• Published 7th Nov 2012
  • 1,128 Views, 14 Comments

The Element of Love - Servant Phoenix



The bearers of Harmony are called to account for not acting worthy to their element.

  • ...
4
 14
 1,128

The Gathering

Twilight Sparkle relaxed with her elbows on the window ledge of her treehouse. The sun warmed up her face as she listened to the noises of the town with closed eyes. She was listening to the songs of birds, which was occasionally disturbed by the laugh of fillies coming with the wind. The school was on summer holiday, which mean that the Cutie Mark Crusaders had more free time. Twilight only hoped that their new plans of acquiring their cutie marks didn't include pyromancy.

She glanced up at the sun and sighed. “Break is over." She trotted back to her books and continued to levitate them to their place. Spike took a day off to finish some important business in Canterlot, he had said he would be back as soon as possible and had left with the first train in the morning. Well, everyone needs a day off sometimes. I still wonder what was that important business, Twilight thought as she was putting the books in order.

During the cleanup, she found many books she had read before. “Hm... this goes, here I guess... and that goes, hm... Supernaturals...” Twilight chuckled as she remembered how she hadn't believed that a book with such a title could help.

After putting it under S, she glanced at another book, this time with a red cover, decorated with a golden unicorn head. “The Elements of Harmony: A Reference Guide." Twilight sighed. "It was only a year ago, but it feels like I've lived an entire lifetime in those months,” she said as she was moving the book… under E. She smiled as she remembered how easy it had been for Pinkie Pie to find that title. Then she furrowed her eyebrows and stopped the book, now floating in the air.

“If I remember correctly, I didn’t read the whole book. Silly me," she said with a chuckle. "I was too busy moving to Ponyville and having fun with my friends. Better late than never, I guess." She levitated the book back to the front of her eyes and opened it at the table of contents.

“Let’s see: Purpose, The Definition of the Elements, Last Know Location, Purity of the Bearers. Hmm... Purity of the Bearers?”

Twilight turned around with the book floating in front of her and used her magic to turn the pages. The smile on her face slowly curved down as she kept reading the chapter. “...and the bearers can only be saved by the Element of Love?!“ Twilight released the telekinetic hold of the book, making it fall to the ground with a thud.

“I must inform the girls, now. Spike!” Twilight called, but she quickly remembered the absence of her dragon assistant. She groaned. “Never mind, I’ll just teleport them together.”

Satisfied with her solution, she began executing the spell. As she narrowed her eyes, her horn shimmered purple while she concentrated on the image of Sweet Apple Acres in her mind. She then released the magic collected in her horn, making her vanish.


“Are ya comin', Apple Bloom?” asked Applejack from the doorstep of their house. “Lunch is ready!”

Apple Bloom put down the sticks she was playing with. “I am!” she called as she galloped towards Applejack.

A flash of light appeared behind Apple Bloom, revealing Twilight Sparkle, bowing her head with clenched eyes.

“Oh heya, Twilight! Why the rush?” asked Applejack with a raised eyebrow.

Twilight, after shaking of the daze from the teleport, answered, “No time to explain. You have to come with me right now.” She started walking towards Applejack with her horn shimmering.

“Wha? Uhm... Apple Bloom!” she turned to her little sister. “Ah’ll be late for lunch today. Tell that to Granny and Mac.”

“Okay!” Apple Bloom answered with a smile. “See ya later!”

“See ya later!”

Twilight reached Applejack, and after a flash, both of them were in library.

Applejack opened her eyes first. She looked around nervously and asked Twilight, “Okay, now Twilight, what was so important?”

Twilight, standing next to her, had already began casting another teleport spell. Okay, now Fluttershy’s cottage. She thought and vanished, leaving Applejack unanswered.

“Twilight? Hmph...”


Fluttershy, who had just finished teaching a group of jays to sing, was trotting back to her cottage. It’s time to feed my little animal friends. Mr. Mousey must be hungry by now, she thought, then squeaked when a big flash appeared just in front of her, revealing Twilight Sparkle.

“Twi... Twilight...” Fluttershy panted. “You scared me so much!”

Twilight looked up. “I’m sorry Fluttershy. I didn’t mean to scare you, but I must gather all of us to the library.” Her horn glowed.

“But... but Mr. Mo—”


When Twilight and Fluttershy appeared in the library, Applejack tried to ask Twilight again, “Now can ya tell me what the hay is—” but before she could finish, Twilight had already teleported away.

Fluttershy, realizing her new location, looked around and noticed Applejack. “Oh. Hello Applejack. Uhm... do you know why did Twilight move me here? I was about to feed the critters at my cottage.”

“Well Ah know nothin’ about why Twilight put us here, Ah reckon’d ya might know it better.”

“Well, she said that she needed all of us gathered here in the library,” Fluttershy replied.

“All of us? Hmm...” Applejack grimaced. “Then Ah reckon it’s better to ask when we’re all here.”

“I think you are right,” replied Fluttershy with a nod.


Pinkie Pie was serving a long line of customers in the Sugarcube Corner. It was lunchtime, and nopony wanted to miss Pinkie's freshly baked cupcakes.

"Thanks, Pinkie," said the blue stallion standing in front. He grabbed the bag of cupcakes in his mouth and walked away from the counter.

"Anytime, Noteworthy. Next!"

Ponies stepped forward, creating a gap in the line. A white-maned yellow pony, who was the fourth in the line, tried to step forward, but was forced to jerk her head away by a sudden purple light. When she turned to look, she saw Twilight standing in front of her.

“Hey, Twilight! That’s not fair! The end of the line is outside of the building!”

Twilight realized her current position and apologized, “I’m sorry, I didn't mean to cut the queue.” She stepped out of it.

The white-yellow pony closed her eyes and raised her head. “Apology accepted.”

Pinkie Pie noticed her friend. “Oh, hey Twilight! It’s so good to see you here! Do you wanna taste my cupcakes? I just made them. I got a purple one also, just for you.“ She stood on her hind hooves, holding the pastry in her front hoof.

Twilight shook her head and trotted towards Pinkie Pie. “Sorry, Pinkie, but no time for cupcakes. You must come with me.” Her horn glowed.

“Oh, okie-dokie!” said Pinkie and then turned to the others in the shop. “Sorry everypony, the shop is closed. See you later!” Pinkie waved with her other hoof until she and Twilight disappeared in a glint.

“What? Then... Oh, great.” The white-yellow pony hung her head.


Pinkie Pie got caught off balance at the arrival. “Aaaah!” She fell over, but still managed to catch the purple cupcake. “Gotcha!” She grinned.

“Hi Pinkie,” Fluttershy said. “Nice to see you.”

Twilight already vanished.

Pinkie stood up. “Hello, everypony!” She glanced at the former position of Twilight. “Is she going for Rarity now?”

“Why do ya think so?” Applejack asked.

“Well, you were here first right?”

“Yup.“

"Then Fluttershy?"

"Yes," Fluttershy said.

“Then the next one is me, then Rarity, just how that book said. Oh,”—Pinkie Pie began to bounce—“is it gonna be a party? Maybe an Elements of Harmony party? Why didn't Twilight tell me before? I'd have brought my party cannon!”

Applejack raised an eyebrow. "Which book are ya talking about?"

"The Elements of Harmony: A Reference Guide!" Pinkie answered, beaming.

“Well, I think Pinkie is right,”—Fluttershy shuffled with a hoof—“but Twilight didn't say anything about a party. She only said we must be gathered in the library.“

“Of course, you silly! How could a pony make an Elements of Harmony party without all of the Elements? It’s like making a wedding party without a wife, or making a pet party without pets, or...” Pinkie continued creating examples, much to Applejack’s annoyance.


Rarity locked the main door of Carousel Boutique. It’s time to take a little break. A wonderful day such as this shall not be wasted indoors, she thought and put a 'Closed' sign on the door, then she began her walk towards the bridge.

Twilight appeared behind her, facing the door of the boutique. Hm... closed. She knocked on the door and called, “Rarity, are you in there?”

Rarity, still being in earshot, turned around. “Ah, hello Twilight! Do you need something?”

Twilight teleported next to Rarity, and began casting a long-range group-teleport spell.

Rarity's eyes widened. “What’s wrong, darling?”

“Just a minute, and I will explain everything,“ Twilight quickly replied, and then they were gone.


“You see? You see? I was right! I was right!" Pinkie Pie cried and bounced as Rarity appeared next to Twilight Sparkle.

“Okay,” Twilight said. “Now to Rainbow Dash.”

“Stop, you silly filly! You can't walk on clouds!” Pinkie said, but Twilight was already casting the teleport spell.

“Wha—” Twilight's eyes went wide, and she vanished.

“Twilight!”


Twilight appeared over Dash’s house. “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” Twilight shrieked as fell. “Oh, please, please, please work now WORK,” she shouted, trying to cast a walk-on-cloud spell, but couldn’t finish it before she reached Rainbow’s house. Twilight fell through the clouds. “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” She flailed with all her hooves.

Then she was struck by a rainbow. “Stop moving! You're heavy already.“

Twilight, now hovering on the air, sighed and glanced up. Rainbow Dash smiled at her. “You freaked me out with your scream.” She was rapidly flapping with her wings. “But I came in time.“

“Yes, you did. Thank you.”

“Now what was soooo important, that made you teleport yourself three hundred feet up in the air?” Rainbow Dash asked, tilting her left eyebrow.

“I'll explain everything in a second, just let me teleport us to the library. The rest of the girls are already there."

“In flight? Uhm, okay, whatever you want. I don't mind if I don't have to carry you to the ground. Have you just had a big lunch or something?“

"Very funny, Rainbow." Twilight charged up her spell and executed it.