• Published 22nd Dec 2012
  • 1,048 Views, 13 Comments

Conspiracy Theories and Apocalypse Parties - Serenity Grace



Fluttershy is convinced that the world is going to end. Rarity will hear none of that.

  • ...
1
 13
 1,048

The Paranoid Fluttershy, the desperate Rarity and the nut formally known as Pinkie


Disclaimer: I own absolutely none of these ponies or the original theme to this story (Prompt #205 of 30minuteponies: The end of the calendar), just the general writing of it and the ideas.

It was a typically beautiful (though cold) afternoon for Ponyville. The sun was shining brightly; the birds were singing their sweet tune as the cool winter breeze blew through the sleepy village...

"Fluttershy, please open the door!"

"N-NO! I'M NOT COMING OUT! I HAVE TO PREPARE FOR THE END OF EVERYTHING!"


...And Fluttershy was having another anxiety attack.
“Fluttershy, darling…please open the door. Are you REALLY still buying into all of that nonsense?” Rarity asked with an exasperated sigh, pushing some of her curls away from her face with a flick of her head. It had been at least fifteen minutes already and the unicorn’s patience was beginning to wear thin. Her freshly hooficured hooves were beginning to ache already! And though having a “usual” at the Ponyville spa was all well and good, Rarity had other plans. Like having a regularly scheduled tea and cake session with her shy but nature-loving best friend…

If her said best friend wasn’t attempting to build an ark in her little cottage to fit her animals in.

‘The sad part is that if I did end up seeing that, I really wouldn’t be surprised…’ Rarity thought in slight amusement as she narrowed her eyes, banging (carefully so she didn’t ruin her spa treated appendage) her hoof against the locked wooden door. “Dear, if you do NOT open this door right now, I will ram it through!”

“M-MAKE ME OPEN THE DOOR!”

….

Oh.

OH.

It.was.ON.

Ignoring her hooves for a brief moment, the fashion-obsessed unicorn found herself stepping backwards, an almost deranged and maniacal expression on her features as she prepared to throw herself against the helpless wooden door…

But froze as a white ball of fur with long ears hopped in front of her.

“A-Angel….?” Rarity asked as she cocked a brow, staring down at Fluttershy’s precious pet rabbit. Angel gave the unicorn a frustrated expression and without a sound, he slowly held up a small, silver key that had a tag attached to the end: ‘HOUSE KEY’.

“….That works,” Rarity stated with a blink, taking the object with a nod of thanks and slowly trotting over to Fluttershy’s cabin, Angel hopping along behind her…

It took several minutes, but Rarity had managed to coax the frightened little Pegasus out of her house and into the outdoors.

“B-But Rarity, y-you saw the newspaper! E-Everypony’s talking about it…t-the end of days when every demonic spirit that has been locked away by Princess Celestia, Princess Luna and the rest of the ancient gods will arise from their prisons with the King of Neverending Darkness leading the army into the land of Equestria straight from the Everfree Forest! I LIVE ON THE BORDER OF THE EVERFREE FOREST-“ Rarity’s hoof pushed against Fluttershy’s muzzle before she could let out any more screams. “O-Oh…r-right….s-sorry…..”

“Darling, you DO realize that the entire theory was debunked, right? For one thing, Everypony is talking about it because everypony realizes how incredibly ludicrous it is! Both Celestia and Luna have told us time and again that it is only an urban myth started by a misunderstanding of mythology.”

“Y-You sound like Twilight…”

“Because I was forced to listen to her repeat her explanation again and again when your fellow believer Spike would not come out from the underground bomb shelter he dug under the library…”

“…D-Does he have room for one more?”

“FLUTTERSHY!”

“O-Oh, I-I’m sorry Rarity! I-I just…I just…w-what if it’s true!?” Fluttershy began to tear up, the poor cream colored mare shaking like a leaf, “I-It’s true that both princesses have confirmed that the rumor is false….b-but what if that’s just what they WANT you to think!? W-What if they’re just trying to keep the masses at peace as they plan to escape themselves and leave us for the fiery infernos to swallow whole!?

“…..Rainbow Dash really needs to stop making you watch those Conspiracy television shows with her…” Rarity declared in a monotonous voice, pulling Fluttershy along by a hoof as they began to head towards…

“The…Library?”

“Yes. Twilight knows the most about this kind of stuff and I’m sure the dear could do the same thing! After all, she’s the smartest pony in all of Equestria! She will show you right here and now that nothing is going to happen!”

“Well, to be honest, I don’t really know if we’re going to die tonight or not…”

The sounds of Fluttershy wailing and diving into a closet. echoed at least a mile away from Twilight Sparkle’s library.

“FLUTTERSHY, NO! COME BACK OUT OF THE CLOSET THIS INSTANT!” Rarity ordered with a slight twitch in her eye. “TWILIGHT DID NOT MEAN IT LIKE THAT!”

“LIES!!!!” came a muffled screech.

Twilight laughed nervously, watching her fellow unicorn drag Fluttershy from the closet as she hid behind the book she was currently looking through, a large and old looking text that simply read as: “PROPHECIES OF THE WORLD”.

“N-Nopony actually knows when the world itself will end. I-I mean, I believe that only Celestia would know for sure, you know?” she attempted to explain, watching as her nature-loving friend began pacing nervously around the room, stomping her hoof against the ground as if searching for some kind of trap door. “What I’m trying to get at is, I told Spike that it wasn’t going to end because I wanted to calm him down…but it’s logical to realize that it could happen at anytime.”

“……Come on Fluttershy, I’m going to prove to you that you’re getting worked up for nothing! Thank you for letting us stay for a while, Twilight.”

“S-Sure….”

And as Twilight watched her two friends walk out to whom-knows where in Ponyville, a familiar purple head poked out from a subtle trap door in the center of the room, a military helmet adorning his spiky scaled head.

“Fluttershy was always the smart one,” Spike informed with a blank expression.

Twilight sighed and slowly pushed her helper’s head back into his “safe-house”.

“Ugh….why does Applejack have to be busy with her chores NOW!? I mean, she’s the Element of Honesty for Celestia’s sake! She could at LEAST be useful and inform you that there is nothing to be afraid of!” Rarity nearly whined as she plopped against a velvet pink cushion, a bouncing Pinkie Pie getting a piece of a cake and a cup of tea for all three mares.

“B-But Twilight said—“ Fluttershy started before Rarity waved a hoof at her in a dismissive fashion.

“Twilight, Schmilight! She is a scientist; of course she would be “inconclusive” in her answer. Hnngh….Pinkie, you’re positive that Applejack can’t come by and talk to Fluttershy about this?”

“Nopey-Nope~!” Pinkie Pie chirped in her usual cheery tone, hopping over to both of her dear friends with a slice of cake for each, placing the plates down in front of them. The pink pony then ran back off to the kitchen again to fetch their tea. “I had asked her over this morning to try some jam I made, and she told me that she would be busy all day~”

“Hnn….what about Rainbow Dash?” Rarity inquired as Fluttershy slowly looked up, “She IS your oldest friend, and would do anything in her power to make you not afraid…or at least smile….”

“Nope-Nope, Dashie isn’t available either~!” Pinkie stated with a smile, bringing three cups of tea and her own plate of a cupcake with gooey pink frosting to the table. “She has a huge job at the weather patrol today, there’s going to be an amazing thunderstorm tonight!!!!”

“THUNDERSTORM!?” Fluttershy nearly dropped her cup of tea and held back a shriek of fear. Rarity slowly rolled her eyes.

“It’s a CONTROLLED storm, Flutter dear. That means Rainbow Dash is going to work on CREATING the storm.”

“….R-Rainbow is a Harbinger of Doom?”

“I GIVE UP!!!!” Rarity whined, slamming her head against the table. Fluttershy shakily gasped and placed a hoof against Rarity’s soft mane.

“O-Oh Rarity, I-I’m sorry….i-it was just a little joke….t-to settle the nerves. ….Though…I’m still really scared…” the shy mare mumbled shakily, glancing to the side. Pinkie Pie only blinked in confusion.

“Soooooo…what are you so scared of, Flutters~? Come on, tell your Auntie Pinkie Pie~!” she said before shoving the entire cupcake into her mouth. Rarity glanced over in slight disgust, and still wondered how Pinkie Pie has not even gained a single pound.

“W-Well…” Fluttershy began before the unicorn groaned and lifted her head back up, her horn glowing with magic in order to pick up a napkin and wipe Pinkie’s muzzle from crumbs and icing.

“Fluttershy here is scared about the rumor that the world is going to end tonight…” The diva sighed. Fluttershy blushed and Pinkie Pie stared for a moment, nodding her head and her mouth slightly open, as if she was about to utter something profound and wise.

“LET’S HAVE A PARTY!!!!”

“….A…party….?” Both of the party planner’s friends asked in unison, confusion in their gaze. Pinkie only giggled and jumped up in glee.

“IT’LL BE A ‘WE’RE ABOUT TO DIE’ SLUMBER PARTY!!!” she cheered in ecstatic excitement, and Fluttershy’s brow furrowed.

“…That…doesn’t sound pleasant…” she muttered softly.

“Oh come on girls, it’ll be fun!!! We’ll get to spend the last moments together, just the three of us like in the old days~! Don’t worry, we’ll see the others in the after-life and we’ll talk about what an AMAZING time they had and that they should have been there~!”

“….I guess…we really haven’t been able to spend time together, just the three of us…we haven’t had one of our sleepovers in quite a long while,” Rarity softly muttered with a slight smile, and Fluttershy glanced down for a moment.

“…I...I guess…when the world does end…the one place I would like to be is with you guys…” she mumbled and Pinkie grinned.

“EXCELLENT! Alright Rarity, you get the usual party bash materials while Flutters and I get all the snacks and drinks ready!!!” The unicorn smiled and decided to play along with her friend’s hyperactivity, playfully saluting and galloping out of the Sweets Shop as Pinkie pulled the blushing Fluttershy towards the kitchen.

“Oh come onnnnn, you have to answer Rare-Rare~” Pinkie Pie cooed as the three mares sat in a circle within Pinkie Pie’s bedroom, their manes up in curlers and facials on their features. Magazines were strewn about the floor, the television playing some type of show that they had been watching. Rarity glanced down for a moment, a blush on her cheeks before mumbling.

“…Apple Jack…can sometimes…be very useful….”

“AH-HA! I knew you didn’t completely dislike her!” The curly haired pony laughed in victory.

“I AM NEVER PLAYING TRUTH OR DARE WITH YOU AGAIN, PINKIE!” the red face Rarity stated, glancing away with a huff. Fluttershy couldn’t help but smile and slowly began to laugh, popping another "vegetable roll" (Rarity had said that every eloquent pony would eat this and promised that there wouldn't be any fish in it) into her mouth. This really was one of the best (and last) nights of her life. If she did end up dying…she would be happy anyway. Both of her friends, hearing their shy Pegasus laugh, turned and grinned.

“Having fun, Flutter dear?” Rarity cooed to her dearest friend. Fluttershy softly smiled.

“Y-Yes, actually…”

“Great!!!” Pinkie Pie chirped in happiness, before leaning in close. “Now here’s the best part, what time is it~?”

“H-Huh…? …O-Oh…!” Fluttershy’s teal eyes slowly widened as she looked at the clock.

2:30 AM.

“…It…didn’t end after all….” Time had flown by that whole time, and Fluttershy forgot about the entire thing. So the reason Pinkie Pie threw this party was…

Without another word, the Pegasus hug-tackled her mischievous and secretive pink haired friend, Rarity following suit as all three ponies laughed and laughed.

A day or so later, Fluttershy's phone began to ring.


Ring…Ring…

“H-Hello…?”

“Hey Shy!”

“O-Oh, hi Rainbow Dash…how was the weather patrol?”

“Ugh, you don’t even wanna know…anyway, Pinkie Pie told me that you and Rarity had a sleepover last night.”

“Y-Yeah, we did…”

“So you’re not scared over that silly rumor anymore, riiiight? My awesomeness can't keep you safe EVERY NIGHT, you know.”

“No, Rainbow…I’m fine now. I-I'm sorry for causing any trouble....Pinkie Pie made me realize that the entire thing was silly...and even if the world was supposed to end...then, I should just embrace it and spend the time I have left with the people I love."

"Heh, figured Pinkie would pull something like that. So you're okay?"

"Yes, Rainbow. I'm okay."

“GREAT! Because Conspiracy Theories came out with a new episode about the SUN blowing up and our entire universe being thrown into a second Ice Age! I’ll be over in a jiffy!”

“…………”

-end-

Author's Note:

So, I decided to time myself this time around, activating the timer on my iPhone as I wrote down this final piece after several drafts and edits. I managed to stay under the 2,000 minimum and by the time I finished, I glanced at the timer to stop it: “24 minutes and 56 seconds”. ….I FINALLY DID IT!!!!! I’m proud of my work, there was nothing I had to take out that I felt horrible about and I stayed under the 30 minute mark, finally! I think I might just throw myself a little party like Pinkie Pie did.

...That is what I said for my submission...however, I did have a few things I wanted to add in that I couldn't, or I would be over the maximum. That said, you guys get the extras! Enjoy!

Comments ( 13 )

And thus December 21, 2012 has come and gone and nothing I repeat NOTHING has happened, unless you count the Republicans making themselves look like idiots and Bohener admitting he can't work with his party or the president. Oh well thry'll reap what they've sown come January 1, 2013. And we'll see what the American public thinks of their elected officals then.

1838053 :D;.....I'll just assume you liked it and say thank you. :heart:

1838074 Indeed I did. This was just a case of "Much ado about nothing" and didn't help that Hollywood made a movie about it, seriously is there no deceny in the movie industry today.

1838086 ^_^; Mm, I will have to agree on you on that one, the entire thing seemed ridiculous and I spent the entire night on tumblr while making jokes with my Dad about the entire thing. The movie was probably the one thing that made the whole rumor explode into madness, which Hollywood wanted in the first place I would think. So, I figured to celebrate the fact that we're NOT dead, I would participate in a contest and then post the results on here. :)

1838097 What's even worse is that a move showing just how messed up things would be if Obama won reelction was released. Who are the film makers to judge Obama. They have no right to make such predicitons and that horrible excuse for a movie would make Michael Bay look like a saint.

1838111 Mmhm, exactly. >:

Um, at any case, what did you think of the story? :); I had a bit of a time limit so I apologize for any grammar mistakes or spelling errors.

1838117 It was great. Although I think Twilight would be outright apalled at the thought that anyone could predict the future and say the world as we know will end. I'm sure any scientist with half a brain would've said that. :eeyup:

:) Hm, makes a great deal of sense! I didn't think of that, honestly. Though you're right, Twilight would be shocked by the very concept of it, let alone anyone actually believing it. Thank you for your critique! <3

Oh gosh....what she doesn't know won't hurt her, then.

....Until Rainbow Dash forces her to watch a new Conspiracy Theory episode.

this was a positivly great story definetly better than the one my brother wrote :twilightsmile: although he didnt write it on here so if anyone wants to see it sorry :twilightsheepish: also that time thing in the authors note nice time although im certain rainbowdash could do better but overall great story and definetly worth the time and if the world ends im going to throw an apocalypse party

Comment posted by julianhoene deleted Dec 23rd, 2012

Personally, I think it would've been funnier if a major catastrophe DID happen and while Rarity looked on with a stunned expression, Fluttershy would turn to her and mutter "I told you so".

Login or register to comment