• Published 18th Dec 2012
  • 3,094 Views, 39 Comments

Bart and Scoots - Gazmanafc



Sweetie Belle mishaps her magic sending Scootaloo to Springfield, USA.

  • ...
8
 39
 3,094

Chapter Twenty: Lisa Eclipsed

Chapter Twenty
Lisa Eclipsed

A few hours later, Lisa woke up from her black out, she lay within Twilight Sparkle's bed in the Canterlot Library, the only pony there to greet her on waking up was Twilight Sparkle herself, everypony else had gone back to Ponyville ahead of her. Rarity felt tailoring the outfits would be best done with her own resources at Carousel Boutique rather than in the tailor shop in Canterlot.

"Huh... where am I..?" mumbles Lisa still mostly asleep.
"You passed out..." says Twilight.
"Twilight? ...Ugh. Geez. I had the strangest dream. I dreamed that Princess Celestia turned me into a unicorn."
"Well..."

Twilight uses her magic to lift the covers in a purple aura, revealing and alerting the orange unicorn filly version of Lisa.

"Wait! That wasn't a dream?!" Lisa exclaims, jumping off the bed.

The purple unicorn laughs at her response.

"You got that right. You did want to go exploring after all." Twilight replies.
"Uh... yeah, sure. It'll be weird walking on all fours..." Lisa comments.
"As I'm sure it was weird for Scootaloo to walk on two legs." Twilight retorts.
"Right. This is what I wanted, so I'll have to get used to it." Lisa notes.
"Right. Well, everypony has already left for Ponyville. Rarity prefers to work in her own shop then the one here in Canterlot, we'll be spending the week there. You're welcome to stay with me in my Library if you want." Twilight says.
"You live in a Library?" Lisa asks.
"Sure. Don't anypony do that in Springfield?" asks Twilight.
"No. Though I would if I could." Lisa replies
Twilight laughs. "Sounds like we're quite the match huh."
"Yeah."
"Okay, for now, why don't you practice walking around the room before I create a portal for us to go to Ponyville." says Twilight.
"Okay"

"Now, how did Princess and Duncan do it..." Lisa thinks to herself, Lisa tries to take a few steps forward but fails, but not one to give up, she gets back up onto her hooves and tries again, multiple times she fails. Twilight, spotting that Lisa is having some difficulty guides Lisa with getting a mental rhythm down in her mind that she can remember, though for Twilight herself, it ends up being hard to explain as walking on four legs is natural to her. "It's no wonder Korean animators have a problem animating horses" Lisa thought to herself, in the end she decided to stop thinking about how ponies walk naturally, and switch to the way a human would crawl around instead and eventually, she got it down.

"There you go, Lisa." You've got it Twilight cheered.
"Thanks. I just have to imagine that I'm crawling, rather than walking. It's not really that different after all." Lisa replies.
"Alright. Anytime you're ready. We can go to Ponyville." Twilight says.
"Okay."

Twilight fires up her magic blasting a blue orb at the wall and a portal opens, to which Twilight and Lisa both walk through arriving mere seconds later inside the Ponyville Library.

"Welcome to Ponyville, Lisa." Twilight says as the portal behind them closes. Lisa looks at all the books in the Library in awe. "This is the Golden Oaks Library which is my home"
Lisa looks around the room in awe. "Wow. Look at all these books, I can't wait to read a few!" Lisa says.
"Heheh. I know what you mean. Anyway, come on, I'll show you around town." Twilight laughs, walking towards the front door.
"Okay"

Lisa trots over to Twilight who is walking out of the door having opened it with her magic.

"So, where to first?" asks Lisa.
"Why don't we go to Carousel Boutique and check on Rarity?" Twilight suggests.
"Sure."

Twilight guides Lisa across town to Carousel Boutique, while many on-lookers mutter amongst themselves on who exactly the filly Twilight Sparkle is with, but they know better than to pry into her personal life, she's really just another pony in town unless she's saving them from unnatural disasters such as Nightmare Moon, Discord and the Changelings. But given that there's a new pony in town, they should all probably expect an invitation to Sugarcube Corner from Pinkie Pie sooner or later for a party. Once at the door to the boutique, Twilight enters the shop with Lisa following close behind, a small alarm bell rings to signify an entry.

"Coming! Welcome to Carousel Boutique, where every garment is chic, unique and..." Rarity greets as she's walking in from the other room but notices that it's Twilight. "Oh, hello Twilight, I didn't know you were back from Canterlot."
"Just got back a few minutes ago through a portal." says Twilight. "Lisa and I just came by to see how the outfits are going."
"They're coming along just fine, Twilight..." she says, noticing that the human girl isn't present. "But I notice that Lisa isn't with you...?"
"Actually..."
"I'm right here Rarity!" Lisa pipes up, walking out from behind Twilight.

Rarity sees that Lisa is now a pony.

"L-Lisa?! You're a..." Rarity gasps.
"I wanted to do some exploring, but Princess Celestia wouldn't let me for the same reasons we couldn't let Scootaloo. So I asked her to change me into a pony. Don't worry, I'll change back to normal before I go home to Springfield." Lisa replies.

Before Rarity can respond, Sweetie Belle trots in from the other room.

"Sis, what's going on in..." she turns her attention to Twilight and Lisa, "Oh, hi Twilight and..."
"Sweetie Belle, you remember Lisa don't you?" asks Rarity.
"Of course I do, where is she?" Sweetie Belle asks.
The orange unicorn filly pipes up again. "I'm right here Sweetie Belle."
"Wait... I don't get it... where's Lisa...?" Sweetie Belle asks curiously.
"She's right here, Sweetie. Lisa turned herself into a pony so she could explore Ponyville, just like how Marge turned Scootaloo human so she could explore Springfield." Rarity explains.
"Oh! Now I get it!" Sweetie Belle cheers. "Come on, Lisa! I'll show you our Crusader Clubhouse! Oooh! Maybe you can become a Crusader!"
"Um... okay... sure. If that's okay with you Twilight?" asks Lisa.
"Don't sweat it Lisa. Maybe it'll be better if you're shown around by someone your own age." replies Twilight.
"Great!" says Sweetie Belle, "follow me Lisa, see you later Twilight"
"Bye, Sweetie Belle." says Twilight.

Sweetie Belle races out of Carousel Boutique, while Lisa trots out at a walking pace. Sweetie Belle too excited about the possibility of another new crusader since Apple Bloom's cousin, Babs Seed. By the time she reaches Sugarcube Corner, Sweetie Belle notices that Lisa is still lagging far behind.

"C'mon Lisa!" She yells.
"Hold up, Sweetie Belle. I'm still getting used to walking on all fours. I've only been a pony for a few hours you know." Lisa replies.
"Oh." Sweetie Belle says apologetically. "Sorry."
"It's fine. Just slow down a little." Lisa replies understanding. "So where's your clubhouse?"
"It's at Sweet Apple Acres. Its Applejack's farm" Sweetie Belle answers.

After twenty minutes of walking through the town, Lisa and Sweetie Belle reach the orchards of Sweet Apple Acres, closer to the farmhouse, the two fillies find Apple Bloom practicing her apple bucking on a tree while being watched on by Applejack, the two unicorn fillies approach the two youngest Apples, to which Applejack notices.

"Well howdy there Sweetie Belle, who's yer friend?" asks Applejack.
Lisa answers for Sweetie Belle. "I'm Lisa, Applejack. Princess Celestia did the reverse of what we did to Scootaloo in Springfield, and made me a pony."
"Well, I'll be. Didn't take much for you to suggest the idea did it?" Applejack laughs.
Lisa laughs with her. "I guess not. I'm staying with Twilight for the week, while Rarity finishes the outfits for everyone to go to Springfield."
"That's mighty nice there Lisa. Ah'm sure that'll you'll get along great with Twilight." comments Applejack. "So, what y'all doin' now?"
"I was just about to show Lisa our clubhouse!" exclaims Sweetie Belle.
"Oh really now?" asks Applejack, turning to her younger sister "Why don't you run along too Apple Bloom? You got some mighty fine applebucking practice in today, y'all are stronger than ah was at your age"
"Really? You mean it?!" asks Apple Bloom.
"Sure I do. Now run along"

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle turn around with Lisa in tow to the opposite end of the orchard, where a treehouse is located. Inside, are various nick-nacks from previous crusades. Including a bullseye on the floor, a drawing of the town on the wall, and a piece of paper hung on the wall bearing drawings of each of the Crusaders with a line next to them to which Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle each have ticks next to their name, but Scootaloo has an x next to hers, Lisa assumed that it was some kind of roll-call they had, so naturally, Scootaloo would have been absent from their meetings since she was stuck in Springfield.

"So Lisa, what do you think? Do you want to join the Crusaders?" asks Sweetie Belle.

Apple Bloom, now having a proper look at Lisa's flank notices that something is there.

"Um, Sweetie Belle, have y'all had a chance to look at Lisa...?" asks Apple Bloom.
"What do you mean?" both Sweetie Belle and Lisa ask, but for different reasons.
"Ah mean, this..." Apple Bloom says trotting over to Lisa and pointing at her saxophone-branded flank.
"OH COME ON!" Sweetie Belle shouts at full volume, "YOU have your cutie mark already!?"
"My what?" Lisa asks. "Scootaloo mentioned details about them, but nothing too in-depth."
Apple Bloom is alot calmer than Sweetie Belle at this point. "Ah Cutie Mark is something we ponies earn when we find our special talent. The purpose of the Cutie Mark Crusaders is to find ours together. How in Equestria did you get yours? You were human only a few hours ago!" she comments.
"Oh well. I guess my skills with my sax carry over. I've always been good with Jazz music, enough that I can save entire recitals on my own with extended sax solos, there's even been times when Mr. Largo won't even include any compositions for me to play, and will just let me wing it. When we get to Springfield, I can show you if you'd like. Maybe this is implying what my future is going to be like."
"What do you mean 'imply' your future is set now." comments Sweetie Belle.
"Yeah, once you've found your special talent, that's what ya do for the rest of yer life" adds Apple Bloom.
"Not where I come from. In Springfield, you can have multiple talents.." says Lisa.
"So, ya'll mean that IS possible to have multiple cutie marks?" asks Apple Bloom.
"I don't know. On Earth, symbols for your skills aren't emblazoned across parts of your body." says Lisa. "Well, unless you paid for a tattoo of them of course, but that would be weird."
"Oh... well, would you like to be a Crusader anyway?" asks Sweetie Belle, "you could at least try to help us get ours."
"Sorry, Sweetie Belle. But I can't."
Sweetie Belle pouts, "Aww... but why not?"
"Don't get me wrong I'd love to." Lisa says explaining her point of view "But you have to see the feasibility in it. Once the Christmas play is over, and Scootaloo comes home to Equestria, I'll be staying at home in Springfield. There's little point in me engaging with your crusades."

Sweetie Belle still seems hurt that Lisa turned them down though, Apple Bloom understands Lisa's perspective.

"Lisa's right Sweetie Belle. If her world doesn't have Cutie Marks, then there's no point in her crusadin'. It's not like she's going to turn around and bully us all week..." Apple Bloom says, trying to cheer up her unicorn friend.
"I'm not like that." affirms Lisa, "you're both my friends, just as much as Scootaloo is."
"Great" says Apple Bloom, "how 'bout we take y'all to Sugarcube Corner?"
"Okay, but what's Sugarcube Corner?" asks Lisa.
"It's a bakery." says Sweetie Belle "Pinkie Pie lives there with the Cakes. Oh, you'd probably be best prepared for a party."
"Why?" asks Lisa
"Pinkie Pie has a party for every new pony in Ponyville." Apple Bloom answers. "In fact, ah wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't already been set up."
"Already? But I haven't seen Pinkie since coming to Ponyville. How could she know that I'm here?" Lisa asks.
"Twilight or Rarity could have talked to her while we were here." replies Sweetie Belle.
"But that was probably no more than twenty minutes ago!" yells Lisa, "There's no way Pinkie could have set up a party that quickly!"
"Lisa, trust us, when it comes to Pinkie Pie, you're best throwing all perceptions of reality out the window." says Sweetie Belle, deadpanned.

Lisa just looks at Sweetie Belle with a puzzled look ready to ask what she means, but she's interrupted by Apple Bloom who's trotting to the front door of the clubhouse.

"You'll see what we mean when you get there Lisa." she says.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle guide Lisa to Sugarcube Corner, which is constructed out of various candies, it's a store that would make her father's mouth water, as the trio enter the building they discover that sure enough, the place is decorated with various banners and streamers with a large amount of sugary party foods a large crowd of Ponyville locals are also gathered in the main lobby of the building.

Pinkie Pie jumps out from among them to shout, "Surprise! Welcome to Ponyville, Lisa!"

Lisa was left flabbergasted staring at the crowd in front of her...