• Published 25th Nov 2012
  • 1,795 Views, 32 Comments

There was a pony. - Jack-Pony



An irreverent satire of one misplaced Equine.

  • ...
4
 32
 1,795

...and I shit brix.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

You realize that Lucas is going to sue the shit out of you for that, right? The friendly narrator quipped.

Right, good catch. Wrong story anyways... The Author said bashfully.

A Long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Once upon a time, in the magical land of...

Of what? Seriously? Vermont isn't that magical. Come on...you can do better! The narrator said incredulously.

I don't recall asking you, Mr Narrator!? But out and let me write! The Author groaned.

A Long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Once upon a time, in the magical land of...

It had been a long night, but caffeine and anxiety kept our unwitting hero awake into the wee hours of the morn', for the new episode of MLP....

...and thus he sat. The keyboard before him and a drink close at hand, unwilling to venture forth from his story of epic-pony proportion, for you see he was not only a brony, but a fan-fiction writer. We all know what that means...? Now that the Author was writing, the Narrator was free to...well, narrate.

I can hear you you know and that incessant jabbering does not make it any easier to write!...and I will have you know that fan-fiction writers are no less artists than men like Jules Verne! The Author glanced up and shook his fist.

Only to receive... *Snicker*

That's enough out of you! He shouted, removing his black slipper and throwing it into the air.

...But what the author didn't know is that his slipper can't penetrate the fourth wall, let alone one of wood, and only served to smack him in the face! The Narrator tormented him, by narrating his own misfortune.

It's ten of nine, I've got an hour to finish this before ponies! So scram! The Author growled.

The new episode doesn't start until half-past ten... The Narrator stated dismissively.

...and miss a chance to watch last week's episode!? Never... If the all-knowing Narrator hadn't had a script, he never would've known that the Author was not in fact Pinkie Pie in disguise...

Quit being dense and put on your headphones, you want to listen to more Bach anyways... The Narrator suggested beratingly.

You're right, I really do. The Author realized that the Narrator had been right and so turned his music up.

Returning to his soothing music, the author continued to write his grand masterpiece! A Pony on Earth story...a self insert, of course... While his cat - a Russian Blue, kitten - slept at his feet. Providing him 'moral support'. At this, the kitten looked up at the disembodied voice and yawned.

As he sat in his comfy chair, a sudden impetus caused him to stand up...

Oh, come on, like they're going to know what 'impetus' means! The Narrator razzed the increasingly frustrated Author.

Shut up, will you shut up!? A vein in the Author's head made it look like he was going to stroke out.

Geez, someone's moody...? The Narrator mumbled.

Turning to look out his window, he noticed a particular pony in his backyard, standing looking rather confused.

Which one? Pinkie Pie? The Narrator guessed.

No The Author replied simply.

Applejack? The Narrator guessed again.

No... it was that one pony, you know, from that one episode where they cleaned up winter? The Author tried to sate the irritating voice, hoping for it to cease.

Winter Wrap-up? The Narrator guessed.

What are you, MLPwiki? Now the Author sounded just like Scootaloo.

Which one? The Narrator asked.

What? The Author blinked, unaware that there was more than one MLP-wiki!?

Which pony was it then? The Narrator specified, causing the Author to roll his eyes.

I don't know? That one, in that scene where Twilight ends the song? You know, the Earth pony in the Tan vest that looks like Derpy, without wings! The Author scoffed, and suggested a random one to silence him.

Wow, way to pick the most boring pony in the history of ponies... The Narrator said flatly, in a way that one could not be sure if he was being serious or not?

Do you want to hear the end, or don't you? The Author finally barked!

Not particularly... The Narrator replied frankly.

Too bad! The Author exclaimed, to get his revenge, he would finish his masterpiece and make the fool read it all!

The next thing the poor pony knew, was that a strange looking, hairless-ape, was flying through a pane-glass window, propelled by nothing but a steady stream of bricks spewing forth from its posterior!

The End.

...And that, is how Equestria was made! Pinkie Pie exclaimed, her head sticking out from a portal in thin air.

Pinkie Pie? What are you doing here? The Narrator exclaimed in shock.

Winning a bet with Rainbow Dash! I told her that I could make Newton roll in his grave! Pinkie giggled!

What...? How...you know, never mind...forget I asked... The Narrator stammered.

Now you're learning... Pinkie said, messing up the Narrator's non-existent hair, before disappearing.

Epilogue

The masterful author realized then that his piece was too short, so he then did what any good and decent, self respecting purveyor of fine pony related fan-fiction would do. He wrote a long, hot, steamy clop-fic side story, where he and the grey Earth pony proceeded to create dozens of little minotaur babies, one at a time!

Wow, just wow... The Narrator moaned, You really expect me to read that?

Yep. The Author nodded smugly.

I hate you so much... The Narrator growled gently.

I know you do, and that's why you love me! The Author grinned.

Jumping out of his seat, the Author whooped and out of nowhere, Pinkie Pie leapt from a blue portal, caught the man on her back, only to leap through another, orange portal.

Wow, I don't get paid enough to deal with this crap... The Narrator moaned.

Oh, by the way... The Author's head popped back through another blue portal, I'm halving your pay for this job and you get no lunch-breaks. Now get narrating!

Well ain't this just...

Comments ( 32 )
AJ

What are you, MLP wiki? :scootangel::rainbowlaugh::rainbowwild:

Haha! Personally I liked the story for its sheer lack of seriousness. I like how the narrator and the author argued incessantly, and the vocabulary was pretty good. All I will say is that this should be looked over for a few grammar mistakes. I'm giving it a like ^^

Nice use of the character tags.

what the fuck...........

asuvhiw ODVSNPDVOH WUDYpoHI iohgfJUGFHohg-9hw
(I have only one coherent response to this)
anongallery.org/img/1/9/wat-gigantic-duck.jpg

1679865 Sorry bro, I had to...

1679904 I wrote this in the hour leading up to Sat's episode, with minimal proof-reading. If you'd like to send me a PM with any you noticed I'd be grateful!

1679919 I suppose I should add a Pinkie Tag shouldn't I...?

1680178>>1680192 Yep, I am an irreverent bastard...its true.

1680424 I am Jack pony and I approve this message! :rainbowlaugh:

1681195
Not actually saying that typos are anyone's fault really, they just happen. Trust me, I'm surprised at how many I didn't see compared to mine, which are always riddled with typos. I'll send you a PM with the ones I can remember.

1681195 P.S. Dat chapter name....
VERY nice spelling on brix!:rainbowlaugh:

1683098 I should, shouldn't I? :trixieshiftright:

This is the BEST possible story I have ever read, I cannot await it's sequel and should be featured soon!

Thank you for writing this, you are the best author I have ever had the honor of reading their works. I shall be awaiting your next story soon!

1684229 You do realize what this means, right? Now I Will write a sequel.

1684291:fluttercry:
TT_TT My hopes and dreams....all crushed because of you...I don't know how I can live like this *flips table over*
I don't know what to do with my life anymore...:raritycry:
I just can't take this prejudice discrimination in my life *gets drunk*:raritydespair:

and *hic* I think you have an ugly tie

*dies*

1684311 I don't wear ties, so obviously the person strangling you isn't me.
At least that makes me feel better.
I really wish I had a spiffy tie though... You! The guy strangling my friend? Hey? Can I have that tie when you're done?

1684360
>is dead

>cannot reply

>y u so crazy?


> :rainbowlaugh:

> I'm glad that's over

1684431 It is never over...... :pinkiecrazy:

1684431 Don't die on me! I still need my cover art... you can die afterwards :pinkiehappy:

This story is just :pinkiecrazy:. I love it. The only advice I have is cabbage.

1687929 Cabbage? :rainbowhuh:
media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdw0zbw4vx1r9px83.gif
:pinkiecrazy:

I am still completely flabbergasted that this is getting likes, but more than that, it is getting favorites! What is wrong with you people!? :pinkiegasp:

1688683 Do you really want me to answer that:pinkiecrazy:

1688909 You know, at this point, I feel I have very little left to lose... :ajbemused:

1687929
Speaking of which...after my computer died...I managed to recover the originals to my art and I shall be working as much as possible to finish as soon as I can.

I really apologize for taking so long...I really didn't expect that to happen.

and don't worry...after I finish that picture I am planning on committing seppuku anyways :applejackconfused:

1691774 Ain't no need to apologize, feces doth occur. I found a decent place holder until you're done.

I'm not sure whether or not to sigh in disgust or crack a small whimsical smile.

Doing both is just earning me stares.

1709605 I'd appreciate knowing which you finally chose? This is sort of a social experiment of mine...

As for the other half, let them stare... :pinkiecrazy:

1710505

Both. S'why I got stares.

Let me just summarize my reaction in the most simple and well thought out way I can...

ahem...

lol.

1907786 When I list something as 'Random' you can be assured it's random!
...but thanks. :pinkiehappy:

1908306 what the fuck was that!?!

2996420 My lawyer has informed me to refer all such statements to my last comment... 1908306

Login or register to comment