• Published 5th Nov 2012
  • 3,197 Views, 34 Comments

The Land Before Time XIV:Ponies of Prehistory - Laci the Hunter



The mane six and Spike end up in prehistoric Earth,make new friends and defeat Chrysalis

  • ...
11
 34
 3,197

The journey begins

Chapter IV:The journey begins

Equestria year 1001 of Celestia's rain

After 24 hours of intense examining and studying,since the transletion spell couldn't help,Twilight Sparkle finally decoded the strange purple books weird writing. Spike of course being worried about his friend decided to go to her and try to talk to Twilight and said:


-Twilight, when are you going to put that book down already?-he asked with concern –You've been up even all night and don't tell me that you're not tired cause I can see that you can almost keep you're eyes open.


The unicorn realizing that she turned to her left and looked down to her faithful dragon friend. After a moment of silence she finally spoke:


-It's ok Spike, really.-she said in a calm, tone-And you don't have to worry about me cause I've finally figured it out.


Having said that she used her telekenisis magic to make it flowte in front of her as she started to walk away from her desk and down to the library. Spike of course followed her. When they got out of there room she was about to speak when all of a sudden:


*KNOCK*

*KNOCK*

*KNOCK*


It came from the door and Spike, as usual, went there and answered it. As he opened the wooden door he saw 5 familiar faces greeting him outside: Applejack, Rainbow Dash ,Rarity, Fluttershy and of course Pinkie Pie. Spike then opened the door even more so that the 5 equins can enter. When they did they crowded there friend Twilight and began asking a lot of questions. Some like: Are you all right? How long have you stood up? When did you rest the last time? and so on and so on. Twilight couldn't answer all of the questions but she did say something else indeed:


-Girls ,it's alright I'm ok.-she said it calming her friends down-I stood up all night because I was trying to decode the writing in this book here.-she showed them the old purple book with the strange symbol on it's cover and she spoke again-But I finally managed do figure it out.


-Wait, now, hold on a second!-Applejack exclaimed with a rather angryish tone-You mean you stood up all night just to figure what this shabby old book says?!


-Well, yeah.-Twilight said trying to crack a smile to her angry friend.


-Oh, come on Twilight-Rainbow Dash began-you can't just sit up all night starring at some book! Besides how hard can it be to read anyway? Give me that!-she then took the book from her friend and then opened it. To her surprise Twilight was right, she could only understand the drawing but not the words.


-You were saying Rainbow?-Twilight asked in a rather annoyed tone her flying friend. RD then handed the book back to Twilight who then spoke again-OK now listen I just was about to read this but then you guys showed up and…


-Oh, uhm…sorry about that-said Fluttershy in her own shy way.


-It's okay Fluttershy.-said Twilight in reasureing tone-But I guess now that you're all here I guess I could reveal it to you now.


-Well let's here it then darling.-said Rarity, a bit excited.


-Yeah Twilight let's here it then!-Pinkie Pie exclaimed in her own super excited way.


-Alright then, if you all insist.-said Twilight and then she opened the book to the beginning.


-Ahem, "From the earth of the fourth era-Twilight began reading it,in the translated version. Spike meanwhile joined in as Twilight continued-rise the ashes of the times past ours. From these ashes shell rise the true world from the past and reveal our home before our existence .By the power and will of Talos and the eight divines I besitch you, open the door to our past lives and let us witness it's grandour."-Twilight stopped reading because whatever it was there was no more of it.


-Okay…sooo….what the heck was that?-asked Rainbow Dash in a confusing maner.


-I don't know.-Twilight answered with just as much confusion-But I think it's some kind of enchantment.


-An enchantment for what?-Spike asked and all he got was a shrug by everypony present in the room.


After a brief moment of silence everyone began to suddenly feel a strange briese swirling around them. Then strange strings of light began to appear and they seemed to surround the 7 present beings. Pretty soon the winds began to get even bigger and the lights brighter. Before anyone could say anything Twilight suddenly spoke up:


-Quick, everypony, hold on to yourselfs!-she exclaimed real loudly.


Everyone gathered up in a pile as the mysterious light grew even brighter. Then they all closed there eyes as the light reached it's heist point and in a slightly brief zap of light the group vanished, without a traise.


To be continued