• Published 18th Nov 2012
  • 3,000 Views, 57 Comments

Going Rogue - MidnightBlaze



Rogue the changling loses his ability to Change and goes to find the lavender unicorn reponsible... to thank her for saving him. But what's happenning back at the Hive? Rebellion?

  • ...
5
 57
 3,000

Prologue

“No!!!” Twilight's heart was beating like a drum as she galloped down the stairs in her library towards the two Canterlot Guards that were dragging away a limp form. “You don't understand! You can't take him!”

Shining Armor was waiting for her at the bottom of the stairs. He held out a hoof to stop her and keep her back.“Stay back Twily, it's too dangerous. You could get hurt.”

Twilight backed away a step from her brother, a look of indignation on her face. “I could get hurt!?!” With a snort, Twilight decided that enough was enough, and tried to run around him.

“Twilight, stay back!”

Startled, Twilight looked towards her front door where none other than Princess Celestia was standing just inside the entrance as the two guards dragged the form beside her.

“Princess!”

“It was very foalish of you to trust a changling, and even more so to bring one into your home.”

“But, Princess”

Celestia's horn glowed a bright orange as she readied a spell while was walking over to the changling who was lying on the ground, flanked by the two guards. “I'm going to end this right now.”

When Twilight saw what Celestia was about to, she paniced. “ROGUE!!!” Her horn glowed bright purple as the very air around her became charged with magic. A glowing sphere of pure energy surrounded Twilight and suddenly expanded, which knocked Shining Armor to the ground. Twilight's eyes begin to take on a blinding white glow that became brighter and brighter by the second. A single purple bolt of magic struck out from her horn towards Celestia, who was focused entirely on her spell and didn't notice Twilight's actions. The two guards saw the bolt and jump into its path to shield Celestia.

The changling groaned, opened his eyes, and looked over. Seeing what was about to happen, his eyes snapped open and a burst of adrenaline filled his veins. He jumped to his feet and didn't even notice Celestia's spell narrowly miss him, and half ran, half flew with the three of his four wings that weren't injured, around Celestia and the two guards, right into an intercept path with the magic bolt. The blast collided with his body, the resulting shock sent him flying back ten feet, only to be stopped by a wall. He lay on the ground with purple electricity still lingering on him. As the paralyzing spell took hold, he laid there, eyes open, motionless, except for shallow breathing and slow heart beat.

Shining Armor had got back up by now. He looked back to check on Twilight, who was gasping for breath, as he ran over to Celestia and the other guards.

The two guards had cringed and shut their eyes when they had expected the bolt to hit. Confused, they both looked at the fallen changling, and then Celestia, who was looking at it suspiciously. She tentatively walked towards him. Her voice wasn't tinged with anger this time. “Let's get to the bottom of this.” As she was walking she began charging up another spell, and her horn glowed a soft yellow in response. When she reached the changling, she slowly lowered her head and closed her eyes in concentration.

Twilight looked up just as Celestia cast the spell on the changling. She gasped, worried, she teleported over to the changling's side, and began to cast a Shielding Spell. Then she noticed what spell it was and backed off.

The spell flowed from Celestia's horn and into the changling's forehead. It's pupils dilated slightly and it breathed in deeply as the spell took hold. As Celestia stepped back a faint, hollow oval of orange energy formed between the changling and Celestia. Slowly, the oval began to fill in with colors. As the Memory Sight spell finished, Celestia started to browse through the changling's memories at a speed that nopony else could follow, stopping suddenly at a specific memory, merely a week prior to this night, in Everfree Forest. Then the memory began to play in real time.