• Published 20th Jan 2024
  • 354 Views, 0 Comments

It can happen to anypony - Rae_raee



Rainbow Dash struggles with deep emotional turmoil, feeling isolated despite her seemingly perfect life. Rejected by Twilight when seeking help, she finds solace in Fluttershy's compassion.

  • ...
 0
 354

A Journey from Despair to Hope

Rainbow had been feeling a bit low lately, where the spark of excitement eluded her, leaving a lingering sense of sadness in its wake.

She found solace in prolonged naps throughout the day, seeking refuge in the cocoon of her room. Happiness became an elusive specter in a world that appeared increasingly bleak and dull. The weight of despair pressed upon her, viewing the world through the lens of misery and darkness.

It seemed impossible to fathom happiness within this desolate realm. In her eyes, the world was collapsing, each attempt to escape only plunging her into deeper abysses of despair. The insurmountable grip of depression colored every facet of her existence, casting a shadow that seemed to suffocate any glimmer of hope.

Rainbow spent the entire day confined to her room, immersed in the depths of self-pity. Tears soaked her pillow as she grappled with the overwhelming sense of unfairness that permeated her world.

“WHY COULDN’T I BE HAPPY FOR ONCE” she screamed, throwing a vase at the wall.

Glass shards littered her floor, and her hoof bore the fragments of shattered emotions. Rainbow couldn’t have been more bothered to bandage it up. She was fine. Almost.

Rainbow Dash grappled with an enigma – the perplexing abyss of her emotions. On the surface, her life radiated perfection: awesome friends, an awesome job, and the exhilarating privilege of soaring with the most awesome team, the Wonderbolts. Yet, beneath this facade of awesomeness, an internal dissonance whispered a different truth. She found herself adrift in a sea of emotions, unable to reconcile the dissonance within despite the apparent splendor surrounding her.

Fear gripped Rainbow Dash, anticipating the judgment that might follow if she unraveled the tangled mess within. She had molded herself into the epitome of toughness in all of Equestria, yet beneath the facade, she grappled with the internal turmoil, feeling a sense of lameness and vulnerability that seemed incompatible with her tough exterior.

The terror of potential reactions paralyzed her, creating a conflict between the desperate need for help and the stubborn refusal to expose this fragile side. In her pursuit of toughness, she had inadvertently imprisoned herself, forgetting the healing power of vulnerability.

With a heavy heart, Rainbow rose from her bed, using a hoof to wipe away the traces of tears. The admission, though begrudging, lingered in the air – she needed help. Determined to unravel the mystery of her emotions, she took flight, seeking solace and guidance from Twilight, the beacon of wisdom in her life.

Reasoning that Twilight's knack for problem-solving, coupled with the vast expanse of her castle, might hold answers, Rainbow decided to seek refuge in the pages of a book. In the quiet expanse of Twilight's library, she hoped to find insights that could unravel the complexities of her emotions.

Rainbow, carried by the night wind, felt momentary calm as it dried the lingering tears on her face. Spotting Twilight's castle, she flew through an open window and crashed into the library, where Twilight was immersed in her reading.

“What…? Rainbow why are you here so late” she yawned

“It’s k..kinda stupid really. I’ve just… uh”

“Dash, just spill it out I don’t have all night” she declared, a noticeable edge seeping into her tone.

“I’ve just been… uh… feeling a bit down recently and I was wondering if you could help me”

"Well, what do you expect me to do, Rainbow? Celestia's drowning me in books, and I'm beyond exhausted. You'll manage; don't bother yourself," she replied, brushing off Rainbow's plea for help with an almost dismissive tone.

"Oh... that's... that's fine," Rainbow choked out, forcing a half-hearted smile that masked the pain within. Behind the facade, tears welled in her eyes, the struggle to maintain composure revealing the depth of her emotional turmoil.

She couldn’t bear to face twilight any longer. She used her wing to hide her face.

"Rainbow, is something wrong?" Twilight's voice echoed with genuine concern.

“It’s all cool… r..really”

It was not all cool. In fact it was the opposite.

Without waiting for Twilight's response, Rainbow Dash swiftly retreated through the window she entered, breaking into sobs. Did anypony truly grasp her pain?

She soared to the nearest cloud and collapsed, weeping like a vulnerable foal. Her tears flowed for what felt like an eternity, isolated in solitude. The absence of anypony else heightened her sense of brokenness. Even the stars, usually radiant, seemed dimmer. With her head buried in her hooves, she struggled to muffle the intensity of her sobs.

“Rainbow?”

How could Twilight be so careless? Rainbow Dash, who trusted her with her life, felt a profound sense of betrayal. The pony she once considered a friend now seemed distant and untrustworthy.

“Rainbow?”

Did no one else comprehend her pain? It seemed Twilight, too, failed to understand, as evident in her lack of support. Rainbow Dash doubted anything would ever change, leaving her questioning how she could ever muster the courage to seek help again.

“RAINBOW?”


Slowly lifting her head from her hooves, Rainbow Dash found Fluttershy flying beside her, wearing a deeply concerned and compassionate expression.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to yell”

“It’s ok fluttershy. I’m fine”

“No you’re not rainbow. Now tell me, what’s gotten you so upset”

Unable to reveal the truth to Fluttershy, Rainbow hesitated. The weight of embarrassment held her back. Yet, in that moment, she wondered – had Fluttershy ever hidden the truth in their years of friendship?

Rainbow sat up slowly, trying to regain her thoughts. “Ok fine I’ll tell you. It’s r..really not that important.”

“Rainbow, it doesn’t matter if it’s stupid. It’s clearly not stupid enough if it’s gotten you this upset over it.” She put a wing over the cyan pegasus. “I won’t tell anypony else”

Rainbow Dash recognized the sincerity in Fluttershy's eyes, a familiar depth that echoed the honesty shared in moments that truly mattered between them.

But she was terrified to tell anypony what was wrong. She could handle this.

Suddenly, Rainbow Dash surged off the cloud with a burst of energy, streaking through the night sky as if propelled by the urgency of her emotions. Her wings beat with a relentless determination, pushing her to the brink of exhaustion. She soared until fatigue overtook her, and with graceful desperation, she descended to a solitary cloud below.

Nestled on the ethereal cushion, she sought solace. The gentle embrace of the cloud cradled her, a haven where she could unravel her thoughts in the quiet expanse of the night. The distant glow of her home seemed unreachable in the vastness, leaving her to grapple with the echoes of her emotions against the starlit canvas.

She moved slowly toward the cloud, tears still streaming down her face. Lazily wiping away the tears, she curled up on the cloud.

Just as she was drifting off, a gentle tap on her head roused her. Opening her eyes, she found Fluttershy by her side.

“F….fluttershy?” Had she really flown all the way over here?

“Rainbow I don’t mean to pry but you’re clearly upset. Tell me please, what’s wrong”

When rainbow’s response was to close her eyes again and ignore her, fluttershy increased her tone ever so slightly.

“Rainbow I will not leave you alone until you tell me” she said with concern written all over her face.

“I… I’ve haven’t been feeling like myself recently..” she mumbled

Fluttershy gazed into Rainbow's eyes, her worry evident. Rainbow, who had always projected confidence and a strong ego, now seemed to be unraveling before Fluttershy's very eyes.

“I went to Twilight to ask for help. A..and s..s..she brushed me off. She wouldn’t listen to me.” Suddenly the tears started flowing again. She spoke between sniffles

"It's like nopony will ever get what I'm going through. Twilight, s..she just doesn't understand." Her tone carries a palpable sense of disappointment and distress.

“Rainbow, I’m here for you. You know that right?”

She nodded slowly, not looking fluttershy in the eyes.

"It's okay to feel this way. You're not alone in this, Rainbow. Many ponies, just like you, go through similar struggles."

Rainbow stopped crying for a second. “R..really?”

“Yes” she said patting rainbows head with her hoof.

“Well h..how could I fix this?” She asked, her magenta eyes finally making contact with fluttershy blue eyes.

"The first step is opening up about it. There's no need to fear showing your vulnerable side. Everyone has moments of vulnerability. You want to feel better, don't you?"

“Uh huh” rainbow sniffled.

"You can start telling me about it. If you feel comfortable enough, open up to the others. We're here for you, Rainbow. We want you to be happy. We miss your presence, your laughter echoing in our hangouts. We want you back," she pleaded.

She thought about it for a minute. She looked out into the moon, thinking about happier times with all her friends. All the times her friends were there for her. How they had been there for her getting into the wonderbolts reserves, how they’d been there for tanks hibernation, and even when she performed her sonic rainboom at the best young flyers competition. They really did care for her. In that moment, a small flicker of hope ignited, a testament to the transformative power of connection in the face of despair.

“O..ok” she responded. “I think I can do that”

“Sure thing, let’s patch up that hoof and head home. You look tired, and I want to make sure you’re all good to go.”

Rainbow dash attempted to get up but she staggered and almost lost her balance.

"Rainbow, I'll carry you. Just lie down and take a rest." She gently assisted Rainbow onto her back, conveying sincere care and compassion.

“A..are u sure flutters? It’s a long fly back”

“I can do it. You just worry about rest”

Beneath the night sky, their conversation unfolded—a delicate yet transformative chapter in Rainbow's journey. Without resistance, she allowed Fluttershy to carry her, drifting into peaceful slumber. Perhaps, in that quiet exchange, somepony understood. In the darkness, a faint spark of hope began to shimmer.

Author's Note:

This is my first time publishing anything on FIMfiction and first time attempting to write something in general. I’m no expert so if you have and tips or suggestions. Please let me know.
Thanks for your support

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment