• Published 31st Oct 2012
  • 3,046 Views, 67 Comments

D Reincarnation - Emma Iveli



Pinkie always wondered why she had weird memories and weird abilities. As it turned out she's the reincarnation of a human named Monkey D. Luffy. And it turns out she wasn't the only reincarnation.

  • ...
10
 67
 3,046

A King's Soul

D Reincarnation
By Emma Iveli

Chapter 1: A King’s Soul

Pinkamena “Pinkie” Diane Pie had a secret, a secret that she was never wanted to tell anyone. After all, her parents pretended she didn’t have it, and her sisters… well they were supportive but in the end she didn’t care about sharing it. After all, it was strange even for her… and she didn’t even understand it. Though to be fair she didn’t care about understanding it.

Little did she know that secret was going to come out, and she was finally going to know what it was… what she was… or rather who she was in another life…

It all started one day when Gummy was sick, so she decided to take him to Fluttershy. He was coughing and wheezing, the poor baby alligator was unable to breath.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()

“Oh Gummy.” Sighed Fluttershy as she took care of the baby alligator.

“Is he going to okay?” asked Pinkie who was watching what was going on.

Fluttershy nodded. She asked Gummy to open his mouth, then she reached in and pulled out a deflated balloon.

“This was making him sick.” Sighed Fluttershy.

“Gummy! I told you stop eating balloons.” scolded Pinkie, “You know what happens when you do!”

Gummy on the other hand just stood there, blinking in his usual way.

“Oh I can’t stay mad at you.” Said Pinkie before she hugged Gummy.

She looked at Fluttershy, “I can’t thank you enough.” Said Pinkie, “I know! A party!”

“You don’t have to.” Said Fluttershy.

“But you’re my friend!” said Pinkie, “And you just saved Gummy’s life!”

Fluttershy smiled… she knew there was no stopping Pinkie when she was like this.

That was when there was a knock on the door.

“I bet it’s someone else who needs help for their pet.” Said Pinkie.

Fluttershy opened the door to find a rather large yellow earth pony stallion with a spring for his cutie mark standing there.

“So are you Fluttershy?” asked the earth pony.

Fluttershy squeaked which sounded like a yes.

“So, is it true you have that thing called “The Stare”?” asked the pony.

Fluttershy once again squeaked, which vaguely sounded like a yes.

“Well then, you’re coming with me!” yelled the stallion.

He grabbed Fluttershy. Fluttershy tried to struggle but the Earth Pony was too strong.

“Hey!” yelled Pinkie glaring at the stallion, “Stop it!”

“What, are you going to stop me?” asked the stallion.

“You bet I am!” yelled Pinkie.

The stallion rolled his eyes, and then lifted up his fore hoof which suddenly turned into a metal spring. He then used his new spring leg to punch Pinkie into a wall.

“Pinkie!” cried Fluttershy.

The stallion began to laugh.

“There’s no way that a little pest like you can stop me… so give up.” said the stallion, “With the exception of that Stare of yours, there’s nothing that you can do.”

Fluttershy began to tremble… what was she going to do… but then again he did hurt Pinkie… but would he be effected by the stare… she just didn’t know what to do.

“Hey!” yelled Pinkie, getting up as if she hadn’t been hit, “Why are you kidnapping Fluttershy?”

“Because she’s the only pony in all of Equestria who was born with this thing called Haoshoku Haki that isn’t a Devil’s Reincarnation!”

“A devil’s reincarnation? What’s that?” asked Pinkie.

“That’s none your business… just let me have the filly and I won’t have to beat you.” Said the stallion.

“I won’t let you get Fluttershy!” yelled Pinkie.

Pinkie didn’t want to tell Fluttershy this but she had the “Stare” as well. In fact, she could use it even better than her. Though it wasn’t much better, she could still control when it happened, unlike Fluttershy.

Then Pinkie unleashed the stare. The stallion fell over, however it seemed like he was used to it. He let go of Fluttershy, and she ran behind Pinkie, somehow getting the feeling that she’d be safe.

“How can you have it…” said the stallion, “How can you have Haoshoku Haki… you’re not a…”

That was when it hit him… the fact she was unhurt, she couldn’t be one.

“Tell me…” said the stallion, “Do you ever have dreams or memories that don’t belong to you, but rather a creature called a human?”

“What would you know about that?” asked Pinkie wondering how he knew about that. After all, there was only one other pony who knew what a human was, and that pony was a friend of hers.

“So you’re one too… a Devil's Reincarnation!” said the stallion, “What did you go by in your memories?”

“Why do you want to know?” asked Pinkie.

“It’s probably just some nobody.” Said the stallion, “Then tell me what your super power?”

“How do you know about that!” yelled Pinkie, getting more confused at what was going on, especially since only her family knew about that.

“All Devil’s Reincarnation are born with them…” said the stallion, “So what’s yours? Or do I have to force it out of you?”

Pinkie gritted her teeth, she had no choice to tell him.

“I can stretch.” Muttered Pinkie.

“You can stretch…” laughed the Stallion then it hit him, “What?”

“I just said I can stretch…” said Pinkie.

The stallion began to freak out… he knew that power only belonged to one person in the past life…

“Wait… were you… I mean, in your dreams. Did you go by Luffy?” asked the stallion.

“Yes, how did you know?” asked Pinkie.

The stallion began to freak out, “No way! I’m not fighting you again! Sorry for bothering your friend.” Said the stallion.

The stallion fled. He knew that even though she didn’t known what a Devil’s Reincarnation was, she still had his abilities and memories. There was no way was he was going to fight her.

“Geesh, what was that about?” asked Pinkie.

“You can use the stare?” asked Fluttershy.

“Oooops.” Said Pinkie.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Fluttershy’s animals cleaned up the mess as Pinkie explained it to her.

“Ever since I can remember I always had something else’s memories.” Said Pinkie.

“What do you mean something else?” asked Fluttershy.

“It’s this weird monkey thing called a human. I have dreams where I’m one and I have these cool powers and go on these awesome adventures…” said Pinkie.

“Oh wow.” Said Fluttershy.

“It’s not just dreams but I also have those powers.” Said Pinkie.

She blew herself up like a balloon, then stretched her fore leg.

“Why didn’t you ever tell us?” asked Fluttershy.

“My parents… didn’t like it.” Said Pinkie, “They would stop talking to me whenever I used my powers. Granny Pie always told me they didn’t understand and my sisters liked, but…”

Pinkie tried not to cry as tears started to spill from her eyes.

Fluttershy understood that, because her parents shunned her, Pinkie decided to hide her powers.

“It’s okay Pinkie.” Said Fluttershy, “Really, I’m sorry.”

“Thanks.” Said Pinkie wiping away her tears.

Pinkie decided to change the subject.

“That guy… I know him.” Said Pinkie.

“You met him before?” asked Fluttershy.

“Sort of… there was another guy just like that in my dreams. Same powers too.” Said Pinkie, “Luffy beat him up with one punch.”

“He mentioned Devil’s Reincarnation, didn’t he?” asked Fluttershy.

“He did!” said Pinkie as she pointed in a random direction, “To the library!”

Fluttershy blinked then shrugged.

The two went to the library leaving Gummy behind.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()

When they got there they found Twilight once again resorting books.

“Seriously Twilight, you need to get a new hobby.” mumbled Spike.

“Hi Twilight!” yelled Pinkie, surprising Twilight which made her drop the books.

“Oh hi Pinkie… Fluttershy…” said Twilight unsure how to respond.

“What’s up?” Asked Spike.

“We’re trying to see if there’s a book about, what was it?” said Pinkie who couldn’t remember the phrase.

“Devil’s reincarnation.” said Fluttershy.

Both Twilight and Spike were surprised, both of them knew what a Devil’s Reincarnation was in a very personal way.

“I’ll go get the books.” Said Spike, unsure if he should.

“Why do you need the book?” asked Twilight.

Fluttershy nodded at Pinkie.

“I need you and Spike to Pinkie promise you won’t tell anypony.” Said Pinkie.

Spike came back with the book having heard about the Pinkie Promise.

“Cross my heart and hope to the fly, stick a cup cake…” said Twilight who wasn’t able to finish it as she jabbed herself in the eye… again.

“You okay?” asked Spike.

“I’m fine.” said Twilight, blinking to get rid of the pain.

“Well you see I took Gummy to Fluttershy’s…” said Pinkie, as she began to tell them what happened as well as the fact that it turned out she might be one of these Devil Reincarnations the stallion kept mentioning…

“Wait… you’re a Devil’s Reincarnation?” asked Spike who became silent, “Now that I think about it, I’m not surprised.”

“Wait, the Pinkie Sense…” said Twilight as she began to face hoof, “Kenbunshoku Haki… of course I should have known.”

“How do you know so much?” asked Pinkie.

Twilight sighed. She had promised Princess Celestia that she would keep it on the down low. After all, it wasn’t uncommon for ponies to shun things they didn’t understand (considering what Zecora went through, she kept it even more hidden) as well as THAT incident, but she pushed it to the back of her mind. But considering what just happened, she had to tell them.

“I’m one too.” Sighed Twilight.

“What?” asked Pinkie, “But you don’t have super powers! Unless you’re super magic is your super power.”

“I hid mine.” Said Twilight.

That was when a lavender hoof sprouted on the floor shocking Fluttershy.

“Hey! I know that power, that’s the same powers as Robin’s.” said Pinkie.

“I guess we knew each other in the past life.” Said Twilight somewhat nervous.

“What? Past life?” asked Pinkie.

“She still doesn’t know anything.” Pointed out Spike.

“Oh right.” Said Twilight, “Do you know what reincarnation is?”

Pinkie shook her head, “What’s that?”

“When somepony dies, their soul still exists and is reborn as a new pony.” Said Twilight, “A Devil’s reincarnation is a pony whose soul comes from a person from either another planet or another universe. Nopony knows the answer, but the one thing they all have in common is that they all ate a magical fruit known as a Devil Fruit that gave them special powers. Not only do they have the abilities of their past self, but also their memories and certain personality traits. About every 100 years during a five year period they’re born. Nopony knows what the cause is, but it’s a cycle.”

“Wait…” said Pinkie, “That means that I was Luffy?”

“Yes…” said Twilight, “Wait, did you just say Luffy?”

“Yeah…” said Pinkie.

Twilight began to face hoof, why didn’t she see it before, it was so obvious.

The irresponsible behavior, the short attention span, the fact she could eat twice her weight and not get sick. She should have known.

“What’s wrong?” asked Fluttershy.

“They were like family in their past lives.” Explained Spike, “When I was little I used to hear stories all the time about Luffy… though I guess it was pretty obvious.”

“Wait! That means we’ve been friends even before we were born!” said Pinkie.

“That’s right.” Said Twilight who managed to realize what it really meant.

The two hugged but then both of them realized something.

“Wait? Why were they after Fluttershy?” asked Twilight.

“The guy said that it’s because of the stare.” Said Pinkie.

“I always thought it was Haoshoku Haki.” Said Twilight, “You think he’ll show up again?”

“No… because that guy was what’s his name…” said Pinkie.

Twilight stared at Pinkie, “That’s not helping.”

“You know, the guy with the spring powers... the one who beat up Chestnut head…” said Pinkie.

“Bellamy…” said Twilight, “Why would he want Fluttershy?”

Twilight begin to think, but couldn’t understand it… it didn’t make any sense.

She had a really bad feeling abut that.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Meanwhile, at a shack deep in the Everfree Forest, the stallion arrived.

“Why weren’t you able to get the filly?” asked a female sandy brown earth pony with what appeared to be a mound of sand as her cutie mark.

“Sorry, but another Devil’s Reincarnation showed up… one I can’t fight against…” said the stallion.

“Really Coil?” asked a light blue Pegasus stallion with a lighting bolt as his cutie mark, “Somepony you couldn’t stand up against?”

“Who is this devil’s reincarnation you couldn’t stand up against?” asked a pure black female unicorn with a black mane with what appeared to be some sort of hole as her cutie mark.

“Luffy’s reincarnation.” Answered the stallion named Coil.

There was an awkward silence.

“What? Seriously?” asked the light blue Pegasus.

“So what’s his name?” asked a silver earth pony stallion with a sword as his cutie mark.

“Actually, it was a mare.” Said Coil.

“So the great Monkey D. Luffy, KING of the Pirates, is now a mare… that’s hilarious!” Laughed the light blue Pegasus.

Both the black unicorn and the brown earth pony glared at him. He might have been the reincarnation of one of the most powerful devil fruit users but he was no match for those two.

And yes, both of them were men in their past lives, and that was a sore topic for them.

“You didn’t even know what a king of the pirates was until we told you.” Muttered the brown earth pony.

The Pegasus stopped laughing, “And I told you I have! But I thought it was something else.” Muttered the Pegasus.

“So what did the mare look like?” asked a rather fat earth pony stallion with a plate of food as his cutie mark.

“She was pink with a pink mane and three balloons for her cutie mark.” Said Coil.

“You have got to be kidding me.” Muttered the black unicorn.

“What?” asked Coil.

“It was already a problem going after Fluttershy and maybe turning her against Princess Celestia. But having another one of the Elements of Harmony being a Devil’s Reincarnation, let alone Monkey D. Luffy, is going to be a problem.” muttered the Black Unicorn.

“I never fought him.” Said the silver earth pony, “In fact, aren’t sharp things supposed to be his weakness?”

“She has no idea what a Devil’s Reincarnation is.” said Coil, “So I think her skills might be limited.”

“I’ll go then.” Said the silver earth pony, “She won’t know what hit her.”

Little did everypony know that something was going to change in Equestria. A battle was going to begin that would shake, and perhaps change, everything.