• Published 20th Dec 2012
  • 1,337 Views, 19 Comments

"Can You Stand On Your Head?" - SCP Pinkamena



Wonderland isn't as far as someponies think...

  • ...
4
 19
 1,337

'Twas Brillig, and The Slithy Toves...

"Hmmm, maybe I was being to easy on the little pony..." The Cheshire Cat said trailing behind some bird seeds that he had taken before he had left. As he floated lazily above Ponyville, he stopped at a particular piece of land that again intrigued him. A small farm but upon looking at the vast hills, he could now say a big farm. A really big farm. He floated to the trees spotted with apples of many different colors, consisting of red, green, yellow, a mix of two colors, and he could swear he saw rainbows! It was all very strange for the Cheshire Cat, but that wasn't going to stop him from having fun.

In stead, what was going to stop him was white, brown... and canine. Due to popular belief, cats are deathly afraid of dogs, however, in Wonderland dogs and cats live in harmony (Pardon the pun). What happens when a dog barks at a cat? It runs, obviously. But what happens when a dog barks at the Cheshire Cat? Well, this happens.

BARK, BARK!

"EEEEEE!" The Cheshire Cat screamed and flew over to the nearest tree. The accursed dog kept barking him up the tree, so to speak. He was shaking with fear, and the dog only growled at his presence. The Cheshire Cat under any circumstances did NOT like dogs. He disliked them in fact. Mangy mutt... He thought to himself, his frowning. That is, he heard another sound.

"Winona! Get back over here this instant!" Upon hearing this voice he smiled again think of Alice and her difficult time with talking to him. He giggled at the memory and walked to the edge of the branch. He murped at the golden orange pony below him and when she looked up she had a glare on her face.

"Winona, did you chase this cat up the tree?" She asked the dog and the dog replied with a small whimper and nodding conformation. She glared at the cat and back at the dog walking up to the tree. She gave a mighty kick to the tree knocking all the apples and its only occupant out of the tree. Ches landed first, followed by the apples that buried him with out even trying. She faltered only slightly expecting the cat to pop out of the apples but when this did not happen, she feared for him.

"Is that anyway to treat a visitor? Why, I thought the last one was nicer than Alice herself," A voice said from above the pony. She looked around but could not find the speaker. A laugh emanated from above her but every time she looked she saw no one there.

"You might want to look up. Not up." The voice said and laughed again when she looked up at the tree. "Try your hat..." The voice said and she took her hat off to see nothing there.

"I swear, if ya'll don't come out right now, Ah'll skin ya the first chance I get!" She screamed to the seemingly invisible voice. He chuckled at this.

"Did you check your head?" He asked seeing if she could play along. She swatted her head, only to hit herself and she wobbled about. While she regained herself, the Cheshire cat moved in her line of sight grinning ear to ear. Literally. When she regained her sight she saw him smiling and laughing at her.

"'Twas brillig and the slithy toves, did grye and grimble in the wabe. The Cheshire Cat sang out infront of her.
All mimsy and the borogoves, and the mome raths out grabe." He sang and did a small bow.

"...I need to lay off the cider..." She said as she walked back to her house. The cat scoffed and floated toward her.

"Now, whats the matter? Cat got your tongue?" He ask and pulled out her tongue. Now, her tongue didn't bleed nor did it hurt. But the pure shock of the cat doing that sent her over the edge. She gaped and boiling with anger.

"Giv' me bah mah hun!" She said.

"Your what?"

"Mah. Hun."

"Come again? I didn't catch that," He said as she ripped her tongue out of his grasp and placed it in her mouth.

"I said, Give me back mah tongue!" She yelled at the cat who in response, pulled out her tongue again. She begining to become cross with this cat. Very cross. She didn't not like being made a fool of, she did not like talking cats, (She cannot confirm nor deny that she has met any.) and she most certainly did NOT like having her tongue ripped out of her head. Twice! She took her tongue and, again, put it in her mouth.

"Now look here mister cat, I don't know who you are or where you came from and frankly I don't care but I-"

"You don't where I came from? Well I came from Cheshire! It's a wonderful place around this time a year and I must tell you, you can't find another place like it!" He said cutting her off. "And it just came to me, what is your name?" He said, smile still adorned on his face.

"Well, mah names Applejack, and this hereis Winona," She said gesturing down at the dog who had a growl on his face.

"Well Miss Applejack, I can assure you that I meant no harm. Just simple pranks," He said looking at her with his yellow eyes. He... unnerved Applejack with his fancy Canterlot accent but the more he look down on her the more she saw...

"Discord..." She whispered that accursed name and Winona backed up in fright.

"I-I-I beg pardon? No, I'm The Cheshire Cat. Not this Discord..." He said with a smile that would split anyponies face in two, save for Pinkie Pie. "But... if you think that I am dangerous, well you have yet to meet the Bandersnatch, or the Jabberwocky," He said as faded in the air.

"Wait, what are you talking about? Are ya'll mad or sumthing?" She asked before he faded only leaving two eyes and a mouth.

"You should know... after all, we're all mad here..." He said laughing into nothing before Applejacks' very eyes.

"Well, if ain't one thang... it's another..." She said going back to work.

Author's Note:

Hehehehehe... Ches, you dog...