• Published 21st Dec 2012
  • 5,765 Views, 265 Comments

To Change With the Moon - DJ-LUN3RDA5H



A new being appears in Equestria only one problem he wakes up in bed with Princess Luna. How will everypony react to him? Will he be banished when they find out his dark secret? Only time will tell.

  • ...
23
 265
 5,765

Chapter 1(Re-write)

Awakening from my sleep, I held my eyes shut tight. The light invading my vision and hurting my eyes. I rolled over in the bed but something didn't feel right... This bed was not mine.

This couldn't be the stale bed with sheets that could be used for sandpaper that were provided by the cheap motel I had been living in for the past two months. No, the sheets were smooth and silky and the mattress too soft and plushy.

This brought up the question. If I wasn't in my crappy motel room, whose bed was I in and where was I? The thoughts that ran though my mind scared me. I went out drinking the night before and I didn't remember much after. So that meant I had gotten drunk. A chill went down my spine as I imagined the things that could of happened.

When I was intoxicated there were certain aspects of my personality that were hard to control. My moonlit escapades have had me wake up in some places one would deem... unusual to say the least. Though they always held some sort of consistency, I almost always awoke at the highest peak of the surrounding area. From what I could gather from my foggy memories I have been able to decipher some of IT'S habits. It liked the heights and open areas, so it could bask in the full moons light. It would always go searching to find the most optimal place to spend it's time and it would kill any living thing in it's path there. It was a heartless beast that showed mercy to nothing or no one.

So I was surprised when I felt something to my side in the bed with me move. I jumped out of the bed and landed on my feet. Spinning around I focused on the source of the movement. What I saw surprised me. There was something in the bed and it was... different. It was new to me and unlike anything I have ever seen before.

Its body had a dark blue coat. The fur covered it's well toned, strong looking muscles. It looked very powerful, even with my strength and speed it looked like it could easily give me a run for my money. Walking around the bed to get a better idea of what I was looking at I saw something else that surprised me. It had a pair of wings that were lazily splayed out behind it while it slept. I smiled, it must have been very tired when it fell asleep, because it didn't even bother to get under the covers. Though it didn't need to, as the room was warm enough on it's own.

It shifted it's position once again, allowing a ray of light from a window to give me a clearer view of it's head. I noticed that it had a horn about ten inches long protruding from it's forehead. What really drew my attention however was it's most defining feature its mane seemed to be blowing in a nonexistent breeze, it looked less like hair and more like an aura. The edges were a blue color but the rest was black as the depths of space and seemed to suck in any light not letting it escape. Within the darkness were little twinkles that seemed to be emitting their own light, like stars throughout her mane. It reminded me of the night sky, the sight of this beautiful creature was amazing. I could hardly believe my own eyes, all I could say was...

"Wow."

My voice echoed louder than anticipated. I stood rooted in the spot, watching it for a while to make sure I had not accidentally woken it from it's slumber. After I was sure it wasn't going to awaken I once again found myself lost in its starry mane, It reminded me of my childhood. The good times when I would lay in the grass and gaze at the stars all night. I could spend entire nights out side in my favorite spot under an old maple tree. Staring endlessly at the night sky until the sun came up in the morning.

As I was taking a walk down memory lane while staring at some unknown creature that was sleeping in a bed in front of me, I didn't notice the door behind me slowly open and something sneak into the room behind me. Escaping my notice, they stood directly behind me. With a well placed strike to the back of my head, I was knocked out.

~{T}~{C}~{W}~{t}~{M}~

The back of my head throbbed with pain as I wandered back into the land of the conscious. A wave of dizziness overcame me as I got up too quickly. My hand swung up from my side and touched the source of the discomfort. Forcing a sharp pain onto myself as my fingers touched the sore and broken skin where I was struck. I muttered out a slew of cuss words as I felt a light wetness on my fingertips, looking back at my hand, I confirmed it to be my own blood.

I looked around to find out where I was. I was currently sitting on a bed that was too small for me to comfortably lay down on. The room itself was white a square room with white walls, off white floor, and a rather sturdy looking wooden door that was at the other end of the room from where the bed was. I started to worry wondering why I was here, how I got here, and what who ever put me here planed to do to me. Panic set in quickly my mind flew though thoughts of who it could be. The government? some sort of mob boss? Someone who I owed money to? or even someone who held a grudge against me... I couldn't tell for certain.

I strained my senses to see what I could pick up on, I had no success I was unable to smell any distinct scents, nor could I hear anything but my breathing and the steady thump thump of my own heart. Frustrated I sighed looking down at the table that sat in the rooms center a simple table made of wood that was painted white to got with the rest of the rooms décor or lack of it. I walked up to the door and tried the handle, it only proved to be futile however the door was locked. Seeing how I was going no where fast I decided to do an inventory of everything I had. My possessions included one dark grey tee shirt, a light grey hoodie, a pair of jeans, underwear socks, shoes. Upon searching my pockets I found my Smith and Weston First Response pocket knife, and a brass Zippo my father gave me for Christmas as a kid.

"Great, nothing useful, I wonder what will happen next?" sighing I knew that nothing positive could come from my current predicament. I heard the door on the other side of the room unlock, and Instantly afterwards I was able to pick up on several heart beats. I smirked, "Saw that coming."

The door swung open and in strolled a creature that was very similar to the kind I had seen only moments before I was knocked out.

"Huh, didn't see that coming." I said as I looked it over.

This one was different it was larger not by much but clearly so, in place of the blue coat that adorned the other one this one had a coat whiter then the purest snow. She had a similar astral mane and tail as the other one, but it was slightly less impressive. Because in place of the nights sky there where streaks of color. She sported golden regalia so I figured she was a member of high society maybe even a member of royalty.

It motioned for me to sit at the table. I slowly obliged while it took a seat opposite of me. Looking up after I had made myself comfortable, I looked directly into it's large, magenta eyes. It was defiantly intelligent. The entire time I was looking it over and sizing it up while it was doing the same to me. Her eyes held no fear, anger, or hate. But something was off. She had old eyes, too old for her face. And in them I could see one thing. Curiosity.

Then she spoke ...

Author's Note:

Ok so Re-write of Chapter 1 tell me what you think. Comments are encouraged and thumbs up are appreciated. Thank you to DesertRose for helping me with the story, and to the readers for the support and suggesting I rewrite the chapter. I will also be Re-writing chapter 2 but Chapter 8 should come out before then.

For those who are reading this story the first time. Welcome I hope you enjoy the story and where it goes.