• Published 29th Oct 2012
  • 1,025 Views, 10 Comments

Project Infinity - Dubious



What happens when you cross Fallout Equestria with the Fallout universe

  • ...
6
 10
 1,025

Prologue Part Three

Prologue
Part Three

"What the hell is going on here?!" were the first words out of the Warriors mouth the moment she saw what was on the strip. Hundreds, maybe even a few thousand, soldiers wearing advanced armor were singing jovially and drinking the casinos entire stock of alcoholic beverages.

"Oh we're just having some fun before we set up shop here so we can bring prosperity to the American Wasteland." replied an unsurprisingly drunk soldier.

"Why are you willing to waste your resources here? There's nothing but irradiated desert as far as the eye can see?"

"Because we wouldn't be as prosperous if we hadn't settled in the Australian outback when we emerged from our shelters one hundred and ninety years ago."

"What's Australia?"

"It's a continent in the south pacific. It was part of the South Pacific Coalition before the Great War. Very technologically advanced, and gifted with miraculous foresight. But anyway enough about history! Let us get even drunker!" the slightly inebriated soldier slurred.

"Can I speak to your commanding officer?"

"Sure he's just over there trying to get us back on the airship." the soldier said whilst pointing at a man in the most fascinating armor she'd ever seen.

"Thank you." and with that she moved over to the armor clad individual. "Excuse me are you in charge of these people?"

"Yes I am. Don't worry I'll get them back in line soon."

"I was actually sent here to open dialogue with your faction."

"Oh marvelous! But seriously having someone in an ambassadorial position from another civilization see my troops in such an unorganized state is truly embarrassing."

"Care to follow me to Hidden Valley?"

"Sure I guess, we can even propose a few alliance propositions on the way."

"Sure, if you can talk whilst running at a ridiculous speed."

"Well there was that time I tried to catch up to my stolen L.R.C."

"Okay, well anyway lets head off."

-----(Another two hours of superhuman sprinting later)-----

"And you thought I wouldn't be able to keep up with you." the Lord Commander bragged whilst regaining his breath.

"Yes but I'm not out of breath."

"You try being seventy five and in charge of an entire nations army."

"Well I'm over a hundred so I beat you hands down."

"Damn you're old. What's your secret?"

"beings a brain in a jar for most of my life and then making myself a new body."

"Oh... That's what the High Councilors have been doing since 2083."

"So your faction is nearly as old as the Great War. Huh I thought it was just the Brotherhood and the Enclave who dated back that far."

"We've around since the South Pacific Coalition was formed in 2024. But enough about history, I suggest we get inside so we can finalize our alliance."

-----(Five minutes later in the depths of Hidden Valley)-----

"So you're in charge of this faction I take it?"

"Only this chapter, the person to your left is in charge of one of the more advanced chapters of our faction."

"That would explain her access to genetic fabrication facilities, but anyway we need to hammer out a deal. I heard that you were performing an expedition to Africa..."

-----(Three hours later in another Dimension)-----


Littlepip was trying to make herself as small as possible from the menacing glares she was receiving after news about Velvet Remedies departure and Littlepip having her Pipbuck spread around the vault. "I'm going to leave the Stable and go look for her, maybe that will get me back in everyponies favour."

-----(Back in the previous dimension an hour later)-----

"So we have a deal then, five of my people will accompany your expedition team and in exchange you'll let us have access to both Mothership Zeta AND Big Mt research center, in exchange for us lending you our advanced medical and military technologies in-order to help better your factions. All agreed?"

"Yes."

"Sure why not."

"Yes."

"Yeah."

"I guess so."

"Right so we're all in agreement. I'll just inform the five people I have selected to go on the expedition that they have been reassigned." the Lord Commander then activated his Holopad much to the amazement of everyone present.

-----(Five minutes later on board the Ernest Rutherford)-----

"Gents we've just been reassigned to a new mission to help peaceful relations going strong." proclaimed the Lieutenant.

"What is it?" asked Sergeant H.W. Guy.

"We're going to join an expedition by the natives to another continent via teleportation."

"But isn't teleportation impossible?"

"Oh and us casually throwing that probe into orbit around Mars last year didn't involve teleportation?"

"That was different.. it involved space drives."

"Right, anyway we have one hour to get ready before we head out."

-----(In Sergeant H.W. Guys quarters)-----

The Sergeant was looking over his two favourite weapons with a look of utter concentration at the task at hand: choosing which one to take with him. "Oooooh this is a tough one"

-----(In Dr. Ellensteins quarters)-----

"Useless alien artifact, useless alien artifact, useless alien artifact, useless one of a kind technology, useless decapitated head of a spy being kept alive by unknown means. Ah here it is." the Doctor proclaimed as he found what he was looking for: his other glove.

-----(In the Lieutenants Quarters)-----

"Grid Rifle: Check, Railpistol: Check, Low Power Rail Magnets: Check, Medium Power Rail Magnets: Check, High Power Rail Magnets: Check, Low Velocity Alloy block: Check, Ultratainium Round Block: Check. Now to move onto the other gear checklists..."

-----(In Dave and Amelia's Quarters)-----

"Why is there a sock hanging in midair?" called Amelia

"Because I was messing around with invisible wire earlier and accidentally broke physics... again."

"I've really gotta learn to lock away the high tech gear when you're around."

"Aww don't do that, otherwise I'll just have movies and video games to fill in my time." pouted Dave.

"I'm sorry but you break physics too often for you to be left alone with this stuff."

"Fine."

-----(Main hangar bay)-----

"Okay everyone ready?" asked the Lieutenant.

"Yes." was the unanimous reply.

"Good now let us head off to get this mission over and done with so I can get back in time for the release of Warmongers 3: Quest For Carnage."

"You play the Warmonger series as well?"

"Yes it's the best game series for war simulation."

"I suddenly like you."

"The feelings mutual." and with that they boarded the U.P.A.D and headed off towards Hidden Valley.

-----(Twenty minutes later at Hidden Valley)-----

"Okay sir we're here."

"Excellent they make the 'jump' in twenty minutes so I suggest you add out gear to the stuff they're taking along with them."

"Okay sir."

As they made their way to the teleportation chamber the squad decided to take a look at the facility they were about to leave behind. "Well this place sucks."

"Try not to piss off the people controlling the teleporter."

"I was just saying is all."

"Be quiet both of you, we're here." the lieutenant said as they stopped outside a door with a sign saying 'Teleportation Center'.

"Well that's a little obvious." just then the doors opened and allowed the group to see the inside of the chamber.

"Magnets?"

"Magnets."

"Why magnets?"

"Fucked if I know."

"Ah good the final members of our expedition force are here. Now we can get started on the briefing."

After explaining the basic concepts of the teleporter the scientist then went on to explain their mission. "So basically we're gonna be going to an unexplored irradiated hell hole that was shot by an alien death laser just so we can search for any advanced technologies and or civilizations that reside there?"

"Exactly. Though I wouldn't have put it that simply."

"Tee minus one minute until teleportation, all non expedition personnel please evacua- I mean exit the chamber."

"Well it looks like orientations over time to get ready for the jump."

"Tee minus 10."

"9."

"8."

"7."

"6."

"5."

"4."

"3."

"2."

"1."

"Teleportation."

-----(In the other dimension)-----

Littlepip was just about approach a lone stallion sitting at a campfire when there was a massive rainbow coloured flash and twenty of the strangest creatures she had ever seen stood before her.

"Where the fuck are we?" one of them yelled.

"I don't fucking know, I can't even see yet." responded another both in perfect Equestrian.

"I can see perfectly fine." replied another (also in perfect Equestrian).

"Yeah but that's because your an artificial construct from the commonwealth." responded one wearing the strangest (compared to the other creatures at least) suit of armor she had ever seen.

"People! I think here's something watching us."

"And what makes you think that?"

"There's an Equine watching us over there." said one of them said whilst pointing at her. "Think we should see if its sentient?"

"Guys we may have a problem!"

"What is it?"

"We may have accidentally crossed dimensions."

One of them reached into his boot and withdrew a strange device. "How the hell did the Transmogrifier get in my boot?"

"Oh that should have about done it."

"Done what?"

"Caused the obvious anomalous energy that caused us to jump between dimensions.

Littlepip couldn't believe her eyes, right in front of her were talking aliens from another dimension. She clearly must have been hallucinating from something in the air, because there was noway this could be happening.

Suddenly a stallion covered with blood and wearing pony skins shot at the creature in red armor. Littlepip starred in awe as the round bounced harmlessly off its surface. after staring in awe for a few seconds the creature spoke. "Which one of you just shot me?"