• Published 28th Nov 2012
  • 840 Views, 8 Comments

Gummy's Quest For The Ultimate Prize. - Debonair

  • ...
3
 8
 840

Gummy Spearmint .

Pinkie led Spearmint to the Library to meet Twilight, he'd met her before but back when he was just a gator now he had a new lease on life as a pony, and finally able to speak his mind. He wanted to apologize for that thing in the bathtub a few months ago. "Um Spearmint,"

"You can just call me Gummy, It's my name, Gummy Spearmint."

"It might be best if we get you some teeth first. Everypony might find you creepy."

"True, but where?"

"I got a good dentist, won't ask many questions."

"Really?"

"Yep just give me a minute." Pinkie walked into a shop and came out a minute later and waved to Spearmint. He walked over and found the little office and a dentist chair. "Take a seat." He laid in the chair and it leaned backward. He heard hoofsteps and a bright light shone in his eyes.

"Open wide." He did as told. "Okay replacement teeth, shouldn't take but ten minutes." Spearmint could feel something being attached to his jaw, through his gums, but he felt no pain, Ten minutes pass and he could actually feel the teeth unlike when he was wearing the dentures. "There, all done, no charge."

"Thanks, Floss." Pinkie said as she helped Spearmint off the chair. He clacked his teeth together, and looked in a mirror. He ran his tongue over his teeth confused on how this was even possible. "We gotta go Floss, seeya later."

"Send me some cavities, Pinkie Pie!"

"Will do!"

"Thanks!" Spearmint shouted, as He and Pinkie walked back outside.

"Hey Pinkie Pie!" A cyan Pegasus with a rainbow mane shouted from her cloud perch. Spearmint knew this was Rainbow Dash, and waved. "Who's your Coltfriend?"

"This is Spearmint, I want all of our friends to meet him,"

"So you want me to get Fluttershy, Applejack, and Rarity to the Library?"

"Yes please!"

"Meet us there in ten minutes."

"Thanks Dashie!"

"No prob." Rainbow dashed off to find their three friends.

"So what can we do for ten minutes?"

"I dunno, lunch?"

"Lunch," He wanted to try his new chompers out and try some actual food. "Not that I'm tired of sweets but, what else is there to eat?"

"Well, there's this place down the street, makes a good HBLT, and fresh fried potato chips. A little salty, but salty and sweet go great together," Pinkie led him to the restaurant and ordered. They waited about three minutes for the food and ate. Spearmint loved the salty crunch of the haybacon sandwich and the salty chips. He watched as Pinkie scarfed down the meal in seconds. He always admired Pinkie's strange ways, but now he could truly see her in action. He loved her, always had, but now with the whole new life in the suit, he felt something more. He quickly shook it off as Pinkie payed the tab with bits she pulled out of the waiter's ear. "Let's go, we gotta be there in two minutes." He noticed a blue mare with a dark blue mane and a white streak through it. "Ah good idea, hey Minuette!" Pinkie waved her over.

"Morning Pinkie, how are you?"

"Pretty good, listen Spearmint and I need to be across town and we're running late."

"Okay, tell me where and I'll get you there."

"Twilight's house."

"Alright stand still." Minuette's horn started to glow and in a flash of light they were at the Library door. "There you go,"

"And there you go," Pinkie hoofed her four bits.

"But I normally charge one bit."

"One bit per, and I'm feeling generous today."

"Thanks, bye have a good day Pinkie, same for you Spearmint." She smiled and trotted off.

"You too!" Pinkie shouted, and knocked on the door.

"Come in." The door was opened by Twilight's purple magic and Pinkie led him in.

"Hi,"

"Hey Pinkie Pie," Rainbow said.

"Good morning," Rarity seemed not to notice Spearmint.

"Hi Pinkie." Fluttershy said in her usual tone.

"Good mornin' who's yer friend?"

"Everypony this is Spearmint, he's my, what were you again?"

"An old friend,"

"Where did you meet?" Rarity asked.

"Where was it," He scratched his chin trying to think of an excuse. "It was when you moved to Ponyville, Pinkie. You used to show me pictures and frankly you look a tiny teeny weeny bit better with the straight hair."

"You really think so?" Pinkie asked and he nodded. Her mane and tail deflated and fell limp.

"Oh no not this again." Rainbow and Spike groaned.

"What, something wrong, do I have food in my teeth," She ran her tongue over them. "Nope, I'm good."

"How, last time that happened you went a little you know."

"Nuts, Cookoo, Bonkers, Insane, Crazy, Homicidal?"

"What was that last one?"

"Nothing," Pinkie shot away at the question.

"Okay, then," Twilight rolled her eyes. "There has to be more than just meeting your old friend behind you calling us here."

"Yep, there is, go ahead show them."

"Are you sure?"

"Go on,"

"Okay," He reached for the zipper and pulled but it was stuck. "The Zipper's stuck."

"Oh stupid thing," Pinkie Climbed up onto his wide shoulders and grabbed the zipper between her teeth. "Shoulda got these from Rarity, but then she'd think I'm weird." She tugged and tugged but the zipper didn't move. "Though she probably thinks I am already."

"Ow that hurts, quit it, I don't think it'll come off."

"What won't come off?" Twilight asked.

"Long story short Mare Do Well woke me up this morning, and it turned out to be Fluttershy but with a different voice, but then Futtershy turned out to be Gummy in disguise, remember that one from the Crystal Kingdom, anyway Gummy didn't want to be a mare so I found a stallion one, that one was the wrong color so I found this one and switched his name from Gummy Spearmint to Spearmint Wintergreen, and then I took him to see Floss and got him some new teeth, told Dashie to bring you all here, and then we had lunch, then Minuette dropped us off here and I knocked, you opened the door, we all said Hi and Then he tried to take off his face but it wouldn't come off, and then I started this long winded bstory of what happened today." She let in a big gasp of air, and paused for half a second. "Guess it's not that long a story." She giggled, and her friends stood with dropped jaws and wide eyes.