• Published 1st Apr 2024
  • 242 Views, 131 Comments

Marking the Generations – Part Four - Glimbursts



The fourth part of Marking the Generations, a reimagining of the later stages of the Make your Mark series. Equestria is under attack! Can our heroes stand united to prevail against Opaline or will she be free from her castle prison?

  • ...
0
 131
 242

Epilogue

Discord grinned as he reclined in his comfortable chair. The many monitors in front of him depict Sunny and her friends coming to terms with Sunset and Starlight’s departure. The room around him rotated around and around the same as always.

However, he grunted as he heard a portal in the mirror behind him activate.

“Oh, Sunset, I wish you would let me know when you’re coming,” he grumbled as he snapped his fingers.

Sunset’s head was poking out of the mirror. She smiled as the room immediately stopped spinning and settled into a normal position. Carefully, she stepped forward and out of the mirror. Her hoofs clicking on the floor as she walked forwards.

“Well, it’s not a surprise if I tell you I’m coming, is it?” she winked.

“Oh, I know,” Discord grumbled. “And I do enjoy your company. However, I wish you would give me a chance to prepare.”

“The same as you give everypony else a chance to prepare for your arrival?” Sunset smirked.

“Touché,” Discord smiled. “Well, what brings you back here from the human world then? I hope you haven’t gotten tired of seeing your latest group of friends age whilst you don’t.”

“Oh no, they’re all fine,” Sunset smiled. “No, I’m just wanting to check where things are at here. Have they made it back yet?”

“What? You mean Starlight and the younger you?” Discord smirked. “Yes, they’ve just left.”

Sunset smiled as she looked at the monitors, seeing Sunny investigating the locket.

“That’s good, that’s very good,” Sunset smiled. “It won’t be long now.”

“What? Will you stop speaking in riddles already,” Discord groaned. “I can never get a straight answer out of you when it comes to time. What won’t be long?”

“You’re one to talk about riddles,” Sunset smirked. “You will find out along with everypony else in due time. The clock is ticking now so I’ll be back soon enough.”

With that Sunset turned and started heading back towards the portal.

“Wait? That’s it? You’re going already!” Discord gasped as he spun around in his chair. “At least stay for some cucumber sandwiches.”

Sunset stopped and looked back over her shoulder with a smile. “Okay, fine. I will stay a while.”

Discord couldn’t help grinning with glee. He snapped his fingers and a plate of cucumber sandwiches appeared before he offered Sunset a seat.



Fin

Comments ( 11 )

Roll the credits please!

I love it

Great work on this epilogue. So Discord got a visit from Sunset's future self (returning just as her past self and Starlight returned to the past). So, it sounds like Sunset has become immortal (at least of the ageless variety). Also appreciated Discord's Hypocrisy Nods concerning Sunset's speaking in riddles when it comes to time.

REALLY looking forward to more of this series, even if this is the last story of "Marking the Generations".

11893748
Thank you for your continued comments on all the chapters. :raritywink:

I'm currently in planning stages for a follow up. :twilightsmile:
There is likely to be a couple. :pinkiehappy:

Best. Story. Ever!!

Here's a trophy for finishing your Marking the Generation Part 4. Congratulations. 🏆

11893767
Thank you for all your comments on every chapter. I've been looking for them each time one I'd uploaded. :twilightsmile:

A follow up is in the planning stages. :raritywink:

11893773
You're welcome, friend

This is one of the best stories I've ever seen in my life, I'm happy and very, very satisfied.I'm simply speechless, this story was Perfect

11894195

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. :raritywink:

You will be pleased to hear I'm getting on very well planning the first follow up story. :yay:

Aw, :ajsleepy: I missed so MUCH :raritydespair: I hate finals for taking this much time :flutterrage: Well, at least I’m sure I passed Math :raritydespair:

Well, this is been one of the best series I’ve read so far (even if I missed commenting on some of the latter parts :twilightblush:) I’m gonna miss this series :raritycry: And I can’t cram like 7 chapters into this one comment... :fluttershbad: If you’re gonna make a spin off with Flurry Heart, I’m definitely reading it (and to make up for lost time) :moustache:

11894392
I'm glad you enjoyed it and I hope your exams go well.

I think there are going to be a number of follow ups to this. I've enjoyed the different challenge that writing a MLP fic has given me. :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment