• Published 15th Nov 2023
  • 321 Views, 9 Comments

Canterlot High School - Dot-Dot_Dot

  • ...
7
 9
 321

The first day

A pristine field is the lock of a dream that Aura Moon is in.

Her short hair waving with the wind as she stands there unmoved and just watching to see if his mind will conjure anything up to inspire the dream.

“Well well well. If it isn’t the weak version of me.” A person says as Aura looks around but doesn’t see anyone.

“Who are you? And where are you!” Aura asks as she looks around.

A figure that looks just like Aura appears infront of her.

“I’m you. I’m what you could have been if you had just kept your mouth shut. Something stronger. Better. Like a god.” Moon says.

“Whatever. I’m fine with who I am. I’m not trying to get kicked out of school for the third time. Providence won’t even take me. So you’ll have to do something to even spark a flame in my body. Especially something to make me return back to Her.” Aura says as her alarm goes off and she sits up in bed.

“Four o’clock? Good enough. I guess I should get ready for school then.” Aura says as she gets out of the bed and walks over to her wardrobe and gets a new pair of clothes and walks towards the bathroom and takes a shower. Twenty minutes later she walks out of the bathroom.

Aura grabs her bag and her duffel bag and throws them by the door.

She sits on her bed and grabs her phone and earbuds and puts them in and starts listening to her music as she goes around the apartment cleaning up after last night.

“Alright there. All clean. I gotta get outta here before I’m late.” Aura says as she grabs her bags and walks out of the apartment.

Down the hall there’s a bit of commotion going on with a couple a people arguing.

“I told you to check if you had the key!” The woman shouts at the man.

“Well I did check and it was the wrong key!” The man shouts back.

“Hey. What’s the problem here?” Aura asks as she approaches the couple.

“He forgot his key and locked us out of the apartment and now we have to wait until seven to call a locksmith to get in.” The woman says.

“Here. I know a little trick that’ll help you.” Aura says as she approaches the door and pulls a hair pin from her pocket and lock picks the door.

“How did you?” The man asks.

“Lots of practice back where I came from. Had to steal to survive. But it’s the way the world goes. And don’t worry. I don’t steal anymore so you won’t have to worry about me.” Aura says as she walks away. The man and woman thank her as she leaves.

As Aura leaves the building she looks at the ring on her finger as it glows a yellowish white glow.

“Heh. Celestia never fails to impress me with the artifacts that I steal. Hehe. She’s gotta be so mad.” Aura says to herself as she starts to walk to the school.

“Luckily no one asked where I was from. Especially that Sunset Shimmer girl. Ohhh. How much I hate her. How she always stole the spotlight from me. What I did she always did better. Like a sister who was favored in the family. Luckily no one knows much about me.” Aura says aloud as she approaches the basket ball court and pulls a basketball out from her duffel bag.

She sets her bags against the fence as she starts to practice for the basketball tryouts that’s going to happen in a few weeks.

“She’s goes for the Half Court Shot!” Aura says as she shoots from half court and makes the shot. “And the crowd goes wild!” Aura says to herself as she pumps her arms into the air to give her imaginary crowd a sign of “Give it all!”

“She goes for the dunk! Will she make it!?” Aura says as she runs towards the basket and jumps but doesn’t jump high enough as she misses but the ring glows and she appears back where she was before she went for the dunk.

“What the? Is that what the ring does? That is awesome! I feel like a time manipulator! This is amazing!” Aura shouts as she claps to herself but she stops as she hears a door shut and she looks towards the parking lot to see Principal Celestia walking towards the court.

“Aura Moon! You better have a good reason for being here at five in the morning!” Principal Celestia says in a deeply agitated tone as she approaches Aura.

“I-I ummm. I wanted to practice.” Aura says nervously as she starts to step backwards.

The principal stops and keeps the look of disappointment before bursting into laughter.

“You should have seen the look on your face. You know you’re the only student that’s ever actually gotten nervous instead of just looking at me funny.” Celestia says with a slight chuckle.

“What?” Aura says looking perplexed. “She’s just like her equestrian counterpart. Has an image to hold but is funny and caring if you get to know her.” Aura says to herself.

“I mean you’re the only one who actually thought that. Since you’re new here and all of that. But I need you to come to my office with me so you can sign some paperwork since we couldn’t get to your parents.” Principal Celestia says as she starts to walk towards the doors to the school.

Aura grabs her bags and follows her. As they enter the school Aura looks around in awe as she walks through the school and they eventually enter the office and Principal Celestia sits at her desk and pulls some papers out from a file cabinet and sets them on her desk.

“Aura Moon. I have some questions to ask you if you don’t mind of course.” Principle Celestia says as she sits down at her desk.