• Published 20th Dec 2012
  • 1,336 Views, 19 Comments

"Can You Stand On Your Head?" - SCP Pinkamena



Wonderland isn't as far as someponies think...

  • ...
4
 19
 1,336

Of Cheshires and Opals

"Wait a minute... THAT DARN CAT STOLE MY APPLES!!" Applejack screamed as she looked the pile that fell with the Cheshire Cat. Last she counted, at least thirteen apples fell, now she counted nine. "I swear, when I see that cat I'm gonna skin him alive..." She said with anger ever raising.

--Elsewhere--

The Cheshire Cat was happily munching his third apple and hovering over Ponyville. "Hmm... I feel like getting a hat. The Mad Hatter would never let me wear his hat..." Ches thought to himself. After milling about floating out of the perceptive gaze of everypony, he found a purple building with a fancy sign on top.

Carousel Boutique: Where all your fashion dreams come true!

"A boutique? Well, that some where I haven't been in a long time," The Cheshire Cat said to himself as he phased through the window almost effortlessly. Almost. When he entered he noticed that his tail was still outside. It tapped against the glass and, if it had eyes, gave him and angry look. Ches smiled nervously, and stuck his butt the window then as he pulled away his tail came with this time. "Better?" He asked his tail, and in response his tail nodded.

As he walked on the floor, he jumped on the counter where the sewing machine was. From that point on he was looking for a hat to fit, and one that looked like the Mad Hatters'. As he was browsing, he heard a scream that was the mix between the Jubjub Bird, and the Red Queen herself. Or better yet, a white unicorn pony with purple curls with red brim glasses.

"Opalescence! What do to your wonderful coat?! Where's your ribbons?! And collar?!" The white pony screamed. Ches was plucked by her magic, and set down on the floor. "And, what were you doing browsing hats? Cats don't wear hats!"

"How rude of you to think so..."

"How rude of me?! Well Opalescence, I had enough your back talk. Now go out-" Click. Wait a minute. Opal doesn't talk... She looked back down at the pink and purple cat, whose yellow eyes made her feel uneased. He looked back up at her with a unpleasant frown upon his face.

"Well, I never! Never in all my years have met a rude, brutish, and most uncivilized being in all my life! Why, you had a potential customer and good job! You just blew him out the window! Good day madam!" Ches said as he faded from her gaze. Never had he been so insulted before. She was throwing insults left and right. His coat was wonderful, he did not wear ribbons, and he most certainly did not wear a collar. And to top it all off she said 'Cats don't wear hats.'
He scoffed and walked behind the shop of his (once thought) dreams.

Upon going to the back of the store, he saw an alluring sight. There, sitting on a box like tower, was a white cat with purple ribbons, and diamond fitted collar. But all those where nothing to Ches as he stared into her eyes. Those jade green eyes that had small black slits. Upon seeing her, he had wide eyes and an urge to sing.

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord...
I've been waiting for this moment, for all my life, oh lord...
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord, oh lord...

His face was a stark red. His cheeks burned like fire and she took notice to him.

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord...
I've been waiting for this moment, for all my life, oh lord...
I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord...
I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh lord, oh lord...

She jumped from her box tower, and strutted up to him examining him up down. As she did her tail stroked his chin.

And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord...
I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh lord...
I can feel it in the air tonight, oh lord, oh lord...
And I've been waiting for this moment all my life, oh lord, oh lord...

She purred in his ear, and rubbed herself against his body. He kept still, for he feared if he moved, she would leave him for another male. The white Persian Cat began to notice this and rubbed again on his soft underbelly. He felt like he was melting under her trance, when she came to his face again she did not say it, but one could see it in her jade eyes.

"On the ground please..." They said and Ches was more then eager to comply. He was on the ground as fast as he possibly could. On his back, he looked up to see her come over his form. If face was pink before, then it was crimson red now. She smiled at his obedience, and murrped a compliment. He murrped back. Then once again the screech was heard.

"Opalescence! Where are you?" The white pony cried. The white cat, whose name was Opalescence, looked at him in the eyes. He could read the message.

"Will we meet again?" Her eyes asked. He only replied with a nod before he smiled and phased out of Opals' sight. While she stood there confused wondering if that cat was real or not, the white unicorn came from the corner.

"There you are, my little baby~ Now Momma Rarity's gonna be gone for a few days so you behave yourself," she said after putting Opal inside the shop. Opal sighed the best the could, and curled on her cat bed. As she did, she thought, she had been with many males on her free time, but this one smarted than the rest. A "Diamond in the Rough" as Rarity would say. But as she did her normal routine, she was quite shocked that the cat could talk. As she lay her head down and prepared for her cat nap subconsciously thought and "talked" at the same time.

"Murrp meow, meooow..." (I wish you give your heart to me so I can love you...)







"My heart will always belong to you..." Opal sat straight up looking the source of the voice only to find a small music box, that played a sweet loving melody as she drifted off to sleep unaware of the yellow eyes watching her...