• Published 17th Jan 2012
  • 1,092 Views, 19 Comments

Baking Ginger Cookies - Kumare Tanamaru



Baking Perfect Pie Christmas Chronicles

  • ...
 19
 1,092

Rainbow Dash's Gift

"Hold onto your mane kid, have I got the present for you!" Rainbow Dash said in an excited manor. "Hold out your hooves, and close your eyes!"

Chocolate did so and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Finally, he felt something on his body. He was lifted into the air by the other ponies and they put something on his hooves.

"There you go squirt! Pegasus boots. Got 'em specially made for you in Cloudsdale. They're supposed to give you something about agility or something like that."

"Let me explain," Twilight interrupted. "These boots were fabled in the times of Thequine the Great. Thequine the great was an earth pony, he was said to posses magical boots that could let him temporarily float over small gaps, jump far distances, and run at great speeds. It is said that Thequine the Great was around during Celestia's reign, but we don't know for sure. Research shows that he helped defeat an army of Draconiquis in the Draco-Pony war. He used these boots to lure most of the Draconiqui into the beam of harmony when Celestia and Luna had power over the Elements of Harmony. Luna then used her powers to banish the Draconiqui to an island not far from where your father was born. It's a secluded island, but the Draconiqui have thrived there."

"Wait," Chocolate interrupted. "What about Discord?"

"Yeah," Applejack added. "Whut 'bout him?"

"Ooo! Tell us Twilight!" Pinkie Pie said, shivering with anxiety.

"Okay, okay. Now, Discord was the leader of the Draconic Republic. After taking the brunt of the Elements of Harmony, he was turned to stone, and has remained there for over one thousand years. That's all I know... Unfortunately, since Discord has little information about his background, I can't tell you much about him. I wish I could, but I just don't know enough."

"Wait a second," Paprika intervened. "Why can't you just ask Princess Celestia?"

Twilight shook her head and sighed.

"Unfortunately, I already have. She didn't want to talk about it at all. She shunned the idea of telling me faster that you can say antidisestablishmentarianism, so I still can't get access to that kind of information."

"What about Luna?" I finally said. "What did she say about it?"

Twilight straightened herself up and blushed. She was more red than a lobster in boiling water as she let out a nervous laugh.

"Well..."

"You haven't asked her, have you Twilight?" Rainbow Dash asked with an unamused look on her face.

"Well.... I'll get back to you on that. In the meantime let's get back to the festivities, shall we?" she squeaked sheepishly.

"Alright. I think it's our turn." Trey said getting up from his seat.

"Oh yes... I think we should... If, that's alright with you..."

Trey smiled as his wife's shyness and motioned for the little filly to come closer.

"Tell me, Paprika," Trey smiled.

"Have you ever heard the ocean?" Fluttershy finished.