• Published 18th Apr 2024
  • 73 Views, 0 Comments

Crimson Fall - An Equestrian Rim Story - Visharo



Experience before and after the Battle for the Equestrian Rim from an entirely new perspective! More Kaiju vs Jaeger goodness.

  • ...
 0
 73

Preperation

Gung Ho munched on his dinner. Blitzkrieg was doing stretches next to him. The two had just returned from their battle with Riese. Gung Ho's foreleg was wrapped in gauze, but all in all, he looked good. Blitzkrieg was also wrapped in bandages, although it was in the chest area. Riese threw a lucky punch before Crimson ended its life. They dealt another blow to make sure it was dead before they collapsed. Another Jaeger from the Baltimare Shatterdome had to come out and drag the Jaeger back to the hold.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Blitzy."

"Please refrain from calling me zat."

"Why? I think it's a cute nickname." Gung Ho grinned, his partner just harrumphed and continued with his stretches. "No, but really, I'm okay."

"If you zay so."

The two finished with their respective activities. After clearing away their equipment, the two Rangers made their way to their bunks. Gung Ho was careful with his leg as he crawled underneath the blankets. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Blitzkrieg doing the same. It went quiet for a moment, then Gung Ho rolled over to face Blitzkrieg.

"When do you think this will end?"

"Vhat do you mean?"

"This war. The Kaiju."

"...never."

"Never?"

"Never."

***

"What's happening?" Gung Ho asked a pony. The pegasus shrugged and trotted away. The two Jaegers woke up a few hours past the required time to wake up. One of the privileges after a fight with a Kaiju the night before. When they exited their dorm, however, they were met with a large crowd of ponies in the common area.

"Line, vhat's happening?" Straight Line turned around with a grave expression.

"Marshall Insomnia says there's new intel on the Kaiju. As well as plans for another breach run."

"A breach run? But the past three all failed."

"Right, but somehow scientists at the Griffish Isles Shatterdome figured out a way to successfully close the breaches. They also said that a Kaiju horde will appear in a week or so, so we need to be prepared."

"..."

"Yeah." Line sat down with a heavy sigh, "it's heavy stuff. I suppose it'll be Equestria's last stand?" She let out a strangled laugh. "The Marshalls are drafting up plans to encircle the entirety of Equestria with Jaegers and then the bomb carriers will drop it down the two breaches, ending the war...supposedly."

"Zhat might be the biggest BS I've ever heard and I've heard a lot. Zhen again, wars are won by zhe mad." Blitzkrieg grinned like a maniac. Gung Ho merely chuckled, if his partner was alright with this, then so was he.

"So what do we need to do?"

"We train and wait for Judgement Day."

Author's Note:

Part of the Vishapocalypse of May 19

Really short chapter, just a tiny bit of calm before the actual battle. The real battle. That might just be 4,000 words. Who knows

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment