• Published 29th Oct 2012
  • 1,025 Views, 10 Comments

Project Infinity - Dubious



What happens when you cross Fallout Equestria with the Fallout universe

  • ...
6
 10
 1,025

Prologue Part Two

Prologue
Part Two


The Courier looked over the barricade as he heard footsteps preparing to shoot whatever it was approaching him, but was completely shocked when he saw a figure in Power Armor with a BoS symbol on its shoulders. "Are you The Courier?" the mysterious figure asked.

"Yes I am, who's asking?"

"I am Knight Commander Lucus Marks and I have been sent here to request your presence at the Hidden Valley Bunker so that we may plan an extra-continental expedition to secure a foothold in another continent."

"So why did you attack the strip?"

"We were merely destroying the offending party when we were struck by some less than adequate artillery fire."

"But that was from the Boomers, they never miss their target."

"You misinterpret me, I merely meant that it was inadequate in the fact that it failed to puncture the armor of our Mk.2 Behemoths. I meant no disrespect to these 'Boomers' you referred to." the armor clad figure explained.

"Well then, sorry about shelling you and all that. We thought you were anew enemy seeking to claim New Vegas for their own."

"Bahahahahahah. Why would we need New Vegas when we have control of Vault 0 and access to its vast troves of technology and information?"

"Uuuh, because you're a power hungry organization hell bent on controlling all technology in the wastes and disregarding the inhabitants?"

"That would be the western chapters, not our chapter, our chapter is devoted protecting the wastes from threats and helping all towns and cities under our protection to flourish and expand to their fullest potential. I have also been briefed that The Warrior managed to get you to allow our scientists access to Big Mt?"

"Yes that is correct, also he managed to get me to join an expedition to another continent."

"Oh, uh, hehe that was sorta what i was sent here to pick you up for. We were going to ask if you wanted to participate in the expedition, I, uuh, guess we don't give The Warrior enough credit. Hehe" the Knight Commander replied caught completely off guard. "Anyway we have already called for The Lone Wanderer and she should be here within the next few days, so why don't you get come with us and get comfortable in the bunker before start the briefing in a few days?"

"I'm just gonna leave instructions for Yes Man to repair the walls and redeploy the securitrons to intercept any further legion assaults whilst I'm away. Also how long do you expect the expedition to last?"

"It should last a few weeks, two months at the most And I'll just wait here for you to be finished before we head off to Hidden Valley."

"I do know where that is you know?"

"Oh, well I guess I'll see you there."

"You don't sound very commander, what's up with that?"

"I wasn't born into the Brotherhood so i didn't have parents who rigorously drilled me in the 'Proper' ways a Knight should behave. I'd say its worked out fine so far, so why should i stop doing it?"

"That's actually a very good question, but I'll meet you at Hidden Valley in awhile. I've got some things to take care of."

"Okay. Cya there then."



-----(In a Vertibird flying over the wastes)-----

"So you want me to participate in an expedition to another continent so that you can bring civilization to its inhabitants?"

"Yes that's exactly what I'm asking you."

"I'm in. What do I get as a reward anyway?"

"You shall receive a large sum of caps and access to advanced medical and defensive technologies."

"I have access to an alien Mothership, I'm rather set for technologies. Any other offers?"

"Well we could give you cybernetic and genetic augmentations as well as reinforce your bones with advanced alloys and Pay for you to receive some implants from New Vegas."

"I already have Vegas implants, but the deal you offered is acceptable."

"Excellent, now we shall be arriving at Hidden Valley in approximately 7 hours. So get some rest"



-----(Seven hours and 6 minutes later)-----

"Okay, now that everyone is gathered we can officially start this meeting" stated Elder McNamara from his seat at the head of the table.

"Yes, now onto the first order of business..."



-----(Somewhere else and about 3 hours in the future)----

"Sir we've been traveling for almost a day, don't you think we should stop to refuel?" Flight Captain Rigsby asked Lord Commander Legas.

"This airship is designed to create its own fuel, and even if it didn't we're outside of Union borders so we're shit outta luck for resupplying until we reach America."

"I get the feeling all the higher ups in our military are incredibly informal." stated Lieutenant Chaser.

"Well then you would be one hundred percent correct, Lieutenant. We've learnt not to be too serious about things so that we don't go insane our the sheer workload we have to deal with on a daily basis." General Adam-Lieu responded.

"I take it the work load of the average general is astronomically high?"

"That it is lieutenant, that it is."

"Would you two stop lollygagging and get back to screwing around for the duration of this flight? We've only got another day the most before we reach the American Wastes." the Captain ordered the two commanding officers.

"Spoil sport." responded both the Lord Commander and General.

"Look out the windows if you want to see the continent of Africa. It looks positively evil." remarked the Captain.

The General looked out the window at what can only be described as a hell on earth. Everywhere he looked there were hordes of horribly mutated creatures and swarms of insects that stripped the land of any plant live they came across and in the distance were three massive constantly erupting volcanoes spewing streams of lava into the already uninhabitable areas surrounding them.

"Well I vote we nuke this place from orbit and then kill any survivors with fire, who's with me?" asked Lord Commander Legas

Everyone unanimously raised their hands in agreement. The Lord Commander then ordered the rear missile emplacements to fire off their entire payloads into the surrounding area.

"I'd cover your ears and look away from the windows for the next few minutes if I were you." the captain suggested.

"Now that sounds like a good idea." the general replied as everyone (himself included) covered their ears and looked away from the windows in time to avoid the cacophony of explosions that rattled the area around the airship.

The barrage lasted a full three minutes in which time the entire crew did nothing but block out the lights and sounds destroying everything around the airship. "I think it's safe to look now." the captain stated.

The entire crew looked out over the stricken area to see massive craters and a few very pissed off creatures that dwelled in the ground. "I'd suggest we go up a few thousand feet." the general said whilst the captain was already doing just that.



-----(On the surface)-----

The three massive tentacle monsters decided to duke it out to see which one was strong enough to claim the right to fight this new creature seeking to lay claim to their territory.

Unbeknownst to them a creature that dwelled in the volcanic wastes decided to have a little fun with the strange flying metallic creature.



-----(Back on the airship)-----

"So what should we do about those tentacle thingies?" asked one of the soldiers standing in the cafeteria.

"I know what we should do! We should study them, for the greater good of the union, and not to further my own goals, hehe" exclaimed an incredibly creepy man in a white lab coat.

"Okay whatever you say weirdo" and with that the soldiers went back to trying to one up each others battle stories, until a massive hunk of muscle told its greatest battle story.



-----(In another dimension)-----

"Velvet Remedy just asked me to repair her Pipbuck! Oh this is going to be so good! I'll do everything I can to make her Pipbuck work better than it was before and I'll also present it to her in person to see what she thinks of my work!" Littlepip joyously squeed after her idol Velvet Remedy asked her to repair her Pipbuck.



-----(Back in the first dimension this story was explaining)-----

"So let us agree to never ever bombard an area fulled with mutated abominations again, without opening up the Harbinger silos first." the general polled.

"Agreed" was the unanimous reply from everyone who witnessed the creatures fighting it out.

"Now that's out of the way let us retire to our quarters for the evening and leave the ship on auto pilot at an altitude of fifteen thousand feet." and with that the general strode away to sleep for the night.



-----(Back at Hidden Valley)-----

"Elder McNamara, Sir. Our recon drones in Africa picked up an unknown air vehicle flying over the continent and bombarding an area fulled with mutated lifeforms." reported one of the scribes assigned to overseeing the reports made by the recon drones in Africa.

"I see. Do you have a flight vector?"

"Yes Elder, it's heading straight towards America."

"Looks like we're going to have to get Midwestern Chapter to set up air defenses around the eastern shores to take it out should it try and approach America."

"Yes Elder, I shall send your instructions to The Calculator at once." and with that the scribe walked away to fulfill his orders.

"I see that an unknown presence is approaching America."

The Elder jumped slightly at the voice but calmed down when he saw he was only the holographic projection of the warrior. "You've got to add a warning when ever you do that"

"I tried that for a bit but removed it after it caused three fatal heart attacks."

"That was a wise thing to do then, what caused the heart attacks anyway?"

"Shock."

"Doesn't sound like they knew what was happening did they?"

"No they did not. But onto the business at hand. We've managed to get the prototype teleporter to teleport from the east coast to the west coast and back again, It was all just a matter of power. The Calculator believes that if hooked directly to a large supply of energy we should be able to teleport about twenty one people and enough supplies and building material to last them several months, easily long enough for us to set up a beach head."

"Well that's good to hear."

"Also with the help of some cloning facilities discovered in the depths of Vault 0 I shall be joining the expedition as part of my chapters 5 member team."

"How?"

"By making myself a new body, one that is superior to most any other non-mutated being and even then some will still be outclassed by it. Also it's going to have cybernetic augmentations to increase its strength, speed, perception, reaction time, endurance and of course agility."

"You're putting a lot of effort into this new body of yours aren't you?"

"Of course I am, who would want their new body to be weak after they've been a cryogenically frozen head in a jar for a few decades?"

"That's... actually a very valid point, why WOULDN'T you want your new body to be very well suited for the environment it will be entering."

"Exactly, now let us check in on the team leaders shall we?"

"Yes lets."



-----(Somewhere else)-----

"I'm The Courier, the most powerful man in the entire Mojave, maybe even the whole wasteland." boasted the Courier.

"As amusing as it is to watch you try to outdo my true stories with your fake one I believe The Warrior and Elder McNamara should be walking through the door in three, two, one."

As the Wanderer finished saying that both The Warrior and Elder McNamara both walked through the door to the dumbfounded looks of everyone but the Wanderer. "We quite clearly missed something really good."

"No doubt about it Warrior, but let us get on to prepping you for the mission. You will need to be outfitted with special Pipboys in order to make the jump in one biological piece, you will also need to submit for a full physical and mental evaluation. Any questions?"

Only one hand went up. "Yes Wanderer, what is your question?"

"Mothership Zeta picked up a larger number of explosions coming from the area in Africa the aliens shot with their death laser, do you know anything about that?"

"I forgot you have access to an alien mothership. Anyway I've asked the Calculator to set up AA defenses around the coast to intercept the unknown aggressors."

"Okay."

"Warning unknown air vehicle has taken out coastal AA defenses, ETA 4 hours until it reaches New Vegas." was suddenly blared out over the bunkers intercoms.

"Oh that's not good"



-----(On an airship flying towards New Vegas)-----

"General I don't think the locals are friendly"

"Nonsense. I'm sure they were just scared shitless by the massive hulking airship flying towards them at 700km/h"

"Did you just say a forward slash?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Oh yeah, I also forgot that all higher ups in our military very insane."

"That's it my boy, you got it in one."

"I'm gonna go take a nap. Wake me when we get there."

"Will do my boy! Now where were we? Oh yeah I was winning your next three years of pay, AHAHAHAHA."

"Sure. Royal Flush."

At that the Lord Commander flipped the table at the obviously cheating ways of the General "I call a do over!"

"No do overs Legas. Don't go throwing things, it's not my fault the rules are unchangeable. Well then you should go back in time and punch out the guy who invented poker."

And with that the Lord Commander huffed and stormed out of the control room. "You know I'm really starting to high that the only people who actually give a fuck in our military are the cadets and infantrymen." remarked one of the soldiers who was playing poker.

"Yeah I think you may be on to something there." and with that the soldiers made a pledge to each other to always be serious even when threatened with death.



-----(In the cafeteria)-----

"I'm calling bullshit on your story Sergeant H. Gunner, no one and I mean no one can take on an army of robots with just six people."

Back at Hidden Valley The Warrior suddenly started laughing uncontrollably, creeping everyone in the room with him the fuck out.

"It is true, Me and my friend were working as mercenaries and over hirerer's company came under attack so we had to defend the decoy from an army of robots."

"I'm seriously wondering why you are even here in the first place."

"Because I volunteered."

"WAIT! You volunteered? What kind of batshit crazy are you?"

"The kind fresh out of hell."

"Am i the only sane person here?"

"Yes" was the resounding reply from everyone in the cafeteria.

"I hate you all."

"ETA three minutes till we reach the city of Las Vegas! Get out your gambling hats we've got some casinos to bankrupt!" massive cheering was heard from all around the ship as people cheered for being able to gamble again. shouts of "I fucking love you man" and "We gonna be rich!" were also thrown in the mix for good measure.



-----(On The Strip)-----

"Do you hear cheering?"

"Yes but where's it coming from?"

"Unknown air vehicle approaching New Vegas, All personnel prepare for enemy incursion!"

"Well... fuck."

"Yeah, fuck."



-----(On the airship)-----

"Okay boys we have arrived! Let us gamble until the early hours of the morning!"

"FUCK YEAH!" was the resounding reply from the entire crew.

In the hangar the U.P.A.D's were rushed by over eager soldiers wanting to get drunk and gamble a lot.



-----(On The Strip)-----

"The hell are those things?"

"They look like some form of drop ship."

"No shit Sherlock."

"Who's Sherlock?"

"Oh I don't fucking know."

"Then why did you say his name?"

"It's an insult you idiot."

"Oh... HEY!"

"Took you long enough."

Just then the first U.P.A.D launched from the airship, landing in front of the arguing NCR troopers. The U.P.A.D opened ifs drop bay doors ans spewed forth twenty excited Union marines who quickly rushed the casinos ignoring everything else entirely.

"That was... Uh... Yeah I got nothing that describes this."

"Blood clot inducingly bizarre?"

"I knew there was a reason I kept you around, other than to be a human shield."

"Hehe, I hate you too sir."

"What was that?"

"Oh it was nothing. Hey look here come more of those troop carriers."

"Why you calling them that?"

"Because they carry troops."

"I wonder if there's a pony version of you in another dimension."

"Why do you wander that?"

"Oh shit did I say that aloud?"

"Yes" called one of the passing marines.

"I've really gotta learn to not speak my thoughts."

"Probably, but we should probably go to the casino bars before they run out of booze."

"I have never heard anything smarter come out of your mouth. Ever."

"What about that time I explained how to fix that weird car thingy that that old guy and teenager were driving?"

"That doesn't count, they weren't even from this timeline. But any way, TOO THE BAR!"

And with that mighty cheer for alcohol they rushed the nearest casino for more liquor.



-----(In Hidden Valley)-----

"Yes Man just reported the unknown air vehicle is hovering over New Vegas and is disgorging troops into the casinos. I somehow think they're too occupied with gambling and getting drunk to bother invading us... yet."

"So i take it you're gonna become just that much richer now?"

"I'm already rich enough as is. Why would I need even more caps?"

"True."

Whilst they were all nodding in agreement over The Couriers immense wealth a bright flash occurred in the corner and revealed a mysterious figure clad in Brotherhood power armor.

"Ahem. Is... do any of you even notice me teleporting in?" to which the figure was met with nothing but silence. "Of course you aren't noticing me, I've got my stealth field active." and with that the figure deactivated its stealth field and much to the surprise of everyone present greeted Elder McNamara like an old friend. "Hey Elder McNamara how you been?"

"Do I know you?"

"Of course you do, it's me The Warrior."

"That's not possible, The Warrior is a guy."

"Mo the holographic representation of me is a guy, the actual me is a girl."

"I'm confused, how did The Warrior get a body in the first place?"

"Science." was all the 'Warrior' said.

"Oh you finished your new body already did you?"

"It had been finished for a few weeks, I was just waiting for the implants to be completed."

"Well congratulations you just volunteered to meet the unknown force residing above New Vegas. Enjoy"

"Swe- WAIT WHAT!"

"Well toddles, see you when you get back." and with that the Elder kicked The Warrior out of the bunker to go meet with the unknown faction above New Vegas.



-----(Outside the bunker)-----

"Stupid elder, making me go contact an advanced race hours after I get my new body." The Warrior grumbled to herself.

Whilst walking towards New Vegas The Warrior was spotted by some Fiends who thought that she would make a great slave. They decided to attack when they thought the target wasn't looking.

"Taste my boot bitch!" as The Warrior heard this a boot crashed into her side. Without breaking stride the Warrior grabbed the leg and threw the offending party into a nearby car wreck much to the disbelief of the other Fiends who were about to attack.

"ALL HAIL THE QUEEN OF THE FIENDS" was echoed around the area by the Fiends who watched their strongest member get thrown into a car twenty meters away.

"Leave me alone, I just want to get to New Vegas without any more interruptions."

"Yes my Queen" was all she got in reply.

"Fucking tweekers."



-----(Two hours of superhuman sprinting later)-----

After sprinting at speeds that would make even a Deathclaw envious, The Warrior arrived at the eastern gate of Freeside where she was spotted by the Kings.

"Hey lady no gets in Freeside without the kings orders, so take a hike."

"I'm here on behalf of the Brotherhood Of Steel to open negotiations with the unknown faction residing above The Strip. So if you'll excuse me..." and with that the Warrior pushed her way past the guards and kicked open the barred gates to Freeside.

"Whoa, that lady's strong."

"No doubt about it Frankie, I need a drink."

"Me too, but the boss says we can't leave the gate until his say so."

"Hey you over there! Yeah you in the shabby clothes, wanna go buy us some whiskey?"

"Yells yes I would."

"Good here's 30 caps, keep the change."



-----(In Freesdie)-----

"... Please submit to a credit check or show your Passport."

"Oh for fuck sake, screw it I'm smashing my way in." and with those words the Warrior picked up the Securitron and threw it into the supports on her left, she then picked up some of the hunks of metal and threw them at the remaining Securitons. All of which happened in under 3 seconds. "Okay now you lot of vermin had better not enter The Strip, do you hear me?" every single person who witnessed the fight nodded in acknowledgement. "Good."