• Published 8th Jan 2012
  • 1,201 Views, 16 Comments

A Horn - chlochlocola



Rainbow Dash was at Twi's house one day, but a spell go wrong gives her... a horn?

  • ...
8
 16
 1,201

Return of a Hooded Mare

The next morning

Rainbow could have sworn she heard a voice before she fell asleep. Tank came zooming through the room and into the crackled wall.

"Tank, I thought you got lost! This place is huuuuge!" She giggled. She, out of nowhere, heard an accent. A familiar accent. Coming from... the throne room. She put her ear to the door and listened in on the conversation.

"How is Rainbow, doing fine? If so, that would be most divine."

"Of, course Zecora, she is well rested. I'm pretty sure she is still asleep. I haven't risen the sun yet, so it didn't show through the window. That wakes everypony up."

"Your Highness, that is most impressive, is Rainbow not yet that obsessive?"

"Thankfully not. She has minimal items, and is not completely taken over by jealousy. Those items would give her a sense of protection in that stage..."

"That means all is good, she is the way she should." With that, the zebra was trotting off.

Rubbing her eyes, Dash moseyed into the hall, confused about the conversation. She wasn't supposed to be there. With that, she told herself she should keep quiet.

"Morning, Celestia" The cloud colored pony just smiled. The smell of pancakes drifted from the kitchen and snuck through the castle. Dash sauntered into the eatery, and saw something that surprised her. Astonished, shocked and left her flabbergasted.

"Mom...?"

"Hi dear! How are you doing? I didn't think you'd find out this early...."

"You're a unicorn.... and a cook...? Wings... Dad... what?

"Big hair, lessons, Rarity's Mom, real Dad."

"I understand... That's why you didn't fly.... no accident, with no watchamacallit...why you stayed inside...didn't pay the maid...."

"Thanks dear."
Rainbow just stood there, blinking, and amazingly... pondering. Not a Dash thing.

"You were in the doorstep. And it was you in town with the cloak, behind Zecora... No one noticed you though...lousy camera crew." "But..." sniff "forget it. It'll happen to everypony but me, Luna and Celsetia. Her Mother's face was a tinge sad, but you'd have to look deep behind skin to see it. "Can I borrow that cloak?"

***

A wild pony was scootering through Ponyville. "Oh, hi Zecora!" She smiled, but the zebra just walked behind the filly.

"I bet you'd never guess. Who is avoiding your caress."

"Rainbow Dash?"

"You got it! I'd better work on accents..."

"Omigosh! Rainbow Dash? Why are you so... tall?" She started to unveil the mare's hood.

"Wait, squirt, no!" Too late. The sword upon her head was revealed. Ponies ran for cover upon the sight. Only Scootaloo stayed.

"What? Wh-what... Happened?"

"I can explain. Wait. No, I can't."

"You. Are. 20%coolerthanbefore! Oh my goddess. I hafta show Sweetie Belle and Applebloom! LET'S GO!"

"I need to go back to the castle. You can come..." Scootaloo looked sullen at the words Dash spoke.

"Castle...N-no.... thank you." She shuffled off with tears trailing her.

"I'm sorry, kid." Rainbow too, that day had drops falling from her scarlets. She was as disappointed as she could be. I wanted a best friend as a filly. I was an only child. And no one liked me. My parents were usually busy. Sonja, our maid hung out with me, but she spoke a different language, though. And I would have loved Scootaloo as a friend. Now she's gone. And I made her leave. I guess I'll talk to Luna. She knows how this feels. The m... I'm not gonna say it. Why am I reminding myself of childhood memories..? I need some juice.