• Published 27th Nov 2023
  • 244 Views, 2 Comments

Misty, Sprout, and the monsters of Knottshurr Island - RiffRaff7942_YT



A Generation 5 crossover story, featuring monsters from Knottshurr Island, by Uksus and Raw Zebra, from the game ‘My singing monsters, the lost landscapes’, based on the game ‘My Singing Monsters’, by BigBlueBubble.

  • ...
 2
 244

Mane Melody Head Scratchies

The morning after accommodations were met for the monsters, Pipp walked into Mane Melody to start the days work.
“Morning everypo- U-, what is he doing here?”
The Knottshurr Tree was nestled in a corner of the building.
“Morning Pipp,” Jazz began, “He just kinda showed up this morning, and sat in the corner.”
“Uhh, okay…” Pipp said slowly, “Wouldn’t he deter customers? I mean, he’s not the prettiest, no offence.” Pipp turned to the tree to reassure him she wasn’t trying to offend.. The tree made an interpretation of a shrug, putting his hands up, as if to say ‘none taken’. He then beckoned Pipp with one of its hands over to where he was..
“He hasn’t really,” Jazz explained as they walked over, “In fact, he’s kinda popular around here. Everyone’s been recommending his services. He’s actually managed to earn a few extra bits.”
“…Services?” Pipp asked, her confusion at what Jazz had just said clear as day. Jazz sat her boss down in a comfy chair.
“Watch this,” Jazz said, shoving the chair next to the tree, which turned to Pipp slightly. It then cracked its knuckles, somehow, and put one of its scraggly hands on Pipp’s head. It then slowly began dragging its hand up and down, like a 3 pronged octopus head massager.

At first Pipp was taken aback, but the intense pleasure she was receiving from the scratching calmed her almost instantly. She closed her eyes gently, and a bright cat smile materialised on her face. Jazz smiled, seeing Pipp so happy and relaxed. She slumped back into her chair, fully enjoying her head scratch, curtesy of the Knottshurr Tree.

“So, changed your mind?” Jazz asked slyly.
“I never said I wanted him to leave,” Pipp began, “But I honestly can’t remember what I was gonna say after, this feels soooooo good. He can stay.”

*MYM*

A couple of hours passed, and business in Mane Melody was booming for a little while. The Knottshurr Tree had been giving out head scratches all morning, and each customer had left satisfied. Whilst the tree was on break, he had let the PippSqueaks (Seashell, Glory, and Peach Fizz.) nestle all over him. Seashell was lounging in his head hole, Glory was cradled in his mouth and Peach Fizz was being held in one of the tree’s hands. As usual, the tree showed no emotion, but he practically radiated ‘this is fine’ energy. As long as they didn’t inconvenience him, he would be alright.

Then, the doors to Mane Melody flung open, and in trotted Posey Bloom.

Posey was a notoriously hard to please Earth pony, and also one of few to resent Pegasus and unicorn magic at first when it first returned to Equestria, on the accounts of how crazy it had turned her life all of a sudden. Even though she had eventually grown to accept magic, partly due to the new upgraded Earth pony magic, she remained an easily irritable pony. As stated, she had had a peaceful life before the magic returned, and her current life was proving a little too much to be blindly happy all the time.

“Morning Posey,” Rocky Riff greeted her.
“Morning Rocky,” Posey replied.
“How was your morning so far?” Rocky asked, taunting the demon.
“It’s been fine,” Posey remarked, “I’ve only had 2 close calls with a reckless Pegasi this morning. One was trying to deliver mail, and the other was showing off.”
“Huh,” Rocky replied, “Would you like to take a seat at all?”
“Yes,” Posey said with a sigh…
They had gotten lucky that day, Posey had had one of her better morning.
Posey sat down, unknowingly next to the Knottshurr tree. The Pippsqueaks had left at that point, and the tree was enjoying some peace and quiet. Or he would have if the shop wasn’t still heaving. The tree had overheard Posey’s conversation, and whilst he as usual didn’t speak, he felt pity for the poor Earth pony.

Slowly, the tree moved one of its three hands towards Posey’s head. And slowly slipped it over her cranium. At first, Posey was filled with surprise and fear.
“Hey, what do you, think your…!!” Posey trailed off as the tree’s long spindly fingers were dragged up and down. Unbenonced to Posey, the tree’s other right hand undid her bow at the back, letting her hair droop down freely. The head scratches worked wonders. In no time at all, she felt much more relaxed than she had been all morning.

“This tree works wonders,” Posey remarked to Pipp, “Is it a new addition?”
“Not exactly,” Pipp explained, “He’s only here for a couple of days and then he’s hopefully returning home. You remember all the commotion yesterday with those Knottshurr monsters?”
“Oh, so he’s one of them?” Posey asked.
“Yes he is,” Pipp explained, “He’s the Knottshurr Tree. He’s been here all morning.”
“Well he certainly gives good head scratches.” Posey remarked, “Have you considered getting something like that to install here?”
“Well I have now.” Pipp replied looking at the tree.

Author's Note:

Sorry I took so long to get another chapter out. A lots been going on, but I decided to dump this chapter to give you something while I work on the rest of the story.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment