• Published 18th Dec 2012
  • 3,094 Views, 39 Comments

Bart and Scoots - Gazmanafc



Sweetie Belle mishaps her magic sending Scootaloo to Springfield, USA.

  • ...
8
 39
 3,094

Chapter Seventeen: Day of the Equines

Chapter Seventeen
Day of the Equines

Bart quickly shut his game down and turned the TV off before grabbing his trusty slingshot just incase and headed out the door with Rainbow Dash in tow. In the next room, Lisa also shut down her computer, and then headed out with Twilight also in tow.

The two kids met with the two mares at the front door to the house, with Bart opening up and taking the lead of the group.

"So how are we going to get to the studio?" asks Twilight.
"Uh... I haven't thought that far ahead. Lisa and I can just take our bikes but..." says Bart
"...and I have these babies!" Rainbow Dash says as she flairs her wings out.
"Not everypony can go rolling around at the speed of sound, Rainbow" comments Twilight.
"Says the pony who can instantly transmit herself anywhere she so pleases" retorts Rainbow Dash.
"Hey, I got an idea!" says Bart "Follow me"

Bart guides Lisa, as well as the two ponies to the garage where two cars sit, as well as another vehicle covered with a sheet.

"This, is how we'll get downtown." Bart says.

He yanks the sheet off the vehicle, it's a white rocket shaped car with three wheels and two seats, and a steering wheel. Blazoned across the sides was lettering titled "HONOR ROLLER," it was the soapbox racer that he raced against Nelson in for a friend, Martin Prince.

"Bart, that's Martin's soapbox racer, how can that get you downtown?" asks Lisa.
"Well, after the final race, Martin had it fitted with a moped engine. This is about as close as I'll ever get to having a moped so I stole it from him." says Bart.
"WHAT?! And Martin hasn't found out about it yet?" exclaims Lisa.
"Heheh. Nope. For a kid who's supposed to be one of the top students in school, he's a dimwit" laughs Bart.

Twilight takes note at the design and the number of seats in the Honor Roller.

"Bart, I'm sure you've noticed that this thing only has two seats right?" she asks.
"Yeah. So only me and Scootaloo can fit." he replies
"But what about the rest of us?" Rainbow Dash questions.
"Well, we have plenty of red wagons that we can attach to the back of this thing for Twilight to ride in, Lisa can use her bike, and as you stated yourself, Rainbow Dash, you can fly." Bart comments.
"W-What? You want me to ride in a wagon?" says Twilight.
"Aw c'mon Twilight, it's not any different than Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle getting towed around Ponyville by Scootaloo" chimes in Rainbow Dash.
"Yeah, but they're fillies, and despite her speed alone, Scootaloo can't go too fast when she's towing her friends."
"This thing can get some decent speed of about 20 miles per hour on a good day, but since Lisa has to ride her bike, I won't be able to drive very fast so that she can keep up, so don't worry too much." says Bart.

Twilight pauses for a second to think.

"There isn't really any other option is there?" she asks.
"Afraid not." says Bart.

The four work on getting the Honor Roller ready to drive downtown and after about 15 minutes of work, the four are ready to head out, Lisa jumps onto her bike, and Rainbow Dash takes to the skies, Bart jumps into the drivers seat of the Honor Roller, and Twilight Sparkle sits in the wagon attached to the rear of the Honor Roller, using her magic, Twilight made minor modifications to the wagon to feature straps that were secured to the rear of the Honor Roller, over her shoulders and attached to the rear of the wagon.

"Okay, lets roll!" says Bart as he starts up the engine.

Arriving half an hour later downtown Springfield in the 7G12 studio, Bart and Lisa guide Twilight and Rainbow Dash to the most likely place that Sideshow Bob would be in, the original studio that Sideshow Bob used for his own show, so much so that the sets on stage were still set for Sideshow Bob's show, not Krusty's. The group infiltrated the building by making use of torchlight provided through Twilight's magic. They approached via the bleachers and hid behind the last row, where they could get a decent vantage point and survey the situation.

On the stage was Scootaloo, tied to a chair. Her hands and legs were both bound to the chair with rope. She wasn't gagged nor was she blindfolded, so she could still see and speak, she was simply rendered immobile, though despite this, she was still extremely frigidity.

Sideshow Bob was sitting in the front row opposite her with his back turned to Bart's group, he was already half asleep.

"So what's the plan?" asks Rainbow Dash.
"The same thing we normally do, I'll distract Sideshow Bob while you free Scootaloo." says Bart.
"How are you going to distract him?" questions Twilight.
"I haven't thought of that, I usually just like to wing it." he says.
"Alright. Lets do it to it then" Rainbow Dash replies.

Everyone just stares at her.

"What, I've always wanted to say that for some reason" she says.
"Ugh. Whatever. Lets just go" Bart says.

Bart gets up from behind the bleachers and stealthy approaches Sideshow Bob, where out of nowhere, he jumps onto Sideshow Bob's shoulders and places his hands over his eyes, Sideshow Bob reacts instantly.

"Hey, what the...?" he shouts.
"Guess who!" Bart says
"...Maris?" asks Sideshow Bob.
"Guess again!"

This time, Sideshow Bob grabs Bart and brings him in front of him.

"Hello, Bart" Sideshow Bob says with an evil grin. "To what do I own this pleasure?"

While Bart keeps Sideshow Bob occupied on his own, Lisa leads Twilight and Rainbow Dash to the chair that Scootaloo is tied to, but Rainbow Dash tells Lisa and Twilight to hold back, silently telling them that she would want a moment alone with the young pegasus turned human.

"Pssst." Rainbow Dash whispers, but Scootaloo doesn't respond. "Pssst. Hey squirt!"
Scootaloo stirs. "Huh...?"
"Squirt, it's me!"
"R-Rainbow Dash?" Scootaloo says groggily, which after a few moments, she realises who she's know talking to. "RAINBOW DASH! You're here!"
"That's right squirt. We're here to get you out of here."

Rainbow Dash signals for Lisa and Twilight to come over, without a word, Lisa goes behind Scootaloo to start untying her bonds, while Twilight joins Rainbow Dash.

"Twilight, you're here too?" she asks.
"Of course Scootaloo. I did promise you that I'd find a way home for you."
"T-Thanks Twilight. I don't know what to say."
"You don't need to say anything. Lets focus on getting you free." Twilight says.

Just then, the bonds that tied Scootaloo down are released, and Lisa steps forward.

"There. You're free Scootaloo, lets go check with Bart."

The boy seemed to be able to hold his own against Sideshow Bob who had pulled out a knife from somewhere and is chasing Bart around the room. Noticing this, Twilight fires up her magic to cause the knife to turn into a banana just as Sideshow Bob makes a stab for Bart's head.

"Hah! Take that!" Bart says.
"What trickery is this?!" Sideshow Bob questions, loudly.
"It's magic" says Twilight.
"Brilliant, so, this girl was telling the truth earlier, there really are magical talking ponies."
"Yes there are, not that anybody will know besides from the Simpsons" says Rainbow Dash.
"Are you sure on that?"
"Of course." says Rainbow Dash as she takes to the air then starts to fly at extreme speeds around Sideshow Bob that he can't keep up, creating a tornado of rainbow colours behind her, when she stops, Sideshow Bob's hair is now sporting an afro, which causes Rainbow Dash to fall on the floor laughing.
"Was that it?" Sideshow Bob asks.
"No. I've had my fun, Get him Twi" she says with a grin.

Without a word, Twilight fires up her magic once more and immobilises Sideshow Bob.

"W-What's going on, I can't move!" he shouts.
"You'll see" Twilight says.

With minimal magical effort, Twilight levitates Sideshow Bob to the chair that previously held Scootaloo down, and forces him to sit in it. Her magical aura then surrounds the ropes as well, Twilight uses them to bound Sideshow Bob just like Scootaloo was bound.

"There, now you'll know what it feels like." she says.
"Good job Twilight" says Bart. "Even though, I totally could've handled Sideshow Bob on my own"
"Sure you could've Bart." Says Lisa, "Lets just call Chief Wiggum"

Lisa pulls out her cellphone and dials 911.

An hour or so later, Chief Wiggum arrives with his assistants, Lou and Eddie all in their nightwear.

"So you're saying that Sideshow Bob kidnapped you from school for no apparent reason" asks Chief Wiggum.
"Yeah." says Scootaloo.
"And then Bart distracted him long enough to set you free where he ran into a wall and knocked himself out?"
"Yup." she replies again.
"That wasn't the way it happened! It was the blasted talking ponies!" Sideshow Bob exclaims.
"Sure it was." Chief Wiggum says sarcastically. "Take him to the loony bin, boys" Chief Wiggum says as Lou and Eddie load Sideshow Bob into the back of the police van and drive away.

"Whew. What a night." Lisa says, "lets go home and get some sleep." as the group head to where the Honor Roller is parked so that they can head on back to 742.