• Published 27th Nov 2023
  • 201 Views, 3 Comments

The Beauty of the Rock - ItsMrCapey



Hearts and hooves day… a splendid day for all.. yet, why was she alone?

  • ...
0
 3
 201

Meeting With the Rest

Princess Luna’s moon had finally lowered and made way for Princess Celestia’s glowing orb of fire. The sun she had risen was a sign the day had finally begun.

Rarity had finally started to awaken from her slumber. Her white hoof lifting up the pink face mask from her tired sapphire eyes, observing the bedroom.

Opalescence was asleep on Rarity’s sewing station, giving out brief meows in her own slumber.

After a moment of stretching and yawning; Rarity climbed out of her bed and into the bathroom, ready to begin for the day. Perhaps she should visit the others from her group and ask how their own Hearts and Hooves Day went.

Finally; Rarity’s blue translucent magical aura lifted up the hairbrush which laid on her bathroom counter and gently, the brush went through Rarity’s soft and curly purple mane, brushing any nearby knot out.

When all was said and done; she returned the used hairbrush back onto the bathroom counter and begun to brush her teeth and gargle some mouthwash, ridding the dreadful morning taste from her tongue.

The white unicorn had finally finished her morning ritual, all that needed to be complete was applying some new makeup. The blue aura wrapped around the cupboard and out came the diamond patterned makeup pouch. When the zipper let out a quick ‘zipping’ noise, Rarity’s magical aura had lifted out a palette of her usual baby blue eyeshadow and a wand of mascara. She gave a sigh after the makeup was set and complete and made her way downstairs into the main hall.

She didn’t wait too long before she trotted into the kitchen and grabbed a slice of bread, sticking it into the toaster for a few minute cook.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After her breakfast; Rarity wasted no time in walking out of the kitchen, grabbing her pink saddle bag and opening the front door of her boutique. When she had exited and closed the aforementioned door behind her; she made a beeline towards the main road to Twilight’s castle, enjoying the gentle breeze through her purple curls and the sound of silence.

When she had finally arrived to the entrance of Twilight’s crystallised palace; she gave a knock onto the door and saw that instead of the lavender alicorn answering it; it was her little dragon assistant, Spike.

When Spike saw who had came to visit, his green slit eyes turned into tiny hearts when he saw the unicorn, beginning to fawn over her immediately. “Hi Rarity..” The lovestruck drake gushed.

Whilst she found his infatuation sweet, she did admittedly find it quite… discomforting at times. Rarity gave a smile to the young dragon. “Good morning, Spike! Is Twilight here?”

The purple drake snapped out of his loving gaze and pointed towards the main library section. “Yeah, she’s reading one of Starswirl’s books on the history of Equestria. She’s read it like ten times..” The dragon sighed, shaking his head before he turned back to Rarity. “So, did you like the card and roses?” Those hearts in his eyes returned when he stared at his longterm crush. Rarity gave a sheepish smile which had a secret lace of discomfort.. “Y-yes, it was very sweet gesture of you, Spikey-Wikey..”

Spike felt his heart leap when he heard his nickname. But before he could say anything else regarding said presents; Twilight exited her library chambers, spotting the white unicorn.

“Oh hey, Rarity!” The cheerful alicorn walked over to the drake and his longterm crush. “How was your Hearts and Hooves Day?”

Rarity gave a nod to the alicorn’s question. “It was very nice, I will admit..”

Twilight smiles brightly at her friend, her purple eyes glistening with happiness. “I have got to tell you about the day I’ve had! Me and the girls are here waiting for you. Starlight is running a bit late but she will attend.”

The two mares trotted over to the chamber of The map of Equestria, spotting their mutual friends. Pinkie had spotted Rarity first and squeaked in excitement.

“Hi Rarity! How are you? It’s a nice day, isn’t it?!”

An orange hoof covered Pinkie Pie’s mouth. Applejack had came to the rescue. “Now now, Pinkie Pie..” The orange earth pony gave a soft smile to her possible relative. “Calm down, sugarcube..”

Pinkie Pie gave a groan against the orange hoof but started to calm down slightly but kept her usual party spirit intact.

Rarity chuckled lightly. “I’m alright, girls. I apologise for my absence yesterday. But enough about that.”

Rarity had walked over to her own pristine white throne with the other five mares sitting in their own assigned thrones.

Twilight had finally broken the silence, “Soooo… how was everyone’s Hearts and Hooves day?”

Pinkie Pie waved her pink foreleg excitedly, wanting to share the date of a lifetime with Cheese Sandwich! “Me! Me! Me! Pick me, Twilight!” The other five mares staring at her with surprise.

Twilight sighed softly. “Okay, Pinkie Pie… you can go first..”

Pinkie was overjoyed at the thought of being first in line! “Soooo.. me and Cheesie went to Sugarcube Corner for our date because duhh, it’s a sweet shop and Cheesie is VERY sweet! So it works! Anyway; me and Cheese had a large milkshake to share with each and some apple fritters that I had borrowed from Applejack!”

Applejack sighed, shaking her head.. “She came into my barn and stolen a couple of fritters… Ah saw her but ah couldn’t do much.. ‘Sides, Ah can just make a couple more..”

Pinkie laughed happily. “Of course, sooo I borrowed-“ Applejack cut her off to correct the excited pony. “Stolen.” Pinkie shooting a lighthearted glare at the apple farmer. “Borrowed.. some fritters. Me and Cheese had an AMAZING time!”

When the pink pony had ended her own story of love, milkshakes and stolen fritters.. Twilight was about to take her own turn when once again; she was interrupted by Rainbow Dash! The cyan pegasus gagged at the mere thought of ‘love and mushy gunk’.

“I don’t know how you guys do it! Love is just so… mushy…”

Fluttershy gave a soft chuckle. “Rainbow Dash; love is wonderful. It doesn’t have to be mushy at all.. Discord is a very romantic draconequus which is very surprising.. He was so sweet! We didn’t do too much but when the stars came out, Discord aligned them into a shape of a heart. It was very romantic despite Princess Luna being annoyed that Discord ruined the ‘Big Dipper’..”

Rainbow Dash was admittedly in awe but she quickly replaced it with disgust. “Eww mushy..”

Everypony in the room was surprised at Rainbow Dash’s depiction of love and romance. “I mean… I might or might not have been on a date yesterday..”

The mention of Rainbow Dash on a date made everypony’s jaw drop. Applejack raised her eyebrow. “Who in the hay did you take out then?”

Once the question set in stone; Rainbow Dash sighed and looked over at the orange earth pony. “High Winds.”

The mention of the Wonderbolt member didn’t surprise anypony really.. Applejack chuckles again. “Well, Ah can’t say Ah’m really surprised.. Ah mean; Yer both speedy Wonderbolts..”

Rainbow Dash blushed again. “I went to Hayburger with her.. anyway; what about YOUR day, huh?”

Applejack narrowed her eyes at the boastful pegasus and sighed. “Ah went on a date with Autumn Blaze..” Fluttershy was happy to hear the mention of their mutual Kirin friend but everypony else didn’t know the Kirin at all..

Rainbow Dash was staring at Applejack with her eyebrow raised. “Autumn Who-now?”

Fluttershy lends Applejack a helping hoof.. “Autumn Blaze is a Kirin from the Kirin village. She was the only member of their clan that spoke.. the rest were silent due to two kirins becoming niriks and nearly burning the whole village to the ground..”

“Ohhhhh!” Rarity, Pinkie, Twilight and Rainbow Dash said in unison. Twilight was dying to have her turn and Applejack took notice of Twilight’s eager expression and chuckled again. “Yer turn, Sugarcube!”

Twilight beamed and then started to talk about her own Hearts and Hooves day experience. “I travelled to Canterlot and met with Sunset Shimmer.. we had a great time! Reading books! Studying and writing letters to the princess!”

Pinkie gave a laugh! “That sounds like you and Sunset!”

Applejack shot Pinkie Pie an annoyed glare. “What she meant to say was; it sounds perfect for ya, Twi..”

Finally; the room set on Rarity.

“Ohhh well I… umm.. I didn’t have a date..”

Everypony stared at the embarrassed white unicorn in disbelief. Rainbow Dash broke the silence and yelled: “you didn’t have a date?! But you’re Rarity!”

Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Applejack shot Rainbow Dash glares. “Don’t be rude, Rainbow!” Applejack scolded, making the pegasus grumble.

“No… I didn’t have a date yesterday.. I was.. having a day out with Pinkie Pie’s sister; Maud.”

The room fell silent until.. Pinkie Pie giggled excitedly. “Maud had issues with meany ol’ mean pants Mudbriar and he broke up with her! My sister is so nice and fun!”

Before Rainbow Dash could give a counter argument; Rarity shushed her. “Pinkie Pie is right… Maud is very considerate and admittedly fun to be around..”

Applejack gave a soft smile to her unicorn friend. “Well.. Ah always thought y’all had a lot in common. Ah mean.. y’all like dresses, diamonds and such..”

Rarity blushed a bit; her white cheeks turning into a scarlet only Big MacIntosh could envy.. “Maud was very kind to me.. I was reluctant at first but we did end up having a wonderful time..”

Rainbow Dash laughed heartily. “I think you should consider it a date! It was in Hearts and Hooves day, you guys were alone.. sooo… that makes up for a date!”

Rarity shook her head at the pegasus, her white hooves fiddling.. a sweat drop running down her head.. “It was not a date, I was just being nice to Maud..”

“…. Speaking of her; How is she, Pinkie?”

Pinkie nodded happily. The gray earth pony must’ve been on the train to The Crystal Empire by now. “Yep! She’s fine! She’ll be back later on and she said she’ll send a letter to you about her trip! I can’t wait to hear it!”

Rarity gave a beaming smile at the thought of her monotone friend. “She will most definitely enjoy it! The Crystal Empire is absolutely beautiful!”

Beautiful? It was extravagant.. A mare like Maud Pie would definitely enjoy the crystal city.. and the sighting of The Crystal Heart..

Yes… She would definitely enjoy it there..

Author's Note:

Aaaand here we are! A nice little double feature for you all! Enjoy it ^^