• Published 23rd Dec 2012
  • 1,680 Views, 47 Comments

Author of Reality - LucidTech



In which a man gets sent to Equestria a long time before anything cool happens, then submits to soliatry confinement until cool stuff starts happening, then starts acting like madman.

  • ...
6
 47
 1,680

# of chapters = 4

Author was wandering the halls, slow, dragging steps marking his passage. This had become the man’s usual pastime. His eyes traced the floor and his ears were filled with the devices that blocked out his surroundings. Ponies would move aside as Author travelled the castle, not out of respect but out of fear. Both princesses feared the being openly, a fact that had given more than enough reason to their subjects to act the same way. In his apathetic meandering steps he entered a part of the castle that he hadn’t before.

As he walked a voice made itself known, it was loud enough that it managed to make it’s way past the noise that Author pumped into his ears at a constant rate. Sensing a familiarity to it, he pulled the devices from his ears and set off towards the sound. After a few wrong turns the man found himself at the doorway to the room from which the voice came. As of yet those inside hadn’t noticed his arrival, a fact he didn’t really care much about.

Within the room, balloons and streamers stretched across the room. A fast moving blur of pink dashed around, talking to everyone who was already inside. It was obviously a party. Deciding that he would be rather unwelcome Author was about to leave when he spotted the guest of honor. A colt sat near the table, his mane was falling out, and a smile was plastered on his face. The smile proved contagious, and Author couldn’t help but cracking a grin as well. He was quite happy to see that Pinkie was still making everyone smile.

The sound of approaching hoofsteps made itself known, the one causing them clearly thinking himself quite important, judging by the volume of them alone. Author glanced down the hall he had just come from and spotted the approaching form of a white stallion with an extremely pompous hairdo. Instantly Author recognized him, and a feeling of encroaching despair formed in his stomach. The smile faded and Author began to slouch heavily. He didn’t move however, and stood at the entranceway waiting for, the obviously aged, Prince Blueblood.

All the party goers heard the approaching sound as well and turned to look for it’s source. They all spotted the man immediately, and a surge of whispers jolted through the gathered crowd. Author payed them no mind. Pinkie hesitantly approached, keeping a fair distance between her and the man, before she looked to see the approaching prince. The room suddenly felt very cold, Pinkie’s hair wilted slightly, but managed to keep it’s bouncy appearance. Author took notice and stepped forward slightly, putting the pink mare behind him.

Blueblood arrived in short order, and Author took notice of the ponies who followed him around. The prince took one look at the party and scoffed. “This is a party? Hardly.” He approached and Pinkie backed away in fear of the coming confrontation. Tears started to form in her eyes but she managed to keep it together. Author quickly deduced the Blueblood had become very tyrannical as of late. “I see you even got the monster to come, how droll.” Blueblood eyed Author, whose fists clenched subconsciously.

Blueblood watched the action with a raised eyebrow. Inhaling deeply through his nose, Author let his muscles relax and turned his attention towards Pinkie Pie. Before he could say anything, however, Blueblood started up again. “Ah, this is that party then. Really pointless if you ask me. If I remember the doctor’s right he’ll be dea-” Before he could finish that word, an unknown force slammed him against a nearby wall, knocking the air from his body. Author’s body was tense, and he was glaring at stallion down his nose.

“You don’t get to decide death dates princey.” The tone was full of rage as Author glared down Blueblood. The child was looking towards the man with a shocked expression. “And if Pinkie Pie wants to throw the kid a party to encourage his recovery, then you can take your attitude and shove it up your arse.” Silence.

The prince began to growl in anger, then shot a bolt of magical energy at Author. It danced over his skin. Then he shouted in pain as it hit his system and filled it full of pain. Smoke came off of his hair after the brief period of pain. Still standing, he turned his attention fully to the prince, who still laid on the floor. Faster than anyone’s eyes could follow, he picked up Blueblood in a single hand and smiled wickedly as very similar bolts of lightning began to dance over his skin. A look of pure fear struck Blueblood’s face, but was quickly replaced with one of pain. He howled in agony as the spell was continually sent through his body.

Author’s smile widened manically until he at last dropped Blueblood to the ground. His body convulsed for a moment, then lay still. The entourage lunged forward but were stopped as the man leaned over the unconscious Blueblood. His hand began to glow green, then he pressed it against the stallion’s chest. Blueblood’s eyes snapped open and he looked up with fear towards Author.

“I’ve been wanting to do that for a long time.” Author admitted. “And I would gladly do it again if you push me. As a matter of fact I could torture you and heal you repeatedly for the rest of your pathetic living days, do you understand me?” The bravado was gone, and Blueblood nodded. “Good. Now I want you to go back to your little political party or wherever you’re supposed to be and if you tell either of the princesses about this I will treat you to a little of the same treatment, am I understood?”

Blueblood nodded and Author stood up, allowing the prince to flee with the ponies who had been following him. Author knew what to expect as he turned to face the party. Absolute fear and terror. It was on absolutely every face, just as he figured it would be after that display. Without a word, Author took his earbuds and slid them back into place, allowing the music to drain away thoughts that shot through Author’s mind. As he was walking away though, a tug on his sleeve caught his attention.

He turned and spotted the colt whom the party had been thrown for. He looked up at Author, silent, then asked the question that was on his mind. “Did you mean what you said? About me living longer?” Author let his gaze roam to all the ponies who watched him very intently. Pinkie Pie was standing a fair distance away, a look of terror on her face as she thought about the magic he had just performed and how easily he could use it on the pony in front of him.

Author nodded. “Stone is a horrible medium for stories.” He said with a grin, then walked away, music blaring in his ears.

Author's Note:

There was another story where I very much regretted not beating the crap out of Blueblood when I had the chance. Just some resolution here.