• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 1,826 Views, 67 Comments

Getting Home - leafz pegasus



Leaf enjoyed his life. He was the famous DJ INS4NITY, and he had a wonderful girlfriend to love as well. But all that changed when he became enveloped in a white light and was sent to another world, with only one thing in mind; to return home.

  • ...
10
 67
 1,826

DJs, Nurses, and Spies

“Eclipse main, this is Eclipse actual. Target is exiting the building, over.”

Precious seconds went by in radio static.

“Eclipse actual, this is Eclipse main. I hear you loud and clear. You are to observe the target only, nothing else, understood, recruit?”

The young Night Marauder gulped. “Sir, yes sir. Understood. I am to observe and to not intervene in any way.”

A light giggle was heard over the broadband. “I expect you to succeed in this, Lightning, I wish to make sure that no harm can come to that boy, he is very dear to me.”

Lightning Dust gave a crisp salute to no one in sight, making it look rather silly. “Sir, yes sir!”

“Oh, and one last thing. STOP ADDRESSING ME AS SIR!”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Just sign here and you can be on your way Mr. Disqe!” Said Nurse Redheart cheerfully.

I picked up the form and signed the appropriate paperwork, which was admittedly slim, considering my situation. “Thanks, Nurse Redheart, and please, call me Disqe or Leaf. Saying mister makes me sound old or something.”

Redheart put her hands on her hips. “Are you calling me old?” she stated with a sly smile.

You’re screwed.

Shut up.

I stumbled over my own words. “N-N-No, I-I-I meant, what I was trying to say- I, er… Why are you laughing?”

The Nurse was covering her mouth with her hand, trying- and failing- to contain her mirth. “It’s alright, Disqe. I’m actually only 25, I’m young enough to be your older sister!”

I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly. “Heh, heh, I guess you’re right… Well, Vinyl and I have some… well, I’m not entirely sure yet. Things I guess, to go do.”

Redheart took the clipboard from me and gave it a quick look over. “Alright, everything seems to be in order. You’re free to go Mr. Dis- I mean, Disqe.”

I looked over to see Vinyl waiting impatiently at the sliding glass doors. “Thanks again, Nurse Redheart!”

The Nurse put the clipboard on her desk. “No problem Disqe, if you ever hurt yourself in anyway, I’ll get you fixed up in no time!”

I turned to walk out the doors to the hospital, when I heard Redheart call from behind me. “And Disqe?” I turned around look at the Nurse, “You can call me Jane.”

I flashed the nice nurse a smile before turning around and walking out of the building.

“So, how’d it go with Nurse Redheart?” Vinyl nudged me with an elbow, “Did ya score her number or what?”

My face flushed red in an instant. “WHA- NO! I already have a girlfriend, remember?”

Vinyl’s face scrunched up in thought. “Oh, right. Oh well. C’mon, my club is down this way if we cut across by Town hall.”

You’re being watched.

What?

In the tree, 50 feet straight and 10 feet to the right. Third branch up. There’s a Avian girl with NM written on her jacket.

…Damn Insanity, I didn’t know you were like a freaking ninja!

There are many things you don’t know about me Disqe. Be careful to remember that.

All right Mr. Ominous, what should I do about it.

Absolutely nothing.

What.

You heard me. Just walk along with Ms. Scratch until you get into a building. If they wanted to harm you, they would have done so already.

Huh, you have a valid point there. So just ignore them, but remember that they’re there?

Precisely.

Also, where’d your accent go? Now you sound more like these people with your current accent. Even your vocabulary has increased. You sound almost regal now.

I’m a voice in your head; I can have any accent I want.

Huh. I never thought of it like that.

He actually bought that

What?

Nothing.

Oh okay, well Vinyl is talking again.

“…And over there is where I got my friend Octavia so drunk she actually flashed Soarin’ when the Wonderbolts were in town!”

Damn, I haven’t even been that drunk before. “You’re shitting me, right? That is classic! That is… that is just, my God. I can’t even describe the hilarity I would have felt had I been there!”

“Yeah, well. That plan kinda backfired on me when Octavia and Soarin’ started to date shortly after that.” Vinyl stopped walking and had an odd look on her face, “Come to think of it. I don’t think I’ve ever had a boyfriend either. Huh, odd.”

I had to lift my jaw from the floor.

A DJ who’s never had a girlfriend before? What kind of fucked up Hell am I in?!

“How the Hell have you of all people not have had a boyfriend? You’re a DJ, you’re famous, and probably rather wealthy because you are famous. Who wouldn’t want that?”

Vinyl just shrugged. “Apparently no one.”

I pulled Vinyl into a sideways hug with one arm. “Don’t worry, Vinyl. There’s bound to be someone out there! All you have to do is find him!”

I smiled evilly. “Or her.”

Vinyl punched me in the shoulder. “Oh fuck you, Disqe!”

I lifted my hands in the air as if being arrested. “If you insist.”

“Ugh, what am I going to do with you.”

“Well you just said you were going to f-“ I quickly silenced by another punch to the arm.

“Okay, okay, I’ll stop. By the way, is that your club up there?”

Vinyl turned forward. “Huh, oh yeah! That’s it, my club!”

Yyyyyyeeeeeeessssssss.

Vinyl looked over to me and I met her stare straight on. We both knew what we were about to do.

“Race you to the door!” We said simultaneously.

As it turns out, Vinyl is a little speedy Gonzales, and she beat me by at least ten seconds.

“Damn… Vinyl, you… are a fast… little DJ, aren’t ya?”

Vinyl looked down at my prone form, barely breathing hard. “Yeah, I was on my high schools track team. I might be a magi, but I still try to stay in shape.”

Vinyl held out her hand and I graciously grabbed it and Vinyl helped me up from the ground.

“Thanks, Vinyl.” My attention was grabbed by the soft thumping coming from inside the club, “Um, Vinyl? What is that?”

“Nothing.” Vinyl replied a little too quickly.

A few seconds later the music stopped and I could hear a few hushed whispers through the door.

It’s a trap.

No shit, Sherlock.

“Ookaaayy… I’ll just… ignore that.”

I opened the door to the club and found that it was dark. Not a normal club dark, but pitch black, as if someone turned off the lights-

“SURPRISE!”

“HOLY SHIT!” I shouted as I fell back down onto the floor.

As I was getting up, a pink blur assaulted me.

“Didyoulikeyoursurprisepartyhuhhuhhuh?!”

“Uh. Pinky? I think you’re straddling him.”

Pinky looked down, and giggled. “Hehe! That’s what she said!” and with that, she got off and, well, disappeared.

“what… just… happened?”

Vinyl gave me a tired look. “Just sum it up to it’s Pinkie Pie, alright?”

“Um, okay. Do you want to see who’s the better DJ?”

Vinyl smirked and pulled down her shirt a bit and showed me her shoulder. “I have a cutie mark in music, good luck beating me.”

Vinyl pulled her shirt back up and jumped onto the stage. “Heeeellllllllllllloooo, Ponyville! You guys ready to rock!”

“YEAH!” responded a chorus of shouts.

“Let’s get this show on the road!”

“Ha, top that Disqe!”

I gave her a smirk of my own. “I think I have something.”

I put on my shades and I could feel Insanity take control.

You got this, bro?

Since when have I not?

I couldn’t see his face, but I could tell he was smiling.

Insanity jumped onto the stage and put a vinyl record from thin air and put it on the turntable.

How’d you do that?

A magician never reveals his tricks, Disqe.

Damn it.

Insanity took the glasses off and I was able to take back control.

“So, Vinyl. How was that for music!”

Vinyl tried to hide her admiration. …I think. “That was pretty good, you almost beat me.”

I just shrugged. “Oh well, I’ll try better next time. But next time, I’ll beat you. Not Insanity.”

Just then, Pinkie decided to show up. “Who wants to get drunk!”

Vinyl and I both gave Pinkie an odd look. “What the fuck, Pinkie.” We said in unison.

“What, everyone does.”

Huh, I guess she’s right.

“Eh, what the Hell.” I took a shot glass from Pinkie, and downed the drink.

Idiot. Was the last thing I remember before passing out in a drunken stupor.

Author's Note:

I IS SORRY.