• Published 4th Nov 2012
  • 3,550 Views, 92 Comments

The Elements of Disharmony: Necessary Corruption - Night_Shine



As the Elements of Disharmony seek out wielders among the fallen and redeemed villains of Equestrian history, the Wielders of Harmony must prepare for the coming storm.

  • ...
6
 92
 3,550

19: Dawn

No one remembers who was first to look outside when the light returned.

At first none of us dared to make a sound. We remembered the last time that they had showed up from nowhere and turned our lives upside down. We all remember hoping someone would put it right without knowing who, or where, or when. None of us risked stepping outside. We didn't know when we would be safe. So we waited.

But someone was the first to look.

Someone peeked out their window that day and saw that first golden ray breach the horizon. Someone was the first to run through the house telling everyone to look outside. Someone was the first to tell their family that it was over, that we were safe, that we could finally come out and see for ourselves that our lives had returned.

None of us remembers who was the first to open their door and step into the sunlight.

What we remember is hearing the cheers echo in the streets. We remember hearing our neighbors laughing. We remember the moment we decided that it was finally safe enough for us to open the door.

We remember when we first saw our friends and families, learning that everyone was okay. We remember seeing the same relief on everyone's face. We remember the parties that popped up everywhere we looked, the voices calling us to join in the fun. We remember seeing the whole city wake up and live that morning. We remember stepping back into our lives with a smile.

Above all, we remember how good it felt to see the sun again.

Comments ( 3 )

10659736 Thank you for sticking around long enough to see this story through to the end. I don't think I'm capable of fully expressing how much that means to me.

Next chapter should be the last.

JD1

After a decadeā€¦ it finally happened.

If I may be over dramatic (clearing throat noises)... IT LIVES!!!

Login or register to comment