• ...
10
 63
 4,181

Secrets and Recoveries

Act 2: Recoveries and Secrets

Writing Glory was standing before a council of angry looking alicorns. The one in the middle was Creation. He said: “Glory, you have disgraced the council with your crimes. Because of you, Sting-Ra freed Destruction and many other forms of evil from the scrap box of Creation! You have destroyed our dreams of creating a perfect Equestria! Now, it is a flawed masterpiece at best! It is your fault!”
Writing Glory said: “Please, I’m sorry, give me another chance, if you would just listen, I—“
Creation shouted: “SILENCE! YOU ARE BANISHED FROM ALICORN-HALA FOREVER, AND YOU WILL HAVE YOUR MEMORY WIPED OF THIS DAY. YOU WILL NEVER BE OF ANY USE TO STING-RA OR THE OTHER FORMS OF EVIL! YOUR NAME WILL NOT BE MENTIONED IN THE HISTORY BOOKS, OF LEGEND, OR ANYTHING LESS!”
Writing Glory screamed: “NO! PLEASE! I’VE WORKED SO HARD TO MAKE YOU PROUD! YOU CREATED THE UNIVERSE; I MADE EQUESTRIA FOR US TO CREATE THE CREATURES! PLEASE, GIVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE!” Creation only jumped from the post, horn glowing, and fired a powerful blast. Writing Glory screamed! The blast hit her, her scream echoing throughout the room.



Writing Glory awoke. She had heard shrieks in her dreams. She looked around, seeing that she was in a bed, in a room, under some bright light. Everything was new to her; she had forgotten everything but her life outside of the cave with Sting-Ra. Sting-Ra had always insisted that she was the only alicorn, and that Sting-Ra destroyed all the rest. Recently, she now realized that Sting-Ra was wrong and two alicorns she had found were proof. Sting-Ra had also been wrong about little ponies being cruel and war-mongering creatures. The purple unicorn was proof she had meet; and the orange earth pony was proof as well that the little ponies are peaceful, caring creatures. Writing Glory tried to get up, but was stopped by a strong force of magic. A voice said: “Please, remain in bed.” Writing Glory looked at Celestia, whose horn was glowing. Writing Glory gasped.
Writing Glory said: “You’re like me.” Celestia’s horn stopped glowing.
Celestia said: “Yes, I am an alicorn. This surprises you?”
Writing Glory said: “I thought I was the only one.” Luna came in.
Luna said: “Not exactly. We are rare here. There are more of us in Alicorn-Hala.”
Writing Glory asked, a little fearfully: “Alicorn-Hala?”
Luna said: “Yes Miss…Sorry, we did not get your name.”
Writing Glory muttered: “My name is Writing Glory.”
Luna said: “Could thou not imitate Fluttershy, and repeat yourself?”
Writing Glory said, a bit more louder, “Writing Glory.”
Celestia said: “Please to meet you, I’m Celestia, and this is Luna.”
Luna said: “Charmed, fellow alicorn.”
Writing Glory said: “Where am I? What is this place?”
Celestia said: “Your in the Canterlot medical ward.”
Luna said: “The doctors found it a challenge to treat your wounds, but they did what they could. You can heal yourself, so you’ll be fine.” Writing Glory raised an eyebrow.
Writing Glory said: “What?” Luna frowned.
Luna said: “Thou are not aware of your abilities as an alicorn?”
Writing Glory said: “I, i didn't know we have such things to begin with.” Luna and Celestia gasped.
Celestia said: “Well this is unexpected and unprecedented; you process a horn, yet you don’t know any magic. Could it be possible that, you’re a demi-alicorn—an alicorn that is half Alicorn and half mortal pony. While still blessed with eternal youth, they are still prone to other mortal weaknesses. But don’t worry, you will be restored to true alicorn status. I want to know: why have you come here?”
Writing Glory said: “I escaped.”
Luna said: “From whom?”
Writing Glory said: “I can’t tell you; I do not trust you.”
Celestia said: “You’ll tell us when you’re good and ready, Glory.” Celestia approached the alicorn, horn glowing, and touched Writing Glory.

In Alicorn-Hala, Creation was screaming. Creation said: “My spell’s been damaged! But, who would…?” Creation pondered. Creation said: “I must seek Father Time Stallion; he’ll know what to do.”

The flash ended. Celestia pulled away from Writing Glory. Celestia said: “Go ahead, Glory, rise.” Writing Glory did just that. It was like Sting-Ra’s abuse had never happened.
Writing Glory said: “Thank you, Celestia.”
Celestia said: “You’re very welcome.”
Luna said: “Now, it has come to our attention that you know little of your magic. With our help, we can figure out what magic you process.”
Writing Glory said: “Thanks, but I have been gotten dreams about the my talents. I was able to create animals, plants, landscapes, oceans, and even smaller ponies.” Celestia and Luna were shocked and amazed at this statement. “But I think it is mostly just dreams; I’m not sure if it’s real.”
Celestia said: “Excuse us, for one moment, Writing Glory.” Celestia and Luna walked out of the medical ward.

***

Celestia was rummaging through her books. Luna said: “Sister, you look worried. She insisted they were dreams, nothing else.”
Celestia said: “But Luna, what if we have found a missing piece of Equestia’s history! What if she was a hidden helper of Creation? I mean so hidden that she has been kept secret from even other alicorns. Think about it; she could very well be the 3rd princess.”
Luna said: “Of Equestia?”
Celestia said: “Not just Equestia, dear sister, of the Earth. Writing Glory says she can create life. All we do is sustain life. Writing Glory could be like a daughter for me, and you’ll make a wonderful aunt, Luna.”
Luna said: “Sister, are you sure? Shouldn’t we check with Creation first?”
Celestia said: “Of course. If any pony knows anything more about this, it’s him. I’ll go contact Creation myself. Attend to Glory. If she asks about me, tell her I got caught in a royal meeting.”
***
The room was huge and felt like a black abyss. Celestia’s horn glowed, clearing the shadows. The room was ancient, old, and in ruin in comparison from the rest of the palace. It was decorated with old and broken alicorn statues, a strange looking device, and many, many cobwebs. An owl-like bird creature came forward. It flew towards Celestia and stopped in front of her. The creature said: “It’s been a long time, Celestia.”
Celestia said: “Hello, Speaker of Knowledge. I wish to get the alicorn communicator on so I can tell Creation that—“
The Speaker said: “No. I’m afraid Creation may not be too happy about Writing Glory.”
The Speaker raised his wings and a strange, powerful magic surrounded them both. It disappeared, and the old room suddenly looked new again, as if it had never aged. Celestia said: "Is this, the past?”
The Speaker said: “No, I just decided to clean up the place a little. I think better in nicer accommodations.”
Celestia said: “Sorry about that. Now tell me, why is it a bad idea to inform Creation?”
The Speaker said: “Because, the Alicorn, Writing Glory, as you figured, did create the world.”
Celestia said: “I don’t see why I can’t tell Creation about that.”
The Speaker said: “It’s not something he didn't already knew. Before you and Luna were even born, Writing Glory was Creation’s apprentice and she helped him create the Earth we are on today.” Celestia smiled.
Celestia said: “I knew it! But why has Creation kept her a secret?”
The Speaker said: “It’s because of her greatest mistake. You see, Celestia, Writing Glory was trying to make creatures, creatures that were to bring fascination and joy to the mortal ponies. She was an excellent drawer, but often saw some flaws and wisely rejected these creatures, but one survived, the flying serpent, Sting-Ra. Sting-Ra has the fragments of the other creatures Writing Glory made and has rebuilt them. Discord was one of these creatures, as were the Wendigos.”
Celestia said: “Speaker, if these creatures never escaped, what did Creation intend to do with Glory?”
“Writing Glory was the intended ruler of everything on Earth, including Equestria. You and Luna would have only been given the duty to raise the sun and moon.”
Celestia couldn’t believe it. She was not originally meant to rule Equestia. “Very well, Speaker, I’ll hold off informing Creation. You see, Creation will soon enough forgive Writing Glory for—“
“He already has, and he wanted to save her. But Time insisted that great heroes have to come first. Your student, her friends, and, possibly, Writing Glory, are those heroes. Glory’s dreams will help her in time, but be on guard. If not kept under good guidance, her powers can be hazardous.”
“Thank you for telling me this, Speaker, I’ll tell Luna, Twilight, and her friends. I’ll tell them when the time comes, Speaker.” The Speaker only nodded, and disappeared in a cloud of magic. Celestia closed the door. Celestia said to herself: “This is greater than I thought.”

Luna was with Writing Glory, walking across the garden. Luna was giving Writing Glory a grand tour of the castle. Luna said: “What do you think of the tour so far?”
Writing Glory said, smiling at this: “This is wonderful, I don’t think I ever want to leave here!”
Luna said: “I’m sure Celly would love to have you stay. She said some wonderful things about you.”
Writing Glory said; “Really? Wow, then I guess I made a good impression.”
Celestia walked up to them. Celestia said: “Writing Glory, how do you feel about living with us in Canterlot?”
Writing Glory screamed with glee “WOULD I?”

Celestia said: “Luna, I need to have another private meeting with you.”
Luna said: “Sure, Sister. You can tell me anything….
***
“WHAT?!”
Celestia said: “I wish I could say this is just me being funny again, but it’s true. Writing Glory was intended to be Earth’s empress.”
Luna said: “But, what of the Elements? Of Sting-Ra?”
Celestia said: “Twilight will learn when it is time. As for the beast, that is where the True Empress steps in.”
Luna said: “But-”
Celestia said: "We will still rule Equestia, as the other countries will have their familiar leaders, Glory will just be the other ruler. A ruler of rulers, if you will.”
***

Twilight stared out the window. Twilight said: “I hope that other alicorn is okay. I didn’t even get to know her properly.”
Spike said: “I have this strange feeling you might soon enough—“ Spike vomited a letter. Twilight used her magic to grab it.

Dear Twilight Sparkle, my most faithful student.

The alicorn you found, Writing Glory, has been treated of her injuries and has recovered nicely. She wishes to visit and to thank you. I can trust you’ll know how to make a good impression on this new visitor.

Your ever loving teacher,

Princess Celestia.

Twilight sighed happily. Twilight said: “She’s gonna be okay. What a beautiful name! Writing Glory! Spike, I’m going out to tell my friends to prepare for a special guest that wants to meet us. You can hold things while I’m out.”
Spike said, unamused: “Twilight, I’ve been at the library for two and a half seasons of the real show, and Celestia knows how many fanfics, it’s obvious I’m staying put here.” Twilight stood there, confused, rising an eyebrow.
Twilight said: “I’ll take that as a yes. How post-modern of you; I let you hang out with Pinkie Pie too much, you know that?” With that, Twilight teleported away. Spike looked at the camera and said: “She’ll learn soon enough folks, she’ll learn.”