• Published 23rd Dec 2012
  • 1,680 Views, 47 Comments

Author of Reality - LucidTech



In which a man gets sent to Equestria a long time before anything cool happens, then submits to soliatry confinement until cool stuff starts happening, then starts acting like madman.

  • ...
6
 47
 1,680

*That* Chapter

Celestia frowned as she glanced at the papers on her desk, Luna sat across from her, sweat pouring down her dark blue fur as she thought about the promise they had made long ago, the very idea of it brought stress to her mind. Eventually, Celestia moved the papers into a manilla folder and attempted a half-hearted smile. “It seems that we have our end of the bargain to hold up then. We shall release him, as we promised.”

“But sister, he’s far too dangerous.” Luna exclaimed. “We can’t let him out, think of all the horror he would cause.” Memories flooded her mind of the attack, thousands had been severely wounded, none had died but it was hard to believe that was on purpose. Single handedly the creature had wiped all of the guards aside. He had claimed it had been done on accident, but regardless of why he had done it it didn't change the fact that because of his actions Discord had found his opening and had attacked the kingdom.

When Discord had fallen, frozen in stone, the creature came to them a cracked smile holding his shattered face together. He had offered them a deal, if he could predict an event an untold period of time in the future, they would be able to contain him until such as a time as the prediction proved true. They had eagerly accepted, no spell had been devised that could see into the future with any degree of accuracy, and they desperately wanted him shut away where he could do no harm.

Now though, the evidence of his truth did not only stare them straight in the face, it practically yelled at them waving it’s limbs widely like a mad creature trying with all it's might, mind, and strength to get attention it didn't deserve through stupid acts like writing a really bad story and then posting it publicly.... Speaking metaphorically of course. “We must though Luna. We gave him our word, and I shall not be known for going back on such a promise as this.” Luna had known her sister’s words before they ever met the air but that didn’t stop the alicorn of the night from gazing dishearteningly towards the ground.

As she did so her eyes came to rest on the corner of one of the paper’s, specifically the one containing the fortune from the creature that rested in the bottom of the dungeons. “On such a day as the lunar princess returns from her banishment she shall be corrupted by a force. She shall try and create eternal night but shall fail, on account of six mares. The leader of these six mares shall be the personal student of Celestia. She will be named after a time of day and she will originate from Canterlot.”

With a sigh, realizing she was beat, Luna stood and walked with her sister. The cell that held the creature was the strongest any magician could create and had been sealed by two horns. Celestia’s and Luna’s respectively. When Luna had fallen to her inner desires and was forced away to the moon Celestia realized that the being’s words were being confirmed and had gone to confront him. He had ignored her. She had lost her temper and had pulled him to the bars, pulling his body against the unforgiving steel. she had demanded that he explain himself. His answer had been a smile. Celestia had left in a rage. She hadn’t visited him since that day.

The door to the prison room creaked open slowly, and the princesses approached the cage. The being within rose onto both feet and grinned. “I assume I finally proved correct?” Without answering the two alicorns cast their spell and he stood, pushing lightly against the cage door until it opened. Light music filled the air, muffled as it’s source of origin was pressed into his ears. Slowly he pulled the devices out and slid them into the pocket of his clothing. He stood before them on both his feet, meeting them both at eye level. Then, he did something unexpected.

He hugged them. He swung his arms around their necks and brought them into a hug. “Oh thank you for keeping your word! I wasn’t sure if you would!” He said, grinning. “So, onto the next matter of business. I believe I was promised a trip to Ponyville.” Luna pulled out of his hug angrily, after Celestia recovered from her shock she did as well.

“I don’t believe we promised a trip to Ponyville, creature.” Luna stated angrily.

“Aww cmon, it’s been like... one thousand years or something yea? Can’t I choose where to go?” He stated in return. “And my name’s Author, don’t you remember? Well I suppose it has been a long time. And all that time alone.” He stated nonchalantly.

“Don’t you dare talk about my time on the moon.” Luna stated angrily, even before he had been put in his cage he had acted like a know-it-all.

“I wasn’t, I was talking about my time in that cage.” He responded. Luna gazed back at him and saw something in his eyes that frightened her, sympathy. “Of course, you don’t want to have someone who can share your pain. How horrible to be together in loneliness.” He smiled crookedly, as if trying to convince himself that he was happy and fine.

“Regardless, Author.” Celestia said, standing tall. “We have decided that while you did prove yourself correct in your assumptions you will not be able to leave Canterlot until we have determined that you are at least sane enough for normal interaction.”

“Oh, I suppose that’s good. Oooo, is this before or after the changeling invasion?” He stated simply. Luna and Celestia shared a look, he hadn’t mentioned the invasion in any of his predictions.

“After.”

“Oh sweet, I can congratulate Shining Armor and Cadence on their marriage, I’ve been meaning to do this for a while. Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go!” He said quickly, bouncing up and down near the door as he waited for the princesses to open it. Once again, they shared a glance of disbelief in regards to knowledge he should not have. The door was opened and the being took off, looking for the pair to congratulate them.

“He knows he’s heading the wrong way, right?” Luna asked Celestia as the biped disappeared around a corner.

“I have no idea Luna. He knew Ponyville existed but had no idea where it was when we spoke to him last, his knowledge is iffy at best.”

“So... you trust he won’t do something stupid?”

“I trust he won’t do something TOO stupid, sister. If he didn’t do something stupid I would question if he truly was who he claimed to be.”

“Who he claimed to be?”

“Don’t you remember? He claimed to be the author of alternate realities, surely only a madman would take that job.”