• Published 26th Oct 2012
  • 1,332 Views, 17 Comments

One Fire is Put Out... - MasterT231



A shattered friendship, shattered mind, and a Shattered Pony

  • ...
3
 17
 1,332

Inferno

Inferno

No one ever expected it to happen, heck no one even thought of the very possibility of it even occurring, but the reality of it was all too real. Pinkie Pie lost five of her closest friends in just a few minutes.

***

At least that's what she thought had happened, Pinkie didn't pay attention as she was running away, running from the angered shouts of ponies, running from the problem that she help create.


Familiar faces passed by Pinkie, who was still racing away, trying to get her head together, but Pinkie had no time for pleasantries. She just ran on by as the confused ponies before they had a chance to see the disaster Pinkie had caused.
***


Inside Sugarcube Corner the Cakes were rushing to complete a big order for a party in Ponyville in a few days.


"Come on lemon square, only sixty-four more cheesecakes to bake, and then we can move on to frosting those fifty trays of brownies." Said the exhausted Mr. Cake as he was busy with managing the ovens, the kitchen utensils, and Pumpkin and Pound Cake.


For Mrs. Cake it was not much better she was busy trying to change Pumpkin's diaper, while mixing up a chocolate frosting for her brownies. The two overworked bakers did not even notice the Pink blur that burst through the door, and went upstairs to her room and shut the door.


As soon as she shut the door, she turned around and slid to the floor, feeling a slight relief wash over herself. Still a strong pang of guilt resonated inside of her, so she paced around her room wondering about her fate. "Oh, everypony is going to hate me, I didn't even mean to do it, it was an honest mistake." Pleaded the panicked Pinkie Pie to nopony.


With anxiety of what might be on the horizon for the Pink pony, she plopped down on her bed that was facing her mirror. "Rainbow's going to Sonic Rainboom me to shreds, Applejack's gonna buck my head off, Rarity's going to slap me, Twilight is going to do some freaky spell that'll curse me to be blue, or one that makes me a vegetarian." The shocked Pinkie thought.


The very concept of eating nothing but boring fruits and vegetables for the rest of her days nearly gave her a heart attack. Almost anyway, a lone thought invaded her twisted mind, "What is Fluttershy going to do to me?" Worried the disturbed Pink pony. Suddenly realization hit Pinkie like a ton of bricks, about not only what Fluttershy will do but what her other friends will do once they found her. "They...They won't be friends with me anymore." Rasped the sad pony.


Slowly a lone tear rolled down Pinkie's cheek, just from the sheer thought of losing not one, but her five closest friends to this horrible tragedy she had accidentally caused.


"Hey!" shouted a mysterious voice that broke Pinkie of her crying trance.

Her head lifted up to hopefully see the face of one of her friends, so she could explain herself before they would jumped to conclusions, but what met her glance was just her empty room. Carefully she glanced around to see where the voice came from. Searching and searching she could not find out where the shout originated.


"Oh great, now I'm friendless and I'm starting to hear voices that aren't there, could this day get any worse?" Moped Pinkie


"I wouldn't say worse but it's going to get stranger for you." Explained the voice


Now Pinkie was on edge, she gazed around her room looking for the voice's location, until her focus was the mirror in the corner of the room. She got off her bed and walked over to it slowly, making sure she stayed vigilante if the moment came up. Stopping in front of the mirror Pinkie looked around it, and behind nothing. Not until she looked directly into the mirror did she find the source of the voice... it was her reflection.


Pinkie was obviously taken back by this..this event, but the talking part isn't what bothered her it was how her reflection appeared. Her reflection was visibly grayer than Pinkie, on her face was an intense expression of melancholy, and the creepiest part was her mane. Unlike the real Pinkie the doppelganger's mane was straight and not poofy


"Who...Who are you?" Questioned Pinkie


The reflection chuckled a bit which surprised Pinkie, due to how she looked. "I can't believe you don't recognize me, after all I know you so well Pinkie my dear" The reflection said


"Recognize you?," Asked the confused Pink pony "I mean yeah you look familiar, as a matter of fact you kind of remind me of... Myself." She said as she put two and two together.


A loud gasp escaped Pinkie's mouth, and the reflection nodded in reply to it "but how can you be me, I mean I'm me, unless you're a me from an alternate world or worse may-" Reflection Pinkie cut off the real Pinkie in order to enlighten her on who or what she was.


"Don't worry, you're the real Pinkie all right, as for me...I'm part of you Pinkie, I'm your other half, Pinkamina." Explained Pinkamina.


Pinkie couldn't comprehend what she just heard, could this mirrored image truly be a part of her mind?


Pinkie remained silent for a long time after Pinkimena revealed herself, and so she continued. "I knew you wouldn't believe me at first, so that's why I have to do this to you." Pinkimena lowered her head and sighed "I know you Pinkie like I said, who you are, what you do, and what you fear." Pinkie's ears perked up at the last sentence as she quickly turned her attention to the mirror again.


"You know as well do I that you hate being alone, no you fear loneliness, and after that little stunt you pulled today. I knew exactly how you felt, I knew exactly what you thought." Pinkimena paused to let that sink in to Pinkie who now was dulling in color, and her mane's poofiness was going away, and the mirrored pony began again


"You thought how nopony will love you, let alone care for you anymore as you ran, I should know I watched the whole thing happen." Pinkimena's words were harsh and brutal, but the saddest part about them... they were right.


Pinkie was brokened by her mirrored half's words, her mane popped and deflated into a straight organized style. Her color had drained from her body leaving a dark gray pinkish husk behind. Lastly the smile that usually graced her face vanished and was replaced by the same expression that Pinkimena wore. Pinkie glanced away from her mirror and looked on the floor where a puddle of her tears lay. She looked into it and couldn't believe what she saw. Inside the puddle she saw Pinkimena looking back at her.


"Huh, how did you move there Pinki-" Began Pinkie until she looked back into the mirror, no longer was it moving by it's own, it was doing what a mirror was supposed to do, show your reflection.What she saw was the same sad pony earlier but this time she was doing exactly what she was doing. A look of realization sparked an anguished look upon Pinkie's face. "I'm... Pinkimena."


For the next few hours Pinkimena(Pinkie) curled up in the corner of her room and just cried her eyes out. Just thinking of all the things that have happened in the past hours, her reflection, it talking to her, and Pinkie changing into her reflection. Also mirrored Pinkimena's last words kept replaying in her head "You know nopony will love you,let alone care for you" The words still stuck Pinkie like a knife in her heart.


Come to think of it it didn't feel like a knife stabbing her, it felt like light searing pain in her chest. Pinkie carefully stood up and examined her chest, the pain was still there and slowly becoming stronger.


Oww


"What's going on, why do my insides hurt all of a sudden" Said the panicked Pinkie


Now the sensation was becoming more noticeably painful, so much it felt like a searing hot coal was placed over her heart and it just kept getting hotter. Again she examined her front to see if there was any change, but this time she found something.


A strong pink glow was emanating from her chest, which bothered Pinkie to no end


"OWW" a moan of Pain escaped her lips.


"What... is ... happening to me?" the puzzled Pink pony asked.


Now the pain was becoming unbearable, and the glow was now a blinding light coming off of Pinkie's heart. With both hooves she clutch her heart, hoping she could suppress the excruciating pain she was experiencing. Her whole body was trembling and shaking like a leaf, her heart now felt like an inferno, slowly melting her away. Every time she screamed in agony, what looked like an pink exhaust flooded from her mouth.


No one pony was meant to endure the type of torture Pinkie was going through, now everything felt as though it was aflame,


"What..is... wrong... with... me, is this... is this what death feels like." Thought Pinkie with sorrow "No, at least if I was taken by the cold hand of death, it would be swift, Snap! and it would be done. This is a fate worse then death...I just hope...it ends... soon" Pinkie thought as she drifted off towards unconsciousness, wishing that if she could just shut her eyes then the pain should stop.


Finally she let out a bloodcurdling scream that could shatter windows, and along with the scream the fires brewing inside her dispelled leaving the charred remains of the pink pony behind. "Sweet relief" Thought Pinkie as her eyes started to shut and she fell to the ground. This nightmare would be over soon all she had to do was close her eyes. For her final glimpse of this world she saw five pairs of hooves enter her room


She knew who they were, and why they had come, with her last breath and before her eyes were shut for the last time, she muttered


"Forgive...Me."


Her eyes then closed, her body now a lifeless corpse, left behind for five perplexed ponies to wonder


Why?