• Published 29th Oct 2012
  • 626 Views, 4 Comments

The Strange Life story of Shadow Dash - xRadiantXFrostx



She is sent as a spy, but will emerge as something else.

  • ...
6
 4
 626

Chapter One

“Will Lightning Dash be brought to Princess Celestia’s private chambers?”

Following the Royal Guard, down the corridor, caused her to shake from nervousness. Why does the princess want to see ME, she thought. As the doors opened, she knew that in moments, all of her questions would be answered.

“Princess Luna,” said Celestia. “Why are you here?”

(Point of view change- Lightning Dash)
I transformed back to myself. Princess Celestia managed a smile, but I saw she just wanted to get right to business. “Hello,” said the princess. “I’d come with formalities, but we need to get to business. Now, you are aware of the recent attack of the changelings?”

I nodded, shuffling my hooves.
Princess Celestia began. “I am well aware of your power of imitation. Please show me your skill. Would you turn into...a Changeling?”
I turned into what could be described as a changeling; I could only turn into what I had seen before, and a fleeting glance was all I saw.

“Very good. Now here is a map I found on a changeling, and pretend you’re one of them. Would you like some tea?”
I couldn’t understand. Princess Celestia was patient, gentle, kind. Other than the offer of tea, she was completely out of character. “Can I say goodbye to my friends?” I asked. Princess Celestia gave me permission, telling me to embark on my quest right after. “What’s the point of this long and dangerous quest, anyway?” Seriously, I wondered.

“We need to destroy them from the source, or we will surely be plagued again. Just give me an update every month, kill Chrysalis, and you can come back. Then you can rejoin civilization. Thank you. Please leave.”

So I wouldn't even know what I had to do if I didn't ask. What the hell, princess?

I went back to Cloudsdale to say goodbye to Cloud Blossom. She practiced Oriental fighting arts for a living. I went to Ponyville to say goodbye to Rainbow Dash, who became a weather pony, and to Fluttershy, who was shaping up to be a real hippie pushover who talked to angry bunnies. Or a quiet peace-loving soul who cared for nature. Potato, Putatoh. I also said goodbye to Applejack, as we grew close after Rainbow and Fluttershy moved down here, to Pinkie Pie, and those I was just acquainted with, Twilight Sparkle and Rarity. No, I don’t have anything against unicorns, if you're wondering. That was goodbye, And the I had to leave. I bolted up to the sky, with white wings of heaven. I could not be a shadow of wind, however cool that might have looked, because I never did a Sonic Rainboom. I just pretended.