• Published 15th Oct 2012
  • 2,107 Views, 12 Comments

The ponies, the dreams, and the nightmares - Moofrog 3



After a wish is fulfilled the ponys of equestira find that they have some new neighbores.

  • ...
1
 12
 2,107

Of ponys and Puffballs

Disclaimer: The kirby series belongs to Nintendo and My little pony belongs to Hasbro. I own neither.

The Void of space

Out in the void of space, a powerful force had opened its eyes. This force was known only as the Galactic Nova- a mysterious comet of unknown origin and purpose. It was known, however, that this comet would grant a wish to whomever could summon it. Today, it was going to fulfill a wish made long ago by someone long dead. A wish that Dreamland could one day meet a another far away land. A wish that was in the comet's function- long overdue to be granted.

Ponyville Twilight Sparkle's home

The next day

Twilight Sparkle had been having such a nice sleep that morning. Well, that was until she felt something on her bead. Moaning lazily, the purple unicorn turned to see what it was.

Meanwhile, downstairs, Spike's sleep was rudely interrupted.

THUD!

Assuming it was just a book that had fallen, the baby dragon rested his head against his pillow- attempting to get back to sleep.

THUD!

Spike's eyes shot open. OK... So it was two loose books. Nothing to get out of bed over.

THUD! THUD! THUD!

Though that didn't mean he couldn't bury his head in the pillow.

THUD! THUD !THUD! THUD! THUD! - THUD! THUD! THUD! THUD!- THUD! THUD!

"What is going on up there?" He asked. His eyes were droopy as he trudged out of bed. He moved to the staircase and proceeded up the stairs- the thuds getting loader as he neared the top.

"What's going on here you sound like you're in hea-" he stopped his question dead in its tracks the moment he saw what was going on.

There was Twilight, using a broom she had telekinetically lifted, trying to swat at some strange round pink creatures with insect wings and mean faces. The creatures themselves seemed pretty beaten up and one had black eye.

However as soon as the noticed him, the creatures flew out the window and out into Ponyville.

Spike was stunned. He blinked and rubbed his eyes to check if he was dreaming. "What were those?" he asked.

Twilight Sparkle shut the window "I'm not sure for certain, but I do have an idea ."

"What's your idea?"

Twilight Sparkle gulped as a look of horror crossed her face. "Those things were giant mutant parasprites."

The Apple family's home

Later that morning

Over at the Apple Family's farm, things were going a little less then stellar... to say the least.

"Get back here you good for nothing thief!" Applejack shouted as she gave chase to a figure in a black costume holding a giant green bag. " No one pilfers from the Apple Family's crops on my watch!"

The thief did listen and only actually ran harder in his attempt to escape. Applejack tried to catch him with her lasso, but he jumped over it.

"You can't run forever!" She exclaimed in frustrating as the thief rounded a corner. She grinned as she realized just which corner the thief had rounded. The one that lead to a dead end! "I have you now." She began, but cut herself off as she found the thief was nowhere in sight.

"What in tarnation?"

"Applejack! We have a problem!" Came a voice from behind. Applejack turned around to see Twilight standing there with a frightened look on her face. Behind her stood Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy: all sharing the same look she had.

"Oh hey Twilight, so what problem brings all you gals here?"

Twilight breathed in with exasperation. Problems would be more correct. It seams everypony seems to be running into some kind of problem. "My issue is giant parasprites. I'll let the others explain theirs."

Rainbow Dash came forward first. "Aliens have taken interest in Equestria. I was just resting on a cloud over Ponvyille, when a white UFO just flew past me!"

Rarity was next "Most of my gems where stolen by mice! Oh poor Opel she tried to stop them, but those rotten little things were throwing bombs at her." She was breaking up into tears at the last part.

Fluttershy backed away as Applejack's gaze shifted from Rarity onto her. "Well... well... I was attack by a giant, flying, one eyed, cat head."

Applejack looked confused "A what now?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

Applejack thought for a second "Well I happened to have run into a nasty little thief stealing from my farm, so it looks like we all got some issue." Applejack looked around before noticing something. "So is Pinkie Pie alright?" she asked.

Rainbow Dash answered "Well we haven't exactly heard from her yet, so I have no idea."

"Well then I think we had better check. Who knows what could have popped up at Sugercube Corner?"

Soon afterwards the group of friends departed for Ponyville- unknowing that their friend was in the middle of a meeting with a being with horrendous appetite.

?

Celestia awoke to find herself in a strange place. The floor felt hard yet strong and even standing on it seemed to fill her with a kind of joy. Looking around, she saw she was on a stone walkway, hovering over some kind of fountain. The fountain is question was spewing out water that seemed to be clear. However her innate sense of magic told her the water was for more than just to add to the atmosphere: that it served a much greater purpose. In the center of it all was a huge flying citadel, with a large star hanging over is grand doors.

However this would soon change as a dark and terrible shadow cast itself over the whole area, eclipsing the entire thing in a dark and terrible shadow. In fact, for a moment, all around her went black. When the light returned it was only in a direct circle around her.

However as she looked around she saw several strange object. The first was a treasure chest- it seemed innocent enough from its looks, however she felt a dark and terrible presence within it. The next where innocently enough a ball of yarn, and a painting, but these two felt just as twisted as the chest. After was an object whose appearance reflected the feeling it gave off; a skull on a black pillow. This was followed by a pair of statues. One held a jester like figure who balanced on a ball, and the other was a faceless being with a crown on its head.

All of these paled in comparison to the next objects. Like one of the objects that came before it this one was a painting: however this one didn't even pretend to have innocence. It detailed a mysterious creature.. The things entire body was pale- almost deadthly white. Up on its head was a halo, or what she thought was a halo. Its wings were long and powerful and seemed to threaten with their very presence. However the most disturbing detail of it was its eye. The eye was an evil shade of red, and a stream of blood was dripping down from it. The creatures gaze was hateful and full of rage. Almost as if it despised and envied everything that was good in the world.

When she finally moved on and cast her gaze upon the last of the objects however something strange happened. The object in question was a mirror, and though it gave her a clear reflection she was worried by it greatly. That was when it happened.

Her reflection suddenly changed color taking on a grey tone. Its eyes changed color to a bloodthirsty red. The main was no longer a combination of greens, pinks, and blues, but one of reds, blacks and indigoes. The most frightening of all was the cruel predatory smirk it gave. On that broadcasted a sick sense of superiority and pride.

It was also apparently aware for once it saw Celestia's face. It gave a cruel laugh. "What's the matter? Surprised at the new look? Not that it matters. I know how well you handle surprises, and how soft you are. Afraid to give you little ponies a little sunburn? Don't worry I'll fix it when I get out. Until then I'll be seeing you in your dreams."

After that Celestia's reflection faded from view gone entirely leaving the mirror hollow.

"You should not have looked into the Dark Minds Mirror. It tends to create unflattering reflections of those who do."

Celestia turned to the direction of the new voice. "Who goes there?"

The voice only chuckled "Know that I am a friend. You will need as many as you can get now that are worlds are connected."

"Connected?"

"Yes a powerful cosmic force know as the Galactic Nova has chosen to bring are two worlds together. Whether there is a greater purpose, or this was random luck... I do not know."

"Is there anything I can do to stop it?"

"I'm afraid not. The portals connecting our worlds could cause catastrophe if someone attempted to shut them. However these portals are the least of our worries."

"What!"

"The portals are not the main threat. It seems several evils, though to have perished from my world, have be given a new life. Do not worry though; our heroes along with myself will do all we can to help"

"Who are you?"

A loud thumping sound could be head and a small figure with a mask walked out of the darkness. "I have been given many name over my long life, but you can call me Meta Knight." The figure then turned around "I will assist you in the waking world princess, but for now this dream has ended. "

Soon a light overtook Celestia and she found herself on her bed wide awake.

Sugercube corner

Soon after the meeting at the barn

Twilight Sparkle and her friends opened the door to find Pinkie pie Baking. In fact, absolutely nothing looked out of place. Pinkie Pie turned to see her friends. "Hey guys! What brings you hear so early? Are we going to go party or something?"

Twilight Sparkle chuckled nervously "Erm... No. Well, actually we came to see if you were alright. You see, strange creatures have been popping up all over the place and no one knew how you were holding up."

"Oh, I'm doing ok. In fact I met some new friends!"

"New Friends?"

"Yes! Kirby! Bandana Dee! Come on out! I'd like you to meet some of my bestest best friends of mine!"

Almost in an instant the cupboards flew open and two figure jumped out. Both of them were small and round. However one of them was orange and lacked a mouth and on its head rested a bandana. The other was pink with red feet; he had blue eye and a cheerful face. Both of them were extremely cute and it was hard for Twilight to resist the urge to grab them and huge them with all her might. A look to her right told her Fluttershy was having an even harder time resisting said urge then she was.

The orange one was the first to speak "Um... hello my name is Bandana Dee and this is my friend Kirby. I will be translating for him because of his issue with speech." The thing's voice was adorablely nervous. "Go on say 'hello' Kirby"

The Kirby turned to see Twilight Sparkle and looked at her, his eyes meeting her own. On Twilight's part, she felt her ability to resist the urge to huge him decrease by about halfway. This staring contest went on for another ten minutes before Kirby finally broke the silence.

"Hiiiii!"

Sqeeze!

Fluttershy had, unlike Twilight Sparkle, not been able to resist the urge to hug kirby and currently had him in a tight embrace.

Kirby didn't seem to enjoy this and let out a cry of distress that sadly only bandana dee could translate. "Poyo!"

Bandana Dee took a step back "Come on kirby. I can't believe it's that bad"

"Poyp poyo poyooo!"

"Kirby, I don't think this is an act of aggression"

"Poyo? Poyo poyo poyo?"

"Yes I'm sure, and I don't think that this is some kind of crushing attack. I think she just thinks your cute."

"Poyo poyo poyo"

"Kirby I don't think we need to get violent here."

"Poyo poyo"

"Fine. Ok. I'll ask her to let you go." Bandana Dee then turned to Twilight "Yeah... Kirby really wants your friend to let him go. He really doesn't like being squeezed that hard."

Twilight Sparkle chuckled lightly. "Yeah. Ok. You heard Bandana Dee Fluttershy; Kirby wants to be let go."

Fluttershy went red with embarrassment and looked down at Kirby as she released him "Oh I'm so sorry, little guy, you're just so cute."

As soon as Kirby hit the ground he jumped back up onto one of the counters to get eyelevel with Fluttershy. "POYO!...poyo poyo."

Bandana Dee rolled his eyes . "He said that he forgives you. Just in case you were wondering."

Suddenly the entire building shook and all sorts of things fell off the shelves. The quake easily knocked everybody in the room off of their feet.

Applejack was the first to get back up "What was that?" she asked.

Twilight Sparkle was the next to get back on her feet. "I don't know, but it's coming from outside!"

Ponyville town square

Ponyville, to put it bluntly, was not in the best position. The citizens were in total panic, and most of the buildings were on fire. Then again, that was to be expected of a town when it has a giant flaming lion rampaging through it. The lion in question seemed very intent on wiping out the entire population, and its first victim was a small unicorn filly. Even worse... She was cornered.

The creature brought its paw to bear for the killing blow. Poor Sweetie Belle's life flashed before her eyes as she closed them in the face of her impending doom. The Fire Lion brought down it its claws...

Whooosh

When Sweetie Belle realized she wasn't dead, she opened her eyes. She currently being carried away from the beast by a small pink puffball. The creature carried her over to her sister and her friends and made motions as if he was telling her to stay put.

Rarity huged her sister in relief. "Oh Sweetie Belle! Thank goodness your alright! When we heard the commotion outside; we rushed out as soon as we could. Did that beast manage to hurt you?" She questioned, obviously concerned about her younger sibling's well being.

Kirby then turned around and jumped toward the beast dogging a claw swing with trivial ease. The lion roared with anger as it tried to pounce Kirby, but found its efforts to be futile.

Rainbow Dash was currently trying to ram the flaming monster, but couldn't get a good a good shot in as its fire kept on flaring up the moment it got close.

Applejack like Rainbow Dash was having no luck in her efforts to attack. The skin of the fire lion was simply too hot to buck without running the risk of melting her own hooves off.

Fluttershy was trying to ask it politely to stop. As one would expect the flaming feline was too preoccupied trying to kill the other too notice.

Twilight unlike the others was hanging back. She used her powerful magic to drop ever increasing amounts of water on the lion, and almost succeeded in douching its flame. Unfortunately when dealing with a fire lion almost douching the flames wouldn't cut it, and the creature was back to its extreme heat the moment she had to lift up more water.

Last of all was Pinkie Pie. She had decided to follow Kirby's example, operating off the assumption that he knew what he was doing. Her agility allowed her to mimic the puffballs amazing feat of dodging. The fire lion increasingly enraged divided its attempts between her and kirby unable to hit ether of them and unable to tell what they were even planning on doing.

"POYO!" Kirby shouted as he inhaled a nearby barrel and spit it back out in the fire lion's face.

The Fire Lion was knock back from the attack. The creature opened its mouth to roar, but paused to take a closer look at the assembled group. It eyed Rarity then passed over the others with its vision before stopping at Kirby.

It stared at Kirby for a few minutes before something clicked in its mind. After said realization, the fire lion gave what could only be described as a whimper and fled back into the nearby forest.

"What was that?" Twilight Spark asked clearly confused at the lion's sudden fear.

Bandana Dee thought for a moment "I think it read the 'Survival guide to Dreamland's Wilderness', or, you know, it could just be up to date on current events. I mean I wouldn't want to fight Kirby again, so I can see why that fire lion isn't so eager."

Twilight Sparkle looked back at the Waddle Dee "Dreamland Survival Guide?"

"Yes, it's a guide that tell you what you generally want to avoid doing if you plan on surviving Dreamland's outdoors for more than a few seconds." Bandana Dee then took out a sheet of paper "I even have the relevant page with me right now. Here read it." He said handing Twilight the paper.

Twilight Sparkle glance at the sheet.

'Dear future survivor

Before we can tell you what to do to survive Dreamland, we must inform you of things you shouldn't do if you want to survive Dreamland . Luckily that boils down to five simple rules.

Rule1: 'Do not try to harm Gordos'. It can't be done and you're likely to get yourself hurt on the spikes.

Rule 2: 'Do not mess with anything bigger then you'. If I need to explain this to you then you're already too dumb to live in Dreamland

Rule 3: 'Do not judge things base on appearances' Remember even harmless looking things can be deadly. Take Scarfys for example. They look harmless, but when your back is turned, they mutate into horrible monsters, chase you around, and then blow up in ypu face. You think I'm not sane? Well fine! Then go mess with that flying cat-like head and see what happens.

Rule 4: 'Do not under estimate Whispy Woods' Believe it or not Whispy Woods is actually threatening. His reputation as a weakling only applies to the likes of the King: Meta Knight and the Pink Menace. If your aren't on par with the above, then Whispy could probably make mulch out of you if you ticked him off enough.

Rule 5:'Do not mess with Kirby, his friends, anything else he cares about, and for the love of all that is good DO NOT take his cake.' If you do ANY of the above then he will hunt you down, beat you, eat all your food, burn down you house, and then do his famous victory dance on you bruised and bloody body.'

Twilight put the paper down and stared at Kirby. "Wow."

Bandana Dee gave a nod "Yep he may not look it, but Kirby is one of the most feared individuals in all of dreamland." Bandana Dee the looked at Kirby as he did his victory dance "He also is one of the best dancers."

"Hey Twilight come join us! This dance is fun!" Pinkie Pie shouted out did her own version of Kirby's victory dance.