• Published 11th Oct 2023
  • 716 Views, 10 Comments

Your Name Across The Multiverse -DASH SIDE- - DATONETWIxDASHFAN



Rainbow Dash and her human counter part are a quest to return to their worlds

  • ...
2
 10
 716

Chapter 8: Your Name

Author's Note:

OKAY! rewrote the ending. Much happier about it now!



After explaining her story to the three and trying to get back home, Pinkie, known as Anna, gasped in surprise, while Scoots and AJ, known as Alice Jade, were also surprised by this tale.

"Multiverse is real!?" said Anna.

"Anna, you first walk seen it? Remember Heat? How did her universe crash into ours?" Scoots explained as she remembered her old friend.

"Oh, right, silly me! Wait, you're from another multiverse and not Heat's universe, right?!" shouted Anna, turning back to Dash.

"Who?" asked Dash, but before anyone could say, a yellow floating AI pegasus appeared between them.

"Enmity?" said Scoots as she was surprised by their new friend, whom Bolt helped save her father from an evil moon.

"I sensed a weird energy reading during Bolt's fight with the evil moon. It wasn't the Elements or the Chaos readings, so I came here to check it out," said Enmity, looking at Dash and surprised to see her.

"Hey, you look like Fluttershy!" said Dash as Enmity was trying to process this, as she didn't know this Fluttershy person.

"What happened to Bolt? Why is she different?"

"I can explain it again," Dash said as she told her story again, with Enmity catching up.

"I see. Another universe version of Bolt, and you are trying to get home?"

"Yeah, is that bad?" asked Dash

"No. I can help."

"Really, how!?"

"Follow me." smiled Enmity as she floated into the air.

"You sure about this, Enmity?" asked Scoots as she believed who Enmity would take Dash to.

"This is the best thing we can do," explained Enmity, as the group followed Enmity to an open cliff side with flowers.

There, Dash could see another familiar face. Discord was sitting on a large rock but was a different color, purple and red, than his everyday look.

"Father, my readings were correct. It wasn't the Element or the Chaos energy." Enmity told Discord as she hovered over him, who then petted her on the head.

"Good work. Let me guess, Enmity, you brought them here because you think I might help them with their problem, right?"

"Yes, she's not from this universe; she's not the same Bolt."

"Not from this universe? Not Bolt?" said Discord in confusion as they turned around and noticed Dash. He was shocked at her.
"You're not our Bolt," said Discord as he was studying Dash, as he floated to her and started circling her. "She's a Pegasus, no, half-human, half-Pegasus...Interesting."

"Human?" asked Anna, as the group had never heard of that name before

"She's from a universe where humans exist, and they are the dominant race, but looking at her, I see she has half-human and normal pony DNA."

"So a "human" is her? Wait, how do you know this?" asked AJ, trying to understand.

"I'm one of the Lords of Chaos. I know many things, but you—I never expected you." Discord smiled as he floated back to his rock. "You being here, it's starting to make more sense now."

"What are you talking about, Discord?" asked Dash as she approached him and glared.

"Easy, don't want to upset a powerful being, especially the Element of Loyalty."

"She's an Element? Like Accord and the emeralds?" questioned Scoots as she flew to them and wanted to know more.

"Yes, but the Elements in our universe are much different than hers, which takes form or shape, depending on the creature who takes up the Elements. Ours are emeralds with enough power to transform somepony into a "super" state."

"A super state, you mean Super Bolt?" asked Anna, but Discord didn't answer as he stared at Dash.

"What are you looking at?" asked Dash.

"The Element of Loyalty...I sense it in you, but I sense another."

"Other what?"

"I sense two different Loyalty elements, but one is getting stronger than the other," Discord explained as he looked away and stared at the morning sky.

"Another?" questioned Dash, as she held her chest and was feeling something.

"Father, I'm not sensing anything from her or even sensing the elements. What are you seeing that I'm not?" asked Enmity as she flew next to him.

"Enmity, I want you to tell me what's wrong with her?" asked Discord, ignoring her question.

"With her? Well, her personality is different than Bolt; she is less carefree, and her body is different, but I'm not sensing anything strange from her other than that," explained Enmity as Discord sighed.

"Enmity, I'm sensing the two Loyalty energies because she's not the only one here. There's another person inside of her."

"What do you mean by "inside of her"?!" shouted Dash as she was shocked.

"Calm down, pal!" said AJ as she and others held her back, as she suddenly got up in Discord's face.

"Inside of her?! Does that mean Bolt is trapped in there?!" asked Anna

"No," said Discord, looking at the sky and not once turning to them.

"So, not Bolt. Who?" asked Scoots

"It's not my place to say. We all follow the rules in every universe."

"Rules?" said Anna, but Dash pushed her and others off as a rainbow halo appeared behind her as she walked closer to Discord.

"Discord! Drop the bullshit! What are you trying to say about me!?" demanded Dash as her rainbow aura was starting to grow, but Enmity quickly flew in and stopped her.

"Stop! Don't hurt father!" ordered Enmity as she tried her best to keep Dash under control.

"He knows something; I can see it on his face. Tell me what's inside me. What's wrong with me!?"

"Dash, don't!" shouted Scoots as she saw Dash's wings flapping with rage.

"Enough, calm down. Bolt would never act like this!" ordered Anna, but Dash kept getting madder.

"Enough! Tell me what's wrong with me!" demanded Dash

Discord finally looked away from the sky and faced Dash. Without emotion, he said, "Do you remember her yet?"
Dash backed away as she started to freak out. How did Discord know about her memory problems?

"Father?" said Enmity.

"You, do you remember her yet?"

"...her face...she's a friend...I remember her...wait, how did you know that?" questioned Dash.

"I have my ways. Tell me, if you remember her, you are getting closer to finding her, but you are also getting closer to..." Discord stopped as he returned to looking into the sky. Everyone followed him and suddenly saw it.

"What the hay is that!?" pointed AJ as she and others could see a black slime monster with two white eyes, an image floating above in the sky, no, their universe.

"The end." finished Discord.

Dash was confused. Her body was starting to shake, and her head was hurting, so she fell to her knees. The more she nodded, the more her human traits disappeared. Her body was losing mass and turning into a Pegasus pony, but she quickly returned to her normal state, like something was stopping it.

"What's going on? What's wrong with us?" asked Dash, looking up at Discord with fear.

"You're not the only one who was a passenger when you two jumped between universes. You are also carrying someone else."

"Someone...else?" whispered Dash, as she felt pain in her mind as she placed her hand on her face. "Wait, why did I say "us"? Wasn't there someone else with me before?"

"Father, what are you talking about?! Who else is there? What's going on!? Tell us!"

"I can't. Even telling you this is breaking the rules."

"Rules?" everyone said

"The multiverse has rules. Things need to happen, no matter what. The further the multiverse branches from the prime universe, there will be different outcomes. Different takes from the prime universe events, outcomes, and ways of telling things. But the more it branches, the more the universe starts to drop, change, or add things completely. They become different, completely new—a completely new take on someone or everyone's lives. For example, Bolt is a hero in this universe, whose fate is to stop me from destroying this world, but in the prime universe, we're friends because of a certain yellow Pegasus..." sadly said Discord as he petted his AI daughter.

"A completely new take on someone's life...?" whispered Dash

"That's what makes you, "you." In every universe and every reality, there are an infinite number of possibilities, an infinite number of versions of "you" across the multiverse, but that's not the main point. The point is, you can't change your fate, as it's written in stone. In one universe, you and your friends stop a world-ending event, but in another, you don't. It's how things work. That's the rule: don't change things, or the infected dead branch will spread and kill the roots. And if the roots die, so will the whole tree."

"What does this have to do with me? Are you saying that someone else in my body wants to change something?!" Dash asked, her hands on her face, and she cried, not knowing why.

Discord stood up and looked down at Dash. With anger in his voice, he spoke, "Why couldn't you let it go? Why couldn't you accept your fates? Because of you, the whole multiverse is going to die!"

"No! That's not what I wanted!" shouted Dash, her face in shock. She didn't say that, but it was as if someone forced her to say it.

"What do you mean, "that's not what I wanted"? Tell me! What did you want!?"

"I wanted to save her! I wanted her back! I didn't want her to die! I'm not going to give up!" shouted Dash, not realizing she had said it herself without force. She was surprised by her words; she had never felt this way.

"That's not how it's supposed to be. You're supposed to give up and accept your fate, not jump through the multiverse. Your story was to find her and accept her death. Accepted the death of your whole world!"

"No! I won't give up! I'm going to save her!" screamed Dash as a second rainbow halo appeared behind her back, as she roared with rage and tackled Discord off the cliff.

"FATHER!" shouted Enmity as Dash flew out to sea, punching Discord.

"Stop!" yelled Anna, but they were too far away now to hear her.

Scoots quickly thought of something and took off back to the field they were at. She found her orange plane and hopped in.

"Bolt, I wish you were here, but I'll stop this!" shouted Scoots as she started the plane and took off. She pressed a button on the aircraft, transforming it into jet fighter mode. With this form, Scoot blasted off where Dash and Discord were.


Meanwhile, Dash was beating on Discord and was still screaming.

"I won't give up, not ever! I don't care if you or anyone thinks I should; I'm not giving up! I'm saving her, and nothing can stop me!"

Discord was taking the hits, but he didn't fight back. "What is it with you? What makes you think you have a choice in all this? The rules..."

"I don't give a fuck about the rules!" shouted Dash as the two rainbow halos behind her back glowed brightly.

"I won't give up, and you can't stop me. I will get her back; I don't care what anyone says!"

"Dash, that's why rules are there: to keep everything going. If you oppose it, you create "that," coughed Discord as he pointed to the slime monster in their universe. "You are creating the end of everything!"

"I'm not gonna let that thing get me!"

"It's not after you! It's after everyone!"

Dash looked up at the sky at the slime creature.

"Why? Why is it there? What's it doing?!"

"It's trying to spread itself. It's going to make dead branches and infect the prime universe."

"But, why!?"

"Because, like I said, this happens when the rules are broken. It's going to kill everything and everyone. And if it spreads to the prime universe, it'll also kill that. The End. Nothing, all life in the multiverse will be gone. You got to let her go..."

"Let her go? I can't, not now, not ever. She was my world, and I won't leave her!"

"She's gone..."

"SHE'S NOT!"

"I'm sorry..."

"SHUT UP!"

"It's time to move on..."

"NO! I'm saving her!"

"You got to accept that..."

"I CAN'T, I'LL NEVER ACCEPT IT!" screamed Dash with rage as she punched Discord in the face and sent him flying across the ocean. She's filled with rage, so much so that a third rainbow halo appears behind her like the others.

"FATHER!" shouted Enmity in fear and sorrow as she appeared and caught him in her tiny arms.

"Foolish daughter...run..." coughed Discord as his blood was falling out of his mouth

"But..." Enmity held on to Discord and started to cry; she wouldn't leave her father.

Dash saw this and got furious. The third halo grew brighter, and her eyes became blank. She was so angry that a fourth rainbow halo appeared behind her back.

"I'M NOT GIVING UP, AND NO ONE IS STOPPING ME, RULES OR NOT!"

"Father!" cried Enmity as she held Discord tight as a bright Rainbow aura appeared around Dash.

Dash was so angry that she wanted to kill them, but she froze. She watched the little AI Pegasus holding Discord so tight and crying. She remembered something from her past as static filled her vision.


The static faded, and Dash's vision was like a worn-out videotape as she held ashes in her hooves. She was crying, as the world was burning all around.
"I'm sorry I couldn't save you." she cried as she was holding the ashes to her charred burning chest. "I will never let you go..."

She looked up and could hear a voice telling her to finish it. Break the world.

"What? Finish it? Finish what?"

The world is already dying; break it! Let's finish it together.

"Break?"

Break the world, and you will be with her forever.

"With her?"

The voice said yes, and Dash smiled. She closed her eyes and could hear the voice again as her eyes turned blank.

"Break the world...and be with her...be with you...Breaker..."

Her vision burned away into the whiteness. She blinked and could see herself in a white void.

"What was that?" said Dashie

"No clue," said Dash as she appeared beside her human version.

"Dash! You are alive!" cried Dashie as she hugged her pony version

"Miss you too!" laughed Dash as they rubbed Dashie's head

"I'm sorry..."

Both Dashes turned to the figure sitting in front of them, with her back towards them.

"Who are you?"

"You should know who I am, Rainbow Dash."

"No clue. Why are you here?"

"I'm here because...I want to apologize."

"Apologize?" questioned both Dashes.

"I'm sorry. I should have never made that choice. It was too late for me; it was too late to stop myself from making the wrong choice, but I'm going to make things right, I promise."

"Make things right?" asked Dashie

"I'm going to save her, no matter the cost. I'm sorry for everything."

"Sorry for what? Saving her? Who are you!? Why did you take over Dashie's body!?" shouted Dash

"I'm sorry for not saving her."

"Sorry?" questioned Dashie, tears falling from her eyes.

"I couldn't save her; no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't. She was gone. She's not coming back."

"But..." cried Dash, as tears were also filling her eyes.

"I'm sorry for making that choice. That choice, that choice that broke me..."

"What choice?"

"I couldn't save her...so I made a new one..."

"New?"

"To break everything..."

"Break everything?"

"Yes. To break everything if I couldn't be with her..."

"But why? Why would you do that?"

"Because..."

The figure turned around and quickly melted into a black ooze-looking pony as it screamed out to them.
"BECAUSE WE'RE MEANT TO BREAK EVERYTHING!" laughed the monster.

Both Dash was horrified by what they saw and quickly stepped back.

"Who are you?" asked Dash as she was backing up.

"My name is...Rainbow Breaker."

"Rainbow Breaker? What's going on?!"

"Break!"

The monster attacked them but froze as if something or someone were controlling its body, as rainbow tears fell out of its eyes.

"Please, save her...remember her...It's why I sent you away..."

"Sent away?" said both Dashes.

"I couldn't save her, but maybe you can..."

"Wait!"

"Find her..."

The monster's body was melting away into the whiteness, leaving a small piece of a rainbow shard behind. Dash and Dashie slowly walked up to it but stopped as a third version of them walked up to the shard and picked it up.

"I will. I'll save her."

Both Dashes were confused by the third version.

"Sorry, you two, I'm retaking the wheel."

The white void engulfed everyone, and Dash was back in the real world, seeing Enmity and Discord in front of her. She finally let go of her rage, and the halos on her back faded away.

"I'm sorry...for hurting you..." cried Dash

"You finally took over?" Discord asked, but before he could answer, an energy ball appeared and landed on Dash's back, shocking her.

"AGH!"

Enmity and Discord were thrown back from the force as Dash was being electrocuted and screaming.

"ENOUGH OF THIS!" yelled Scoots as she fired another energy ball from her plane cannon, hitting Dash again.

"AAAAAGH!"

All three watched as Dash lost consciousness from the attacks and fell into the ocean below. She was stinking into the bottom of the ocean floor. As her body lay there, a metal arm came from above and grabbed her. Slowly taking her back to the surface, revealing Scoots saved her.

"Scoots, listen to me. You need to find the Rainbow Ruby!" said Discord as he flew beside Scoots in her plane.

"Rainbow Ruby?"

"Yes, don't you remember that ruby from a few years ago?"

Scoots tried to remember and did, she remember the Rainbow Ruby and how she, AJ and Bolt were teleported to places to their past adventure as they fought Discord and Chaos Spirits.

"Yes, I remember the ruby now, but why?"

"It can help her remember "her," and it will send her back to her universe. Bolt is in danger. She's fighting against "that" and is losing; even super state 2 isn't enough," explained Discord as they look up and see a golden light fighting the ooze monster and flickering in and out.

"No!"

"Quick, she doesn't have much time."

"But where is the Ruby?"

"It's somewhere on Gala Island. After you find it and make her remember, let her take the Master Element Emerald. Bolt is going to need "those" again. Now go!"

"Right! But where are you going?" asked Scoots as she could see Discord and Enmity disappearing

"Going to meet my other selves," smirked Discord as they vanished into thin air

Scoots flew back to the island, picked up her friends, and told them what they needed. AJ didn't like this, but if it had to save Bolt, she would help. The same was true for Anna, as both hopped onto the plane and headed to Gala Island, floating above the sea.


As they arrived and landed at the shrine of the Master Element Emerald, Scoots quickly got to work.

"How are we going to find the Ruby?" asked Anna

"Well, that's where AJ comes in."

"Sugar cube, you can count on me! I can find any stone on my island!" winked AJ as she hurriedly stormed into the forest.

"I will stay and keep an eye on Bolt," said Anna, watching Scoots work on a device before getting out of the plane and checking Dash.

"Okay," replied Scoots as she continued to work on a device.


An hour later, Dash opened her eyes and heard voices.


"So, this is the Rainbow ruby," said Anna as she looked at it. At the same time, AJ hands it to Scoots.

"Would had been here faster, if it wasn't for a certain diamond dog!" snapped AJ, as a specific diamond dog came out from a hole in the ground and looked up at her, Dash could see it had a white fur and fancy dark purple hair.

"Hehehe, Sorry, darling. I didn't mean to steal it from you. Just saw it and must have it!"

"Rarity..." sighed Anna.

Scoots was looking at the sky before she turned to Dash and noticed she was awake.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" asked Scoots as she floated towards her.

"Like a truck ran me over."
"That's good to hear; it means my weapon was affected against you." smiled Scoots as she pointed a smaller version of her plane's cannon gun at her face.

"You can say that." groaned Dash as she sat up and looked at her. "I'm not fighting you. I lost it back there, and I'm sorry."
Scoots and everyone wasn't sure to believe her, but Scoots didn't lower her weapon.

"Look, Discord asked us to give you two things. First, here," said Scoots as she tossed a rainbow ruby stone at Dash. She caught it, and her eyes went wide.

"This is a rainbow shard? But it's so huge!"

"Not a shard. It's the Rainbow Ruby, Which can teleport you to past events or people you met. Thing caused a lot of trouble years ago."

"Really?"

"Yeah, after the last use, it seems to have landed on Gala again. We didn't know where the Ruby went or what happened to it, but it seems to have been used again. So, use it," explained Scoots.

"How?"

"Think of the person or the time you want to return to. After remembering the past, it will send you back here."
Dash thought about it and knew who she wanted to return to—the pony she was trying to remember so hard. She held the Ruby tight. The Ruby glowed brightly and surrounded Dash with a rainbow light before teleporting her away.

"Where did it send her?" asked Anna as she watched the Rainbow light fade.

"To where she needed to be." smiled Scoots.


When Dash opened her eyes, she saw she was in a city. It was a beautiful sunny day, with the sun in the middle of the sky, and the streets were filled with ponies and other creatures. She looked around and didn't recognize where she was.

"Where am I?"

"What's wrong?"

"Huh?"

Dash turned to the pony talking and could see "her" again. All three purple figures are flickering between each other.

"Oh, it's nothing. Just wondering where we are."

"We're at Spark City, silly. Where else would we be?" laughed "her"

Dash could only smile as she held her hoof/hand out for Dash to grab. Dash grabbed her hoof/hand, and they continued their walk together.

"It's nice here, right Rainbow?"

"Isn't it?"

"Yeah, ever since the war ended between the two sisters all those years ago, it's been peaceful. I heard the war ended
when a weapon destroyed both kingdoms. I wonder what would have happened if that war had continued. The two sisters never spoke about why they fought in the first place."

"Really?"

"Yeah. The only thing we do know is it brought peace. Peace between all. All the creatures are free to walk on these lands and in cities. The sisters' war ended faster, creating this world and our home."

"I'm glad you like this place." smiled Dash as she flickered between her three different versions

"It's my favorite place. I love walking down these streets and talking to everyone. This place has everything, but you made it more peaceful. You defeated the gangs and those who wanted the sister's war to be a thing again. Thank you." smiled "her."

"It's the least I can do." Dash took "her" hand/hoof and held it tight. You are my world. My everything. You gave me so much love, joy, and happiness; I can't imagine my life without you...Nightfall."

"Same for me. I would do anything for you. No matter what, I will always be by your side. I love you."

"Love you too."

Dashes closed their eyes and started to cry.

"I want this memory to go on forever, but the memory we need isn't this one. I'm sorry," said the third Dash, as her eyes cried rainbow tears.

The memory around Dash started to crack and fade as the rainbow water stream and white void sky appeared. Dash walked through the shallow water and stopped.

"Okay, it's time. Go remember them," said Dash to herself as she slowly closed her eyes. Soon, Dashiell and Rainbow Dash walked out of her and kept walking as they entered their memories.

Three years later, she met "her" and the other girls. Dashie remembers running around the block as it started to rain, so she headed back home. That's when she saw the girl she had forgotten. She stood a few inches from her front door with her arm, wanting to knock. She was soaking wet to the bone.

"Hey, are you okay?" Dashie ran up behind the girl, who was surprised and didn't face Dashie.

"Oh hey, I'm fine. Sorry!" quickly said the girl as she tried to run from Dashie and tried to hide her face.

"Don't run away. You're going to get sick. Here." said Dashie as she removed her jacket and put it over the girl's shoulder. Making her face her. That's when Dashie drops her coat as she sees the girl's almost revealing face. She quickly grabbed her shoulder and asked her, asking who hurt her, as she had a bruise on her cheek.

"No one."

"Liar."

"I'm fine."

"Then how did you get those bruises then?!"

"Just a fall, that's all."

"Please, tell me the truth!" shouted Dashie, with tears in her eyes. "Was it your father? That fucking cock sucker!? What did he do this time!?"

"NO!" yelled the girl, as her voice broke down.

Dashie hugged her and stroked her head, knowing it was right. The girl was never good at lying. She helped her up and entered the house. Dashie's parents were out for the night, so they were alone.

"Come upstairs and dry off," said Dashie as they went up to her room, gave her a towel, stepped outside, and waited for her to dry off and change into Dashie's pajamas, which were just shorts and a long t-shirt.

As the girl finished changing into Dashie's pajamas, Dashie saw the bruises on her arm, as the clothes she had on before were covered. Dashie could feel the rage building inside her as she held the girl's arm softly.

"You shouldn't let him hurt you. Please, leave him. Come live with us."

"I can't. I have no one. They don't care."

"I'm your family, your friend; you have me and everyone else. So, please," begged Dashie

"Sorry, I can't. He has never allowed me to live here with you and your folks. You know how much our parents hate each other. Plus, it's my fault he gets angry. I should have studied more for that test."

"Don't say that! Please, you can't think that way."

"Sorry..."

"Please, don't say sorry."

The memory froze as Dashie pounded the water with her fist. She remembered this memory: the day she learned how much suffering the girl was going through. She never showed it, being strong and hiding her pain. She knew why she didn't show it. She didn't want her to worry, as the girl was always concerned about her.

"Damn it..."

The memory started to play again as Dashie let the girl sleep on her bed while she slept on the floor. She set the blanket on the floor but felt a warm, shaking hand on her wrist. It was her, begging her to sleep on the bed with her. So, she did. They lay there and held each other close as the rain continued to pour outside.

"Thank you..." said the girl as she snuggled closer to Dashie.

"It's nothing. Don't thank me."

"You always save me. From the first day we met."

"What do you mean?"

"The day we met, I had no one, no friends, my brother hated me, and my parents never wanted to understand me. I was in so much pain; I just wanted to disappear and be free from it. Then you and the others, you gave me friendship. You saved me."

"That's because... I...I." stuttered Dashie as she couldn't find the words to say

"It's why I always look up to you." smiled the girl as she got closer to Dashie.

"You know, I'm not that great. I'm not perfect. You see that, right?"

"I do. You're not perfect. No one is. I want to be like you. You're always smiling, making everyone happy and helping them. You always had a big heart. Even when we met, I could see that. That's why I will always remember the day you saved me. The day we met was the best day of my life."

Dashie could only blush as she heard her say that. The girl closed her eyes as she smiled. Dashie's heart started to beat fast; she had never felt like this before.

The memory froze as Dashie smiled. She remembered this memory even more. It was the day that she fell in love with the girl. She was her everything; she was the one who changed her life. The memory unfroze as the girl started to talk again.

"I wish I could be like you, but I can't. I'm a coward. I can't take the pain, and I run. I run far away from the pain and try to hide it. I wouldn't have to bother you or the girls if I could be stronger. Maybe it would be best if I just truly disappeared." whispered the girl as she pulled away from Dashie's chest, but she was pulled back in.

"I can't ever think of a world without you!" shouted Dashie as tears formed in her eyes. "You are always bringing out the good in everyone! Something I can never do! You're always there to help and bring everyone together! You bring a smile to everyone's faces! You are not a coward! Please, don't say that. You are a spark within our friendship...I-I..I-I..."

"Dashie..."

"I-I..I-I lo..." said Dashie as she stuttered. But she quickly let her go. She jumped out of the bed and looked for something under it until she found it. It was a white box. Dashie handed it to her.

"This is a present," said Dashie as she looked away, a vast red blush across her face. It's for your birthday, but I think you need it now more than later."

The girl opened the box, and inside was a red jacket. It had six stars on the back. She looked at Dashie, who was blushing as she explained the stars. "The larger purple star in the center is you. The small stars around you are the friends that are closest to you, which are me and the girls. The white star behind your star is the people who support you and those you met and help," explained Dashie as she looked at her and started tearing up. "You're the best of all of us. You're on your way to do great things. Keep going while wearing that jacket because we'll always be with you...we will always support you..."

"Dashie..." whispered the girl as she also started to cry.

The memory froze as Dashie looked up to the white sky and cursed at herself, cursing for forgetting her. How could she forget her? The most important person to her. Her world, the person she always looks up to, the one she fell in love with.
"Fuck..." cursed Dashie, as tears streamed down her face, and the memory unfroze as Dashie walked into it and replaced herself.

"We will always be there with you, Twilah Finkelstein...always." Dashie smiled, seeing Twilah's purple eyes as the prism lights faded.

"Thank you..." smiled Twilah as she hugged the jacket. "I'll treasure this forever..."

They lay in each other's arms and slowly drifted asleep as the memory turned into purple lights. As engulfed in it, Dashie spoke with hope: "I'll find you, and this time, I won't chicken out in telling you how much I love you..."


Dash found herself sitting at a table with the purple mare as they were in the castle garden and enjoying the time with tea.

"So, how have you been feeling since our talk? It's been a few months now," the mare asked as she looked at Dash with worry.

"Better. A lot better. Thanks..." replied Dash as she poured herself some tea

"It's no problem. We are friends, right?"

"Friends..." whispered Dash as she sipped the tea.

"You miss them, right?"

"Huh?" said Dash as she snapped out of it.

"Our friends. Everyone has been busy this year, and we're hardly talking because of it. We don't hang out anymore. You must miss them too, right?"

"I-I..miss you a lot..." stuttered Dash, as she blushed a little.

"Huh?" said the mare, as she couldn't hear what she said.

"It's nothing," replied Dash as she looked down.

"Are you sure you're okay? You've been acting weird lately. Well, a little more than usual."

"Nah, I'm fine. I was just worried about the wedding. I'm going to be the maid of honor at Spitfire's wedding. Still shocked, she asked me, you know?"

"Me too." laughed the mare. "She could ask anyone, and she asked you. Guess she can't trust her friends as much as her best wingman."

"Shut up," giggled Dash. I'm sure she asked me because she knew I wouldn't back down and I wouldn't cry at weddings."

"True, no one wants a crying mess of the best wingman." giggled the mare.

Dash laughed with her as they finished their tea. They talked and had fun. Soon, the two stood up, stretched their wings, took off to a nearby cloud, and sat down. Dash always loved seeing the mare moving the sun and moon as if she had time to do whatever she wanted with them. She remembered the talk she had a few months ago, and she felt the same feelings again. She thought she was running out of time since Spitfire revealed she was getting married.

"Hey, can I ask you a question?" asked Dash as she looked at the mare.

"Sure." replied the mare.

"Is...is it true that if you are in love with someone and want to confess it to them, it must be done within a year; otherwise, the feelings will disappear? You'll never be able to say the words to them again. You'll regret not saying it. Will you still love them?"

"Yes." replied the mare. "Why, you ask?"

"I don't know. It's just something I heard. That's all."

"So, why the sudden interest?"

"No reason." Dash as she looked away.

"Oh, come on. Is Rainbow Dash in love?" teased the mare as she leaned closer and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Shut up. You don't need to know." blushed Dash as she pushed the mare back.

"Sorry, sorry. It's just so rare. I'm the Princess of Friendship and haven't found anyone special yet. It's not like I am trying to find someone, but still, I'm kind of jealous of Spitfire. Even Pinkie. They seem so happy together with their loved ones. So, are there any lucky stallions or mares in your life?"

"Well, that's it...I'm not sure...I don't know if it's love or I want it to be "love"...sorry, It's hard to explain."

"No, it's fine. Take your time."


The memory froze as Dash remembered this talk. She was always good at pushing and hiding her feelings away from others. She didn't want to ruin their friendship with confusing feelings, especially since she was having a midlife crisis. She knew the mare was happy with how things were and didn't want to lose that.

The memory unfroze as the two watch the sunset as Dash tries to explain herself.

"It's just that I know how I feel; I love them, but...I'm not sure if it's that kind of love. Since Spitfire and others around us started to settle down, I have wondered if I would do the same. If I could ever find the right person to share my life with...but I feel like I'm running out of time..."

"That's why you ask about the time limit of confessing love, huh? Even the talk a few months back."

"Yeah...but what if the feelings aren't love? What if they are something else? It's a lot of pressure."

"You're afraid, aren't you?"

"Huh?"

"You're afraid. That's why you're afraid to say the words, right?"

"I'm not a"

"Yes, you are. You are scared of the unknown and the outcome of confessing. That's why you're so confused."

"No, it's not. It's just that I don't know if what I'm feeling is love. Am I really in love, or am I in love with the idea of love? Of having someone to hold and being held and caring and loved."

"Do you see them in your dreams?"

"Huh?"

"Your future. Do you see them in it? When you think about your future, do you see them in it? Do you picture them as being your partner?"

Dash looked surprised as she thought about it. She always saw herself and the mare together. They were close and could hang out anytime, day or night. She saw them together in the future, being happy.

"I-I..." stuttered Dash.

"It's okay. I understand. I had the same thought when I thought about the future."

"Y-you too?"

"Yeah. Like, do I see myself being a Princess forever? I think I'm okay with the job. Would I have romance or be a princess who's all alone? I know Celestia and Luna were both single, but I don't think I could ever do the same. It's not that I can't handle it, but I wouldn't say I'm okay with the thought of being lonely. So, yes. I think about it."

"What do you see?"

"Huh?"

"What do you see?" repeated Dash.

"Oh, um...well, I can't tell you."

"Why not?"

"Because...I picture you..."

Dash turned bright red but still listened as the mare kept talking.

"...and the girls. I see everyone we ever met in Ponyville and across the world. Everyone. I don't see myself as lonely as long as everyone is here. I can't be there for everyone, but I always have my friends. That's the future I want. Where everyone is happy, where I could live a peaceful life and be able to see you and the girls, but..."

"But?" asked Dash as she could see the mare growing sad.

The memory froze as Dash sat there shaking her head. She remembered this now: why she would always make time for her, no matter what day, week, or year. She'll be there for her. How could she forget her? She promised herself that she would always be there for her! Dash stood up, walked into the memory, and replaced herself.

The memory started to play again as Dash was leaning in.

"But I remember I'm an alicorn now. I'm going to live everyone out. Everyone, all our friends, the girls...you...it scares me. It reminds me I'll be lonely, even when everyone is here. In the blink of an eye, it'll just be me. It makes me sad and lonely just thinking about it."

"Don't worry. It's going to be okay," said Dash asokay approached and hugged her.

"How do you know?" cried the mare as the prism lights faded from her face.

"I just do because I'll always be there. Always. Even when the day comes when I die, my soul will always find its way back to you, and the same goes for the girls. We'll be reborn and find our way back to you. You can't get rid of me that easy..."

Dash pulled back and could see her face now. Her purple eyes with tears.

"Can't get rid of all of us that easy, Twilight Sparkle! We'll be with you until the very end! We'll haunt you like a ghost!" shouted Dash as she wiped the tears away, and she could hear laughter and a faint smile.

"You're such an idiot," said Twilight.

"And you stuck with me forever. I'm not letting you go. You'll be with me in this life and the next."

"Idiot," whispered Twilight as she bopped Dash on the head. "...thank you."

The memory started to turn into a purple and pink light.


The third Dash watches as Dashie and Rainbow walk towards her, smiling with hope and tears in their eyes.

"Good, glad you remember them."

Dashie nodded as she pounded her heart. "I remember Twilah. I remember the day I fell in love with her. She showed me her feelings for me and her suffering. I want to protect her and make her see that she's the best of us all and will always do great things. I want to see that smile on her face, no matter what. She deserves the world and a future of happiness, joy, and peace. I think that's why I stopped running and felt lost. I want to be a part of her future, the person who makes her happy—loving her until we grow old. I'm finally going to tell her how I feel!" said Dashie. Those memories became rainbow lights, pounding her chest. The third Dash opened her wing, showing the rainbow shard.

Rainbow Dash nodded as she pounded her chest. "I remember Twilight. She's a great and caring friend. She revealed her fear of losing everyone: her family, friends, the girls, and me. She's always putting us before herself, and it's her burden. She thinks she will be alone, with no one around her, but she's not. We'll always be there for her, in spirit, a memory, or even as a new reincarnated pony. I'll keep my promise, always making time for her. I'll be with her, in this life and the next, as a friend and maybe...more." said Rainbow. Memories turned into rainbow lights, and Dash held out the second shard with her other wing.

"I'm proud of both of you. Never forget them; they're your pride and joy."

Soon, the third Dash memory started to play as they all watched.

Dash felt her body hurting as she finally beat Nightfall's father and killed him. She walked over to the tub that held Nightfall and kicked it open, releasing the purple alicorn. She was awake as she hugged her.

"Thank you. Thank you. You did it."

"Of course I did." smiled Dash.

Both touched noses and were about to leave when a tube not too far from them was turned on. They walked to it and could see a slime within it. Dash grew mad and destroy the tube, the slime was the cause of all this, as it came from her past, the past she wanted to forget and move on.

They were about to leave when suddenly, they could hear crying from within the tube. They looked inside and could see a small filly. Soon, the computer screen turned on, revealing who the filly was, shocking them, but before they could read more, the computer died. The filly looked at them and was scared of them. Dash and Nightfall looked at each other and back at the filly. Dash reached out to touch the filly, only for Nightfall to pick the filly up and hug her, making Dash smile. The memory started to glitch as Nightfall asked what they should name her.

"We'll save her as you promise her. She isn't your past but her future," said Dashie and Rainbow simultaneously as they fused with her and looked down at their wings, seeing a completed rainbow orb necklace. She put it on but doesn't remember where or how she got it from, but deep down, she remembers something. At night, it always looks like a rainbow comet, and someone told her it was a symbol, a symbol of love between lovers.

"It's time, let's go..."

Scoots and the others watched as Dash returned, but she looked much different. Even her friends were confused by her new look.

"I see something happened?" said Scoots as she lowered her weapon.

"Yeah, and tell Discord thanks. By the way, what was the second thing you wanted to give me?"

AJ tossed the Master Element emerald over to Dash, who caught it.

"He said Bolt is going to need "them" to stand a chance against that!" pointed AJ to the sky, as the slime monster was now the whole universe, as a fading golden light fighting it.

"Got it!" nodded Dash as a rainbow pillar of light engulfed her body and disappeared.


Within a flash, Dash landed on her hooves and could see she was back in the universes from which her other selves came. She stepped forward, and the crater reappeared from the dark slime. She looked up and saw another version of herself, with grey-out emeralds around her, as she was on her last leg. She looked up further and could see the monster. She knew who it was.

"Don't worry. I'm coming. Rainbow Blitz is coming!" said Blitz, as the monster sent out a mighty roar that reality scattered behind her. As the wall between them broke, a reflection of Twilight appeared before the broken glass vanished.


...to be continued in "Your Name Across the Multiverse" and "Twilight Side"(if you haven't already read that first)

Comments ( 4 )

11725793
Don't suppose you have one for Twilight's? These are actually great AI generated art. I'd say you commissioned them if not for these comments.

11749447
Her cover art right? Give a few minutes

11749447
https://i.ibb.co/RCT9ctY/ch2.jpg

ikr? i just put whatever and it gave me a story idea for this series

Login or register to comment