• Published 31st Oct 2012
  • 3,055 Views, 67 Comments

D Reincarnation - Emma Iveli



Pinkie always wondered why she had weird memories and weird abilities. As it turned out she's the reincarnation of a human named Monkey D. Luffy. And it turns out she wasn't the only reincarnation.

  • ...
10
 67
 3,055

Nerves of Steel

Chapter 2: Nerves of Steel

Fluttershy woke up in the morning; she fed all of the animals and looked up at the sky. She wondered if somepony else would show up. That pony might have been scared off by Pinkie, but there might be another that would show up and try to ponynap her.

“Hi Fluttershy!” exclaimed Pinkie, who appeared before Fluttershy.

Fluttershy jumped into the air, “Oh, hi Pinkie Pie…” sighed Fluttershy after realizing it was just Pinkie.

“So are you ready to start training?” asked Pinkie Pie.

“I don’t know…” said Fluttershy, “I mean…”

“Oh come on. If you use Haki, you might be able to be more assertive.” Said Pinkie, “I think… maybe. I know it runs on will power…”

“I guess…” sighed Fluttershy.

“All right!” cheered Pinkie.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Meanwhile at the library, Twilight was making the check list for the day while thinking about certain things, mostly about Fluttershy.

“Why don’t you just call the Fruit Brigade?” asked Spike.

The Fruit Brigade was a squad of the Royal Guard who dealt with rouge Devil’s Reincarnations. Not only that, but the squad was made up entirely of Devil’s Reincarnation. They offered Twilight a spot but she declined in order to further her studies.

That she felt somewhat uncomfortable around most of them due to the fact her past life made enemies of their past lives, along with a fact there was an incident as well…

It was complicated…

“I know I have to, but not yet.” Said Twilight, “There’s a lot I have to do…”

“What, are going to make a checklist?” asked Spike.

“I already did.” Said Twilight.

Spike face clawed, he should have known she would have.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Outside Fluttershy’s house Pinkie began her lesson.

“You see it surrounds us, penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.” explained Pinkie who realized something, “Oh wait… never mind. Wrong thing.”

Fluttershy knew it was best to wait until Pinkie figured out how best to explain it.

“Well you see… no… I can’t explain it like Rayleigh did…” mumbled Pinkie, “Oh I got it! It’s like magic! Except it’s something everypony can do… except for the Haki you have. Only like one in a million can…”

“Really? Only one in a million?” asked Fluttershy.

“Yeah, Luffy only knew a few other guys who did.” Said Pinkie.

“So… how do I unleash it?” asked Fluttershy.

There was an awkward silence.

“I forgot.” Said Pinkie.

That was when Angel kicked Pinkie in the face.

“What was that for?” asked Pinkie.

Angel just glared at Pinkie.

“Now Angel, Pinkie is just trying to help.” Said Fluttershy.

Angel sighed, he knew this wasn’t something he could help her with… unless he dialed up her jerkass tendencies… again.

“I’m not that good a teacher.” Sighed Pinkie.

“It’s okay.” Said Fluttershy.

“I’m also not used to using Haki except for the pinkie sense, and even then it got to the point I couldn’t control it.” Said Pinkie, “And I can use Haoshoku and control it, but I just don’t use it that often to be able to teach you…”

“Don’t worry, it will be fine.” Said Fluttershy, “I’m sure that was the only one after me.”

She knew that she was probably wrong, but she needed to cheer up Pinkie.

Pinkie knew this as well.

“Okay,” said Pinkie, “You want to get lunch?”

“That would be nice.” Said Fluttershy.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Meanwhile the silver earth pony arrived in Ponyville.

“So this is the place?” he said to himself, “It’s quaint.”

At the same time he walked past Twilight and Spike.

“So next is to return that book to Zecora.” Said Spike.

“Okay.” Said Twilight.

When the two walked passed each other, both got a feeling, he continued but Twilight didn’t.

“Twilight what’s wrong?” asked Spike.

Twilight didn’t respond, she just kept staring at the silver stallion.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()

At an outdoor café Fluttershy and Pinkie talked.

“Wait, Luffy was a colt?” asked Fluttershy.

“Yeah. Weird right?” Said Pinkie, “Turns out it’s pretty common for men to be reborn as fillies, although the book never said anything about the other way around.”

“What about Twilight?” asked Fluttershy.

“Robin was a mare.” Said Pinkie, “Or a woman, or whatever.”

“I wonder if there are any others like you in Ponyville.” mused Fluttershy.

“I’m guessing Lyra’s one.” Said Pinkie.

“Why?” asked Fluttershy.

“She’s one of the few that know what a human is.” Said Pinkie.

Lyra wasn’t one, she just knew about humans because she knew a Devil’s Reincarnation very closely.

“I didn’t know that Lyra knew what a human was.” Said Fluttershy.

“Yeah. According to Bonbon, its weird.” Said Pinkie, “But you didn’t hear it from me.”

“Excuse me.” Said a voice.

They turned to see the silver stallion.

“Yes?” asked Fluttershy.

“Are you Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie?” asked the stallion.

Both of them got concerned.

“Why do you want to know?” asked Pinkie.

“Come with me Fluttershy and no pony gets hurt.” Said the silver stallion.

“You’re working with that spring guy aren’t you?” asked Pinkie.

The stallion nodded as blade came out of his hooves and pointed at Pinkie.

“So what will it be?” he asked.

Fluttershy began to get nervous.

“I know you. You’re that knife guy who always hung out with Crocodile.” Said Pinkie.

The stallion nodded, “So what the answer?”

“No.” said Pinkie, “She’s not going with you.”

The stallion proceeded to slice up the table, causing ponies to run; most of them unsure what was going on.

“The horror! The horror!” cried Lily who was at a nearby table with the other flower named ponies.

“Blades are coming out of his body!” cried Daisy.

Rose on the other hand was surprisingly not freaking out in her usual way. She was scared, but it was different than usual.

“It can’t be…” she whispered.

The two other flower ponies looked at each other and grabbed her.

“You know your Gum Gum Powers won’t work on me so give up.” Said the Stallion.

However the stallion suddenly stopped his attacking, because he was surrounded by a magic aura.

“Stop this now.” Said Twilight.

“Twilight, I thought today was your errands day.” Said Pinkie.

“Don’t worry, I’m doing that too.” Said Twilight.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Meanwhile Twilight… well actually a clone of hers came back into Ponyville with Spike. Spike on the other hand stared at her.

“Why don’t you use this power more often again?” he asked.

Twilight’s clone didn’t respond. This wasn’t the first time she did this to finish her errands, and it wouldn’t be the last.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Back at the cafe, the silver stallion glared at Twilight, however he came up with an idea. His tail turned into a sword, due to the weight and shape change Twilight lost control of her magic.

The silver stallion turned to Twilight and narrowed his eyes.

“So I take you know all about Devil’s Reincarnation.” Said the Silver Stallion.

Twilight gritted her teeth, “Crocodile’s reincarnation is in this too, isn’t he?” asked Twilight.

“No… you’re one too.” Muttered the silver stallion, “And Crocodile’s reincarnation is a mare.”

“Wow that’s a surprise.” Said Pinkie.

“I don’t know why I’m not surprised.” sighed Twilight.

“Your magic is no match for me.” said the silver stallion, “Well at least for now. I know you’re Celestia’s student, you just need a lot of calculations… just give me Fluttershy and no pony gets hurt.”

Before they could do anything. A bolt of lighting came from the sky and shocked him.

That lighting came from Rainbow Dash.

“Hey I don’t know who you are but do you really think we would just hand over Fluttershy to you?” asked Rainbow Dash, “What’s going on here exactly?”

“We’ll explain later.” Sighed Twilight, “Do you think you can up the volts?”

“Sure thing!” said Rainbow Dash.

She went back to the thundercloud and began to rain more lighting.

However as the lighting rained down the stallion just stood there.

“You really think this will work?” asked the silver stallion, “I became immune to lighting years ago.”

That was when Applejack also showed up, hearing about the commotion. She grabbed a rope and tried to lasso him. However, having eaten the Dice Dice Fruit in a past life, he was able to cut the rope by just creating blades.

“That’s it!” said Twilight as she looked at Rainbow Dash, “Go ask Rarity to see if she has an unbreakable diamond filament tether.”

“A what?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“She’ll know what it is.” Said Twilight.

“Okay then.” Said Rainbow Dash as she flew off.

The silver stallion glared at Fluttershy.

“If you won’t come with me then.” Said the silver stallion.

He created blades on his hooves much like ice stake and skated towards Twilight. Twilight teleported out of the way, but not before creating a couple of hooves to trip him up, allowing for a short reprieve.

The silver stallion looked at the hoof that tripped him.

“So it’s you. I should have known.” He said.

He sliced both legs, and not only did they disappear, but Twilight’s legs began to bleed.

“Twilight, are you okay?” asked Fluttershy.

“I’m fine.” Said Twilight.

“You’re not fine if you’re bleeding.” Said Applejack, as she looked at the silver stallion.

Fluttershy began to shake. She knew she had to do something.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()

At Carousel boutique, Rarity got out the last of the unbreakable diamond tether she had.

“Be careful with it, it’s the last one I have. Do you know how hard it is to make?” asked Rarity.

“Wait, if it’s unbreakable then why do we need to be careful?” asked Rainbow Dash.

Rarity tried to come up with response but couldn’t.

“Okay, gotta Dash!” said Rainbow Dash.

Before she could leave, Rarity called out, “Wait. If the others are in trouble I’m coming too.”

“I don’t think you’d be of help with this guy, he’s really tough.” Said Rainbow Dash.

Rarity glared at her. The two of them considered Fluttershy their very best friend. Even if she could barely help, she wasn’t going to let Fluttershy get ponynapped.

“Fine.” Muttered Rainbow Dash.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Back at the café, Pinkie knew what she had to do.

“I'm going to fight him.” She said.

“Are you sure?” asked Twilight.

“I’m sure.” Said Pinkie.

Applejack looked at Pinkie.

“I’m missing something, aren’t I?” she asked.

“Yeah…” sighed Twilight.

Pinkie stepped forward, however Fluttershy stopped her. She was in full on stare mode as she glared at the stallion.

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING!” she yelled.

“Pony feathers.” Cursed the stallion.

“HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU!” yelled Fluttershy.

The full force of Fluttershy’s Haki caused him to pass out.

“Oh dear.” Said Fluttershy.

“You did it!” Pinkie shouted as she hugged Fluttershy.

“Wow, that was amazing.” Said Twilight who flinched.

“We really need to get you bandaged up.” Said Fluttershy.

That was when Rainbow Dash and Rarity arrived with the diamond filament tether.

“What happed?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“And what’s going on?” asked Applejack.

Twilight looked at Pinkie, and she nodded. They knew that they couldn’t hide it for long.

“I’ll explain after we tie him up.” Said Twilight.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()

They tied up the stallion and took him to the library where Spike was waiting alone.

“I was so worried about you when your clone disappeared.” Said Spike.

“You can create clones?” asked Rainbow Dash, then again she though it was magic and shrugged.

“I’m fine.” Said Twilight whose legs were bandaged up, “Just a little scratch.”

“So what’s going on?” asked Rarity.

“Who was that guy?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“Why does he want to ponynap Fluttershy?” asked Applejack.

Twilight took a deep breath before she looked at her friends.

“Do you know what a Devil’s Reincarnation is?” asked Twilight.

Both Rainbow Dash and Rarity shook their heads no.

“So that’s what he is, well I should have known.” Mumbled Applejack.

“You know about them?” asked Pinkie.

“Every time one happens, there’s always one in the apple family.” Said Applejack, “One of my cousins actually.”

“Oh…” said Twilight.

Twilight began to explain everything that been going on, and Pinkie joined in as well.

“So wait, you and Pinkie have super powers because your past lives did?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“Yep!” said Pinkie.

“And there are many other ponies like that all throughout out Equestria?” asked Rarity.

Yeah.” Sighed Twilight.

“Hey, I understand why they kept it a secret.” said Applejack, “There’s a lot of stories of them being shunned for being different.”

“Oh…” said Rarity.

“But then why do they want Fluttershy?” muttered Rainbow Dash.

“Didn’t Coil tell you? It’s because she’s the only known natural born Haoshoku Haki user.” Said the silver stallion.

“All right!” yelled Pinkie, “Who are you working for?”

“What are you going to do? Hand me over to Princess Celestia and the Fruit Brigade?” asked the stallion.

“Dear Princess Celestia…” began Twilight.

“All right! All right! I’ll talk!” Shouted the stallion. “We’re known as the Devil’s Alliance. We’re trying to take over Equestria and turn it into separate states.”

“Why?” asked Twilight.

“That’s all I’m saying. Besides, the higher ups allowed me to at least give you that information.” Said the silver stallion.

“Higher ups?” asked Twilight.

“That’s all I’m telling you.” Said the Silver Stallion.

“You already said that.” Said Pinkie.

The stallion rolled his eyes then began to struggle again the tether, but couldn’t.

“Unbreakable diamond filament tether, I made it myself.” Said Rarity.

The silver stallion muttered under his breath.

“What are we going to do with him?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“We don’t have much of a choice,” said Twilight. “We’ll have to turn him in to the Fruit Brigade.”

“What’s the Fruit Brigade?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“It’s a part of the Princesses Guard that’s made up of Devil’s Reincarnations.” Answered Twilight.

“Well if they all have super powers…” mumbled Rarity.

“Fine, do it.” Muttered the Silver Stallion.

He gave an evil smirk. He knew the others would rescue him.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Meanwhile at what is called the Devil’s Alliance headquarters.

“Steel’s been captured.” Said the Pegasus.

“Well I guess we shouldn’t be too surprised.” Said the black unicorn earning a glare from the brown earth pony.

“What are we going to do?” asked a dark grey Pegasus stallion.

“We wait until they transfer him, then we rescue him.” Said the black unicorn.

Little did they know that by doing that it was going to set off a chain of events that would make things worse for both sides of the fight.