• Published 17th Dec 2012
  • 1,060 Views, 8 Comments

The Conversion Bureau: Caught in the Middle - no sh*t sherlock



When you're doing something illegal with a lot of money involved, trouble will find you. Especially in Equestria.

  • ...
8
 8
 1,060

Chapter Two: Work

Work

I looked at my watch. 10:27am, the guy was seven minutes late. This made me slightly nervous. I already didn't like when people were late. I unfolded the news paper and held it front of my face. I didn't really care what it said. The ongoing legal battle between PIER and H.A.D.C over the Dual Conversion Bureaus didn't really interest me.

I could see past how PIER looked on the outside, I knew about all the shady shit they kept hidden. They brought in huge shipments every month, usually alcohol, drugs or meat, to then resell around Equestria. The money helped fund their huge organization. Usually they resold to places like far away places like Appleoosa or even as far as Saddle Arabia, so they were no threat to me and the area that I stayed

But sometimes, like two weeks ago, they ship in something else. What the hell would an equal rights group need with Equestrian Military grade weapons? I wondered. Buts that's another reason why hardly anyone messed with them. No one wants to do a job for them when they're holding the both the money and the weapons. One might deliver something for them, then find themselves taken out so PIER wouldn't have to pay.

I was in my thoughts when I heard a voice from behind my newspaper.

"Here's your cup of warm water." a female voice said. I put down the paper to see a unicorn levitating my cup onto the table.

I smiled. "Thank you." I nodded.

"So you ready to order yet?" she asked.

I looked out the window from the booth I was sitting at. I still didn't see them. I sighed. "No not yet, but I will be soon."

She nodded and started walking away when I got a good look at her. She was kinda cute. A nice light blue mane, darker blue body. In a split second I decided to try my luck.

"But you're welcome to sit down, beautiful." I called. The entire dinner towards us, waiting for her response. I sunk down a little in my seat, maybe I'd spoken a bit too loud.

"Maybe not." She said simply and kept waling. Ah, so rejection feels the same coming from human or pony. I thought.There were a couple snickers from humans and ponies alike, but I wasn't too fazed. There were other females out there.

I sighed and folded up the paper. I took a sip of the water and looked out the window. Finally I saw what I wanted. A sleek, black Equestrian car rolled into the parking lot. It parked a couple spaces down from my van and three guys got out., a pegasus, unicorn exited the back and a regular dude squeezed out from the cramped passenger seat They all wore some type of dark suit and took a look around the parking lot. After they checked everything out, the regular guy headed for the door.

I reached down on the seat next to me and grabbed my blue and gold Wonderbolts hat. I thought it was pretty ugly, but it would attract attention like nothing else. The guy came in and looked around. I tilted my head down a little so he could see the front better.

When he did, he came to my booth and sat down. I held my watch up so he could see.

"17 minutes late." I said. "That stuffs got to stay refrigerated."

"Yeah sorry about about." He said."I think it'll be fine.

"So." I said as I took off my hat and scratched my head. "I've got what you want, but do you have what I want?

He reached into his pocket and brought out a small brown bag. "50 bits for the Pork." He said as he tossed it on the table. I opened and brushed through it as he brought out two more. "Another 100 for the chicken and 100 beef steak. All in 10 bit pieces" He tossed the other two bags.

After I felt each one, I placed my keys on the table. I picked it up by my car remote and ran my finger over a red button.

"When I push this, the back of my van will open." I said as he looked out the window. "Its the blue one."

"Alright then. "He said getting up from his seat.


"Whoa whoa whoa. There's more than that." I stopped him and he quickly say back down. "When it opens, there will be a handle on the floor. DO NOT pull it up." I said firmly. "Instead push the entire area down and slide it back. You'll see your stuff there."

The guy looked towards the van, then back at me. "And if it isn't?" I asked trying to sound hard. I had to keep myself from laughing. Guys like this always tried to intimidate me.

"It'll be there, so lets just not think about it." I said calmly.

The guy looked annoyed, but made no objections and went back outside to his guys. He conversed with them and them moved their car next to my truck. I cringed as the parked very close. I didn't need any scratches on my stuff.

They popped their trunk and stood behind my van looking at me through the window. That's when I pressed the button and they all followed my instructions. I watch the pounds of meat being transferred from my possession to theirs.

When it was all done, they got in their car and left. My job was over. I closed my trunk again and raised up my hand.


"Excuse me, miss?" I called to the pony again. "I'm ready to order now."