• Published 27th Dec 2023
  • 125 Views, 19 Comments

A Cloudsdale Connection - PseudoBob Delightus



On Hearth's Warming Eve, Sky Stinger tries to make things up to Vapor Trail.

  • ...
0
 19
 125

Epilogue

It was sunset. Rainbow Dash was lying on a low cloud, somewhere around Ponyville, napping off another wicked hangover. A shadow suddenly darkened her sky, but that was alright, really.

"Oh, Rainbow…" a familiar voice lilted through the air.

"Hmm?"

"Rest well?"

She nestled deeper into the cloud. "Mhm…"

"Well, that's great!" shouted the voice, and a pair of hooves suddenly wrenched her from her nest.

She opened her eyes and found herself face-to-face with Spitfire, which, even under the best circumstances, did not bode well at all.

With a smile of righteous anger, she continued, "Because you've got some shifts to fill!"

Comments ( 9 )

a heart(h's) warming tale about love and the importance of thermoses

Oh that was a very interesting and sweet story and it looks like Rainbow Dash is going to have a busy day again it's always nice to see those two characters again keep up the good work Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

you know that I read this before hand to help edit. But, I'm gonna comment anyways

Good fic

11795359
Aw, thanks!

11784534
Thanks for your interest in the story!

11784063
Maybe I should do a spinoff from the perspective of the thermos?

What an enjoyable dramatic romp this was. Two ponies, struggling in a world together and finding the burden of existence a little less awful. What is nice about this story is just how quickly you can relate to the main characters with just the way they interact with the world around them. I feel Vapor's struggle. I am that one who has nothing else going on and will volunteer to spare others the struggle of upsetting their work-life balance. I have been saying more often though, so yay me!

Thanks for asking for this one to be read in the comment club. I enjoyed myself, though I did have to reread a few sections to reorient myself, especially during the storm scene. Might be just because I'm tired, but I definitely didn't exactly follow how Vapor was in trouble outside of just being in trouble with a storm. Have a like, Bob!

With a smile of righteous anger, she continued, "Because you've got some shifts to fill!"

ehehehe great way to pay off Rainbow Dash being a real jerk earlier!

This was adorable, I liked it a lot!
:twilightsmile:

11816409
Thanks for reading! And yeah, drama isn't a genre I have any experience in, but it was fun to write, and I'm glad it (apparently!) turned out well. Your praise means a lot.

For the thing you weren't sure about - not sure if you did eventually figure it out, but the problem is Vapor Trail develops hypothermia. Not good!

11840472
Thanks for reading! And I do love the trademark avalanche of comments. Does that mean I should quote some comments and reply? I guess so.

i do like this worldbuilding bit, shedding some light onto pegasus material culture

Glad to see all those minutes of cloud research paid off!

"down bad" & "hoowee"& "good bookend with the coffee scene earlier", re: romance

Yup lol. I'm not sure if they genuinely have no idea how they feel about each other, or if they simply can't bring it up for fear of ruining their friendship, but either way, down bad. Down damn near catastrophic.

"augh this is so Vapor Trail" & "aww that is so Rainbow Dash"

Characterization is something I struggle with, so this is good to hear.

And, I dunno. The rest are just really nice comments. Again, thank you.

11845777
Thanks for reading!

It may have been understated, but I took inspiration from some of your stories while writing chapter 5. So thank you for writing such cozy stories!

Login or register to comment