• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 548 Views, 10 Comments

Rifters of Equestria - AldenExMachina



An evil known as "The Silence" threatens Equestria and warriors known as Rifters will figh

  • ...
9
 10
 548

Chapter 3: Primus Intus (First Inside)

Chapter 3: Primus Intus (First Inside)

"Target is 240 meters North West. Take in consideration for Coriolis effect and wind resistance. Did ya get all that or do I have to repeat it nice and slow for ya?"
"Screw you Atlas."

I laid prone on an icy ridge high in the mountains overlooking a well guarded facility with Atlas, an Artificial Intelligence Unit that was in a way made by me, holographic-ally represented as a sphere of almost transparent amber yellow light with streams of data circling within the spherical object. Just then the communications earpiece was wearing rung in my ear. "Hey Atlas, you ever stop bitching?" It was my fellow teammate and friend Grey, listening on the comms frequency from a position closer to the facility. "I don't know Grey, you ever gonna stop busting my balls?' Atlas shot back. "Umm... Atlas, what balls?" The third member of our team Claymore, who had already infiltrated the facilities interior was enjoying this...amusing exchange of mission banter that was common with us in any situation, laid back or serious. He had trying to hack into the facility main frame to give us a better layout of the interior. We wanted to keep enemy contact to a minimum. " Last time I checked you were composed of pure information, enough neural connections to rival the human brain, and 90% hot gas." Clay said almost chuckling. We may have been acting goofy at the time but we were always on top of our game and ready for anything.

The three of us formed Primus Squad. One of the most elite and powerful Rifter teams that the Order had and I'm not just bragging here. We had had been on multiple successful missions under deadly conditions and always came back with no more than a few cuts and bruises. We had the respect, admiration, and sometimes hate of our fellow Rifters for being one of the best. It wasn't always that way when we first met. Weren't exactly friends, but I'll get to that later on. The point was that we were good and this was a mission that required our skill and team work. We had been sent to this facility to perform recon, infiltrate and gain intel on a military group known as "The Words of Silence". We gain previous intel telling us that they had been wrapped up in some secret dealings that could prove a problem so we were sent in to confirm this in a dimension primarily composed of icy tundra covered terrain.

"Clay, how are we coming on the hack, getting any closer?" Alden asked. "Give me sec, this is something you don't quite wanna rush. One file in the wrong place and this whole facility could light up like the fourth of July." Claymore said fidgeting with a datapad that was working it's way through the buildings security.
"Maybe if you didn't have the guy that sets things on fire deal with a class 5 superintendent A.I. we would be inside already." Atlas said.
"Hey, you wanna- wait, what did you say?" Claymore said suprised.
"The reason you're not making any progress is because you still think that this is a small facility maintained by a V.I. (virtual intelligence) which is really low leveled." Atlas said surprising everyone.
"So what you're saying is that this facility is so large that it requires a superintendent A.I. to run it." Alden said.
"Yes. As a matter of fact my scans show that the buildings structure extends far below us."Atlas said
"How low?" Grey said knowing he wasn't going to like the answer.
"About 3300 ft below the surface structure in a rectangular prism and there also a large center chamber half way down." Atlas said.
"Great looks like we're going spelunking" Grey said angry at the fact.
"Well, seeing as how Clay can't hack the system for us to get in were going to have to make them let us in." Alden said
"Oh really? And just how do you propose we do that?" Claymore asked
"Like this. Atlas, locate the ventilation system and the hanger bay. Were gonna set this place off." Alden said bearing a mischievous look on his face.
Atlas brought up a map of the facility and showed the interior of the facility below them, highlighting the vent system that was rooted throughout the facility like ant tunnels. Alden clicked on his mic.
"Here's how this is going to work."