• Published 28th Nov 2012
  • 505 Views, 8 Comments

Lyra's Dreams - XxDarkSoundxX



Lyra always dreamt of the hands, every night the same dream. Until Bon-Bon gets sick, very sick.

  • ...
 8
 505

the one with 400 words of filler

Lyra awoke in a cold sweat, instantly alert; her horn emitted a soft, aqua blue glow illuminating the dark living room where she laid on the couch. Seeing that nothing was out of place, she slowly made her way up the steps and into the room where Bon-Bon still lay unconscious, she had been out for nearly thirteen hours now. Lyra hadn't left the house since Bon-Bon had fainted, but after she wrote in her dream journal about the hands she was off to go talk to Moondancer at Sugar cube Corner about getting train tickets to canterlot, but first she grabbed a quill and began writing a note.

Bon-Bon woke up from her slumber and noticed a strange note on the bedside table. She picked it up and tried to read it, after focusing for almost two minutes the words began to make sense.

Hey Bon, if you’re reading this it must mean you’re up. I didn't want you to panic if you woke up while I was out. I just went down to Sugar Cube Corner to talk to Moon for a bit about train tickets and stuff. If all goes well I’ll be back in two or three hours

Lyra

Bon-Bon could feel anger and fury building in her. She swept the note onto the floor with her tail, stepping on it as she charged out the door after Lyra.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyra trotted into Sugar Cube Corner with a smile on her face and scanned the room looking for moondancer. Once she spotted her she made her way up to the front counter to buy them something to snack on whilst they spoke. The pink pony behind the counter was none other than Pinkie Pie, one of the bearers of the Elements of Harmony. But also very likely the most eccentric pony in equistria, Lyra didn't mind talking to her. At least not for long anyway.

As Lyra strolled up to the counter she could visibly see the pink party ponies smile growing with anticipation. Just as Lyra opened her mouth to speak, Pinkie Pie ducked down behind the counter. As Lyra peered over the edge, half scared to see what was going to jump out at her, the mare in question tapped her from behind.

"AAAAAAAAAAH!" Lyra screamed as Pinkie now rolled on the floor of the bakery laughing, gaining quite a few glances over before they realized who was causing the fracas. As Lyra regained her composer, Pinkie went back around the counter.
"Oh sorry Lyra didn't mean to startle you" Pinkie giggled before taking on a serious look.
" Welcome to Sugar Cube corner, home of most delicious baked goods this side of canterlot, what can I get for you?" she spoke in an almost automated voice before reverting to her... normal behaviour. Lyra had been so distracted she forgot what she came up to buy, slightly frazzled she made her way back to her table with moondancer.
"Oh, okay then, one nothing coming right up! I can help the next pony in line in just a minute while I make this nothing!"

Lyra took her place across the table from her friend; she had known Moon pretty much as long as she had known Bon Bon. Moondancer looked like she was trying to hold in a burst of laughter at the scene she had just witness play out.
" this is serious Moon, I want you to come to Canterlot with me to go take Bon to the hospital."
"The hospital!? What for?"
"I don’t really know, I came home and she just collapsed."
"What’s wrong with her?"
" I told you I don’t know, but when I -" Lyra was interrupted by a screaming Pinkie Pie jumping up in the middle of the bakery.
" EVERYPONY OUT! “she shouted.
Ponies began mumbling amongst themselves unsure of whether or not the order had any reason to be followed through.
“HURRY!” the pink party pony screamed again.
Now the ponies began filing out of the sweet shop, as the last ponies left Pinkie flipped the sign out front to the “closed” side. Pinkie bounced to the kitchen in the back of the store.
“Okay now I just need to go down to the train station and…wait I can’t do that yet. I still need to be asked where I’m going.”
Pinkie Pie scratched the back of her head in thought.
“Hmmmmmm.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now she was impatient, she left the store and started running down the street. She passed by Doctor Whooves running in the opposite direction with his head scanning the ground mumbling something about pockets and how he always dropped his sonic. Then she came to the train station where the ticket seller was sitting with an extremely bored look on his face. She dumped almost twice as many bits as she needed and grabbed a ticket.
“When somepony asks if you've seen me, tell them I went to buy ingredients for a nothing. I'm making one for Lyra and I want to get the good fabrics from canterlot to wrap the dirty salmon in.”
She climbed into the train and wished her party cannon weren't broken, and then she could get to Canterlot so much sooner. Pinkie sat near the caboose of the train, but about halfway through he said something about being late for church and ran ahead, presumably to the conductor. Pinkie hummed a song. Got up and paced around the cart she was in for a while, then sat back down and closed her eyes to sleep.
“Still not a thousand words, sorry Dave.” She muttered as she drifted off to dream land.

Comments ( 3 )

dam layout always changes so the " ---------" parts are too long D:
let me know if the grammar is still making you cry in agony shouting " WHY, WHY COULDN'T HE JUST THINK? "
its now 12:00am on a school night..... damned minecraft.

First of all: you damn hippocrite. never get minecraft for the Xbox my ass.Second: tab key. Third: do you here that..... That's the sound of a fourth wall being put in intensive care.

Login or register to comment