• Published 7th Feb 2024
  • 205 Views, 9 Comments

The Cutie Alchemist's Daughter - Visharo



Her family is in pieces, her home is inhospitable, the future is uncertain, Celestia needs to take lead and find a way to save Equus.

  • ...
 9
 205

Honesty

Honesty: fairness and straightforwardness of conduct

------------------------------------------------------

Celestia of Stars ran.







She jumped over a rock. She ducked underneath a branch. She wiped away the rain away from her eyes. When did it start raining? She kept on running.






She slipped on some mud. Her knees crashed onto the hard floor below, sending jolts of pain throughout her body. She curled up and cried...NO. She wasn't a weak filly anymore! She pushed herself up and wiped away the tears. She ignored the pain and the bleeding. She kept on running.







She looked behind her once while she was running. Once was enough. The sky rippled with black lightning, darkening the already dark sky. Putrid green fog rolled over hills and trees. That was enough looking for now. She kept on running.







A lake came into view. It was a familiar sight, one she had seen many a times. She just needed to make it to the other side. And then everything will be alright, right? She'd come home, open her eyes, and realize it was all a bad dream. She would hug Swirly, play with her sister, help Granny. Right? She kept on running.







A whiff of smoke got her attention but she didn't dare deviate from her path. She didn't even dare to look around, fearing what she might see. There was a small voice in the back of her head, asking where Sunset Shimmer was. She paid no attention. She kept on running.







As she ran through some bushes, ignoring the painful whaps of the branches, that small voice reminded her that Shining Armor was with Sunset. That brought her a small amount of peace. She kept on running.







Who was she? That question ran around her head just as fast as she was running with her hooves. She didn't know when that question started to ask itself, but the question seemed appropriate. Her rhythmic thumping of her hooves lulled her senses, allowing her mind to disengage and contemplate. She kept on running.







The valley was closing in. She found herself speeding up. The closer she got, the more familiar everything looked. The more it looked like home. The more painful it was with every step. The more joy she felt with every passing second. The more tears streaked down her face.

Celestia of Stars stopped running.

Author's Note:

Welcome, one and all, to the first chapter of this fic. The mood will be drastically different from what it was in the prequel, but it will continue the story through Celestia's eyes. If you weren't expecting for the story to go in this direction, that's great! I wasn't expecting it either, and that's the truth. I hope you stick around for the entire thing, and of course, feel free to comment your wishes and your criticisms.