• Published 16th Jan 2013
  • 7,571 Views, 63 Comments

Mind of Matter - SilverCreep



When a human arrives in Equestria, strange things tend to unfold

  • ...
23
 63
 7,571

MoM Chapter 02 - The other kind of Pony

You are Twilight
The arrival of the princess yesterday was unexpected She had said she sensed something unusual nearby and thought to check up on you.
Odd she's never just come on a whim
You know your mentor, she is whimsical, but she certainly always knows what to do and is doing coming here out of the blue seemed, unlike her, unprofessional.
You shake your head at the thought as you ease upright in bed, sitting on your rump with a soft yawn as you use your fore-hooves to rub the sleep from your eyes.Trotting from your bed, you walk into the bathroom, brushing your hair, washing your mouth and brushing your teeth.
You can hear Spike yawning in the other room as you step out from the bathroom, eagerly awaiting your breakfast as you trot downstairs....only to find Pinkie sleeping there.
"Pinkie, what are you doing in the Library?"
You ask, poking the pink p0ny a few times as her eyes fluttered open.
"huh...Ah OH high Twilight! I was just sitting here with my friend of the night!"
"You mean Owlilicious?"
"Yes...well No...I mean yes Owlicious was here, but, I had another friend here, a new friend, he wanted to read some books so I showed him your library."
You look shocked, Somep0ny wanted to read your books?
You felt both scared and oddly flattered at the same time.
"O-oh...really now?"
"Yuh huh! We spent the whole night reading together, everything about P0nyville."
You quirk an ear at the notion of the subject and quickly dash off to the ecycolpedia section
only to find all the books there, nothing out of place.
Strange
"Are you sure? Spike and myself were sound a sleep, nop0ny could have possibly been that quiet"
"He was super uber quiet, he asked me real nicely to be quiet too, that's why I fell asleep."
Pinkie... quiet, that was indeed shocking.
"Pinkie, I don't think anyone else would have come in here, there is no missing book, everything is the way it was when I left it."
You search through the I-P Encyclopedia, reminded of Pinkie saying her "friend" looked up P0nyville.
The pages weren't even creased, the whole thing seemed as fresh as you bought it.
"I really...don't think somep0ny else was here."
"But somep0ny WAS here...well...not exactly a p0ny..."
You can't make out the last line, but ignore it as Pinkie mumbles a bit, discontent with your disbelief.
"You probably just had a bad spell of Sleep-trotting, it's a common thing.
"But...I..." Pinkie tries her best to explain but sighs
"Fine, you're right, no one was here, I was just up in the middle of the night bouncing around and meeting somep0ny new, somep0ny not a P0ny."|
You smirk
"Perhaps a new friend for you like Owlicious for me?"
Pinkie nods a bit, seeing as you clearly have the upper hand in the debate.
"Now, why don't you go on home Pinkie, I'm sure you still need sleep."
Pinkie grumbles a bot, her cotton candy mane poofing out a bit, perhaps because you wouldn't believe her, but she decided that perhaps it was best to not make stuff up.
You can't help but feel bad about it.
She was always close with everyp0ny, she always loved making new friends, and she met a new friend in the middle of the night who wanted to read a book.
THAT didn't make sense, nothing logical about it.
You go about your morning duties, of course breakfast came first, the subject of Pinkies silliness the least of your concerns.

You are now Pinkie Pie
"Its no fair, why does Twilight not believe me!"
You've been talking to yourself the whole way home, which is odd since you often talk to other ponies, this time you can't help but think about this on your own.
"Always so serious, never open to new things unless they deal with study"
You snicker a bit, always seeing Twilight as the silly bookworm, but she was so sweet, a wonderful friend you were glad to have.
"If not a bit boring."
You eye the Everfree forest and your vision brings you to the bank of the stream you saw Anon last night, he was quite silly all surprised, and then asking for whips, who does that? Whips aren't very fun unless its for candy. You do recall though some words Anon said as you slept, saying it was all a dream, what did he mean. He should be shown to her other friends, but something about those words.
You pause for a moment.
"Does he want to be alone?"
Your thoughts only propelled you further to seek out Anons daytime hiding spot; something had to be done!
Nop0ny, even if they aren't a p0ny, should have to be alone their whole life!

You are Now Anon
You are sleeping at the same spot you've been at since yesterday, edge of the wood just before P0nyville.
You wish you took another book to read for keeps, but that wouldn't have been good.
"A bookworm would know" Cermina had said as you returned to the woods after reading your fill.
"Its legit study to be the keeper of all those books when you live in the library."
You agreed as you slunk into darkness.
You felt bad leaving Pinkie pie back there, she should have been brought home, but that would have taken too long and increased risk-factor. Last thing you want is to LOOK like your kidnapping, in this case "P0NY"-napping, Pinkie Pie rather than returning her.
You sigh, turning over to your side as you look at the grass, watching the familiar Pink P0ny trot along the shoreline you were found at yesterday. She seems quite cheerful despite the muttering as she goes over the spot she found you, seeking high and low, even under the bridge, talking to herself.
Cermina smirks
"Seems her friend did not believe her."
"I'd imagine, we kept no trace, she has no evidence but visual, not much to go on, and that owl seemed
pretty...tight."
"Its an owl, few can understand dem."
You sit back. Again, you feel bad for Pinkie, and it makes you uneasy because she knows, but knowing few would believe her was a good thing, mean, but good.
You decide to wander around the rest of the perimeter of the Village, you have already been to the library and about the main area, but the rest of it still was...a mystery.
You can't go far out of the woods, its still broad daylight and the last thing you want is attention.
Don't want it
Don't need it.
Need to get use to the fact you are NO LONGER in the same Planet, heck, UNIVERSE even, and the only moment of your life is this drake who was pulled from your imagination. Fuck this shit, Fuck life, why does it mock you so?
You slap a hand over your face and drag it down, getting yourself ready for the day despite only 6 hours of sleep.


You're standing atop a hill overlooking what seems to be a city on a mountain side.
Its burning
There is something big there, something terrible.
You hear a roar, see the electricity dance
Claws, sickly weapons used only by a beast of malice as you witness the demise of several guard ponies.
A dragon, none like you've seen, glinting of massive crystals and eyes as piercing as knives begins to rumble through the debris of the city, right towards the main tower, where you see a white Alicorn standing, her ever flowing mane glinting brightly in the blood dusk this beast created.
Its jaws open, a massive roar and a lunge.

You shake your head as the vision passes
What was that
Future?
Something that just shot into your head?
Geeze, it felt messed up, what was all that about?
Cermina turns to you, your expression disturbed
"Comrade?"
"I"m fine...just a bit shaken"
"You look pale'
"Bad dream"
She refrains from pushing as you get up
"lets go, want to see how far around we get."
You start by going to your left from facing the village, your path takes you to another part of the brook and a second bridge.
Too exposed, but more wood on the other side, you decide to back tack and try another way
The route you take leads you around the entire village, cresting a large apple orchard some distance away from it.
Passing by, you heard loud thumps, like something slamming into oak as you peer through the trees to see an orange p0ny with white freckles and three apples on her flank, she was rear end towards a tree, slamming her rear hoofs into it and causing dozens of apples to fall out.
"She's strong"
Cermina slips beside you
"Must move on, do not wish to get her attention."
You nod in agreement, low profile, that's what you wanted right now, that's what you ne-"Hey there ANON!" came the loudest, chirpiest voice you ever heard as you tumble onto your back.
Big inhale

Ohsnap

Pinkie stood above you, the biggest, corniest grin on her face
"Found you! Silly, why aren't you around P0nyville, I have so many ponies for you to meet!"
You grumble
"I"m not interested in meeting many ponies Pinkie, I want to keep on my lonesome for the moment,figure
things out."
"Whats to figure out? You're in P0nyville, you need to have a welcome party!"
"Yeah, maybe in a year."
"Then you'll be older by then, it won't be the same!"
"I guess you can say I'm just not one for parties right now."
Pinkies colour seems to fade slightly as she heard this, those eyes big and deep as she looked at you
"You...don't like parties?"
You blink a few times, feeling the pain in her voice.
"Its...
"You don't like parties?"
Tears swelling in her eyes
"Its not that I don't like them....I just....never had one."
"Never
"Had"
"A"
"PARTY!?"
Those words almost rang out across the land, the shock wave reverberating all around you.
"Somep0ny whose NEVER had a party, thats....thats..."
"I think you broke her"
Cermina tapped her forehead as she stood beside you
"An outrage!" Pinkie exclaimed, pinning you to the ground
"You mean you never had or been to a party?"
"N-no...not since I was a little kid, but..."
"But nothing, you sir are in need of some serious catching up to do!"
"Pinkie...I don't think that's necessary"
"It is Anon, it certa-"
"Now what in hay is going on here?"
An unfamiliar, southern belle voice breaks the unusual argument as you look to see the orange p0ny staring down at you and Pinkie, her green eyes looking in shock at yours as you seem very...very small right now.
"Hey Applejack, have you met Anon!"
"Uhh no I haven't..."
"Oh! Well Anon, this is my friend AppleJack, Applejack, this is my new friend Anon, he's new here."
"So a'e see, don't think there eve'a been a creature like 'at before."
"She is Southern...the accent....it does not bring pleasure to ears."
Cermina mutters, keeping her focus directly on Applejack, this new P0ny was unknown, she was not going to be left unaware of this one.
"Uh hiya..."
You sound small to Applejack as she just looks at you, though her expression is more of confusion. It goes soft as she extends a hoof
"Well, I may not known yah as Pinkie does, but a friend o Pinkie is a friend of mine."
You slowly take her hoof and find that you're brought to your feet quite quickly and given a very firm shake.
Your body twitches, a few bones crack at the sudden strength leveled in your hand.
"Ow..."
"Oh, sorry bout dat, fragile fella aint he?"
"Just sore..."
"Well if you've been sleeping out here all day and going out at night, I'm sure you would be."
Pinkie's comment perks Applejack's curiosity
"Whatayamean "going out at night?"
Pinkie looks at you, you shurg, the goose has been set lose.
"I wasn't sure where I was so I sneaked out to see the town at night, not much of a person to talk to all those ponies. I spent the night at the Library thanks to Pinkie, and read up a bit on your town."
You tip your cap
"Well, that's certainly the oddest thing I heard, but big on yeh for saying it like dat. Most people tend to be more open here, but I' aint surprised to see some folk shy and uneasy."
"Its not...no...I'm not shy or uneasy, just..."
You pause
"Unsocial"
The two ponies look at each other
"I don't do well with people, or in this case ponies, sometimes....I'm rather uncomfortable."
They nod slowly, getting what you say
"So how ya'll fine with us?"
You rub the back of your hand
"I guess I'm just finding it easier to be comfortable, then again, you both sorta engaged me in conversation."
They look at one another again and chuckle
"Well sweet pea, many ponies here are always willing to talk to new fellers who come by here, Pinkie just happens to be a one p0ny welcoming committee"
The pink one bounces about "That's right, You still need to have the P0nyville welcome!"
"Maybe...later..."
Pinkie seemed a little let down at that, but you pat her head
"Its not anything I don't want to see, its just...I need to get use to the fact I'm not...you know...home anymore.
"Ah can understand whatcha mean Anon, it aint easy leaving home on your own."
You look at AJ
"Oh really?"
Aj nods
"When I was just a filly, I wanted to leave the farm and make it big in the city, boy, what a change it was, and a mistake I made to leave my home...Eventually, I smart'n up and came back as soon as I could!"
"that....doesn't help."
You abruptly reply, tapping your fist into your palm.
"You went back, found your heart at home. I don't think I can go back home right now."
AJ looks at you, rather dumbstruck with how you shot her down so easily.
"Sorry...s'why I'm not so social, tend to be quiet...blunt."
AJ waggles a hoof, seeing her mistake.
"Nah its fine darling, I getcha, you're right, I gather it aint easy to be alone without anyone else like yeh. Don't think we ever had any two legged folk round her aside from dragons"
"Dragons"
DRAGONS
Cermina grins wickedly for a moment before you look away, any other dragons were always fair game in her eyes.
You turn your attention back to the Ponies as you dust yourself off
"You hungry Anon, we're just bout to have lunch!"
You haven't eaten for nearly a day, you're not hungry, but hell, food is always good.
"That sounds wonderful, thank you."
AJ smiles "Then follow me!"

"Welcome to Sweet Apple Acres" AJ begins as she leads you through the orchard towards the main barn of the farm. You can't help but gawk at just how BIG the orchard was.
"Its the best darn place to find all yer apple needs. Myself, Big Macintosh, AppleBloom and granny Smith have been runnin' this here s'tablishment for quiet a long time. Lotta ponies rely on our apples for their daily needs, so we work mighty hard to supply em."
"Seems legit..." you say as Aj nods
"Darn tootin it is, we take might fine pride in our work, and you couldn't have come at a better time. Plenty of apples came in this season, Big Macintosh and mahself have been hoof deep in picking, whoo, but it will be worth it when we go ta market."
AJ seems quiet sure of herself, you can imagine two ponies working alone on this massive farm would be quiet a...predicament, but she certainly didn't seem to mind.
That or didn't want anyone else to help.
"Applejacks family is famous for so much of their apples! Everyone in P0nyville loves them so much, and we can use them for pretty much anything!"
Pinkie giggles as she jumps around, seeming to 'orbit' you with bounces.
"Why, during the last summer sunset festival, mah family and I were in charge of the refreshments, was a grand 'ol time on that one."

You find yourself staring down Celestia, her expression of bewilderment, perhaps even fear radiates across her face

You grab your head in pain as you recoil slightly
AJ turns to see this
"Whats wrong suga cube?"
AJ's voice is rather sweet about that, her southern accent makes you feel giddy inside as she sounds rather alluring.
You pause, shaking your head a bit
They are ponies
Fuck those dirty thoughts, you're not a pervert
"Sorry, I've got this headache that comes now and then and it really makes me flinch a wee bitsy."
Your answer is quick, true, but quick to the point AJ seems a bit skeptical, but decides not to pressure
"Get some grub in yeh, you're thin as a stick, may be good to stopping those head sores of yours."
"Can't argue with that."

The barn AJ led you to was quite well kept for being the obvious.
Hay was neatly staked away above the floor, which was empty of everything but the hay on it.
There isn't even a bad smell to it.
Set before you is a very long table with 3 place-mats put upon it, each one with a plate and, napkin, and a mug. The center had a basket full of red, green and golden apples.The barn was bright red with white support beams all along it like a standard barn fashion. Flowers in every window, including those on the second floor; living space...upstairs?

The barn itself was...well the barn, there weren't any other buildings except the coupes and pens for the chickens and sheep.
Guess that explains the rooms above.
Cozy
"Well I'll be."
"Granny Smith, AppleBloom, Big Macintosh, we got guests!"
"Oh boy, guests!"
It was the cutest child-like voice you ever heard.
Dear God this is going to be one crazy kid.
You see what look like a smaller p0ny, and a much larger, big, red one.
Honestly, whats with red and being the dominant colour.
Whats wrong with blue, or black.
The two new arrivals look at you, a sense of bewilderment in their eyes.
The little one perks up
"Apple jack, who's that?"
"AppleBloom, Big Macintosh, this is Anon, Anon, this here my lil sister AppleBloom and my brother Big Macintosh.
"Charmed" you bow a bit in a sign of respect.
The ponies don't really get it, but they smile
"Pleasure ta metcha Anon" AppleBloom said
"E'yup!" spoke the Stallion, not much of a talker.
A moment later, a third p0ny straggles in. She's an older mare, much older than AppleJack. She seemed scrawny, using a walker to move about as her big eyes seemed to peer around the room, occasionally squinting to see.
"Granny Smith, we got a visitor.
"Ahma commin, ahma comming, w-we best get our good plates for the newcomers.
She goes right to the table, sitting on her rump at the edge of it. her eyes closed a bit as she mutters something you can't make out. The others do the same as you look about, not really able to just sit on your behind.
"Something wrong Anon?"
AJ inquires
"I need a seat."
AJ blinks, but realizes you aren't a p0ny, surly you don't sit the same.
"got any hay-bales I can use?"
"Plenty, Big Macintosh, can ya-"
"No need"
You see one square bale of hay laying near the side of the barn, quickly easing over, you grip the string and lift it. Oddly enough, its lighter than you thought and you easily carry it back, dump it down, and then sit on it.
"There, easy as pie"
"I LOVE Pie!" pinkie exclaims
"Aye you youngins, make an old granny proud to see such strength..." she goes off muttering something about having a hard time to find food, but you don't bother about it; the history of this place is not yours to care for now anyway.
Brain wants food
Table means food
Where is the food?!
You sit across from the Green one as AJ and Pinkie sit on either side of you.
"Oh, were are mah manners, Anon, this is dear ol Granny Smith. She's been around since the founding of P0nyville"
"That' right!" Apple Bloom chirped in "If ya'll got any question bout P0nyville, she's the one to ask.
You tip your cap down a bit
"|Thank yeh, I'll be certain to ask."
Granny Smith seems to eye you very seriously for a moment, to the point where her gaze seems to attract everyp0nies attention.
They turn to you
"Whats up Granny Smith?" Pinkie asks
"Ya'll didn't say one of em Dragons would be joining us."
The room feels very cold for a moment
Cermina blinks, hissing a bit as she was standing right behind you.
"Granny Smith, you sure ya'll right? There be no dragons round for Miles."
"Now don't be misjudging me cause I'm old!" she flails a bit "Dere's a dragon rite dere, standing rit dere, why not let em sit!"
AJ, Pinkie and the others look around in surprise, but they see nothing. You just see Granny Smith bearing her eyes into yeh.
"Been a long time since I heard bout em Walking Dragons, never thought I see one one of em."
"Walking Dragons?" You ask, hoping to disrupt the awkward silence
"Yeh, Aint been since the first Dragon Wars those kind had been seen.
"The first Dragon Wars?"
Apple Bloom asks
"A'yep, before you or even I was a fillie, before P0nyville was P0nyville, and Equestria was a big and proud country, there were dragons."
"Of course the're still around Granny, tons of em, we watched em migrate a few times in the past."
"No, dis is different!" Granny barks "What you see is just the small litter of those left, back den, they would rule the very sky!"
Granny eased back in her chair.
"Mah granny once told me, long go before she was a granny herself that their family were serving with the Royal Guards of Equestria. Back then, everyone had to take part in military service, what with the griffons and the dragons and all the other creeps n' beasts from the Everfree forest and beyond. The dragons were the worst of em all, no matter how many mares and stallions could be brought up, it took many just to bring one dragon down."
Her voice falls a bit as you're clenching your seat, taking in all this.
Cermina seems offended, but keeps her arms crossed behind you, glaring at Granny.
"One day, when the dragons were planning to launch a massive attack on Canterlot, a small band of oddly shaped dragons, no bigger en Princess Celestia, appeared before the Royal court. They would want to see peace between dragons and P0nykind. We ain't never see a creature like em before, their words were sweet and our kingdom listened, the dragons too had listened, and peace was given between us. S'why now, we let those dragons fly through on migration, part of the treaty between dragon and p0ny that prevented either side from whiping the other out. You could say, they saved Equestria from being destroyed by dragons."
Cermina can't help but smirk a bit.
"Well, that's quite a story"
You smile a bit, finding it quiet interesting to have listened.
"Well, you youngins don't know much bout your history, s'important to know where your roots come from, now c'mon, your grannys mouth getting tired of yammering."

Lunch went smoothly, aside from the male storm of questions about who you were, the Ponies were more than friendly enough towards you that you are quiet comfortable being with them. Pinkie was busy chatting up with AJ, clearly their friendship was quiet strong. Big Macintosh was simply eating, a quiet type, like yourself, and then AppleBloom who kept staring at you in awe.
Kids...or in this case "fillies"
You still find it odd how they aren't thinking you as some demon or monster, but being invited into lunch was kindness enough. Granny Smith still bothers you slightly about the story.
Dragons like Cermina? Impossibur! It couldn't be the way you were probably thinking it, brain seems to be generating so many wild ideas you have trouble focusing on what you were eating.
Apple things
It began with some apple strudel for an appetizer, followed by large apple fritters, sized to almost your fist in length as the main course with some greens.
Apples and Greens, that's the oddest combination.
Ponies don't seem to eat much else other than the obvious, and meat was out of the question.
You'd still needed protein, don't think much of that would be inside apples.
"So, what's it like being a huu man?"
Applebloom suddenly spoke as you had a piece of apple fritter in your mouth, you look at her, chew very, very slowly, each bite almost drove on before you swallowed and gently whipped your mouth with the back of your hand.
"Scrumptious!" you say "my thanks to the chef!"
AJ smiles
"Ah shucks, Granny and I can whip up a storm of good eats, glad ya'll like it." You turn to AppleBloom.
"I am who I am, I cannot say I've been anything else."
"But you must have lots of stories about what sort of things you do!"
"Perhaps, some to say, some not, I guess I'm not really...open to debate my life with a p0ny I don't know too well."
Applebloom seems a bit let down.
"Tell yah what, maybe if we spend some time chatting about you, I'll be more than happy to open up about me."
The filies eyes light up "Really!"
"Really"
"P0ny Promise?" She extended a small hoof towards you and you gently take it.
"Sure, I'll be more than happy to."
You can see Cermina smirking a bit, she liked children, but she kept turning her gaze to Granny.
"She is wiser than she looks, be wary comrade."
You roll your eyes a bit, sighing as you eat the rest of the fritter.
"pardon my asking Anon, but ya'll got a place to stay?"
You look up from your concentrated chewing, swallow and sigh
AppleJack has an expression of concern on her face.
"Not...really, been sleeping in the woods around here."
"Tsk, nop0ny should have to sleep in dem woods darling, why not shack with us? We have plenty of space."
You look oddly at AJ
"That's the sweet darling, I'd be happy to oblige."
You present your best 'western' voice you got.
Aj seems to blush
"Ah well, d-don't mention if sweet pea, you're more then welcome."
She held up well.
"perhaps there is some way I can repay you?"
AJ looks at you in surprise
"Oh, think nuttin of it darling, you're more then happy to stay here.
"No, I can't just accept that, thank you kindly, but I feel I must return the favor."
AJ looks thoughtfully for a moment before Pinkie Jumps in
"Hey, why don't you work during the night?"
Genius
Pinkie smiles, almost like she knew.
"Well 'at would be mighty fine of yeh."
You nod
"Yes, it would, I mean, I'm sure I won't be able to do as much as you can during the day AJ, but I'd be happy to know that any little bit Ido during the night will help you in the coming morn."
AJ nods.
"Sounds like a fine thing to me, we got a deal!"
She extends her hoof again, you take it with equal vigor this time before Pinkie jumps about
"Whoo hoo, now were definitely have to have a party for you!"
You rub the back of your head as you finish with lunch, you didn't realize how much they cooked
You hadn't realized just how much they ATE.
Pinkie aside, from a mountain of apple-based foods, only the plates were left.

After you pitch in to clean up, AJ and Pinkie show you around the orchard.
It's huge
How does a p0ny acquire so much land?
It makes you look at AJ oddly, she must have come from a very well of family.
"We got plenty o'apples that nee a bucking every season, we make a pretty profit off them in P0nyville,
but...I wish ah could'a sold em during times in Canterlot."
"What was wrong with that? You're food is awesome!" you comment, remembering the fritters and pies you had.
"Well thank yah kindly Anon, but, the noble ponies in Canterlont don't really see a lil country-girls food as "fine dining".
AJ seemed a bit down as her head fell a bit, you gently pat her neck and she straightens it, looking at you.
"Cheer up, never bother with those snotty upper-class colts and fillies, personally, country food like yours is the best; all natural and wholesome goodness."
AJ seems to smile a bit brighter with that comment as she trots on ahead with a bit more vigor.
Pinkie on the other hand is still bouncing behind you, not trotting which was rather weird.
"So, you harvest all of em?"
"Yup, Big Macintosh a myself do it each year."
"Sounds like a big job."
"It is, learn the hard way that its good to have help."|
Pinkie nods
"Yeah, when she did, we all pitched in to help her harvest."
"Sounds like quiet an undertaking?"
"And you wouldn't believe how many apples we got!" Pinkie exclaims
"We could make so much apple cider than season."
AJ seems quiet proud of herself.
"Well that's pretty awesome."
You wrap up the tour of the field an hour later back at the barn, inside, AJ shows you a quiet spot above the main floor in the rafters where it seems to almost look like a separate level below the ceiling.
"Ya;ll can sleep here, you;ll be away from all the noise and bustle during the day, and ease of use during the night."
You climb a small ladder that takes you to the "troft" and you will call it. Enough space to lie down upon a heap of hay.
"This will work out nicely."
"Den we're all settled, a pleasure to have you on the farm Anon."

You wake up sometime later from your own rest that evening, seeing the stars come out
Down at the doorway you see Cermina look out into the Orchard, she looks up at you and grins
"Dis will be fun comrade, can do much training here."
"Yeah, that sounds like a plan, but we also got work."
She nods
"Can do both..."
You ease down the ladder to the floor and meet with the drake, she salutes and you both leave the barn
Halfway from the building you hear the sudden howl of wolves.
OHSNAP
They sound very loud, not like wolves back home, something bigger and deeper with an almost unnatural hint to it
Timber Wolfs as Granny had yodeled the rest of the night, successfully waking the others, you, Pinkie, and AJ meet outside, since you were all up, the topic of smores came into play and you go build a fire.
'Interesting, a play on words'
"Ah whut?"
AJ asks
"Play on words, it basically stating the obviousness of wooden, timber in this case, wolves."
"Ah, so you fancy yourself a smart talker?"
"if your questioning my smarts, then yes, my conversation speak sucks."
AJ and Pinkie chuckle a bit
"Hey since were up, why not tell us about yourself Anon?"
AJ ask
You pause
What is there to tell
How you lived your life pretty much alone
Talked to online friends you never could see
Never had many good friends
Such a sad story
"well i didn't do much after i graduated university"
"university?" AJ asks
"a school of higher learning, you know, you attend it after high-school."
The Ponies can't seem to get it at first, perhaps seeing as the only real school looked like an elementary school.
"You mean like that school twilight talks about?"
Pinkie inquiries
"Whats it called?"
"Princess Celestias school for gifted unicorns, shes the top student."
You rub your chin
"Talk a lot about this Twilight"
"Cause shes a totally awesome friend slash Brainiac"
Brainiac?
"ah don't think brainiac is the right word Pinkie, a'h give my two bits to say shes "well read", she has a book on sleepovers for shootin sake. Aint never heard anyone else with a library that diverse."
"Well duh, she lives in one."
"I don't think that's the point pinkie."
"No, this is!"
Pinkie skewers a whole row of marshmallows and lay them over the fire.
You watch as they cook and she shoves the whole thing into her mouth.
You feel a bit sick as you shake your head.
"so Anon, what was University like?"
"It was great..parties...all th-"
"Murrnur!" Pinkie exclaims behind a bulge of white in her mouth before swallowing it... Unnaturally.
"Parties are always great!"
"Not exactly that kind... I... Sorta kept away from them."
"But why? Parties are super great, with food and drink, dancing and fun with your friends."
"That's partly it."
They look at you.
"i didn't have any friends."
The best way to say it is that you seemed to blow a part of their brains clear out of their heads on both of them, Pinkie and Applejack seemed completely taken back by the comment
"You didn't have ANY friends'
Both girls say with the most shrill, surprised expression their voices could muster in perfect unison.
"Sad isn't it..."
"SAD!? Its just....TERRIBLE!" Pinkie exclaims, grabbing you with her hooves
"How could you have NO friends?"
Her eyes beam into yours
"Well...I was busy with studying"
"That sounds just like Twilight, but, ah doubt that be all the reason?"AJ says
"I didn't like the crowd much.."
"Just like twilight" they both say as they sigh
"It seems you and her certainly have something in common. Sounds like you'll be a good pair to talk.'
"That's right!"
Pinkie jumps behind you
"She was sent here by Princess Celestia to make friends, and in doing so, helped stop Nightmare moon"
"Who?"
"She was Celestia's Sister, but she went something nasty, she came back only awhile ago to try and reign in utter darkness."
"But Twilight, she knew all about it, and...despite us not being so sure, she was true to it."
"WE all helped her figure it out and became the Elements of Harmony."
You raise a hand
"Elements of Harmony?"
Both girls nod
"Elements that make up Friendship!"
Again in perfect sync, that's nuts.
Pinkie was trying to get more marshmallows on her stick.
"I'm the element of Laughter"
AJ raises a hoof to her chest.
" a'h am the element of Honesty."
"Pleasure."
You smile a bit, but then those thoughts in your brain
Systems are running!
"what happened to Nightmare"
The two ponies look at one another, then at you, the air about them seemed to change a bit to a more 'serious' feeling.
"She reverted back to her true self, Luna, the Moon Princess, and lives in Canterlot with her sister
watching over the night. It was...quite a magical moment, we had a HUGE party afterwards!"
You pause, looking up at the stars
"So is she watching us now?"
"Wouldn't be surprised if she was."
"Charming...maybe she would be interesting to meet."
"You want to meet Luna?"
Pinkie becomes slightly more restless by the though as her mane was now stuck to several partially metal marshmallows.
"Whats the problem if I do?"
"Well..." AJ rubs her head, pushing her hat over her face."
"She aint one to be taken kind to, after wut she did, many ponies aren't to...happy..with her."
"She kidnapped Celestia, made it eternal night, and threatened to rule over us! You can NOT SAY that's just the meanest thing to do!"
"yeah...but...well."
You sigh, it seems that she had done some pretty bad shit, honestly its a shame since she's the Princess's sister. kinda upsetting, but perhaps something to think about.
AJ Yawns
"Welp, if y'all gonna be up all night, Ah best be off to bed to get mah sleep, busy day tomorrow."
"Sleep well AJ,pleasant dreams."
The orange p0ny "kirtsies" crossing her forelegs and bowing her head slightly
"Well thank yeh kindly Anon, you take care yourself."

Pinkie smiles, turning to you as she jumps towards you and hugs, smelling of marshmallow as you keep her at arms length to avoid getting sticky.
She seems fine, flailing a bit in your arms.
"Have a wonderful night Anon! I hope we can see you tomorrow!"
You smirk, easing her down and patting her...rather sticky...mane.
"We'll see what happens then, I'd be happy to spend time with you."
Pinkie wiggles in your arms before you release her and she bubbles up all around you
"YAY, it will be loads of fun! Have a nice night!" she says before bouncing off to her home, leaving you to do your night time duties.