• Published 20th Dec 2012
  • 5,015 Views, 61 Comments

Family Ties - The Blackcuno



Separated due to unforseen events at birth, Twilight finds out that a certain changeling has more in common with her than fist meets the eye

  • ...
20
 61
 5,015

Chapter 3 - Into the Depths

Chapter 3 – Into the Depths

Chrysalis blinked the sleep out of her eyes as she was staring down at the floor. Her head felt heavier than normal and her body didn’t move. She looked harder and noticed that she was encased. Not in a cocoon like food was, but as a prisoner would be for interrogation.

“Buck” she muttered. Trying to teleport, she felt her magic ebb away from her. Glancing up so that stars began to form in her vision she noted that her horn was also encased.

“Yeah, it’s encased” a voice said. Chrysalis stopped and turned to face the sound. The mare she had captured was there. Twilight Sparkle, in the same predicament, “And yeah, we are in this together now. Thanks for that by the way”

“What? Don’t blame me. I wasn’t in control of my body. Amaryllis took control by that crown thingy” she replied. The mare at her side sighed, “Before you go jumping to any conclusions. I tried to warn Canterlot about this”

“Wait? Why would you your one of them” Twilight stated sounding rather confused.

“I'm not a true changeling, never was” she said. Twilight chuckled, “What is so funny about that?”

“So you’re a runt then?” Twilight asked.

“So says the mare with orange mane and tail that tried to keep it hidden for twenty years” Chrysalis replied. Twilight’s face turned red in anger, “Or the fact that you have been in her shadow for years never seeing what you truly were capable of?”

“Tun sie nitch sie wagen, Celestia darin zu bingen” Twilight snarled. She had reverted back to Germane than English.

“Wait, what?” Chrysalis asked. “Did you just speak Germane?”

Twilight remained tight lipped, her temper was still there, but she didn't need to answer that. “I was told my implant mother had a Germaney husband” Chrysalis said. Twilight stopped and actually listened this time. “I never got to meet them either. I was taken away by Celestia shortly after I was born and dumped on the wasteland borders. Amaryllis was like a mother to me, but she expected too much and I knew she despised me for not being a true changeling”

“When was that?” Twilight asked.

Chrysalis looked at her, “22 years ago roughly”

“I'm sorry. For what it’s worth, I lost a sister so many years ago as well, around the same time. Turns out that Celestia may have been behind it all along” Twilight said. Both mares looked at each other to which a silence ensured. “This was due to the fact that she was a Changeling Larva at the time. You don’t think that?” twilight asked, “I mean seriously if that was possible?”

“Maybe, But right now I'm more concerned about stopping Amaryllis. Can you not get out at all?” Chrysalis asked “Also, I'm not Chrysalis. The name’s Evening Star by the way, that’s my birth name”

The penny dropped on Twilight. She was staring wide eyed at her sister. The sister she thought was dead was encased to her throat next to her. The thought that Celestia had been lying this whole time drove her up the wall, she hated liars.

“Celestia knew it” Twilight said, the colours form her coat draining to white. “She knew it all along and didn’t tell me?”

Evening Star tried to break out as waves of heat began to emanate from Twilight as she began to pant in anger.

“How could she do this!” she shouted, her goo soaked mane and tail ignited in pure orange flames, boiling away the spire she was attached.

Within seconds she landed on the floor, fetlocks on fire, mane and tail ignited, her eyes pure red. Evening Star looked on in amazement, but noticed that there was no heat emanating from her. Even she looked confused at the idea that she was currently on fire and not feeling it.

“Well this is new” Twilight said. She sounded oddly calm but walked up to Chrysalis/Evening Star. “Hold still” she said firmly.
Within seconds Evening was freed as well and the spire nothing more than ash. Evening Star hugged her as the flames died down and she returned to normal. Twilight was hesitant at first, but hugged back.

“We still need to stop the wedding” Evening stated.

“Grab on” Twilight said, holding out her hoof

“What are you talking about?” Evening asked as she held the hoof with her own. With the sound of a snap, both mares disappeared in a bright violet light.

~0~0~

As Twilight and Evening Star arrived in the foyer, it was to utter chaos. Everywhere they looked there was changelings pouncing on unicorns and tying them up with the same green goo, or placing them into pods for transport.

“What the hay happened?” Twilight asked. She felt a hoof grab hers and she looked down to watch in amazement, and disbelief, as azure flames engulfed her. It came from her sister who had her hoof to her lips in an utterance of silence.

It was like an army of ant’s crawling all over her. Within seconds she felt odd but she was all in one piece, she also noted that she could feel the saddle like attachment against her; she also felt buzzing behind her shoulders. Glancing back she gasped at the light purple saddle carapace and the light purple wings

“Chill sis” Evening star said as Twilight looked at the holes now adorning her hooves. “I simply used my magic to superimpose a Changeling form on you until we can get to your friends. I don’t know how long it will last so we need to hurry”

“Where would Amaryllis hold them?” Twilight asked, not realising that she was now hovering 2 inches off the floor.

“Hold on” Evening Star said. She grabbed the nearest Changeling drone and spurted some kind of buzz at it. It cowered in response before buzzing something back. Evening Star buzzed something back, louder this time causing it to flee in panic.
“What was that all about?” Twilight asked.

“Let’s just say, I have a way with words. They are being held in the main hall” she said back. “Also sis, you are hovering you know?”

Twilight looked down before falling in realisation into a heap. Her new wings buzzed in annoyance as Evening Star helped her up, stifling a laugh.

“Not funny” twilight said pouting. Evening smirked, before helping her up. “This way to the throne room”

~0~0~

“You will not get away with this Amaryllis” Cadance shouted, her legs imbedded up to the knees in green crystallised goo.
“I already have. Feeding off Twilight ever since I got my hooves on her” she said walking up to Cadance. Shining Armour was suspended from the roof with Celestia and the rest of the bearers of harmony in cocoons. “I must say, it tasted rather oddly like oranges considering she usually goes with purple”

Twilight and Evening star entered the chamber, though now coated in liberal amounts of green goo. This made it look like something out of a B grade Sci-Fi movie. They hid behind a pillar as Amaryllis paced around Cadance, laughing at her success.

“Even with Chrysalis being the nuisances that she was; this was all too perfect of a plan, not even that runt could foul it up” she said.

Twilight looked over to see Evening Star shake in anger. Twilight placed her hoof on her, “You’re my sister, not a runt. Time to show this ‘queen’ what we can do”

Evening nodded and watched as Twilight walked out into the open and approached the queen. “My queen, I have some grave news. The traitor Chrysalis and the mare Twilight have escaped” she said bowing before the queen.
Amaryllis flicked out both insect wings and jumped at the comment. Before composing herself she spoke up. “What; How did this happen!”

“The one called Twilight somehow used fire generated from her body. She escaped with Chrysalis. Last we heard, they were heading to the main amphitheatre where the elements were held”

“Very well, thank you for informing me. Cadance looks like our time together is up I shall return once I have that bitch in my hooves”

“Don’t you dare call her that” Cadance said, spitting into the queens face.

“Backbone, I like that” she said storming off in a flurry of wing movement.

Twilight walked up to Cadance, who glared at her. “Don’t give me that. I just saved your skin” Twilight stated.
“Who are you?” Cadance asked.

“Sunshine, sunshine ladybugs awake; Do a little dance and a little shake” Twilight said doing the motions as she did. “It’s me Twilight”

“Twilight; but why do you look like one of them!?” Cadance asked.

“That was my magic” Evening Star said, “Twilight got us both out of the prison below and I got us here. We won’t have much time before Amaryllis returns”

“And you are?” Cadance asked

“Changeling wise I am the traitor Chrysalis. Birth name Evening Star. I prefer the latter” she said

“Can you get them out of the cocoons evening?” Twilight asked. Evening buzzed up to the first one, it held Shining Armour.
“I can try, but no guarantees. Your Pyromatic magic would work so much better” She replied. Burying her horn into the goo cable, she sliced the cocoon clean off and watched as it hit the floor with a loud ‘splotch’ noise. As it hit the ground, a seam split open expelling the confused and dazed Shining Armour, coated in a light layer of goo giving him a healthy green coloured coat.

Coughing up more of the goo as he staggered upright, he glanced over to see a pair of Changelings. One was helping him out and the other was helping out Cadance. The one helping Cadance out looked almost like Twilight. The other one helping him out of the pod looked roughly like Twilight, but subtle differences such as the mane and tail styles were different.

“Need a hoof up?” Evening asked. Shinning looked at her then shook his head. “Your loss, Twilight we don’t have much time left before Amaryllis gets-“

“-back?” the queen dead panned walking in, at her sides was a pair of Changelings. “Bravo on getting out my dear Chrysalis”

“It’s Evening Star” she replied. Shining looked confused at the comment from the changeling that was helping him. Now that he looked closely she was more akin to a pony than an actual changeling. Then he recalled the name as his dead sister, that couldn’t be right. Same name he thought, co-incidence, but they never found the body.

“Insolent wretch and I must say kudos to the transfer of changeling powers onto Twilight for a small duration” The queen said as flames began to lick around Twilights fetlocks. “Fooled me enough to get halfway to the amphitheatre before realising my mistake”

“You know what Amaryllis-” Her coat changing to normal then beginning to drain to white “-you strut around like you own the place. Capturing mares and colts for food”

Amaryllis took a step back as the mare ignited completely, her eyes becoming red, coat pure white and flames for her mane and tail. “I really am beginning to despise you as much as Celestia right now” Twilight said as she stepped forward, flame rings erupting from each hoof as she walked to the central point.

“Oh and what is a little unicorn going to do to stop me? My army is all over Canterlot, Their leader’s food for myself. All you got is this pathetic attempt at pyromatics” Amaryllis replied. Her tone will of sarcasm. “Go on little one. Burn me, you will fail. I have been feeding off you ever since Chrysalis brought you in”

Twilight felt something drain from her; it was like all the joy was being sucked out of her leaving nothing but coldness. She swayed as the flames died down, her mane and tail returned to the rich orange as before, much to Shinning Armour’s surprise.

“Felt that did you? Perhaps you should have just given up. A Lot easier than me doing this” she said. A beam of pure love jetted out of her heart which was visible to all. It condensed around the holes in her horn and Hooves. She breathed in and let out a soft burp. “Much better”

“Twilight, are you okay” Evening Star asked, “What’s happening to her?”

“Her body has just run out of love” Amaryllis said. “I like to call it withdrawal symptoms. Good night Twilight”
Twilight swayed harder, her eyes retaining the red before reverting and rolling up and she collapsed onto the floor in a heap. Unconscious

“Twili!” Shinning shouted

“Twilight no” Cadance muttered. Both watched as Evening Star rushed up grabbing her.

“Common sis, don’t give up please. Don’t” she muttered, tears falling.

“All too late little traitors” Amaryllis said, “She is too far gone to be saved. Savour this moment, for when she is loyal to me for the love and warmth of the hive, you will beg to be like her”

“You’re wrong” Evening star said, “She will survive and beat the ever-loving buck out of you”

Amaryllis smirked as she grabbed Evening with her magic and slammed her into a nearby pillar. The sound of her scream as her spine and carapace broke sent shivers through Cadance and Shining Armour.

Author's Note:

Been busy and have not been able to put new chapters up. hopefully this will change.