• Published 17th Jan 2012
  • 884 Views, 9 Comments

Dawn of Discord - BubblesOnMyButt



The Sequel Two Pony Trick. Dusk wakes up from his coma to find a dark new world with deadly choices.

  • ...
 9
 884

First Move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0qy-VMrZgM

With a new goal in mind, Dusk set forth toward a mountain that held a lot of history in their area. Though the years before Dusk had been born the mountain had been the sight of a great many disasters, odd happenings, and was even the rumored birthplace of Equestria itself. Whether this was true or not, Dusk felt an attraction to this mountain, one of which he had never felt before.

'Dusk, you feel it too don't you?' Evening's voice was soft and confident, if he was feeling the impulses as well then Dusk would have to trust their guts on this one. Dusk had started in a gallop before slowing down to look back at the burning town and the three figures on the floor, "What about them?" Evening felt as though he had already explained this but he wasn't quite sure, something was buzzing in the back of his head that made thought difficult. 'During your fight I mixed a purifying magic in with your attacks so when they wake up they will be free of Discord... for the moment at least.'

'*Something is definitely not right, if I'm feeling the Discordant Wave then my purification magic isn't working on myself. I can't let Dusk know, he already has too much to worry about.*'

Dusk built up a gallop once again as he aligned himself with the road to the mountain, it wasn't too far but the trek would put him a little bit out of the way. Even Dusk felt the tension as he weighed the consequence of possibly wasting time, nonetheless this was the only lead he had at the moment and he needed to follow it. The cobblestone steps leading from the town to the land surrounding it gradually melted into a fine dirt path. As Dusk picked up speed however he found traction was a luxury he was quickly losing as dirt became wet and soapy, no doubt it was another of Discord's tricks.

"Great, at this rate it will take forever to get to the mountain!", exclaimed Dusk as he found himself not moving at all as he picked up speed only to jog in place. Evening was thinking of a solution when the buzzing began to grow spastic, '*The grass. No not the grass. Then we take the trees. We can't do that, we don't have hands silly. Wait what are hands? Who knows? Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! Now let's get back to thinking... Your right, how about the grass? Yes, yes! The grass. He He He He He.*' Evening shook his head and attempted to reassure himself, "Don't worry, you are immune to the wavelength. You don't have to worry about Discord getting into your head. Now then, the grass...* Hey Dusk, why don't you try stepping on the grass?'

Dusk stopped running and slid forward slightly from the built up momentum, "How did I forget about that? Thanks." He slowly wormed his way across the slick, winding path and towards the edge of the road.

***

Evening watched Dusk put his hooves on the grass and continue his stride in the direction of the mountain. "Thanks Evening... *Sigh* What are we going to do? We have to somehow save everypony and beat Discord at his own game, the last time I checked we aren't exactly built for this kind of quest." Evening took in every word for full value and thought deeply on it, 'Weren't you just saying that we were going to do this no matter what?' Dusk keep running, "Perhaps, but who knows? Maybe living in a world full of chaos would be kinda fun..." Evening nodded, then shook his head, '*NO! What am I thinking? What is he thinking? Something is definitely going wrong here.*' Evening started to speak but stopped mid-sentance to examine Dusk's pace. At first Evening didn't notice it but Dusk seemed to be keeping an unearthly pace, almost like he was running for his life.

***

The ground below Dusk collapsed the second he set hoof on the grass and the bubbly trail behind him burst into flames. There was only enough reaction time to push away from the crumbling earth and start running for the mountain as the ground behind him caved in. "Evening! Evening! What are you doing? Answer me! We have a situation!" Evening was nowhere as far as he could tell, neither his presence nor his voice was heard or felt and the concentration he spent on looking for him was only wasted. Dusk kept his break neck pace and attempted to ad lib, 'There must be some sort of magic that I could use... Something, something, something. DANG IT!!! Why the hay do we have to study this stuff so heavily if we are born with it?' The fire on the road began to branch out onto the grass ahead and Dusk found that the odds were sincerely against him. "Evening, where are you?"

***

'Dusk what is going on?' Dusk kept running, "Nothing is going wrong, Evening. I just want to make good time."
The world around Dusk blurred slightly, 'I thought you wanted to give up...' Dusk tripled his speed and his grey coat began to turn black, "I thought you wanted to give up." Evening felt a powerful gaze break into his thoughts and his mind felt like mush, 'Oh yeah, I did say that...' The gaze subsided for the moment, "Excellent."

***

Fire kicked up and stretched in a wide circle away from the road and around Dusk, the earth continued to fall until it stopped at the fire and waited. Dusk was deserted on an island in the middle of a flaming circle that was now shrinking around him at which point the scorched earth would fall into the abyss below. "Guess I'm not much of a hero after all."

...

Discord lay on the clouds in the sky above Dusk, every so often he would close one eye and point a pencil at the ground before scribbling a web of cracks that only he could see with his perspective. After doing so he would carefully fan the flames from afar until they arched with delight from being fed.

...

"Checkmate."

Comments ( 3 )

I am losing steam, there is just too much going on outside of fan fiction and I can't juggle all of it, not to mention I still haven't even come up with a decent storyline yet so everything is made up on spot which just makes things take longer.
With Best Regards, The Author:moustache:

:unsuresweetie: have to say, this is kinda meh

Sorry guys, I'm burnt out. I set up an entire story for Two Pony and I tried to extend it instead of wrapping it up. I'm sorry guys but Discord is cancelled.:raritydespair: If I ever do work on anything again it will be a redone last chapter of Two Pony so you can get a real ending.
With Sincerest Apologies, The Author...:fluttershbad:

Login or register to comment