• Published 22nd Nov 2012
  • 1,986 Views, 84 Comments

Vanished - Azure Steel



After seeing a strange light I am thrown to the world of Equus, and things only get stanger from there

  • ...
13
 84
 1,986

Pereant

Chapter 6: Pereant

Why do I feel scared? I shouldn't be scared. So why am I scared?

I kept asking myself as I stood in the presence of Celestia. It seemed her intimidation factor outweighed her comfort factor. Its only been a few seconds, but my heart is going through its motions like a strobe light. I should probably say something,......or at least stop staring blankly. That would be a good start.

"I am Princess Celestia, what do you call yourself?" she asked, looking at me with those eyes.

"Uhhhh........"

"His name is Thomas." Twilight answered in my place, giving me a look. "Don't mind him, he's been through a lot today."

Tell me about it

Have you seen my jet-pack by any chance?

Same place I stored my fucks to give

"Well I hope you haven't run into too much trouble upon arriving here." "Twilight has explained to me the situation, and if you have any questions, you need only ask." Celestia said, giving a soft smile.

"Uh....t-thank you." I say.

Any reason why I see the troll face when she smiles?

Dude.....magic......the holy grail of troll physics

I think her mane is giving me a soft-core seizure

"We will see if you can be returned you to your world, but until then, my student and the other Elements will watch over you and teach you to survive here in case we fail to send you home." "Do you understand this?"

"Y-yeah, I understand."

"Then I will take my leave." she said as she turned to Twilight "Report to me on any new developments, Twilight."

"I will, Princess." Twilight said giving a small nod. Celestia returned the gesture, and in a flash of light, she was gone. With Celestia gone, Twilight turned to me and gave a disapproving look. "What was that?" she said in a equally disapproving tone.

"What was what?" I say staring blankly, confused.

Rarity decided to answer for Twilight. "That was a rather rude way of meeting the Princess."

Like I give a fuck

"Sorry, but I'm still adjusting to where I am.....and I've also never met royalty, so I wouldn't know what would be the correct way to act around them.....and I've never seen prismatic hair that sways in an invisible wind before....or even a pony for that matter until just recently........I still think I may have just gone insane.......well....more insane then I would have been considered before coming here." I say, my voice getting more of a 'as-a-matter-of-fact' tone to it with each sentence.

"You were considered 'insane' before getting here?" Rainbow said it like she was surprised I haven't attacked any of them yet.

"I'm sane enough that I can interact with society, but I'm insane enough that I often talk to myself."

You really don't know when to stop talking when you're freaking out

"What's so insane about talking to yourself, I do that all the time, it helps me remember things." Pinkie said with a quizzical look and a tilt of the head.

"Yes, but, do you get an answer." I retort. They stare at me, like I just eat my own hand.

Twilight responds. "I thought you said all the voices were gone?!"

"No, I said 'besides the one that's supposed to be there', I never said they were all gone." I say, still retaining my as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

"I thought you meant your own thoughts."

"When someone says 'I have a voice in my head' they tend not to mean their own voice." Is it weird that I'm having fun with this debate on insanity.

"That's different."

"In what way." I say raising an eyebrow.

"It....it just is." she said having no response.

Quit trolling her thoughts on logic

There are no brakes on the Troll Train!

That's not even the right quote from the meme

You mad?

NO!

You just mad at my genius

In meme-talk, 'genius' has another meaning

I say that took a rather hasty exacerbation north

"I believe I was victorious in that debate, if you so desire my presence I shall be found making residence in the room I awoke in only moments ago, for I am in need of rest." I say as they all are surprised at my gentlemanness. I make my way upstairs and still can't hear a response. I close the door behind me and.......swan dive into the bed. I wasn't kidding when I said I wanted to sleep.

Like a sir

Shut up, Brain


It would appear......something is wrong. I don't know what it is but something was frighteningly wrong. I was in a room that looked to have no detail. The walls were plain white; no visible texture or indents. The floor was the same but black, making it look non-existent. The ceiling was the only thing that looked to have any detail. The ceiling looked like something you'd see in an insane asylum. There were claw marks and carvings covering the whole of it, blood stains followed several of the marks, bringing to mind the one who made them had bleeding fingers. The longer I stared, the stronger the cold feeling in me got. I pull my eyes away, looking all around the room; for any sign of an exit.

I look again at the walls and at the floor for any sort of door or window. They were still the absent, texture-less barriers of white and black they were before. I look back at the ceiling and........my heart stops.

On the ceiling, all the carvings were still there, same with the blood.......but.......in the center of the ceiling........was me.....just standing there......defying gravity. I was mangled. My skin had more carvings then the ceiling itself. My left arm torn to shreds, hardly any skin was left and the bone was visible. I had barb-wire like chains sewn around and through my body, starting at my right leg and spiraled up to my chest. My right arm was covered in a black metal armor with a faint red glow coming from the openings, along with black smoke, which was no doubt my skin burning. My head, strangely unlike the rest of my body, appeared untouched. My hair even looked clean, although still unkempt.

My head moved, and stared down at me, letting me see my eyes. My eyes were soulless, no emotion, no pain, anger or even sadness, but that's what frightened me. They were blood red and faintly glowing, not unlike my left eye. He opened his mouth and spoke.

It's nICe To sEE YOu, LiGhT

His voice was a lot like mine, but his was double toned and had no feeling to it. It was unnerving. Seeing myself, but being right here, hearing myself talk without my words.

Who are you?

I aM EVerYtHiNG YouR Not, LiGhT

That still doesn't tell me who you-

I HavE AlWayS BeEN BESide YOu, yeT alWaYs ouT of ReaCH

I KnOW EvEryThIng AbOut YoU, Yet We'vE neVeR MEt

I AM sOmeWHere In ThE LIGHt, bUt NoWherE iN tHe DARk

EverYthInG wE do, We Do TOgeTher, BuT WE aRe AlWayS SeperAtE

WhO aM I, LiGhT

I think about what he just said. What does he mean. How can he know me, yet we've never met before. And how is he nowhere in the dark? What is he, a ninja? We do everything together, but we're always apart. How does that work? If this is supposed to be a riddle, it really sucks. A ghost? A robot? A me that just came 'Back To The Future'? Why does he have to be trolling me and leaving it all in the sha...............dows. Shadows. He's a shadow. You can see a shadow in the light, but not in the dark. Anything you do it will copy. Everybody has one, but no one can touch them. They know everything, because they're always there. That's why he keeps calling me light. I'm the light, and he's the shadow. He's MY shadow.

Shadow

You're Shadow

Something clicked just then, like a veil being removed. The air grew hot, and the floor cold. The entire room shifted and warped. The claw marks on the ceiling disappeared and reappeared on the floor. The walls then had markings added to them. Everything lost it's previous absent look and gained detail.

I was in a room of stone and metal. What looked like meaningless carving were now readable. KILL. KILL. FREEDOM. BLIGHT. SHADOWS. FEAR. PAIN. KILL. FIGHT. DESTROY. TORTURE. BLIGHT. FREEDOM. BREAK. SUFFER. KILL. PAIN. FIGHT. SHADOWS. FEAR. SUFFER. The same words repeated over and over all along the walls and floor.

I feel a chill down my back. I know there is something behind me. I don't want to look, but I know it may be the only way out of this nightmare. I slowly turn around to the wall behind me. And......in..big...blood.....coated..letters.

DAY TO NIGHT, DARK TO LIGHT