• Published 8th Dec 2012
  • 2,325 Views, 53 Comments

My Celestia - Greengrass



Celestia is gone, a replica has taken her place as regent of the sun and Twilight find herself on the brink of a depression.

  • ...
9
 53
 2,325

Part 1. Welcome home

Twilight and Luna watched as the guards and Spike dragged the heavy load of luggage into a carriage. They had to use an extra carriage for her stuff alone, most of that pile consisted of books. The sun was almost rising, the sky coloring a pink hue. Twilight sighed and Luna gave here quick nuzzle to ease her mind.

“Don’t worry Twilight, I’ll come and check up on you every time I can. And your parents are there for you as well. You’ll be in good hooves.”

Twilight nodded, thankful for Luna’s good care. “Thanks sis.”

Luna smiled at her, it’s been a while that she had called her that. She was sure it was a first sign of Twilight becoming better, a very small one, but it was a start.

By now guards were almost finished and as they were making the last adjustments to the cart Luna and Twilight were joined by a white alicorn. From the sky she descended and with the graze of a swan she landed next to them on the great stone landing strip. She immediately directed her attention to Twilight who looked up at her. The purple was trying to keep her expression neutral.

“I hope you find what you need with your friends. I don’t know you, and you don’t like me but I still care for you. I don’t want to see anypony sad. I’m sorry for what I have done to you.” Twilight shook her head. Not because she didn’t agree but she didn’t want to hear this at the moment. She wanted to get away from this place and from her.

“Don’t, I… It’s not your fault, I see that now. I have been behaving like little filly. It was wrong for me to blame you.” She looked at the white alicorn, who smiled at her words. It looked like she didn’t notice the obvious lies.

“I’m happy to hear that, but still, get better.” She came closer to Twilight give her a nuzzle but the purple pony flinched at her movement. The white alicorn noticed and pretended to just walk past her towards Luna. The white mare looked to Luna, straight in to her eyes and Luna glared back at her. The little exchange of silent words went unnoticed by Twilight and Luna was happy for that.

“Come on Twilight” Luna spoke to break the silence and averted her eyes from the white alicorn.
“It’s time to leave.”
Twilight picked up a last piece of luggage, a purple bag with her cutie mark sewn in both sides. One of the guards wanted to take it from her but she resisted. Instead she gave it to spike who carefully handled the bag as if his life depended on it.
Together they stepped in the carriage, spike sat down at the front and looked on as Twilight and Luna shared a last hug.
“Don’t worry Twilight, things will come around, I promise.” Luna was happy she was hugging the little pony because her eyes couldn’t hide the feelings she felt with these lies. But Spike saw them very clearly, and Luna mouthed him the words “Please don’t tell” and Spike gave a nod.

“Fly guards, as fast but safe as you can!” Luna commanded the guards and they gave a loud salute before galloping to the edge of the landing strip and flying in the early morning horizon. Luna watched her little sister leave and with every second her regrets seemed to grow.

“You are a bad liar Luna of the night.”

The white Alicorn stopped to sit down next to Luna and grinned at her but Luna only gave her a scowl.
“And you are a very good one, which is worse?” The white mare rustled her wings in unease that her cover was blown but at heart she was not really surprised that Luna had found out.

“Well, does it matter? They both hurt the same.”

Luna didn’t answer even if Anor was right; she just left her in silence. Together they watched on after the carriage until minutes after it had disappeared in the visible sky. Luna had lied for Twilight’s sake, saying that she would find out what happened but also because she had too. But what did she expect to happen? That Twilight would eventually come over her sadness and forget her lies, forget about Celestia.

“No.” Luna decided, she would tell her the truth when the time is right and until that time Luna will do everything to make Twilight feel happy again. And she won’t be doing it alone. Without warning Luna rose from the ground and dived into the depths from Canterlot Mountain. Anor didn’t do anything and just watched her; she trusted that the night princess would make the right decision even if they aren’t always the best.

The white mare sighed.

“They are something Celestia, but still, I won’t rethink my decision.”

“It was almost evening when the royal carriage arrived at their destination. In the east the sun was lowering beneath the horizon to make place for the night. Twilight knew that somewhere an alicorn was lowering the sun, an alicorn that was not meant to. The sun didn’t seem to share her opinion; it descended as it did every day, no hesitation and no questions. Why is it betraying her and why did Celestia let it?

Twilight didn’t have much to time to think as the cart landed on the soft earth of the world below, panicked by the sudden movements she fumbled for the edge of the cart when they bounced on the ground to a standstill. The young mare sighed when she seemed to have survived the crash-landing. She stepped out of the cart and stretched her body; sitting down for such a long time was hurtful even if the carriage had expensive cushioning on the inside.

Spike didn’t have that problem, he had been sleeping during the entire ride but the landing had him wake up in a scare. He ruffled his scales as a bump formed on the back of his head. He cursed the guards silently, grumbling the words rather than speaking them. He jumped from the cart and took Twilight personal bag with him.

Knowing that her most important things were with spike she let the rest of her luggage in the hands of the guards. Together with spike she walked towards the tree that was her Library and home. The ride had taken much longer then she had expected.

“Uh Twilight, weren’t we going to your parents”? Spike asked.
“Yes.”
“Then why are we in Ponyville?” It suddenly dawned on Twilight; the tree right in front of her, sugarcube corner and Rarity’s boutique in the distance and not to mention the long flight. She looked around and saw everything familiar of her hometown just to confirm it. The unicorn was about to ask what the hay was going on when the front door of her house exploded in a rainbow explosion of streamers, confetti and cakes.

“Welcome home!”

The force of the party explosion made her fall down on her haunches with a loud gasp. Inside her door were all of her friends and to her surprise even her mother and father! Her friends ran up to her and picked her up before suffocating her in the love of a group hug.

“What is happening, what are you doing here? What am I doing here? I thought I told Luna that I wanted to go home at my parents?” Her friends just laughed and made way for Twilight parents.

“Well, here they are!” Twilight jumped up and took them in a big hug for a very long time. She didn’t know why holding her mother and father felt so good. She had missed them so much; it’s been a long time since they had seen each other.
“I thought it would be nice if you could at least spend one night with your friends, to say goodbye.” Said a voice from above, everyone looked up and looked how Luna slowly landed next to the group with a smile.

“I had made the guards change their directions and messaged everyone with the plan.”

Twilight looked at each of her friends, her parents and her sister. Their faces showed happiness because she was here and their eyes filled with sadness for what she going through. How could she forget about her friends, even think that she didn’t need them. They would always be there for her. Honest and loyal, kind and generous just make her happy, to make her laugh.

“Come here girls.” Twilight said and they jumped at the purple mare and tackled her to the ground in a huge hug startling Twilight’s and made them jump to the side. After the scare they laughed as the friend rolled on the ground laughing and giggling.

This is home, the place where her friends are.

Author's Note:

Decided to split this on in two even if it isn't that long. Questions are welcome as long as the answer aren't revealing too much.