seeking out the renegade. Victory was almost his, he thought.

Sadly, nothing in life could be that easy, even when you're a god. Aurora was about to learn that lesson very well.

Author's Note:

This chapter made me cycle through so many emotions. I don't even know what just happened, man. :rainbowhuh:
Also, I know the name Aurora is amazingly feminine. Chauild liked it because he's a doofus, and doesn't even know that it's generally a girl name. Oh introversion, the things you can do to a god! So yes, from now on, Chauild will be referred to as Aurora. Please don't hate me.

P.S. If you feel that the princesses were acting out of character, all will be explained soon. No need to worry.

Comments ( 18 )
Spacecowboy
Moderator

Welp, this was rather humorous, I think the best part was him accepting the name Aurora. I foresee you using and abusing this poor god before the story is over in some humor filled situations.

Got my thumbs up as well.

1859652
Abuse him? Oh my, of course not! I wouldn't do anything like that... heh heh heh... nope. :trollestia:

Nice chapter, I look forward to more hopefully soon. :P

yes more of the awesome that is this story.:yay:

Hehe they really should have given him a crash course in names of Equis among other things before sending him off... Just sayin... :twilightsheepish:
Anyway nice chapter... I eagerly await the next... Eagerly... :pinkiecrazy:

Dude needs to pull on his big boy pants and stop getting mopey about lying.
Seriously, little girls are tougher than this pantywaist godling.
Also, "I don't know?"
Dude, make up a fake name, a fake reason, a fake anything!. This godling's pretty uncreative for something going to be in charge of overseeing an entire world.

1862245
To be fair, they gave him all the intel they had. Besides, if the test was too easy, it'd be pointless. Even more so when you're a god, and you have access to so much more power. It's meant to be hard! :derpytongue2:

1862268
And as for this, agreed. He was acting rather wimpy. Being a recluse doesn't make you too skilled in the social areas, so he's a terrible liar. Also, he feels guilty because he's lying to the people he'll basically be protecting. He's never had to lie before, so it makes him feel horrible. We all have different morals, some have morals stricter than others'. :twilightsheepish:

But, don't let him hear you say that, or you might find yourself on the wrong end of a divine lightning bolt! :pinkiecrazy:

1862391
There a difference between holding back information in order to test someone's ability and not having the information to not mistake dogs for the dominant species because we keep them as pets. They're freaking gods, go to your scrying pool and take five minutes to check out the people your going to be trying to play off as.

"What's your name"
*oh shit, think man, think!*
"ummm.....BOB! Bob's my name."
"...Bob."
"Yes, Bob."
*shrugs* "...whatever."

1862437
Indeed, his unpreparedness and ignorance will play a large role in the story. However, some people gods are just really, really bad liars. While you and I could easily come up with an excuse or fake name at the drop of a hat, they would have to sit down and ponder it, obviously something one can't do in the middle of a conversation. I see your point, and agree 100%, but that's just his personality, as irritating as it may be.

1862675
I know, and it's not a criticism of the writing, just me yelling at the character to stop being stupid.
Like with horror movies.

1862702
But of course! I just like to play the role of the devil's advocate. :scootangel:

a feminine name will make this more confusing

1891541
Confusion is always fun! Or at least, that's what my deranged neighbor always told me.

NinjaText agrees!

1893364 im really worried about male characters having feminine names in a shipfic

and the fact its hard to visualized anyother characters referring to him as such

but the story is good so far:twilightsmile:

I read this, and now I want more :p

MOAR :flutterrage: please :fluttercry: i can't stand the waiting.:twilightangry2:

Login or register to comment