• Published 25th Nov 2012
  • 882 Views, 2 Comments

Killing Me Softly With Her Wubs - Dashofrainbow235



Octavia gets two golden tickets to see the Royal Canterlot Symphony.

  • ...
 2
 882

Chapter 1

Killing Me Softly With Her Wubs

Chapter 1

It was a noiseless, sunny, and serene morning in Ponyville. Most fillies and colts were still relishing their slumber at this time in the coziness and tranquility of their own home. But not for two specific fillies. The morning became no longer tranquil as the uncouth booming of wubs burst from the stereo of a certain lightning-haired mare invaded the boulevards of Ponyville. That distasteful dubstep could be heard for miles on end and it awoke everypony from their slumber; even the heavy sleepers such as Rainbow Dash. Those blasted wubs came from none other than Vinyl Scratch, aka DJ P0N-3.

"YEAH! Wub-a-dub-dub mother buckers!" Vinyl Scratch shouted. Every morning, she started off the day by blasting her incoherent wubs for all to hear. And every morning, her roommate, Octavia, received complaints from the neighbors about the dubstep. The aggravating volume being emitted from those pesky speakers would irritate the neighbors. Octavia struggled to go back to sleep, but her efforts were fruitless. She decided to just confront Vinyl on the matter.

"Uh, Vinyl? Do you mind turning down the volume just a tad?" Octavia asked in her polite pish-posh manner. Vinyl wasn't able to hear her over the music and she was too busy head-banging to care. Octavia cleared her throat. This time she spoke louder, "Excuse me, Vinyl. I need you to turn down the volume of your music before we get more complaints. You wouldn't want them to call the police again." Octavia still tried to erase the memory of that day from her mind. She shuddered.

Vinyl still continued to ignore her. Now Octavia's face grew red and her blood was boiling. She snapped. Octavia simply unplugged Vinyl's stereo. When the music ceased, Vinyl stepped back into reality. She lifted up her sunglasses which revealed her eyes. "You could've have just asked me to turn it down, you know." Octavia rolled her eyes at how oblivious and clueless her friend was, but that was why she liked her.

*My Little Pony Intro*

The DJ and Octavia sat together at the table to eat breakfast. They were having toast, eggs, and orange juice. While Octavia ate in a polite manner, Vinyl gobbled up her toast and eggs and slurped her orange juice. When she finished her juice, she smashed the glass on her forehead. "Yeahuh!" She screamed. She didn't show any signs of pain. Octavia cleared her throat and caught Vinyl's attention. She did have a short attention-span. "Guess what."

"What is it?" She asked with her mouth full.

Octavia pulled out two golden tickets. "I've gotten two golden tickets to the Royal Canterlot Symphony for tonight. Would you care to partake in it along with me?"

Vinyl scratched her head, "Does it have wubs?" Octavia shook her head and laughed.

"No, of course not, don't be silly!" Octavia answered. The DJ scowled.

Vinyl shook her head, "No thanks. That's not my style." Vinyl said, pushing up her sunglasses. Octavia crossed her forelegs.

"Well, you sort of owe me after last week when you took me to see Deadmare5." Octavia justified.

"No way!" Vinyl exclaimed, shaking her head obstinately. Octavia rolled her eyes and finished her eggs. She then pushed her silver platter aside.

"I always see the concerts with you and, quite frankly, I don't even like their music." Octavia retorted.

Vinyl Scratch gasped over dramatically. "I thought you loved Deadmare5! What, with you listening to me talk about them 24/7!" Vinyl exclaimed.

Octavia shook her head, "Not really. In fact, I can't stand those incoherent dubstep wubs. I think it's time you got a new hobby." Octavia suggested, shrugging her shoulders.

Vinyl stared at her, dumbstruck. A tear drop fell from the corner of her eyes. That really hurt her feelings. Wubs were all she knew! Wubs were how she became a DJ. Wubs were how she got her cutie mark.

*Flashback*

Vinyl Scratch was just a little filly when she got her cutie mark. Back then, her natural mane color was brown and it was long. She didn't wear her usual sunglasses then. Vinyl lived a quiet life with her father and brother. Vinyl longed for excitement in her life, but didn't know where to find it.

One day, Vinyl was invited to a party thrown by the young Pinkie Pie herself at Sugarcube Corner. When she walked in, she instantaneously heard this percussive noise. She had no idea what it was. Vinyl noticed that the fillies and colts at the party were dancing to it, so naturally it had to be some sort of weird genre of music. She wanted to find the source of this odd music. Vinyl pushed and shoved her way through the crowd. She found the source at the back of the room.

There was a colt with a red coat and a black mane with blue shades on. He also wore a pair of headphones over his head. The disc jockey was using multiple turntables and did what was called turntable scratching. That was what made the percussive sound Vinyl was hearing. Vinyl observed that the music she was hearing was known as dubstep wubs. At first, she couldn't comprehend it, but now she was just intrigued with it. She spent the whole party watching the DJ.

After the party, Vinyl Scratch stayed after the party to talk to the DJ about dubstep. The colt was kind enough to explain to her exactly what dubstep was. It is basically music centered on its bass. It is very techno and upbeat. It is best played with the volume all the way up. Vinyl wanted to know everything there was to know about being a DJ since it was the main thing on her mind right now. The nice colt showed her how the turntable functioned.

By doing her chores and babysitting, she managed to save up enough money for her own turntable. Vinyl used the nice colt's instruction on how to play this thing. Every day, whenever she had free time, she practiced on the turntable. Over time, she got better and better at being a DJ. Vinyl even went as far as to change her own appearance slightly. She cut her hair, dyed it blue, and then gave it highlights. Then she bought a pair of purple sunglasses.

A couple of months later, Pinkie Pie was throwing a birthday party for herself and this time, she wanted Vinyl to be the DJ as she knew how good she had gotten over time. Vinyl eagerly agreed. So because of her, Pinkie's party was a hit. She was truly an expert when it came to the wubs. Everypony started calling her DJ P0N-3 that day. When the party had ended, Vinyl looked down at her flank. Her cutie mark had finally appeared! It was two mirrored, bridged, eight notes.

*End flashback*

Now her tears fell freely. "I think you should find someone else to go with you." Vinyl said coldly. Octavia gasped. She stood up from the table.

"Then maybe I will if you want me to!" She shouted. She ran outside the house and slammed the door on her way out. Outside, Vinyl Scratch could her yelling, "What am I supposed to do with one bucking extra ticket!" Vinyl just sat there for a moment and twiddled her thumbs—err, hooves. Vinyl realized she was alone now and dried her tears. She was gonna go find somepony else to hang out with so that she would feel temporarily better about herself.